How to stop "Undo" across multiple spreadsheets

When I am working between multiple separate worksheets, Undo will work
backwards across all of the worsheets that I have open.  How do I get the
Undo function to work only on the worksheet that I am currently on?

Undo feature in FRx reporter
What is the possibility of incorporating an Undo facility in FRx report writer? At present; row, column and tree formats are amended and if an undo is required the format is exited and then re-entered to remove ALL changes made. What would be perfect would be the undo facility as found in Microsoft Excel. Thanks for the support. -- Clint E ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow thi...

After DDV failed, how undo the Cedit control?
After DDV failed, how undo the Cedit control? when the user input a invalid value, DDV will clear the value, and how can I restore the CEdit to original value? At what time I should call undo or anything else methods? Thanks!! >After DDV failed, how undo the Cedit control? Undo the edit control use CEdit Undo , m_ctrlEdit.Undo(); >when the user input a invalid value, DDV will clear the value, and how can I restore the CEdit to original value? original value means? UpdateData(TRUE); if(m_strEdit == "hai")// user enter invalid string { m_strEdit=" ";...

How to undo customizations
Hi all. We have a couple of customized forms in our own CRM 4.0 setup which are, to put it nicely, really bad <g>. Is there a way to undo customizations per form/entity level? Also, is there a way to undo all customizations in one installation (just checking, instead we turn this even worse before it gets better)? TIA, Antti Kurenniemi Datium Oy If you have done the backup of customization then you can do it per entity level. (web client ..setting ..export customization and choosing entity ). ------ Aamir Blog = http://mscrmsupport.wordpress.com/ Ok thanks. Naturally we h...

test that there is something to undo before executing application.
hi, is there a way to test that there is something to undo before executing an Application.Undo? Thanks, pwrob -- xl help seeker This works ok in xl2003 in my USA/English version: If Application.CommandBars("Standard").Controls("Undo").Enabled = True Then MsgBox "there's something to undo" Else MsgBox "nothing to undo" End If pwrob wrote: > > hi, is there a way to test that there is something to undo before executing > an Application.Undo? > > Thanks, > pwrob > -- &...

Undo after save
How do you undo the last 4 or 5 steps after you have already saved a document? Is there a way to go bacK? Hi if you have no backup -> no chance -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Shari wrote: > How do you undo the last 4 or 5 steps after you have > already saved a document? Is there a way to go bacK? ...

can't change the undo level of CRichEditView to more than 1?
I'm sending the EM_SETUNDOLIMIT message to my rich edit control, but for some reason i can't get it to set a limit of higher than 1. The return value of SendMessage which is the actualy undo limit is always going to be 1 regardless (unless ofcourse i chose 0 as the sendmessage param) any ideas? I dont have much experience with this. Are you using richedit 2.0 or above? If so the default should already be set to 100. The VC++ resource editor insert richedit 1.0 controls, so you have to explitly go into the RC file in an editor and change the class name from RICHEDIT to RichEdit20...

How to undo the way a page has been setup?
I have a file that I created from an e-mail attachment and there are three parts, on the second part there are two pages that should only be one page like the other two, how do I fix this so the second part looks lik the others? Maybe you can use View|Page Break Preview and drag those dotted lines where you want the page breaks to be. (View|Normal will make it look, er, normal.) Display Report wrote: > > I have a file that I created from an e-mail attachment and there are three > parts, on the second part there are two pages that should only be one page > like the other two, ...

How to undo overwrites?
i was typing my data whereby i accidentally overwrite the new file on the existing file name...is there any way to undo that? Does this mean that you saved a new file and overwrote an existing file? If yes, then you'll have to restore the old file from one of your backups. If you didn't keep backups, maybe you're at work and your IT staff makes daily/weekly backups that will help you????? undo overwrites wrote: > > i was typing my data whereby i accidentally overwrite the new file on the > existing file name...is there any way to undo that? -- Dave ...

Undo receipt?
I have a customer who received an item against a PO, but later realized that they didn't receive the item and won't be receiving the item until April. Any suggestions on how to handle this? I don't think we can undo a receipt and I don't think a return makes sense, since we still want to receive the item eventually. Am I going to have to do a return, followed by a new PO (I was hoping to avoid doing it this way)? Thanks for any thoughts! David, Will need to follow correct process as you stated for audit purposes. Mick "David Patrick" wrote...

Undo Macro Action
Hi, I need some help with a code to undo an action. The code I have to do an action is below, this sorts cells into order from smallest to largest based on input of hours. Here is the code: Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) Dim strPrompt As String Dim intbuttons As Integer Dim strTitle As String If Target.Address = Range("K2").Address Then strPrompt = "Do you want Put Staff into OT Order?" intbuttons = vbYesNo + vbInformation strTitle = "Galashiels Operational Resources © MN " ...

Can I limit undo store.
WORD 2003 I have an application that creates a WORD document by pasting into WORD. I think the undo store is depleting available memory (many thousand items). Can I turn off or limit the items kept for undo? You can't turn it off. At various points in your macro, you can call the method ActiveDocument.UndoClear to empty the list. Unless your computer is seriously memory-poor, though, this probably won't help much. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so ...

Undo past save in Office 2003?
Is there a way to turn on undo past save. I have to save all the time because of loosing way too many windows to the winBeast. However, this currently kills my undo history which can be bad sometimes. BTW - Open office does support this :] JsD Hi no -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Java script Dude" <despam2004@yahoo.ca> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:860edb80.0409241024.1a8a7f41@posting.google.com... > Is there a way to turn on undo past save. > > I have to save all the time because of loosing way too many windows to > the winBeast. However, this curre...

Undoing Bank Reconciliation
Hello: I know that you cannot undo a Bank Rec once it is done for a period. Also, TK says that all you can do is enter the new Bank Statement Ending Balance and reconcile that one "new" item that needs reconciling for that period. So, is there any sort of third party tool out there that will allow this feat to be accomplished? At a minimum, if the Bank Rec cannot be undone, it would be nice if you could view the impact of the new transaction for that period against that period's Bank Rec that has already been conducted. Thanks! childofthe1980s ...

undo F11 key
I hit F11 and changed my data into charts, can I undo this??? Can't you delete the chart sheet which is created? The data still resides in its place in the original worksheet. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions - http://PeltierTech.com/ 2006 Excel User Conference, 19-21 April, Atlantic City, NJ http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ExcelUserConf06.html _______ "Kerry" <Kerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EB708008-3435-456A-A661-EE2D6A3499F8@microsoft.com... >I hit F11 and changed my d...

Excel should not delete the undo list after saving.
One of the main features of the original office suites was their similarity--All use similar toolbars, many of the same shortcut commands, similar look & feel, etc. So why does the undo list get lost after saving a project? Hi this is just the way it works in Excel :-) If you want to make a suggestion to change this behaviour you may contact MS directly: mswish@microsoft.com -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Dave Pettit" <Dave Pettit@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:7B2E7405-EEB2-4A57-B920-CDD1AFFFFEF8@microsoft.com... > One of the m...

undoing conditional formatting
Hello and great day today. I use conditional formatting to find an error(s) in many rows and columns when my grand totals aren't matching both down and across. I might have 15 columns and 45 rows with data and currency listed. I must make sure each row across matches to a grand total and same down with the columns. The conditional formatting is great for high-liting discrepancies But it also highlites rows that are not really errors when put together with another row. So I fix the row with an actual error but how do I get rid of the highlite on the rows which are not really errors. I can...

Why undo command does not undo deleted worksheet?
Why MS Excel2007 undo command does not undo deleted worksheet? No Excel version will do that. -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Sults" <eesnimi.perenimi@mail.ee> wrote in message news:0975315C-F21E-4B7D-96B6-6AB74A3EC281@microsoft.com... > Why MS Excel2007 undo command does not undo deleted worksheet? AFAIK no version of Excel will undo a deleted sheet. The warning message is quite explicit when deleting a sheet. "Data will be lost" If you have deleted a sheet, close the workbook without saving. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 10:40:01 -07...

undo in open in new window
How do you undo a page from opening in a new window? Thanks in advance!! Richard presented the following explanation : > How do you undo a page from opening in a new window? Thanks in advance!! Examine the anchor tag associated with it. Or, if as I'm suspecting, you're not comfortable with HTML, right click on the link and pop the Hyperlink dialog, then reset the target option as desired. -- ..NET: It's About Trust! http://vfred.mvps.org I have been changing my web pages to eliminate target= because it is not valid in Strict HTML 4.01. The normal acti...

can't "undo" to original document
I accidentally hit Ctrl S and saved a document. Unfortunately, I meant to do a Save As, instead. Is there anyway to recover my original document? I haven't closed the file, yet. I know in Word you can "undo" multiple actions. Is it possible to do that in Excel, also? If running version 2007, saving does not clear the undo stack so you = should be able to undo your changes. Earlier versions do clear the stack so no reversal is available. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 5 Jun 2010 07:40:06 -0700, lovetoshop1128 <lovetoshop1128@discussions.microsoft.com>...

How to undo then redo the current formats in a macro
I have an excel spread sheet that acts as an invoice. I have created macros that allow me to "white out" information that I don't neccessarily want the customer to see and that works fine - I just change the font to white to match the default "no fill" cell background If, in a macro, I wanted to temporarilty delete the current formats (both regular formats and conditional formats), print the sheet, and then reinstate the prior formats that were deleted - is that possible When I experiment with the macro recorder using the "undo" button, it ends up showing th...

Undo only by single character in Word 2007?
In Word 2007 under Windows 7, I am noticing for the first time a strange behavior. I know in Word 2002 and OSs up through Vista, undo worked on whole words. Now I find in certain files, that undo works only character by character, not whole words. The drop down list for undo shows, for example typing "e." I notice that in opening a new file, undo works as expected. Ditto for other existing files. The current file for which this behavior occurs was sent to me by a prospective author. The main document at issue is a DOCX file, presumably originated in Word 2007 (or...

Cash Flow reset and undo
Hello. Can be Cash Flow Forecast somehow "reseted" of removed lines restored in Money Plus Deluxe? I had problems with it. 1) If I hide/reset specific line in CF, I cannot get it back. I would appreciate undo or some list of transactions manually removed from CF. 2) I moved all transaction in one category to its newly created subcategory. For example from Food to newly created Food:Groceries. It totally confused CF, there was Trended Items Food:All and Food:(another subcategory I have), and didnt respond to any attempts to fix it, like move transactions to new category, delete ...

Fixed Assets Retire & undo Retire Errors
I get the following message when retiring a Fixed Asset: Return Code 16 (End of File) on Script FA_Retire_Asset. and, then, the FA Inquiry shows the Asset Status as Retired. Now, when I go to Retire Undo to retire this asset; I get the following error: Return Code 2 on script FA_Get_Period_Info. Date: 0/0/0000 The error Log displays the following: 2/10/2006 6:37:23 PM FA_Get_Period_Info Return Code 2 on script Calculate_GL_Period Date: 0/0/0000 How do I fix these errors so it would unretire and then retire wothout any errors. Hey Shariq, It is a pleasure to switch roles...

How to make unlimited undo operations for a DIB editing?
Env: VC++6.00 I'm making a DIB editing application. And I need to make undo/redo operations. The current method I am trying is that I use VirtualAlloc(NULL, cx * cy, MEM_COMMIT, PAGE_READWRITE) to backup DIB's colorbit data. My problems are (1)The memory made by VirtualAlloc() may be in memory or on disk. Can I specify it on disk only? As I maybe use large of Storage space, I don't hope OS performance goes down because of using too much memory. (2)Do I have to save whole DIB's colorbit data with each step of editing? (3)What is a reasonable way to make unlimited undo op...

Providing Undo
Hi... I am working on an application(in this we can create objects of about 60 different classes and delete and can modify the behavior of object and finally we can save the file which can be loaded later) presently supporting binary serialization. But in a new requirement I have to provide XML serialization which I have done by using my own methods. But the problem here is that I have to support undo -redo functionality of objects. The existing Undo -redo functionality in this application main logic of which is as follows: A undo stack is created and objects are pushed into the stack w...