how turn off confirmation messaged for document deletions?

Thanks for all previous and future help.btw I got Access
2002
I have a macro for a button on a form, and it deletes and
copies a few tables. Enough so that clicking OK for
confirmation 3-4 times every time I run it is bothersome,
for me, and probably the user also. I typed in:
With Assistant
    .AssistWithAlerts = False
End With

But all that does is just cause the confirmation message
to be by a plain box, not the cutesy-wutesy paperclip or
whatever.

I clicked on Help when it popped up next, and it says go to
Tools>options>edit/find tab and click off document
deletions.
I went to tools>options> but I can't find edit/find.
I am assuming this is faulty documentation.
Does anyone know how I can turn off the confirmation (then
back on, in VBA) so I won't be bothered when I run:
DoCmd.DeleteObject,DoCmd.CopyObject,DoCmd.OpenQuery
(delete and append)?
Thanks again.
PS-In Access, it's not possible to record macros like
Excel, is it?

0
iane1 (20)

Although this is an Excel group...

I do not use the office-assistant and I don't use Access 2002, that said you
might want to try the following line of code instead of the Assistant code
you have:

    DoCmd.SetWarnings False

If you want to turn them back on again, use:

    DoCmd.SetWarnings True

Post back to let us know if it works please.

And: No, you cannot record macros in Access like you can in Excel.

"Ian Elliott" <iane@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for all previous and future help.btw I got Access
> 2002
> I have a macro for a button on a form, and it deletes and
> copies a few tables. Enough so that clicking OK for
> confirmation 3-4 times every time I run it is bothersome,
> for me, and probably the user also. I typed in:
> With Assistant
>     .AssistWithAlerts = False
> End With
>
> But all that does is just cause the confirmation message
> to be by a plain box, not the cutesy-wutesy paperclip or
> whatever.
>
> I clicked on Help when it popped up next, and it says go to
> Tools>options>edit/find tab and click off document
> deletions.
> I went to tools>options> but I can't find edit/find.
> I am assuming this is faulty documentation.
> Does anyone know how I can turn off the confirmation (then
> back on, in VBA) so I won't be bothered when I run:
> DoCmd.DeleteObject,DoCmd.CopyObject,DoCmd.OpenQuery
> (delete and append)?
> Thanks again.
> PS-In Access, it's not possible to record macros like
> Excel, is it?

0
laughing (84)
8/6/2003 10:07:22 PM
Yeah, it worked, thanks!
I posted in here by mistake!

0
iane1 (20)

Can I send messages from access using outlook?
I thought it was possible to link the address book in Outlook to my Access data base. I'm unsure what to do. ...

reading pane keeps turning on and preview pane keeps turning off
I've been using outlook 2007 for about 6 months and all has been ok until now. My normal view is to have the reading pane turned off and the preview pane turned on. however, now things changed all of a sudden. now when ever I go to the inbox the reading pane is turned on and the preview pane is turned off. So I go to the view menu and reset the view to what it should be. if I click on any other folder such as sent items and back to the inbox, its back to reading pane on and preview pane off. This is the same behavior for all folders. any ideas how to resolve this? Thanks. -- ...

How do you turn off autoformatting?
I am making a spreadsheet that is essentially a record. In one of the cells, I am entering the old/new values for something as 4/80, which Excel instantly turns into April-80. I can format the the cell back to General, but the number that results is not 4/80. And if I go in and reset it to 4/80 again, the autoformatting kicks in again and the whole process starts over. While there are plenty of ways I could work around this, from changing the way I enter the data on up, it has become a sort of matter of honor now. How the heck do I stop Excel from overriding everything I enter? -- nickt --...

Email message NDR's
Since we have migrated to Exchange 2003 and removed our Exchange 5.5 server we have been getting NDR messages such as: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: FW: Again Sent: 4/9/2004 2:05 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: thinkfastest@earthlink.net on 4/9/2004 2:06 PM There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <hera01.dewittstern.com #5.5.0 smtp;550- EarthLink does not recognize your computer (63.239.42.66) ...

Single row delete causes concurrency error via datagridview
Simply one row deleted from datagridview. In the UserDeletedRow event we: called endedit on the bindingsource for the grid and then call the tableadapter.update on the dataset. The update method is when the concurrency error happens. Totally confused. This couldn't be a simpler example. One table with a few columns with a single deleted row. Ideas? Hello, Optimistic concurrency is checked by selecting the row using the original values in the where clause. If one of the values stored in the DB is truncated because of a precision problem, the where clause won't retu...

Sent messages in Outbox
When I send a message in Outlook 2000, a copy is sent to the Outbox folder rather than the Sent folder. The message indeed was transmitted, but the retained copy is stuck in the Outbox. The word "None" shows in the Sent column, supposedly because the message is not recognized as having been sent. In Tools|Options, "Save messages in Sent folder" is selected. Now I have scores of sent messages in the Outbox folder. I cannot move them to the Sent folder, though they can be moved to email folders of correspondents. They can be deleted. I have gone to Help|Detect and Repa...

open a message box if a query is null during an autoexec macro
Hope someone can help with this. I have a query that runs using an AutoExec macro when the database opens. What I want is for a message box to open instead of the query results window, telling me if the query produced any records. I can do this easily enough through a command button on a form, but cant figure out how to do it through an autoexec macro at startup. Any suggestions? You need to have your Autoexec macro run a VB function (macro action RunCode)that executes the query and captures the count of records retrieved. Dim strSQL as string Dim k as integer Dim rs a...

OWA new message and reply message issues
The message box in bothe the new message windows and the reply windows do not load. I beleive this is probly just a security issue with IE, but it seems to work on other pc's with the same preferences. Has anyone else seen this. It only happens on a few pc's. Thanks, Howard ...

Completely empty/blank messages stopping Outlook
We are running Exchange 2003, and clients are accessing via Outlook and POP3. Occasionally, completely empty messages (no sender, no message, no body) will appear in mailboxes, and Outlook will choke. We must then go into OWA, which clearly shows the message to be completely empty, and delete the message before Outlook can receive again. Has anyone encountered this problem before? Is there a fix/work-around? The message Outlook produces at that point is as follows: ---------- Task '(email account name) - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was...

Can not Delete emails #3
I have outlook 2000 premium and I have a problem trying to delete emails from my inbox. My highwater mark file I believe is corrupted and I am getting repeated emails. Everytime I try to delete the extra emails I get this error message. The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persits restart outlook. I have tried to restart but I get the same message everytime. Please advise of possible solution. What is the size of your pst-file? Have you checked it for errors already with scanpst.exe? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips ...

My Message Icon Disappeared (.msg)
I have a couple of emails I've copied to the desktop. They had an envelope icon clearly identifying them as email messages. Now they're just plain white boxes, though their extension is still .msg, and they open fine. It's Outlook 2007 on Vista, and their properties don't have the option to Change Icon. I looked in the Registry under .msg, but I'm not sure what should be there. Any help on how to get the icon back? ...

check print document amount duplicate
I am having a problem with Great Plains every time I try to print payables checks; the amount of document was printed duplicate, but really the document amount isn't duplicate ...

Error message in CRM

How do I stop bullet letter (a, b, c) from turning greek?
When I create a document in which I have used letters for bulletted lists (ie, a), b), c) etc), when I print or reopen it, the letters have changed to Greek characters alpha, beta etc. How can I stop this from happening? Thanks very much. Wow, I cannot duplicate this in any version of Publisher. Maybe you are using a different type font. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "allythegeek" <allythegeek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3FD4415-6A6E-4EA1-97BD-0FF22ADFBB5A@microsoft.com... &...

message importance setting
How do I change the importance setting for one message only? It's very easy with express, but our office is no longer using it. So far, all I can find is how to change ALL of the messages to priority. Thanks, Karla When you're editing the message click the Red Exclamation point or Blue Down Arrow that's on the standard toolbar. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr/Computers/OneNoteFAQ.htm **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post que...

Automatic document file name & path in all new document footers
Will an Office template or other function enable automatic footers on all new documents that includes the file name and path? How? Yes, if you add the Filename \p field to the template footer. It's not advisable to do this in the Normal template, however. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Dora the Explorer" <Dora the Explorer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6569F09-768E-4F1C-9C31-366EB9290794@microsoft.com... > Will an Office template or other function enable aut...

Need macro to auto delete as in example
Let's say I have a range from A1 to G10 (just an example) and in this range data is being brought forward from other work sheets. What I would like to do is delete only the cells to the right of the cell in column A that is empty (also the cell in column A). Understand that some cells that need to be deleted will have zeros in them. Also some of the cells above the ones to be deleted will be blank or have zeros in them as well. Long story short can a macro be written that deletes a range of cells if the first cell in the range is either blank or has s specific entry in it?....Thanks in...

Outlook Express 6 will not open from desktop icon
When I click on the desktop icon for Microsoft Outlook Express 6, it will not open, and the Microsoft error box is displayed on the desktop, which reads "c:\program files\outlook express\msimn.exe is not a valid win 32 application". I had begun to trim my files prior to the latest error message, as I was having some difficulty opening the Inbox periodically, probably due to low memory and/or disk space, as indicated on screen. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 SP1 & Internet Tools, but the situation remains unchanged. It would appear to ...

IE message: other content blocked
Hi, Sometimes I get a message from IE 8: "Pop-up is blocked. Also, to help protect your security, Internet Explorer blocked other content from this site." Does anyone know how to find out what this "other content" is? Failing that, does anyone know, in general terms, what general type of "content" it might be? What sort of website behaviour would trigger the message? Thanks! Please stick with your original thread. --- Leonard Grey Errare humanum est Matt wrote: > Hi, > > Sometimes I get a message from IE 8: > > &...

New Outlook Alert Message
This weekend I installed Office XP sp3 to all systems on our network. Two of the systems have developed a strange symptom. When starting to compose (and perhaps read) a new email, Outlook gives the following alert: A program is tryhing to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If I disable the option to use Microsoft Word as the email editor, the alert goes away. If I reenable it, the alert comes back. The problem is, this is happening on 2 or 3 systems out of 25 or so which are all setup the same way. It is obviously a new feature of one...

Exchane E-TUrn Configuration
Hi. Can anyone please point me in the direction of a document that details the configuration of two exchange servers in different active directory domains where one must receive mails for a specific domain and park them and the other dials-up every hour and retrieves these mails? I believe I have to use E-turn for this? Thanks you ...

Preview Pane turns itself back on
I've asked everyone to disable preview pane and I have one user who tells me that everytime she disables it, it turns itself back on. She can disable it in the inbox, go to sent mail folder, return to inbox and it's back on. Help! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Warning message
Hello. I am trying to personalize my Outlook to avoid sending useless e-mails. For instance, since I have no knowledge of Visual Basic, I have found on the web the following script to avoid sending e-mails with no subject: Private Sub Application_ItemSend(ByVal Item As Object, Cancel As Boolean) Dim strSubject As String strSubject = Item.Subject If Len(strSubject) = 0 Then Prompt$ = "Subject not present, continue?" If MsgBox(Prompt$, vbYesNo + vbQuestion + vbMsgBoxSetForeground, "Check for Subject") = vbNo Then Cancel = True End If End If End Sub It wo...

Deleting messages in Outlook XP
I've recently began using Office XP. When I try to delete messages a line shows through the message, but the message stayes in my Inbox. How can I delete such messages as done in the previous verson of Outlook? Sounds like you are using an IMAP account and this is what happens when you a delete a message, you need to use the Purge command from the Edit Menu to permanently delete the message and remove it from the store. "Dean" <Dean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E511D7F2-6C47-4610-A4DA-11EE65E77044@microsoft.com... > I've recently began usi...