How to Tab over to a specific cell... not the adjacent one?

In order to make a form more user friendly, I would like
to allow the user to use the "Tab" key to jump from one
input field to another (unlike moving to the adjacent
cell).

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Regards,
SK

Lock all cells> unlock desired cells>lock worksheet>test

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"SK" <sk_nj_junk@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> In order to make a form more user friendly, I would like
> to allow the user to use the "Tab" key to jump from one
> input field to another (unlike moving to the adjacent
> cell).
>
> Is this possible?
>
> Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
>
> Regards,
> SK

0
Don
4/26/2004 7:16:25 PM
When using the "protect worksheet - lock cell" procedure to control focus
movement, *that* movement is restricted to following the normal <tab> route,
which is left to right.

One way to explicitly control the exact "next cell of focus" selection, is
to select the cells in the desired order of travel, and then preserve this
ordered movement by creating a named range.

This old post describes the steps that can be taken to create such a "named
range".

http://tinyurl.com/39vzv

--

HTH,

RD

"Don Guillett" <donaldb@281.com> wrote in message
Lock all cells> unlock desired cells>lock worksheet>test

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
donaldb@281.com
"SK" <sk_nj_junk@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> In order to make a form more user friendly, I would like
> to allow the user to use the "Tab" key to jump from one
> input field to another (unlike moving to the adjacent
> cell).
>
> Is this possible?
>
> Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
>
> Regards,
> SK

0
ragdyer1 (4060)

Tab Order in a Contact Form
I created a custom form, adding both buit-in fields and custom fields to the General page. However, when I go to Layout/Tab Order, only the built-in fields that exist on the built-in Contact form show up in the list. Is there any way for me to get the other built-in and custom fields to show up in the Tab Order list? Thanks, Shannon All controls (note: not fields) should appear in the tab order, but if you put some inside a frame, that frame will have its own tab order. Select the frame, then invoked the Tab Order dialog. FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for Outlook forms issues...

Password Protecting Cells
Can you protect different cells in a workbook with different passwords? For example, we have different departments that complete particular sections of a spreadsheet and we would like to be able to password protect each departments section with a different password. Thanks, Bernie J. Gord Dibben has some code here that can be modified: http://www.eggheadcafe.com/conversation.aspx?messageid=32445330&threadid=32445325 Where Gord unlocks columns, you might unlock ranges. Example: Case Is = "Steve": Range("A3:B30").Cells.Locked = False Note that that Gord did not...

Exchange tasks tab on domain controllers
When we were running Exchange 2K, I could add a mailbox from any domain controller, but can't now that we've migrated to Exchange 2K3. Was this a function of connection agreements in Exchange 2K/5.5? Is there any way to re-enable this functionality? Thx. Phil: Thanks much. Is it my imagination, or are details like that hard to find? P >-----Original Message----- >On the domain controllers that are not running Exchange run the Exchange 2003 CD install on them. Install the management tools option. This will enable the tabs in AD on that domain controller. And, yes, ...

Combine tabs from multiple workbooks into one
I was given twelve workbooks (one for each month). Each workbook has one tab. What is the fastest way to combine the twelve workbooks (thus the twelve tabs) into a single workbook? I can open each workbook and move each tab individually, I just thought there might be a more efficient way. Any ideas? Thanks for your help. Hi Alayna See http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Alayna" <Alayna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DCBB3B63-84D1-48BD-86D3-7F1D72E99C1C@microsoft.com... >I was given twelve workbooks...

How do i total a specific sum, using the filter?
on my spreadsheet i have several entries from various companies. I am using a filter to isolate certain companies and their amounts at any given time. How can I sum total only the amounts selected? thank you Use SUBTOTAL HTH -- AP "auntwanette" <auntwanette@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news: EE1F8FAF-E70E-450E-AE84-8BCA12538192@microsoft.com... > on my spreadsheet i have several entries from various companies. I am > using a > filter to isolate certain companies and their amounts at any given time. > How > can I sum total only the...

Need help with cell defined in Macro
I downloaded SMS 2003 Capacity Planner spread sheet that requires Macro to be enabled. The first time when I ran the Build topology macro, I was able to enter a value of 0 in a field. When I re-ran the the Buid topology macro again, it does not allow me to enter 0. How can I modify this field? ...

How do I get an automatic reminder with a certain cell value?
Is there a way to receive a pop-up comment or text box when a certain thing is typed into a cell? For example, each time I type "new instrument", I want a reminder to pop-up like a comment would that says "Call Property Accounting". Is there a function like this in Excel? If you have a list of terms, maybe you can use an adjacent helper cell and use a nice =vlookup() formula to show your message. Debra Dalgleish has some instructions at: http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html Aubri wrote: > > Is there a way to receive a pop-up comment or text box when a ...

Icons change on IE tabs when using tabbed browsing
I've recently begun experiencing issues with the icons assigned to a site being changed on the tabs during tabbed browsing. For example, when clicking on NOAA on my favorites bar to look at weather from the NOAA site, I began getting the Wells Fargo icon on those tabs. The icon is still okay on my favorites bar, but now consistently shows the WF icon on tabs. I tried reassigning a new icon to NOAA, and it seemed okay for a while, but now I'm back to getting WF icons on NOAA tabs. This morning I had a lot of tabs open and suddenly my Fidelity icon was replaced by the Y...

How to replace one dll with a transparent one.
Hi, We have just received some new hardware which shall be replacement parts for old software. The new HW range are CAN-network units that are no longer ISA cards, but instead are external units on the network). We interface the HW using dlls provided by the HW supplier. The drivers are compatible with the ones used with old HW. The problem is that the new drivers return new error values which the old software does not recognize. For example loss of contact on the network. I have the .h file, .lib file and .dll file. First of all: Is there a way to solve this without upgrading my software...

Email Tracking Tab
A gentleman I work with has his setup so he can go into his Sent Items and look at the tracking tabs on the messages. He's had this setup and working for some time now, but recently this is no longer working. He has delivery and read receipts requested for anything he sends. I can't find any logical reason why he does not have the tracking tab anymore. I thought maybe it only applied to messages sent to multiple recipients, but I sent test messages and it didn't make any difference. Did he already process the returned Exchange receipts? When they are marked as read and ...

Formulas in a cell
Hi, new the the forum.... :) I needed some help regarding formulas and text in one cell. What i'm trying to do is develop a simple formula to calculate a simple number. The formula i have is: =(R3*12)-((R3*12)*0.1) But the problem (or myabe not a problem :( ) is that i need it to show as such: $103.57;1;NO;Case Price Is it possible to have a formula and text in the same cell, if so, how? :confused: Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Saurabh -- sabrol ------------------------------------------------------------------------ sabrol's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/mem...

protecting specific parts of my worksheet.
I made an attendance worksheet that has the first three columms tthat need protection and the columns with formulas in that need protection but the rest of the areas need to be available to add information. how do I lock or protect just what I want protected and allow the other useres to do there thing. Needing your assistance thankfully 1. unprotect the sheet 2. unlock all cells 3. select the cells or rows or columns to be locked 4. Format > Cells... > Protection > Locked 5. protect the sheet -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200731 "Yaka" wrote: > I made a...

Split cell by numer
Hello, Below are a couple of cells which I want to split: CEL ewf ewf wef 5 wef 6 wfwef 23 In this way I want to split them, so space is not an option. CEL 1[/B] EWF EWF WEF WEF WFWEF [B]CEL 5 6 23 Who know a function for this? Thank you -- gielwij ----------------------------------------------------------------------- gielwijg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2746 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46978 Hi, Asuming the string is in [A1], try these formulae: to get ...

Outlook 2003 Adding several Emails to Block Sender list at One Tim
I just upgraded to Windows 2003 SP 2. In the older version of Outlook, I could highlight several emails and add them to the junk senders list by selecting: Action/Junk Email/Ad to junk senders list With 2003, the option to “Add Sender to blocked senders list” is grayed out and I am not able to select it. What can I do to be able to use this? It is available when I select an individual email. ...

Vlookup cells in combination of two columns (both in the lookup value AND table array)
I am trying to match information in multiple columns (lookup value) to the same multiple columns in the table array. If the combinations don't match then I'd like the return to be #N/A. I think an example can better clarify what I'm trying to accomplish because I haven't a clue whether I can do it... On the lookup worksheet I have... A1 B1 12345 Closeout 12345 First Fill 22233 First Fill 22233 Closeout On table array worksheet I only have one entry. A1 B1 12345 Closeout 22233 F...

Column/Cell format for Vlookup
I have a lookup formula that worked intermittently =vlookup(K4,'WBS!$A2:$G$330,6,0) Here is the problem: If I change the lookup value (say from 411120 to 431130), I get an NA although the numbers are there. If I go to the lookup sheet and copy and paste the value into my worksheet, it worked. Puzzling??? After making sure that the formats were the same -- I got the same result On the advice of a friend, I used Data, Text to Columns... and noticed that the setting was set to General. When I set the setting to Text everthing worked. Why? Why does Format, Cells, Text NOT work and D...

refer a cell text in b1 and extract remaing text from a1
I got text in a1 like "Hydro carbon resin Petrolac 120" and in b1 like "Petrolac 120". Now I need in c1 as "Hydro carbon resin". A formula needed to extract the list in a with reference to list in b in c column. Hi In C1 =SUBSTITUTE(A1,B1,"") -- Regards Roger Govier Narnimar wrote: > I got text in a1 like "Hydro carbon resin Petrolac 120" and in b1 like > "Petrolac 120". Now I need in c1 as "Hydro carbon resin". A formula needed to > extract the list in a with reference to list in b in c colum...

In-cell formula/function to determine the color of a cell?
Hi all, I've been given a sheet with some rows black, and others red. I'd like to put a 1 or a 0 in a column depending on which color the adjacent cell is. Is there an in-cell formula that will do this? TIA, cdj look at ASAPUtilities for functions using cell formats Eric "sherifffruitfly" <sherifffruitfly@gmail.com> wrote in message news:f054cc1b-8a13-4ddd-8aeb-4a878bf52062@k1g2000prb.googlegroups.com... > Hi all, > > I've been given a sheet with some rows black, and others red. I'd like > to put a 1 or a 0 in a column depending on which colo...

Tab order after using pop up calendar on date field
After selecting a value in a date field by using the pop up calendar, the tab order on the screen sometimes goes to the first dollar sign ($) on the screen and tabs through each dollar sign until the last one is reached and then starts tabbing through the fields starting with the first one instead of just tabbing to the next field. This happens if the cursor was in a text or number field and the value in the field was not selected (highlighted) when the calendar button was pushed. If the date was typed in to the date field (as apposed to selected using the pop up calendar) then the su...

tab not tabbing to next cell
Tab button is moving to next page, not next cell. Is there a setting for this somewhere ? Lynn, It's trying to act like Lotus 123. Tools - Options - Transition - Transition navigation keys. Turn it off. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "lynn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:231f01c3a92f$c1d56290$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Tab button is moving to next page, not next cell. Is there > a setting for this somewhere ? Perfect. Thanks ! >-----Original Message----- ...

tab order #8
can you specify a tab order in excel? for example. can I specify the folowwing tab order: b1 b2 b3 b4 b10 b11 b12 and ofcourse how? gracias -- daolb ------------------------------------------------------------------------ daolb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24478 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=382504 Take a look at http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0008.html -- HTH Bob Phillips "daolb" <daolb.1raiyc_1119884723.3538@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:daolb.1raiy...

Looking up and displaying a icon based on a cell value
How I Looking up and displaying a icon based on a cell value ? Example: icon :-) when cell C5 <=30 icon :-( when cell c5 >30 and where insert the icons ? thanks Marina Write this formula: =IF(C5>30,CHAR(74),CHAR(76)) Then change the font to Wingdings Ola Sandstr�m or maybe you wanted: IF(C5>30,":-(",":-)") -- olasa ------------------------------------------------------------------------ olasa's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=17760 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37865...

Count cells with data
I receive large databases each month. I have been able to format the data using PROPER. Though when I follow the instuctions from "3 formatting shortcuts" it calls for dragging the fill handle to the end of the new column to show all the converted cells. My databases are hundreds of names long! Is there a way to count the cells with text in them in advance - without scrolling down to the bottom - and then put the range into the =PROPER (range of cells with data) command? -- Thank you kindly You are using a second column to convert to Proper? You can Double-Click the Fill...

Tab from one page to the next page in Tab Control
I'm stumped!! How do you get your tabs to go from one page in tab control to the next page? Right now, when I get to the bottom of the page, it tabs back to the top. I am using Access 2003 with Windows XP. I want to be able to tab from one page to the next as I complete my form. Any help is appreciated. -- retired_vol You'll need to use code to set the focus to the first control on the second tab in the LostFocus event of the last control on the first tab: Private Sub Control1_LostFocus() Me.Control2.SetFocus End Sub -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSte...

using excel cells to be inserted into Ms.Word fill-in fileds
Hello, I'm trying to create a macro that would use data from an excel sheet and insert it into microsoft word document that has specific "fill-in Fields" that are scattered through out the document. I tried using record macro while filling in a "fill-in field" however the macro didn't record what I have typed in the prompt window. any help is appreciated Hi Abdul Identify the word table index and the row/column (x,y mentioned in the code) of the cell within the table which is the fill-in field. I am assuming it is the first table so the inde...