How to sort colored data

People keep giving me large reports and highlighting the pertinent rows or
changing the color of the text. Unfortunately I have now way to sort or
filter to consolidate just the row with the red text or cell color. What are
my options?

Bob
0
Bob4289 (354)

See

   http://cpearson.com/excel/SortByColor.htm

In article <3F3CF8FE-3490-4080-B435-483AA4508F26@microsoft.com>,
 Bob <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> People keep giving me large reports and highlighting the pertinent rows or
> changing the color of the text. Unfortunately I have now way to sort or
> filter to consolidate just the row with the red text or cell color. What are
> my options?
>
> Bob
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
9/23/2005 9:06:27 PM
Bob,

Another option...
My Special Sort Excel add-in sorts by cell or font color.
You don't have to write code - you use it just like the regular Excel sort utility.
Plus it has 11 other sort options not included in Excel.
Comes with a Word.doc install/use file.
Available - free - send an email request - remove XXX from my email address.

Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA
jim.coneXXX@rcn.comXXX

wrote in message
People keep giving me large reports and highlighting the pertinent rows or
changing the color of the text. Unfortunately I have now way to sort or
filter to consolidate just the row with the red text or cell color. What are
my options?

Bob
0
jim.coneXXX (771)

Data Migration
Just wondering about best practices for my situation. Multiple users using Outlook for email...some contact data. Some users using secondary systems (Saleslogix, Excell) for additional contact info. What would be the best practice for merging all of this data together into a single MSCRM system? Challenges: clarifying record ownership when more than 1 has this record in their system. Some systems have Account/Contact relationships established (SLX) already. After having users cleanse their data as best they can, how should we approach this? We can use Scribe to pull the SLX data reta...

"Lookup" data type
I´m using the deployment manager to create a new lookup filed chema but when I click on the dropdown box to select the data type, the "lookup" data type doesn´t appear. I´ve got the customization manual and that data type is supposed to appear in the list. How can I add it? Deployment Manager in CRM 1.* does not let you add a Lookup data type "Talei" <Talei@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4FE8843C-3BF5-48FC-AE20-16EB2B3FA914@microsoft.com... > I�m using the deployment manager to create a new lookup filed chema but when > I ...

How do I change the group heading COLOR of incoming e-mail?
Is it possible to change the COLOR of the HEADING of a group for an incoming e-mail? It's pretty annoying having to search and search for incoming e-mail. Thanks so much. yes, its automatic formatting-and is part of the view settings. you can use Tools, Organize. to access it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slips...

Where is: Sorting a column in a table in alpha order?
I just got Publisher 2003, and in my previous Publisher and Microsoft Word they both had a menu that you use to put in alphabetical order. I cannot find it in this version. I don't want to type the table over? HELP HELP Publisher never sorted tables in any version. Copy the table and paste into Word, sort and copy/paste back into Publisher. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "VIV CLARK" <VIV CLARK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

change defaut workbook font color
How do I change the Work Book default font color? Hi Tools, Options, General Tab. HTH Cordially Pascal "Ak_Deeg" <Ak_Deeg@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 95E4EB97-9F8E-4856-A079-D55FF4B085C1@microsoft.com... > How do I change the Work Book default font color? ...

Data Type Question
I have two table tbl_Repairers and tbl_Job_Details related on a one to many on RepairerID field. tbl_Repairers RepairerID - Autonumber - Primary Key RepName - Text tbl_Job_Details RepairerID - Number - LookUp on RepName. <Other Fields> When I set up a query using the RepairerID field from the tbl_Job_Details, the values in the field show as text but if I want to run a query on one repairer e.g. "AT" then I get a data mismatch. If the criteria is entered as '1' then I get the results I want. How can I adjust the query such that if I want to see al...

EEO-1 Data File
Does anyone know of a way to create an EEO-1 Data File that meets the specifications of the EEO Commission, which can then be uploaded on their website? I'm thinking I'll need to write a Crystal report. ...

Why does AutoFilter not show all the data in the pull down?
In an Excel spreadsheet with 12,000 lines, and autofilter on, all the possible selections are not displayed in the filter pull down. I can use custom filter in the pull down, but is more time consuming. I'd rather scroll in the pull down. Is there a limit on the amount of lines shown in the pull down? Or am I missing something? Go to Excel help and enter limits. Excel has dozens of limits. I was surprised not to find a limit on Autofilter which is 1000. Most irritating is only 1024 characters can display in a cell and only 256 characters can be copied to another worksheet. ...

Connecting existing data
I'm in the beginning stages of finding the right CRM product for us. The big determining factor is the opportunity to import in existing data from an access database. Will Microsoft CRM do this? How friendly is it to manipulate once I have it imported? -- Thanks, Dale Hello Dale, MS CRM natively supports only the import of CSV files, but it is pretty simple to create CSV files from Access database tables/views. The import tools (Data Migration Wizard) is very intuitive and friendly to use, you are possible to import every kind of data managed by CRM, it is also possible to rem...

How to print semi-transparent color blocks in Publisher 2002?
I have color blocks in my publication that are printing as either a messy pattern or are solid instead of semi-transparent as they are on the computer. Why is this happening? Transparency is iffy with Publisher, the printing will be as you say "messy" or banded. A workaround is to copy the color blocks, paste special as a .png or ..gif. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "tnt" <tnt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

"Excel Data Problem
Hi ! EVERYBODY ! Im new guy in this forum ! I HAVE A BIG PROBLEM IN EXCEL ! IF ANY1 CAN HELP ? IM USING MS EXCEL 2000(9.0.3821 SR-1) MY PROBLEM IS SPACE BETWEEN WORD IN SINGLE CELL (1 COLUMN)! EXAMPLE : ABC 1234 , AB 1234 , PUTRA 1234 , KV 1234 T ... CAN I MAKE ALL THE SPACE GONE ? I WANT TO MAKE EXAMPLE : ABC 1234 > ABC1234 AB 1234 > AB12 PUTRA 1234 > PUTRA1234 KV 1234 T > KV1234T THANKS A LOT FOR ANYONE CAN GIVE HELP !!! VERY URGENT !!! I HAVE 60,000+ DATA , IT TAKE TIME TO CHANGE 1 BY 1 !! Attachment filename: sample.bmp Download attachme...

How do I display the sum of 2 data series on a column chart?
I have created a simple column chart (Stacked Column Chart) that displays 2 series (stacked) per month over a year. I am hoping to find a simple way of adding a data label to each column (for each month) that has the sum of the 2 data series that are being shown. Hi, http://www.andypope.info/charts/StackColTotal.htm Cheers Andy Sergrock wrote: > I have created a simple column chart (Stacked Column Chart) that displays 2 > series (stacked) per month over a year. I am hoping to find a simple way of > adding a data label to each column (for each month) that has the sum of the ...

Sort #6
I have to sort expenses. Column A are dates, columns B-J are data. I would like to sort this list on column a (dates) in ascending order. According to Excel Help I should park my cursor in column A and then push the Sort Ascending button. Result: Column A does get sorted but the data in the corresponding rows do not go along with it. I've tried it over 50 times and it does not work. What am I missing? Original Data 11/12/06 $5.00 11/04/06 $6.00 11/08/06 $7.00 Desired Results 11/04/06 $6.00 11/08/...

Date formating for sorting
I have a genealogy data sheet and one column contains dates. I have formatted the column various different ways showing month/day/year, etc. If it is possible, I want to sort the column by year first, then month & day. Is that do-able? Thanks in advance. That's the way dates should be sorted. Maybe your data isn't really dates???? Or maybe you just need to specify ascending or descending???? - Butch wrote: > > I have a genealogy data sheet and one column contains dates. I have > formatted the column various different ways showing month/day/year, etc. &...

move data to a second Exchange server
Want to move Data from an Exchange 2003 SVR to another in the same organization and have the new server as the Primary Is there a definitive guide on how to this. The new server has a differrent name. Hello Felix, What did you mean with Data? Mailboxes or Public folders? For mailboxes look here: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Exchange_2003_Move_Mailbox_Wizard.html For Public folders here: http://www.petri.co.il/pf_improvements_in_exchangne2003_sp2.htm Best regards myweb Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. >...

Query data from same workbook
Hello all - I have an excel workbook that queries external data that is stored on a different workbook but same computer. It works fine and I haven't had any issues with it. But, now I need to make this workbook easy to send to other users. I would like to consolidate the data and put it on the same workbook with my written queries. I figured it would be easy to do, similar to doing a pivot table on sheet1, and the data source on sheet2. This would make it much easier to send out to all the users so it can find the "data source" every time regardless of who's computer ...

Bring Data from Access
Dear all, I'm trying to bring from access to excel the itens_code. I have this code below, that create a validation in a cell of excel. But I have a big problem: the excel's validation provide a limited quantity of data, and I have a lot of data to put like a validation. I think it is like a filter... but I don't know how to do it and if it will work... Could anybody help me with it? Thanks in advance!!!! Andr=E9. Public Function RunQuery(ByVal strSelect As String, ByVal strFrom As String, _ ByVal strWhere As String, ByVal strOrderBy, ByVal blnConnected As Boolean) As ADODB...

Converting Excel Data to Access in Office 2003
-- How do I analize and convert Excel Data into an Access Data Base. With 2003 in 2000 it was a menu option from the Data Button. Do not see it in Excel 2003 Necesito informacion acerca de la nueva version OFFICE SYSTEM, acerca de que si trae Excel con alguna modificaci�n importante respecto a otras versiones Gracias. "Oscar" <oscarjperez{xxx}@hotmail.com> escribi� en el mensaje news:B068CBD3-CA1E-4EA4-B442-E88B198138C9@microsoft.com... > > -- > How do I analize and convert Excel Data into an Access Data Base. With 2003 in 2000 it was a menu option from the Data ...

Chart and Data range
Hello I'm using a chart dayly and i would like that the chart take all the data without selecting source data within data source and updating the range manualy. Thanks for Help Louis Do a Google search for: Excel dynamic chart or go to http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Louis" <Louis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F2F4B7D-82E2-47F9-9D05-79BEE769CFC2@microsoft.com... > Hello > > I'm using a chart dayly and i would li...

Sorting attributes in Excel?
i am wondering how to sort attributes in excel? i want to have a first attribute which i keep constant, and then have a list of second attributes which i want to sort. any help would be appreciated! Hi not really sure what you're trying to achive. Maybe provide an example! "addie" wrote: > i am wondering how to sort attributes in excel? i want to have a first > attribute which i keep constant, and then have a list of second attributes > which i want to sort. any help would be appreciated! ...

How can I use (IF) formula to pull data from list?
Can someone help me with a formula that will do the following? I have a list of courses (Algebra 1, Algebra 2, etc) and I have course codes (2032, 2033, etc). Different courses will be listed In my spreadsheet in column A. I want column B to automatically populate the correct course code form a list (perhaps on a hidden sheet like I use in Data Validation Drop Down lists). For example, Algebra 1 is entered in A3 and then the Algebra 1 course code would appear in B3. If Algebra 2 is entered in A4, then a different code will automatically appear in B4. Auto populating the course code will s...

how can i build a three variable data table in excel ?
I know it is feasible but I can't figure out how to do it. Hi not really sure what you mean with this. Could you give an example? "Solario" wrote: > I know it is feasible but I can't figure out how to do it. Maybe?? dim myTable(1 to 2, 1 to 8, 1 to 17) as variant mytable(1,1,1) = "hi" mytable(1,1,2) = "there" ..... mytable(2,8,17) = "whew! that's a lot of entries" Solario wrote: > > I know it is feasible but I can't figure out how to do it. -- Dave Peterson ...

Problem importing Microsoft User Data
On my PowerBook (running OS X ver. 10.3.7) I have Microsoft Office X. Originally, I started with Office:Mac 2001 in OS 9 and upgrated to Microsoft Office X when it came out. I have a new iMac where I have installed Microsoft Office X (not Office:Mac 2001 - I haven't installed OS 9 in this computer) and am trying to import my Entourage data (address book, calendar, etc.) and have been unable to do so. Through my network, I have copied the Microsoft User Data folder from the PowerBook into the Users Documents folder on the new iMac. I've restarted after following this procedure. Unfortu...

Custom field type and external data source
Hi I would like to ask you for advice. In our enviroment we have one web application hosting 3 site collection. Those site collection need to share few (3-4) dictionaries. By sharing I undersand that users need to associate data from those dictionaries to the records they create on lists around those site collection. As we have three diffrent site collection (dictionaries are hosted on the main top level site collection), then to achive that we go for custom lookup field type to let users pick-up values from those dictionaries. Unfortunetly this solution has an issue, that whe...

How to create one table based on filtered data from various worksh
Hello! Hope someone here will have some advice. I would like to create a new table, based on tables in several worksheets. This would all be within the same workbook. I would need to place a filter on one a date column. If it were possible to link the data so that they would automatically update too, that would be even better :) Thanks! Annie, I am sorry that I do not have an answer for you because I am going through a similar dilemma. I just wanted to wish you luck and if you find a solution, please let me know and I will do the same. Thank You and Good Luck! -- Bonnie Rone &quo...