How to transfer equations from Excel 1997 to Excel 2003

I have 1997 version and want to change all my spreadsheets, including
equations I have created over to version 2003 is this possible? I f so how do
I do it?
Thank you so much for your immediate attention to this question
0
jp (62)

You should be able to open your xl97 workbooks in xl2003 with no extra work at
all.

--

Dave Peterson
0

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> You should be able to open your xl97 workbooks in xl2003 with no extra work at
> all.
>
> JP wrote:
> >
> > I have 1997 version and want to change all my spreadsheets, including
> > equations I have created over to version 2003 is this possible? I f so how do
> > I do it?
> > Thank you so much for your immediate attention to this question
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
jp (62)

Accessing Excel API without installing Excel
Can I access MS Excel APIs and Excel Object model without installing MS Excel on the target machine? Any information will be helpful. ...

Excel Lists Dependencies
Hi All, i have a problem to solve: I want users to be able to pick a project from a list (no problem) and then i want excel to pick the project number according to the project name automatically from a list. To make my problem clear let's say a user picks Project A from a drop down list in cell A1, then I want excel to display the correct project number in cell B1 automatically. Not all employees know projects by name in our company hence this idea. The best would be to store the project number in a list similar to a list used for drop down menus. The projects change and so do the projec...

about transfer order

Address Lists Exchange 2003
Hi - I've created new address lists under "All Global Address Lists" using LDAP queries in Exchange System Manager for an Exchange 2003 server. We are a school district and i would like staff to have see just a staff address list when they open their address book in Outlook. I dont want them to see the students by default. How can i assign an address list to a group? Thanks, Jason this will tell you how to restrict access: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;319213 <jpeckis@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1126045025.515162.323620@g14g2000cwa.goo...

deleting phrases in Excel and/or Word
My question is for beginners but I am working with spreadsheets and documents which contains a lot of the same words I want to delete. Can anyone please tell me how I can do this? THANK YOU BEFOREHAND FOR YOUR HELP! Here's one quick play using SUBSTITUTE for progressive deletion .. Assume text data is running in A1 down Enter the exact words/phrases (case sensitive) you want deleted in say K1 down. Eg assuming you have 3 words to delete: in K1: the, in K2: Oops, in K3: milk Then place in B1: =TRIM(SUBSTITUTE(A1,INDEX($K:$K,COLUMN(A1)),"")) Copy B1 across by 3* cols to ...

Transfering messages

Excel hyperlink to another Excel file
I created a hyperlink in A Excel file to B Excel file. It referenced a bookmark in B. It worked when I tried it before I closed it and it worked. When I opened A again and clicked the hyperlink, it said "The address of the site is not valid...Check the address and try again." My guess would be that you need to open B Excel file, too Carole O "Frustrated Engineer" wrote: > I created a hyperlink in A Excel file to B Excel file. It referenced a > bookmark in B. It worked when I tried it before I closed it and it worked. > When I opened A again and cli...

Send Excel 2002 spreadsheet to MacIntosh Excel 2004
How do I save my Excel 2002 spreadsheet so that someone with MacIntosh Excel 2004 can read it properly? ...

Excel 2007
Hello, Whenever I add a chart to a worksheet (in Excel 2007), the number of columns in that worksheet extend till column XFD - more than 16,000 column even if I use only 4... Is there a way to fix this? Thanks! Regardless of the number of rows/columns used XL2007 has 1,048,576 rows by 16,384 columns. It has nothing to do with having or not having a chart. However, the size of the file depends on how many cell have entries. There is not way to change the number of rows or column but you can hide some. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email &...

Excel Graphing With Widely Divergent Values
I searched but couldn't find anythign about this problem. Here's the basic premise: I've got two dollar variables I want to graph over time. The first variable is in the $10 range over the period. The second variable is in the $100,000 range. How can I adjust/concatenate/whatever the scale so that I can meaningfully display the two variables on one graph? Right now, I end up with two straight lines separated by acres of blank space. Thanks! Select the custom chart type, "Line - Column on 2 Axes". I'd already done that, but had hoped there was a way to adjust...

E-mail Excel Attachments to People Who do not have Excel
I want to send a short Excel table in an e-mail to allow for recipents to input their basic contact information and hit reply with the updated table. The table will be 2 rows (1 row will be a header) and about 8 columns. Alot of these e-mail recipients do not have Excel, and some have no MS Office products at all. I want an easy way to collect basic contact information from people and import it into a large Excel spreadsheet for a club I am doing work for. Our club does not have the money or knowledge to setup a input database on a web site to collect such information. How can ...

HR Position Transfers

How do I recover an excel TMP file?
I am trying to recover an excel file that was deleted. I have not been able to undelete the original file. I have; however, been able to undelete a few temporary files that were generated when I was using the original file. The original file was "Orders.xls" and the file I have are in the format: Orders.xls~RF1e49561.TMP Orders.xls~RF1fd65d5.TMP Orders.xls~RF180a693.TMP Orders.xls~RFccab43.TMP Is there any way to recover my file from one of these files? Their sizes are consistent to the original file. Why not open each one and see? I assume you have checked in the Recycle Bi...

Excel 2000 vs Excel 2002
Is anyone having trouble opening Excel 2000 files with Excel 2002? We cannot open some files that have conditional formatting in the sheets. Even if we remove the formatting we still cannot open. We are having a lot of formatting issues between 2000 and 2002. Anyone else having these problems? >>Anyone else having these problems? I never have. I'd be interested in seeing a file that had this problem, if you'd care to send one to me. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP ...

Excel to PDG Format Error
Hi, I am used to using Excel 2007 to convert my workbooks into PDF's. However, recently, all of a sudden, everytime I PDF a workbook my Formating and graphs are all wrong. I have noticed that this only happens when I do multiple sheets, but the problem with doing individual ones is that I can't combine them with reader. Try Dr. Dan's All-Purpose Excel-PDF Cure: Select all worksheets by <ctrl> or <shift> clicking from the menu bar: File > Page Setup click into the Page Quality box, and select 600dpi, if it already says 600dpi, select it again. ...

Windows Easy Transfer

Print Excel file to PDF
Hi, Is there a VBA code, or a program whereby I can print an Excel file to a PDF? (Maybe an add-in?) I'd like to do it directly from Excel similarly to the way Word Perfect has that option in the file menu if possible, but anything will be a help. (I'm using Office 2000) Rob Rob You could purchase Adobe Acrobat. An alternative to buying Adobe Acrobat.... I have had success with the free file downloads and instructions for use here at Dale Nurden's site. http://www.rcis.co.za/dale/info/pdfguide.htm Saves first to single *.ps file which is then converted to *.pdf Return...

Install only 5.5 admin tools in 2003 Server
How can i install administration tools of exc5.5 in 2003 Server platform? There is not need of server files installation. I put the cd but it don't let me install anything from the autorun menu. It shows me "Exchange 5.5 is not compatible with W2003". Is there any way to install them not from autorun menu? executing some setup.exe or so? or downloading them from any place? Thanks for your support in advance. On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 02:41:04 -0800, "ItoA" <ItoA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can i install administration tools of exc5.5 in 2003 Serve...

Automatic sorting in Excel #2
Your technique works a treat when I insert the code; however, when I save the file and reload it (after having saved it as a Macro-enabled Worksheet in 2007), the code does not seem to work. Am I doing something wrong? Regards, Anand EggHeadCafe - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com Did you enable macros when you opened the workbook? One more thing--your post is a standalone post. I'm not sure any reader will understand what code you're writing about. In this case, it's not important, though. Anand, Dhuru wrote: > > Your technique works a tr...

Simple Template excel for Books
I need free Excel Template for my list of reading Books, Thanks "=?Utf-8?B?c2FtLWM=?=" <samc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:8084980B-1561-4FD2-8EDD-1ED87A945CA7@microsoft.com: > I need free Excel Template for my list of reading Books, Thanks > Have a look here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT011356681033.aspx -- It is I, DeauDeau (Free after monsieur Leclerc in 'Allo, 'allo) ...

Access an excel file through FTP without write protection
Hi experts I placed a question yesterday - approximately 28 hours ago - nobody have reacted on it - please tell me if you don't understand my question because my English is to bad. thanks jj ...

Transferring an order to an invoice...

A Word Macro to VLookup a Range in Excel
Hi, With a combination of VLOOKUP and MATCH formulas in Excel I'm able to grab a cell's value from a multi-row, multi-column range. But I can do this only from within Excel. The formulas look like these: =IF($H$4="",0,VLOOKUP($H$4,$A$1:$E$50,MATCH(IF($I$4="","REG",$I$4),$A$1:$E$1,0),0)*IF($J$4="","1",$J$4)) and =IF(H4="",0,(VLOOKUP(H4,$A$1:$E$50,MATCH("REG",$A$1:$E$1,0),0)-VLOOKUP(H4,$A$1:$E$50,MATCH(IF(I4="","REG",I4),$A$1:$E$1,0),0))*IF(J4="","1",J4...

excel formulas #2
Can someone help me with how to create a formula that looks at one cell and based upon the number in that cell (if statement) then gives me another number? example: If cell c4 contains the number 1; then how can I have cell a8 look at cell c4 and give me the number 1 (other than a link) / then have cell a9 look at cell c4 if it contains the number 2 to then give me the number 2.................... I need a formula to look at a cell that will contain a number from 1 to 5 or above and then accoridingly give me a coresponding number to reflect if that number is 1,2,3,4 or 5. Each cel...

DST update for Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003
I am seeing a lot of confusion and am trying to provide our Exchange Admin and Help Desk Staff with some guidance. I would like to confirm the following order for the DST updates. 1. The Windows 2003 OS on the Exchange Server has already been updated. All of our Outlook users on on Outlook 2003. 2. We need to run the update against the mailboxes as relying on our users to do so would be fiasco in the making. Does the Windows XP SP2 instance on each workstation need updated before we run the update against the mailboxes? 3. We have a group of people whom only use Outlook Web Access ...