how to undo a saved file

Does anybody know how to undo a save. I accidently saved
something by the same name and now everything is gone.
PLEASE help!!!
0
Rajesh6582 (40)

Unfortunately, you'll have to go back to a prior saved version.  I'm sure
this has happened to all of us at one time or another.  My condolescenses.

"Rajesh" <Rajesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anybody know how to undo a save. I accidently saved
> something by the same name and now everything is gone.
> PLEASE help!!!

0
jeffstv (21)

file format needs to be changed
I have an excel file which comprises of a template for Identity card with a jpg file embedded in it. I would like to save this file in a jpeg format so as to get a photo printout of the same. How is this possible? If you scan the document, that would put the file into an image format. Then you could convert the file to whatever image file format you wanted. Just a thought... Highlight the area you want printed then hold SHIFT key and select Edit>Copy Picture. Open your favorite graphics editor or MS Paint and paste to there. Save as *.jpg Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 14 Jun 200...

Undo save?
Hello people! I have a user who inadvertently saved his workbook after deleting a worksheet. I was wondering if there was a way to restore his file to the previous version when he last saved his file. I know there exists the backup copy function, but I am still curious to know if there is a way to backup in the file modification history after a save. (and a bad modification). Thanks! Louisp -- louisp ------------------------------------------------------------------------ louisp's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25880 View this thread: htt...

Deleting Personal Files
I have installed fromt he origninal CD all the software on a new laptop and then transfered the data files. Everythign went fine. Outlook comes with a defalut folder called Personal Files. I would like to remove it since I do not use in and it is completly void of any data. However, I see no way to delete it. Additionally, if I try to close it, I get an error "This operation failed, object could not be found". I have looked at MS support, and they talk of such things as uninstalling and reinstalling outlook, which if that is the only answer, it doesn't borhter me that ...

Stop Excel from converting text labels in CSV files to Values
I have a rather frustrating problem. We have a macro that extracts plant codes from a list and creates a csv file of these codes. Many of these codes have leading zeros, (ie. 0075, 0100, etc.) When this csv file is opened in Excel, it converts the labels to values (ie. 75, 100, etc.). I have opened the csv file in a text editor, and it shows the correct label - with leading zeros. Is there a way to get Excel to open this file without converting the text field to values? Rename the file to extension *.txt, then the text import wizard will popup when you open it, click next twice and sel...

Save As box open automaticly
When opening an email the save as box opens automaticly and cannot be cancelled or alt-tabbed from. Has anyone else experienced this problem? ...

copy column to another file
Hi I have many file with six worksheet titeled: typeone-bob to typesix-bob. I need to a macro, when run it on any worksheet, copy column "I" of any worksheet to another file (box.xls) and set to column "I" to ..... respectively. any help will be greatly appreciated. climate ...

Can't open an embedded .zip file
I have one computer in my area that has problems opening our PowerPOint presentations. It will open the presentation, but when we try to open the ..zip file that is embedded in the last slide, PowerPoint locks up and crashes. This happens with all files we try on this computer, and every other computer can open these files and the embedded .zip just fine. Anybody have any idea what could be causing this? (MS Office 2007, Windows XP) Thanks! =?Utf-8?B?Q3J5cHRvY2hpY2s=?= <Cryptochick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:23F57A6E-F9E0-45B6-AED1-B8F0B27DBA7F@mic...

saving file names
I try to save my excel file, but when I hit save, it converts the name to one letter. Example: I type in: San Francisco; it converts it to S and then saves it as S. Help! Compatibility mode is a Windows XP option: To take the program out of compatibility mode: Click Start, and then click All Programs. Point to Accessories, and then click Program Compatibility Wizard. In the wizard, click Next. Click I want to choose from a list of programs, and then click Next. Click to select the program that you were attempting to use, and then click Next. Under Select a compatibility mode for the ...

E2K Log files not flushing
I have three E2K servers that the transaction log files are not deleting after a full backup. We use Backupexec 9.1 but I have also tried using NTBACKUP, both unsucessful. These servers were recently patched with the Exchange Roll up - KB870540. I have two E2K servers that are clearing the log files but the do not have the roll up installed and are running BackupExec 8.6. Anyone any ideas? CJ. Have you made sure that a) you are backing up the entire Storage Group? and b) none of the mailbox stores are dismounted? Either of the above scenarios will cause the log files to not be purged. ...

How can I copy pages between two Publisher files?
I have a fairly large Publisher file (200+) pages. As this document is being developed I want to send new/edited pages to others for proofing. I cancopy the file then delete everything I don't want to send, but that is pretty tedious. Also, I would like to insert/replace pages from the proofreaders into mymain document without having to move an object at a time. TIA cvholme <cvholme@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I have a fairly large Publisher file (200+) pages. As this document > is being developed I want to send new/edited pages to o...

Trouble with network time after Daylight Savings Time
I have a Windows 2000 domain with 2 DC's. The PDC was rebuilt in December 2009 after our main PDC went down. Before the daylight savings time change last week, all was well. When we came back to work this week all the client computers and member servers were off by 1 hour. The second DC is also off by 1 hour. I realized I had forgotten to update the new DC with the 2007 patch, so I did that. This is the only computer besides 2 other servers that are on time. Does anybody have any suggestions? Thanks, Jeff Sollars -- jsollars -----------------------------------...

renaming files
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel in word I could rename a file from the open menu so long as the file was not launched. what is the most efficient way to rename a file in word for mac? mtevans14@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: > Intel in word I could rename a file from the open menu so long as the > file was not launched. what is the most efficient way to rename a file > in word for mac? Hi, Windows OS lets you change names in File Open dialog boxes. MacO...

Undo Posting to AP
Is there a procedure to undo a posting to AP. If not how can I revers the charge? About the only thing you can do is pull up the AP transaction and void it. It'll reverse out the GL entry it creates for you. "Vic Abrahamian" <VicAbrahamian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:68D153CA-C8A9-4827-BDA2-EF43BE417ED8@microsoft.com... > Is there a procedure to undo a posting to AP. If not how can I revers the > charge? > ...

Password Protect Project Files
Is it possible to password protect local .mpp files in Project '07? I know this functionality is possible in other MS Office applications, but I cannot find that option in Project Pro '07. Does anyone know if it is included in Project 2010? Check File > Save As > Tools > General Options This won't work if you save to the server, but only for local .mpp files. I presume it's the same in 2010. - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > Is it possible to password protect local .mpp files in Project '07? I > know this ...

Undo a catlogue merge?
I am making a booklet and was playing with the catalogue merge thing. I've decided not to do what i need to do that way but now whenever I open that file it keeps asking me about merging that file. How do i make it stop doing that? It took me a long time to get the master pages set up the way I want them and get some of the stuff placed right. Can somebody help this noobie? Annie Open your document, tell it to open without the data source. Tools - Mail and Catalog Merge - Cancel Merge. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Annie" <Annie@discussions.microsof...

Saving a filter?
I am sorting a large spreadsheet. I have filtered down to my chosen rows, now I want to save this as a separate sheet! Press CTRL + A Right-click > Copy Click on a new sheet Right-click on A1 > Paste -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "rik84" <rik84@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B03A1D87-0215-4E3F-B5C7-23B6D70CFE92@microsoft.com... > I am sorting a large spreadsheet. I have filtered down to my chosen rows, now > I want to save this as a separate sheet! Or use (in a stand...

Not recognizing ppt files
My PowerPoint 2003 version has suddenly stopped recognizing certain ppt files (also written in 2003). Upon trying to open them, I am told it cannot read the outline because there is no text converter available. Any ideas about what has happened? rshock wrote: > My PowerPoint 2003 version has suddenly stopped recognizing certain ppt files > (also written in 2003). Upon trying to open them, I am told it cannot read > the outline because there is no text converter available. Any ideas about > what has happened? What did google say? (You did pop the error message i...

Open files with same name?
I have multiple files that have the same name and I would like to open them with Excel at the same time so I can compare all information. The problem is, Excel 2007 won't let me open a file with the same name if another file of the same name is already open. How can I open multiple files simultaneously that have the same name?? you have to open 2 instances of excel. -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Robert Crandal" <nobody@gmail.com> wrote in message news:L0ran.14358$4p5.8974@newsfe22.iad... >I have multiple files that have the same name and...

Lost my original spreadsheet by saving over it with the same name
Is it possible to get back to the original spreadsheet after accidentall save someting over it with the same name? HELP! Not unless you have a backup somewhere. There are three rules for safeguarding files; 1. Backup 2. Backup 3. Same as 2&3 -- Ken Russell kenrussellyourhat@optushome.com.au Remove yourhat to reply by e-mail .. "dough office manager" <dough office manager@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BEB91A8A-7735-4596-8C3A-2C415C2BBBCE@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to get back to the original spreadsheet after accidentall > save > s...

How to extend the 2 GB size limit of PST file in 2003?
I have Outlook 2003. I did not upgrade from 2000, but I was formerly using 2000 when I copied my PST file over to this computer that has 2003. My PST file approached 2 GB yesterday and I won't have time to do more archiving of old mail for another couple weeks. I am getting the error: --------------------------- Outlook.pst has reached its maximum size. .. You could also consider using the new Outlook Personal Folders file (.pst) introduced with Outlook 2003 that provides greater capacity for storing items and folders. --------------------------- Now I am very confused because ...

Outlook stopped saving sent items yet is still set to save. Help?
Outlook 2003 All good and then sent items aren't being saved when sent. No change to email option settings and still set to save on sending mail to sent items. Reselected options and tried again but no use. Not saving mail when sending. Very annoying! Please help? What type of email account? Are you looking in the correct folder? Do you have the option enabled to save items with the original, when they aren't in the inbox? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ ...

Problem setting default folders to save in Publisher
I work on a networked system running XP; I'm still on NT2000. Recently we upgraded to Office 2003. Since then, even though Tools--Options indicates my work should save by default to my network folder, all saves go to a quirky folder atProgram Files--Microsoft Office--Office11. Nothing on this local drive gets backed up. Has anyone had success in getting this bug worked out so that saves go to the folders designated in the Tools--Options task pane? ...

Save data as it is enerted.
How can I get my form to store data that I enter in a field, so that next time as I start to type the same data it populate the rest of the data. For example, if I enter a company name "My Company" the first time, the next time as I start typing "My..." it should populate all company names that begins with those letters and have been entered before. Possible?? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Forms don't store data, tables do. If you want a way, on a form, to see a list of the company names that match what you are typing in, take a look at how th...

how can undo my preset first line indent on just the first paragra
how can undo my preset first line indent on just the first paragraph. i need to have all subsequent paras indented. in my previous version of word when i set this in 'special' indent, i could easily undo that on any paragraph by using backspace. i am using word 2007. Open your normal.dotx template from within Word (using the Open command in the Office button), select the paragraph mark in the otherwise blank typing area (Show Non-Printing Characters: Ctrl- Shift-8), and apply the style Normal. Save the template. The next time you make a new document, the cursor will be at...

cannot edit and save #2
hi, i am using excel 2000. i cannot edit and save a existing file. the file is not protected,not read only and not shared. when i open the file, a Microsoft excel window appear saying "File is locked. In order to save changes to the file, you can either close the file before making any changes and then re-open it, use Save As (File menu) to save the file using another filename, or turn off Shared Workbooks and then save the file." i try to clear the checkbox on the format cells>protection>Locked but still when i click save a window appear saying "Document not saved" ...