how to start a new thread?

Sounds crazy, but I can't post a question in a normal way. I see the button
on the upper left side that has the name "New". When I click it there appear
three possibilities:
Question
Suggestion for Microsoft
General comment

Only when I wildly and repeatedly hit that list somewhere with my mouse
clicks a question screen will suddenly open.  What is the standard procedure
to open the question screen? (I believe in a certain way one mouse click
should do the job, but as you will have guessed by now, I am but a dumb end
user, so please help)
--
Jack Sons
The Netherlands

Process is same... click New then choose Question...

Perhaps a little patience will help :-)

Which browser are you using? Try with Internet Explorer...

"Jack Sons" wrote:

> Sounds crazy, but I can't post a question in a normal way. I see the button
> on the upper left side that has the name "New". When I click it there appear
> three possibilities:
> Question
> Suggestion for Microsoft
> General comment
>
> Only when I wildly and repeatedly hit that list somewhere with my mouse
> clicks a question screen will suddenly open.  What is the standard procedure
> to open the question screen? (I believe in a certain way one mouse click
> should do the job, but as you will have guessed by now, I am but a dumb end
> user, so please help)
> --
> Jack Sons
> The Netherlands
Patience? I just doesn't work.
I do it from Gmail which I open with IE.
I use XP HE version 5.1.2600 with SP3 Build 2600 and IW8 ver5sion
8.0.6001.18702

Jack.

"Sheeloo" <Sheeloo@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
> Process is same... click New then choose Question...
>
> Perhaps a little patience will help :-)
>
> Which browser are you using? Try with Internet Explorer...
>
> "Jack Sons" wrote:
>
>> Sounds crazy, but I can't post a question in a normal way. I see the
>> button
>> on the upper left side that has the name "New". When I click it there
>> appear
>> three possibilities:
>> Question
>> Suggestion for Microsoft
>> General comment
>>
>> Only when I wildly and repeatedly hit that list somewhere with my mouse
>> clicks a question screen will suddenly open.  What is the standard
>> procedure
>> to open the question screen? (I believe in a certain way one mouse click
>> should do the job, but as you will have guessed by now, I am but a dumb
>> end
>> user, so please help)
>> --
>> Jack Sons
>> The Netherlands

0
Jack
5/30/2010 7:54:36 AM
Hold down CTRL key while clicking to bypass the POP-UP blocker.

Jack Sons wrote:

> Patience? I just doesn't work.
> I do it from Gmail which I open with IE.
> I use XP HE version 5.1.2600 with SP3 Build 2600 and IW8 ver5sion
> 8.0.6001.18702
>
> Jack.
>

> "Sheeloo" <Sheeloo@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
>
>>Process is same... click New then choose Question...
>>
>>Perhaps a little patience will help :-)
>>
>>Which browser are you using? Try with Internet Explorer...
>>
>>"Jack Sons" wrote:
>>

>>>Sounds crazy, but I can't post a question in a normal way. I see the
>>>button
>>>on the upper left side that has the name "New". When I click it there
>>>appear
>>>three possibilities:
>>>Question
>>>Suggestion for Microsoft
>>>General comment
>>>
>>>Only when I wildly and repeatedly hit that list somewhere with my mouse
>>>clicks a question screen will suddenly open.  What is the standard
>>>procedure
>>>to open the question screen? (I believe in a certain way one mouse click
>>>should do the job, but as you will have guessed by now, I am but a dumb
>>>end
>>>user, so please help)
>>>--
>>>Jack Sons
>>>The Netherlands

0
Bob

creating new publication
I can't create a new publication. For example when I try to do a calendar and select calendar from the publication type it acts like it is going to open, but then stops and says that publisher has encounteredf a problem and needs to close. I send error report, but nothing changes. What can I do? -- Debbie What does the error say? Click on details in the error box, is there a module or a number error? What version Publisher? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Debbie" <Debbie@discussions.microsoft....

Starting up on start-up help!

My new site is finished, please visit it and have some fun!!
Hi all, I've just finished my new web site!! And want to invite you all to visit it and see what you think. Also to ask that you pass it on to as many people as you can if you would, and be sure to take a few minutes and click on some of the banners there. It does help me. If this one works ok, i'm going to try and make one for our Genealogy friends. I've gotten some reviews to!! And they're from people I don't know...haha I'll list a couple of them below the link. Hope you all are doing well!! Becky http://beckybrigg.googlepages.com/yourlinkstowebincome Here are s...

Need advice to start off a project
Hello! I have never really used Excel much but I have had an idea which could make some of the work I do a lot easier. I know Excel is powerful but I don't know the best way to approach it so can anyone out there help me? I make visits to places and record what kind of visit it was on a spreadsheet with the values in each cell being the date. At the bottom there is a summary box which shows, on each date, how many visits I made of each type. At the moment this is done manually but I am sure it can be done automatically only how? On a different sheet I would then like to have a summary of...

How to add new items in Picklist
Hi, We have one customize field in CRM that type is picklist. We want to add some more items in this picklist. Could you guys, please let me guide how could I add more items in specific picklist. In CRM, I haven't found any front-end screen for this purpose. Please help Regards In CRM go to Settings > Customization > Customize Entities. Double-click on the entity where the picklist is contained. When the entity opens, click "Attributes" on the left side and locate the picklist item in the list of attributes. Double-click it to open it. On the right hand side of the...

Cannot start Outlook 2002
My computer is usualy connected to an MS Exchange server at work. However I'd like to use Outlook at home with another e-mail account. When I try to start Outlook I get an error message : Cannot connect to exchange server. So I click work offline. Then, get another error message: Cannot start Outlook. Could not open information store. The the program quits. Anyone know a work around? Thanks. Create a new profile for your home account. Then set Outlook to prompt for profile. Select your home profile and Outlook will not try to connect to Exchange. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook...

How do I get rid of "new group" in my Contact list
I was learning how to create groups and accidentally hit "new group" 3 times. How can I get rid of these from my contact list? What do you mean by contact list? We have no idea to what view or version you're referring. We have no idea what you did. There is no option for a "new group" in a Contacts Folder. Are you talking about the Navigation Pane? Address Book view? Something else? -- Russ Valentine "KrisB" <KrisB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AD1DEA7C-5F54-4701-8E89-3E23874C48FA@microsoft.com... >I was learning ho...

Exchange Services Do not Start After a Restart #2
I have a SBS 2003 Running and for some reason some of my Exchange Service do not start after a restart. System Attendand tries to start shuts down unexpectedly. I can go to services right after logging in and start the services and they start with no problem. Right before the error that service did not start, I get this warning: "A service process other than the one launched by the Service Control Manager connected when starting the Microsoft Exchange System Attendant service. The Service Control Manager launched process 2448 and process 3688 connected instead. Note that if this se...

And how to Increment Date in each new subForm ?
Woops! Forgot to include in the... How to add subForm copies Post... Each time we copy & past the subForm we want to increment the "Delivery Date" by 7 days. So we have to be able to reference the last subForm item "delivery Date" field and add 7 days to it each time we "paste" a new copy of the subForm. It would certainly be helpful if anyone could share a code snippit that may get me started on this. Some orders are entered for 52 weeks. If we can't auto-increment the delivery date someone will have to sit and type in the delivery date on all 52 copi...

sending emails to the new top domains
We're running Exchange 2000. For some reason, we can't send emails to the new top domains. The following error message comes back: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test Sent: 05/13/2004 11:30 The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'xxx.xxxxxx@sita.aero' on 05/13/2004 11:30 You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <rrtechnologies.net #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Access denied> What do I need to change in the exchange...

Macro or Lookup? Not sure where to start.
I have created two worksheets: 1) Auction Items Item# Table# Location# ItemDescription WinBid are the headers of the data. 2) Bidders Bidder# FirstName LastName I would like to be able to create a macro or something that will allow me to enter the item#, bidder# and winning bid price and have a sheet filled with. ie. Item# 2 (Handcrafted Table) Bidder# 12 (John Doe) Winning Bid $250 Can excel pull from two sheets and created another sheet with all the final details? I am a little new to excel (version 2000) it is the only tool/application available to us at this time. If anyone can poi...

Primary Attribute of a New Entity
I'm having some difficulties wrapping my head around the required primary attribute of a new entity. I am trying to create a software module entity that has a parental relationship with an account, and can do a lookup into the products table. In the simpliest sense, those are the only two fields that I need. However, the system is forcing me to create, use and enter a third piece of data which is the primary attribute of the entity. Is there some way that I can suppress or at least hide this additional field? Is there a purpose for this field that I am not seeing? Thoughts appre...

Outlook starting problem
"Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. A dialog box is open. Close it and try again." ...

Running CHKDSK at start up
Is there a way to run chkdsk f/r on all five drives on one PC at start up? PC runs Windows XP Pro SP3. This way all drives would be checked and errors fixed, if necessary, in one go, at start up on this machine. We intend to do this on this heavily used PC from time to time - we do not need the desired chkdsk functionality to kick in at every boot! Regards and TIA. Avatar -------- "Avatar" <Avatar@re.birth> wrote in message news:hrb4n2$53i$1@news.eternal-september.org... > Is there a way to run chkdsk f/r on all five drives on one PC at start up? ...

Can't Start Any Program
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel It has been two weeks since I can open an Office Program. Please HEEELP! This is my word error report: Microsoft Error Reporting log version: 2.0 Error Signature: Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS Date/Time: 2009-09-09 19:04:02 -0400 Application Name: Microsoft Word Application Bundle ID: com.microsoft.Word Application Signature: MSWD Application Version: 12.2.0.090605 Crashed Module Name: CoreFoundation Crashed Module Version: unknown Crashed Module Offset: 0x00075354 Blame Module Name: CoreFoundation Blame Module Version: unk...

transferring outlook express files to new computer
I am trying to transfer my OE files to my laptop. I have tried to use the export feature but it is not working. In scanning the Knowledge Base it seems I need to have the full version of Outlook or Exchange because it has files in order to make this work??? I don't have these programs on my old computer - just OE. I tried copying all the email files/folders into the proper/corresponding directory on my laptop but they just don't show up. I really really don't want to lose all my email. Is there a solution? Many thanks and feel free to email me a julie@crowbold.com ...

Starting a new paragraph within a cell
How do you create a line break within a cell? For example, if wanting to list 2 or more items it looks better if each one is printed under the other as a list. Or in a comment column when needing to start a new paragraph, again within the cell. Hi. You can press Alt + Enter to create a line break within a cell. Kath firman wrote: > How do you create a line break within a cell? For example, if wanting to list > 2 or more items it looks better if each one is printed under the other as a > list. Or in a comment column when needing to start a new paragraph, again > within th...

How do I add consecutive numbers but start over at a break in the.
add consecutive numbers but start over at a break in them. I'm trying to calculate consecutive days of attendance. ...

CD does not start
After installing XP on a new disk everything appeared normal. I was able to install a few applications from their cds. Then I attempted to install an application from a downloaded file, but it did not work. So I installed MS frame works and windows installer. Then I was able to install the application from the downloaded file. When I attempted to install another application from its cd (with autorun), nothing happened, namely it fail to start. If I force the setup.exe from Explorer, the error message shows up: "the application configuration is incorrect". Thinking for...

How To Update Access After Adding A New Field?
Hi 1. I need to know how to update the field list of the query after adding a new field into the table and the query? 2. I need to know how to update the records table after adding calculated filed? Hi Chipcom, Chipcom, Inc. in Massachusetts was bought by 3Com many years ago... Your questions don't really make sense as given. HTH -- -Larry- -- "Chipcom" <bz1977@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1177666698.734592.134850@o40g2000prh.googlegroups.com... > Hi > > 1. I need to know how to update the field list of the query after > adding a new field into the t...

I bought a new PC. Can I use my old PC Product key to activate?
My new PC comes with 6 month trial Office 2007. Can I simple activate my licence from the old PC by inputting my PRoduct key during activation? How did you come by the software on the old PC? If it is an OEM version that came installed on the PC, then it is only licenced to be used on that particular PC. If it was a boxed version that you purchased, you can un-install it from that PC and then install it on the new one. Probably best to remove the trial version first. -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to o...

I would like to design a logo for a new superstore
I just can't seem to get an inspiration to design a logo to use for this superstore. Even coming up with a name seems to be a difficult task. Inspiration here, over 7,000,000 hits http://images.google.com/images?q=logo&hl=en -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "tinard" <tinard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CE8F1689-4D1A-401C-BE11-2F2DB3CF34A6@microsoft.com... >I just can't seem to get an inspiration to desig...

Money 2007 tries to update on each start
On each start up, Money 2007 advises that in order to run properly an update to Money 2007 is necessary. When I click OK it downloads files and again I click to start the upgrade. After a few minutes the update completes and a dialog box advises that I should restart Money and if it will not open properly I should restart my computer. I do so and all seems to be OK, but on starting money the update dialog box is back. I checked the Money folder and the update log shows that the update completed. So how do I stop the annoying update dialog box from displaying on each start? "GWL&qu...

new user is not showing up in address book
if new user is added to the network. there is one user that can't see the new users in the address book. other user are able to see the new user in the "global address list." but it is not showing up for this user. but if he selects "all users" from the drop down list in address book, he is able to see the new user. so anyone know what is going on and how to resolve it? thx in advance. If the user is using cached mode, possibly the address list the user is in has not been rebuilt as an offline address book. Typically this happens on a default daily schedu...

What is the main thing to remember to get started in EXCEL?
What are some tips to make Excel easier to understand and employ? Just remember that Excel is not a database, though it can do some database functions, and it is not a word processor, though it can do some word processing functions. Get a good book - one by John Walkenbach would be a good choice: http://www.j-walk.com/ss/books/index.htm HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Mr.Harrison" <Mr.Harrison@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3796CE4E-1D28-4BDD-9D8F-E378C10F892F@microsoft.com... > What are some tips to make Excel easier to understand and employ? if you spen...