Hyperlink a Visio shape to a worksheet

I have a Visio diagram that represents the computers in ou
computer/server room.  I want to create hyperlinks from each of th
shapes that represents a server (for example) to a correspondin
worksheet in a workbook.
I can get the hyperlink to open the workbook, but I can't figure ou
how to drill down to the specific worksheet for a particular server.

Thanks in advance,

Jef

not tested but try adding the sheet name with
workbookpath+name#sheet1

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

> I have a Visio diagram that represents the computers in our
> computer/server room.  I want to create hyperlinks from each of the
> shapes that represents a server (for example) to a corresponding
> worksheet in a workbook.
> I can get the hyperlink to open the workbook, but I can't figure out
> how to drill down to the specific worksheet for a particular server.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Jeff
>

> ---
frank.kabel (11126)
4/13/2004 9:48:51 PM
Frank -

I tried it, and the OP must have tried it. You can type in the sheet
name, but you get an error when the file opens.

Then after five minutes in Visio (doubling the time I've spent in Visio
all year), I went into the Visio VBA object model. I figured a click on
the shape would do it, and in VBA open the workbook and tab to the
proper sheet. But I couldn't find any object with a simple click event.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/
_______

Frank Kabel wrote:

> not tested but try adding the sheet name with
> workbookpath+name#sheet1

0
jonNO1 (306)
4/14/2004 3:51:20 AM
Hi Jon
thanks for the update. I'll try it by myself (don't have Visio on my
laptop so I have to get my work computrer...)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Jon Peltier wrote:
> Frank -
>
> I tried it, and the OP must have tried it. You can type in the sheet
> name, but you get an error when the file opens.
>
> Then after five minutes in Visio (doubling the time I've spent in
> Visio all year), I went into the Visio VBA object model. I figured a
> click on the shape would do it, and in VBA open the workbook and tab
> to the proper sheet. But I couldn't find any object with a simple
> click event.
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Peltier Technical Services
> http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/
> _______
>
> Frank Kabel wrote:
>
>> not tested but try adding the sheet name with
>> workbookpath+name#sheet1

0
frank.kabel (11126)
4/14/2004 6:02:44 AM
Hi,

Just wanted to let you know that I figured out a workaround.

I saved each of the server info worksheets as web pages, and linked th
corresponding Visio objects to their web pages.

Unfortunately, if I update any server info, I have to re-save th
worksheet(s) and replace the old web page(s).

Thanks for your assistance.

Jeff ;

hyperlink #4
Hello, I have. a spreadsheet with 300+ records. One column has website addresses. How can I format those cells so that when I click on the web address, it will go to the websites? I know Excel explains it but I'm not understanding it. if someone could help me with this, I would really appreciate it. Thanks, Mindy Mindy Select the cells, hit F2 and ENTER as many times as needed to roll through the range and change to hyperlinks. Whole column at a time use this macro from David McRitchie. Sub MakeHyperlinks() Dim cell As Range For Each cell In Intersect(Selection, _ ...

Hyperlinks
I have a spreadsheet that is 3604 rows & 6 columns. Column E has only hyperlinks to URL's. I have filtered my data via column B. I tried to A-Z Column A. When I do, the hyperlinks do not stay with the data. The mask looks correct but when you scroll over the hyperlink you see a completely different URL.????? Can anyone tell me how to make sure the Hyperlink keeps the correct URL when filtering and sorting the data. Try using the =HYPERLINK() worksheet function Tim "LeisaA" <LeisaA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3362C55C-FBA2-43...

Is it possible to digital sign a Visio drawing ?
Is it possible to attach a digital signature to a Visio drawing ? I would like to do something that is more like the PDF doc files that are digitally signed and protected. Is this possible ? I have been considered exporting the drawing in PDF and finally applying the signature and the protection. However, I would like to have a Visio based solution for this question. Thank you Cristian Visio does not currently have this capability. -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Chris" <donotreply...

Excel 2000 Hyperlinks
Probably a silly question, but how do you turn off hyperlinks? I know how to remove them, but I want the entire feature turned off so that when I type an email address it doesn't turn it into an active hyperlink. In XP, you can go to Tools, Autocorrect options, but I can't seem to find the option in 2000. >>but I can't seem to find the option in 2000. Me either. You could precede the entry with an apostrophe. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP .... or hit CTRL-Z right after it converts. Rgds, Andy ...

Hyperlinks and e-mail
I want to be able to send an e-mail as a result of a vlookup. so if I have the name in Col A,the email address in Col B,the case number in Col C and the Vlookup formula on a different page I want to be able to lookup the name and also get the email hyperlink, with the case number included in the subject field. Then I need to automate that process with a Macro.......... Ade Hi not quite sure this is what you want but for mailing macros have a look at Ron's site: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ade wrote: > I want to be able to send a...

Can you hyperlink to a hyperlink?
I'm am having trouble linking/referencing a cell that contains another hyperlink. There is a master list on one tab, that has hyperlinks to all documents listed. Our other tabs (within the same spreadsheet) contain the same information that is stored in the master list tab, but specific to a group. (i.e. a training tab, lists only the training documents) The idea is to maintain only the hyperlink on the master list page, but allow others to click of the hyperlink to a document on their specific group tab, and it would open the document. Originally, I just used the &q...

Where can I find a description of a particular shape (e.g. a shap.
Where can I find a description of a particular shape (e.g. a shape from "Basic Flowchart Shapes")? On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 08:08:05 -0800, Yurym <Yurym@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Where can I find a description of a particular shape (e.g. a shape from >"Basic Flowchart Shapes")? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flowchart Any shape in particular? Some of the shapes have no special meaning. -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. http://www.sdl.sandrila.co.uk/ SDL/MSC/TTCN/URN/UML2 for Visio If you hover over the master in the Shapes window a toolti...

Hyperlinks not hyperlinked in long messages
I am receiving a regular mail which contains many hyperlinks. It seems that, when the message exceeds a certain size, only the first hyperlinks work (colored blue and underlined), but they stop working somewhere in the last third of the message. I see this happening with messages with sizes of 129, 185, 210 KB. But on another message with 43KB all the hyperlinks work. (I can send the mentioned messages to someone willing to suggest a solution) I don't know if the problem has to do with the size of the message or the number of hyperlinks within. But if I break one of these messages i...

Hyperlinking images
I have a worksheet with several columns. One of the columns is entitled image which I've hyperlinked to image files. I thought that if I were to email this worksheet to someone else that my images would go along with it. Not happening. How do I set it up, so that the images are embedded on each row as a file name and if I email it to someone, all of the images are transferred also. I know it's a simple solution, but I'm not finding it. Thanks. You must either send all the image files along with the workbook or insert the images into the workbook. Sending ...

Reverse Engineer from Visio 2007 then got Visual Studio 2003 encou
Ciao , Whenever I try to convert my VC++ project source code to UML digram by clicking Project -> Visio UML -> Reverse Engineer menu, I get the same result -- the Visual Studio 2003 encounters runtime error and needs to be closed. I'm using following configration Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 Version 7.1.3052 with Net framework 1.1 version 1.1.4322 SP1 Visio 2007 Trial (12.0.4518.1014). Microsoft Office 2003 (11.5604.6558) Windows XP Professional ver 2002 Service Pack 2 Please advise. Yogesh Kumar Dhiman Engineer (OSS R&D Team) XIU...

how do I delete a worksheet from my workbook
I need to delete an empty worksheet from my workbook. Although I have tried 2 options:- (a) edit menu, delete sheet (b) select sheet, right click and then delete sheet In both options the words "delete sheet" are dimmed and I am therefore unable to delete the sheet. It is a shared workbook Is your workbook protected? "DLee" wrote: > I need to delete an empty worksheet from my workbook. Although I have tried > 2 options:- > > (a) edit menu, delete sheet > (b) select sheet, right click and then delete sheet > > In both options the words &qu...

Hyperlink?
I have been trying to put a hyperlink to a bank in an Excel cell. After difficulty I tried very carefully to follow instructions. When I click on the link, I get a message that starts with "Unable to open <address>" and ends with "Cannot download the information you requested." I do not know if the following is a clue. The address in the cell starts with http://. If I manually copy the address and paste it into the browser it works. But the address that finally appears starts with https://. The rest of the address is modified as well. I am using a relatively...

create a hyperlink field for a tamplate?
I have a template with various fields, when I make use of it, all fields are displayed correctly. One of this fields is a text string that holds pathname and file name of a document related to the record. I would like to have this string come in as a hyperlink, and not have to go and manually change each cell in the column with the Insert - Hyperlink commands. Does anyone knows how to do this? NEW If using Excel 2002 or 2003 you can set this up under Tools>Autocorrect Options>Autoformat as you type. For existing strings a formula in an adjacent cell....... =HYPERLINK(cellref) ...

grouping hidden worksheets
I have budgets in 2 languages on separate worksheets (with the same data), and users make changes in the different language sheets. At present I have a macro that groups the sheets so that data entered in one language is reflected in the data of the other. I would like to hide the worksheet of the language not in use but still have it grouped so changes are reflected. Is this possible? Grouping the sheets is selecting them. To select them, they have to be visible. So I think you'll have to find another approach. bennyob wrote: > > I have budgets in 2 languages on separate...

Limiting size of worksheet
I want to set up a worksheet and limit to 25 columns and 200 rows. I seem to can't find it. Any suggestions are appreciated. Jo -- JB ----------------------------------------------------------------------- JBL's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1504 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26668 Joe You cannot do away with the unused cells. A worksheet has 256 columns and 65536 rows. You can hide the rows and columns you don't want to see. Select them and Format>Hide. Alternative.........You may want to...

Insert hyperlink off and on ?
Why does the insert hyperlink drop down appear grayed out sometimes but at other times it works just fine. This is when I am doing a regular e-mail and want to highlight a term and insert a hyperlink. Outlook 2000. Just seems to have a mind of its own. ...

Hyperlink
I have successfully hyperlinked from a cell in Excel to a Visio file. Does anyone know how to link to a specific shape within the Visio file? The hyperlink can include page, shape, and zoom percent. Ex: http: //MyServer/MyDrawing.vsd#Page-2/Sheet.1?zoom=100 Visio will display the page, center the shape, and zoom to the given percent (but will not select the shape). Hope this helps, -- Bill K. Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "JD" <jd@tivo.com> wrote in message news:068301c350a0$badcfc60$a101280...

hyperlink problem
i have three columns that make up my pdf file names i.e. example: columnA=2010, columnB=03, columnC=33 (my file name is 20100333.pdf). i want to have a column that opens corresponding pdf files. moreover i would like the function to look up for the files in the same drive that my excel files relies on. i have all these in usb and i change many computers so each computer may give a different drive letter name to my usb. can i achieve something like that? p.s. i want to open the pdf file directly, not through the internet explorer. ...

Need Workbook and Worksheet definitions
I am doing a small in-office training tomorrow on the basics of Excel. I would really like to have good definitions of what a workbook and a worksheet is in Excel. Though I know what they are, I do not know how to word it so beginners will have a good understanding. I have searched online and have come up empty handed. Thank you in advance for your time and reply. -- My idea of rebooting is kicking somebody in the butt twice. how about A workbook is the house and worksheets are the rooms. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "nhvwchic" <nhvwchic@discussion...

Delete all Hyperlinks and Actions
Hi, Is there anyway to see and delete all Hyperlinks and Actions in one go? Thanks Only with vba code AFAIK -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html "Cazzy123" wrote: > Hi, > > Is there anyway to see and delete all Hyperlinks and Actions in one go? > > Thanks ...

How do I put my picture into the shape of a clover?
I have a picture from a digital camera and I want to have it in the shape of a clover..any help?? Thanks! Find a clover image http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/clipart/results.aspx?qu=clover&sc=21 Select the clipart picture, arrange, ungroup, delete everything but the clover, select the clover, fill, fill effects, picture tab, browse to your photo. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "cathhpcc" <cathhpcc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE482948-1E72-4A96-9B88-3BAB6FB54CDE@microsoft...

Associate Macros to a Hyperlink
I would like to associate a simple macro to a hyperlink so when click on the hyperlink, excel would go to a certain sheet and change its zoom. Can anyone help me on how to do it? Thank you MJO Hi you can use the worksheet_followhyperlink event to achieve this. E.g. put the following code in your worksheet module Private Sub Worksheet_FollowHyperlink(ByVal Target As Hyperlink) If Target.Range.Address = "$A$1" Then 'insert your code here End If End Sub The above will process your code if the hyperlink in cell A1 is invoked. HTH Frank Maria João Oliveira wrote: > I...

Copied Worksheet, lost the lines that were drawn
Recently upgraded to Windows7. When I copy a Worksheet in the same Workbook (.xlsx file), the lines that were drawn in the original Worksheet from the Insert/Illustrations/Shapes from the Ribbon, do not copy to the new Worksheet. I looked for something in the Options, but couldnt find an answer there. Does anyone else have this problem as well, or know how to fix it? Thanks, Michael Found the solution. When I re-set my Excel Options, in the Advanced tab/page, I checked off the Cut, copy, and sort inserted objects with their parent cells. I simply put the check back, and...

Blocked hyperlinks
After Ctrl-Click on hyperlinks in Office programs i get a message that the computer is blocked for this operation and that i should contact the admin (thats me). I am using Windows 7, Office 07, IE8 and Live Mail 09 (all with available updates). (I reinstalled Chrome but that didn't help. Saw a suggestion about that.) Got one suggestion to reinstall Office but have not tried that. Any easier suggestions? -- Peter L I had the same problem a few days ago. Try this procedure founded on the web: "Restore registry settings in the User Profile 1. Click Start, click Run...

Error Processing 401 worksheet involving interstore transfers
Hi, Just wondering has anybody come across this error on the HQ Client event log. The text below is as much of the query I could retrieve from the client log. This error occurs processing a 401 worksheet, where interstore transfers are involved,from HQ to store - note it occurs intermittantly and does not consistantly occur after every interstore transfer. The transfers in are created correctly at the store and are complete. Maybe there is an issue with the PurchaseOrder,PurchaseOrderEntry tables on the store database? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Pat. <<Execut...