How to stop "The file 'XXXX.xls' may have been changed by anothe.

 After an upgrade to Office 2003 when saving an excel file, I keep getting a
file requester "The file 'XXXX.xls' may have been changed by another user
since you last saved it. In that case, what do you want to do?".  How do I
stop it from asking me this and just save the file.
0
SS (61)

Hi
have you shared this file ('Tools - share workbook')?

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"ICC/SS" <ICC/SS@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> After an upgrade to Office 2003 when saving an excel file, I keep
getting a
> file requester "The file 'XXXX.xls' may have been changed by another
user
> since you last saved it. In that case, what do you want to do?".  How
do I
> stop it from asking me this and just save the file.

0
frank.kabel (11126)
11/13/2004 7:12:00 AM
ICC

You're sure you upgraded to 2003, not 2002?

Have a look at this KB Article

"The file may have been changed..." error when you save workbook to network
server in Excel 2002

Myrna Larson also reported that she got this error when opening a workspace
(*.xlw) file.

Opening the workbooks individually solved the problem.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 18:00:02 -0800, ICC/SS <ICC/SS@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

> After an upgrade to Office 2003 when saving an excel file, I keep getting a
>file requester "The file 'XXXX.xls' may have been changed by another user
>since you last saved it. In that case, what do you want to do?".  How do I
>stop it from asking me this and just save the file.

0
Gord
11/13/2004 6:32:59 PM
I have the same problem, using Excel 2003 with SP1 (Version 11.5612.5606)

Please help!!

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

> ICC
>
> You're sure you upgraded to 2003, not 2002?
>
> Have a look at this KB Article
>
> "The file may have been changed..." error when you save workbook to network
> server in Excel 2002

> Myrna Larson also reported that she got this error when opening a workspace
> (*.xlw) file.
>
> Opening the workbooks individually solved the problem.
>
> Gord Dibben Excel MVP
>
> On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 18:00:02 -0800, ICC/SS <ICC/SS@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> > After an upgrade to Office 2003 when saving an excel file, I keep getting a
> >file requester "The file 'XXXX.xls' may have been changed by another user
> >since you last saved it. In that case, what do you want to do?".  How do I
> >stop it from asking me this and just save the file.

0
DAVIS_HK (1)
This article is targeted for Office XP but I found Excel 2003 also responds
to this key.
Maunally add the key into corresponding Office 2003 registry also works but
only for 1, disabling the timestamp checking...

"ICC/SS" wrote:

>  After an upgrade to Office 2003 when saving an excel file, I keep getting a
> file requester "The file 'XXXX.xls' may have been changed by another user
> since you last saved it. In that case, what do you want to do?".  How do I
> stop it from asking me this and just save the file.
0
DAVISHK (1)
11/23/2004 8:15:11 AM
Davis

Thanks for the feedback.  You answered your own earlier question from last
night.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 00:15:11 -0800, "DAVIS_HK"
<DAVISHK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=324491
>This article is targeted for Office XP but I found Excel 2003 also responds
>to this key.
>Maunally add the key into corresponding Office 2003 registry also works but
>only for 1, disabling the timestamp checking...
>
>"ICC/SS" wrote:
>
>>  After an upgrade to Office 2003 when saving an excel file, I keep getting a
>> file requester "The file 'XXXX.xls' may have been changed by another user
>> since you last saved it. In that case, what do you want to do?".  How do I
>> stop it from asking me this and just save the file.

0
Gord

Regarding Reading XML Files in Visual C++6.0 using XMLDOMMethod.
Hi, While reading a 4.2 MB XML File in Visual C++ 6.0 using XMLDOM method, it is taking lot of time. But the same XML File when reading in Visual C# using Visual Studio 2005 is taking lesser time. How this Visual C++ 6.0 reading delay in XML can be avoided. ==========Suresh ...

Excel Files on the Web
Hi, I'm looking at setting up all our excel reporting on my company intranet. We have numerous excel based reports that we currently have on our server that we email out to users. However, we have a diverse user group who reside in many different locations. I'm just looking at any basic advice or software on how this can be achieved. Thanks. ...

csv file
How can I convert all the fields in CSV file to contain double quotation mark at each field? Thanks. Eric, You can use the Text Write Program at www.smokeylake.com. It has an option to put quote marks around all fields. Did you really shoot the sherriff? Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com " -00Eric Clapton" <a@b.com> wrote in message news:emBJfH13FHA.3628@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > How can I convert all the fields in CSV file to contain double quotation > mark at each field? Thanks. > ...

changing the default for line connectors
I'm using the Flowcharting template and cannot figure out how to change the default line color to black and the connector type to straight connector. I can change individual lines once they've been made first by right clicking and changing to straight, and then to format/line/color, but once I create a new line, it automatically goes back to the square connector and blue line. I've even tried the format/line/color before putting in lines, and it still defaults back to blue. Please help! ...

Graphs in Other Files do not Update
Hi, I have a main file with graph (AP.xls) and several sub files with graphs that are linked to the main AP.xls file. The columns of the main file are in months and I often have to add new columns for a new month. I find that if I add new columns using copy => Insert copied cells (the column is inserted to the left of the column being copied), the graph within the AP.xls files is updated with the new column/month. HOWEVER, when i open the other sub files, they aren't updated. HOWEVER, if the sub files are opened together with the main AP.xls file, and I insert the new column, t...

Where is the .ost file ? Outlook 2003
I want to use the inbox repair tool. I did find the scanost and scanpst files in the "1033" folder on my HDD. I wanted to use the scanpst file to scan .ost as you can scan either file, but when I searched for the location --- ending in microsoft\outlook ---- there wa no .ost file. I also scanned my HDD for .ost could not find that extension. And I do run in cached mode. I did use the scanost, but also wanted to use the scanpst tool drill to the location of the .ost file, change the file extension and run. Thanks, Bob Did you check this directory? C:\Doc...

Mapping a CSV file to an Xml Schema
Hi all, I am getting a CSV file like this from our client: "C1","2","12344","Mr","John","Chan","05/07/1976"......... I need to validate **each filed value** against a set of rules ,for instance for "05/07/1976" ,I need to make sure that it's in the right format ,It's not later than today and lots of other rules ,Is there somebody who can help me how to that?Can I map it to some sort of xml schema or something? Thanks for your help. Ali-R "Ali-R" <AliR@microsft.com> wrote in messa...

stops responding

blue stop screen 0x0000007E

recipient policy stopped working

Re: File Not Found #2
"Leslie Coover" <lcc66604@cox.net> wrote in message news:... > > "Leslie Coover" <lcc66604@cox.net> wrote in message news:... >> When I try to copy just a few worksheets from a large workbook >> to a new workbook I get bunches of File Not Found boxes that pop up >> when I try to open the new workbook. How can I stop this? >> >> Les >> Excel 2000 >> > > ...

Changing the Password for the Mail Services Account
Is there an issues with doing this on an exchange 5.5 server. I think not, but figure I would ask first. Thanks, SRG Actually, yes there are issues. In addition to changing the password from within User Manager, you would also need to change the password on all of the Exchange Services in the Services applet (Control Panel, Services) as they run under the context of that user account, and also in Exchange Admin on the properties of the Configuration container, Service Account Password tab. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "SRG" <mlaufer@srg.com> wrote in message news:ae...

Selecting highlighted data from one column and placing them in another column
Hi, I have data in Column A. Some of the rows in Column A are highlighted in yellow. I would like to copy the highlighted data and paste them into Column B. For Example: Column A 2342 1234 2121 5675 2321 Let's assume that 2342 and 2121 are highlighted. So my resullt in Column B will be: 2342 2121 Keep in mind that I have n numbers of data in Column A. Try this Macro: Sub Colour() Dim bCol As Long Dim x As Long bCol = 2 For x = 2 To 1000 'increase as required If Cells(x, 1).Interior.ColorIndex > 0 Then Cells(bCol, 2) = Cells(x, 1).Va...

Unable to load files from alternate startup folder
Windows SBS 2003 Windows XP Office 2003 Dell Optiplex GX260 We are a small CPA firm running, seemingly, identical set-ups on 6 identical workstations. We load a system.xls file from a network folder (R:\Firm\system\excel\xlstart) when Excel starts through the 'At startup, open all files in:' setting in the Options|general tab. We've been loading this file successfully through multiple versions of Excel over the last 5+ years. On two of the workstations, the files in this folder have stopped loading. Additionally, we are unable to create icons to execute any of the macros in the ...

Quicken can't find my 2007 Money file
I recently attempted to install "Q" 2010 but it won't import from my 2007 Money file. It says it can't find it. I tried using their "chat" support but chickened out when the rep wanted me to import Money 2008. My Money file is nearly 20 years old and contains my complete financial history for that time period. I am paranoid about protecting it. Anybody have any thoughts about why "Q" can't find my file? It isn't imperative that I convert now ....or in the future probably.... but I thought I would test the water. If Q can't find i...

Stop all macros
I have a button on a form, which should do different things depending on 1. The data contained within the current record; 2. Whether the current record is a 'new record'; 3. Whether the current record is the first record in the form. On click, an embedded macro is initiated. Each step in the embedded macro has a condition and a corresponding 'RunMacro' action. All the conditions are mutually exclusive, and each sub-macro has a final step of 'StopAllMacros'. So the embedded macro should trigger one, and only one sub-macro. However, it appears that what is act...

How to write A file?
Hi, I want to write a file to a particular webserver.say i have a url http://23.34.45.108/fileupload/ I want to write a file to that loction without using FTP. any clue..? Regards Tony Tony Thomas schrieb: > I want to write a file to a particular webserver.say i have a url > http://23.34.45.108/fileupload/ I want to write a file to that loction > without using FTP. any clue..? DAV Generally, you can assume this is impossible. The only way to write a file to another computer over the Internet is if there is *some* kind of server available for you to co...

"Broken" PST files?
Outlook 2007 / Windows XP / PST formats both Outlook 2002 and Outlook 2003 Problem: I keep getting "Delayed Write Failures" across most of my PST files. Environment: 1) Files are stored on network drive. (company policy) 2) All files are 400MB and less 3) I have 6 PSTs loaded at all times while running Outlook What I've tried. 1) Run ScanPST on each PST. It found errors and was able to repair. However, it becomes "bad" again a couple of hours later. Again, I'm able to run ScanPST and repair the files. 2) Checked with IT support that I have ...

File name change
I am very new with Exel The following works, even though it might not be pretty. But what I want to do is to be able to run this after changing the file name Follow_up.xls to, for example, 1234.xls. The value 1234 is the sum of A3, so I put it in a variable - myFolder1 - How do I enter it into the - Windows("Follow_up.xls").Activate - line, in the place of "Follow_up.xls" Sub List_Req2() Dim myFolder1 As String Range("A3").Select Selection.Copy Range("G3").Select Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:= _ Fal...

copying a whole record from one table to another
have a form that allows users to search a Read Only database. I have a make table query that pulls data from this databae and puts it into a table in access. When a new record shows up in the linked database, the user will be able to search for it through my form, and what i would like to be able to do is, have a button that would allow the user to automatically import the new record into a different table based on the Manager who entered the new record. to simplify users pulls up the new record added to the linked database and needs to update the access database i would like a button ...

Outlook Contacts to OE on another computer...
How do I export the outlook contacts from one machine to the outlook express address book my wife uses on another machine? This really should be much easier than I think it is. DS In news:%23c2NamiVFHA.2796@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl, microsoft.com <getoffmyemail@invalid.com> had this to say: My reply is at the bottom of your sent message: > How do I export the outlook contacts from one machine to the outlook > express address book my wife uses on another machine? > > This really should be much easier than I think it is. > > DS The following is from this site: htt...

Backing up the PST file(s)
I recently began using Outlook 2003 on a new Windows 7 Home Premium Computer. I successfully imported my emails and contacts from an older Windows XP computer. I want to have my Outlook data store =96 the .PST file set up for automatic backup using the =93Second Copy=94 program. I want to tell the backup program which file(s) and where. On the Mail page of Outlook, I used the click sequence Rt Click Personal Folders Properties Advanced The resulting file name is: C:\Users\PT\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst But in c:\Users\PT\MyDocuments, there=92s another fi...