how to skip a column when entering data?

On one worksheet, for the sake of appearance Column B contains a
calculated amount, which is the product of Column A and Column C.

Is there a way to skip to column C when entering the data in Column A
without doing it manually?

Thanks,

Godzilla
0
Godzilla1 (3)

This will give you the idea. right click on sheet tab>view code>insert
this>SAVE

Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Excel.Range)
If Target.Row > 2 And Target.Column = 1 Then ActiveCell.Offset(, 2).Select
End Sub

"Godzilla" <Godzilla@monster.org> wrote in message
> On one worksheet, for the sake of appearance Column B contains a
> calculated amount, which is the product of Column A and Column C.
>
> Is there a way to skip to column C when entering the data in Column A
> without doing it manually?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Godzilla

0
Don
10/1/2003 12:13:01 AM
One method.......

Select columns A and C.  Format>Cells>Protection. Uncheck "locked" box.

Tools>Protect>Sheet

Enter data in A1 and hit right-arrow key or Tab key to go forth and back from
Column A to C.  Or set Enter key to go right when hit.  Tools>Options>Edit
"move selection after Enter"

Gord Dibben  Excel MVP XL2002

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 19:07:12 -0500, Godzilla <Godzilla@monster.org> wrote:

>On one worksheet, for the sake of appearance Column B contains a
>calculated amount, which is the product of Column A and Column C.
>
>Is there a way to skip to column C when entering the data in Column A
>without doing it manually?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Godzilla

0
Gord

adding a skip pattern
Does MS Access refer to "skip patterns" by a different name? Is there any relatively simple way to include skip patterns in an Access form? Example: if the answer to question 1 = no, then skip to question 6. In a previous post, the reply below was given, but I must confess that I am not so swift to fully understand. Can someone provide a bit more detail: "You'd used the afterupdate event on a given control then use the setfocus method to move the cursor to another control and use the Enabled control property to control whether or not other controls remain active or...

Folders in Left-hand column
I recently had to reinstall Outlook 2007 after a computer system restore. Outlook now lists Archive Folders (and sub folders) in the left column under All Mail Items and all previous data I was able to import are now listed in folders under Archive Folders, including INBOX, Sent Items, Deleted Items, Saved Email, etc. There is no "Personal Folders" folder in the left column under "All Mail Items". How can I correct this? I would like to move all the subfolders currently under Archive Folders to a newly created "Personal Folders" in the "All Mail Item...

Increasing number of columns in spreadsheet
Someone has reduced the number of columns in the spreadsheet I'm using just to A - AD. I need to increase the size of the spreadsheet back to standard number of columns. How do I do this? Hi! They're probably just hidden. Select column AD header and drag a few inches to the right. Then right click within column AD and select Unhide. Biff >-----Original Message----- >Someone has reduced the number of columns in the spreadsheet I'm using just >to A - AD. > >I need to increase the size of the spreadsheet back to standard number of >columns. How do I ...

Workbook for entering POs and matching and paying invoices
Hi, As the title says I am looking for a simple workbook template tha will allow me to: 1. Enter POs and all relevant information (PO Number, date, item desc...) 2. Enter receipts and match them to POs (by above information) 3. Enter Invoices and match them to POs (by above information) 4. Record payments against invoice I am not looking for a full featured accounting package (we wil probably only do ~100 POs in a year), just a couple of connecte worksheets to simplify record keeping and tracking. Thanks. dav -- dhartsoug --------------------------------------------------------...

Skip if empty
Everyone, I'm sure this is an easy fix, but it is just beyond me. Hopefully, one of you is going to make me feel stupid. I have an excel 2003 workbook that is a template for a merge document in Word. I need it to be able to handle 10 different sets of information starting in column B and ending in column J. I have all the information for the Word document in sheet1 of the workbook, and I'm going to merge from sheet2. I'm not always going to have all 10 of the columns filled with information. so I need to be able to skip code when I run out of records so that when I merge them...

why is there 256 columns on excel?
im wondering why there is 256 columns and 65536 rows on microsoft excel/ It was based on memory bytes: 256 = 2^8 or 2*2*2*2*2*2*2*2 8 binary bits, or one byte, can store the integers 0-255 (i.e., 256 numbers). 65536 = 2^16 or 2*2*2*2*2*2*2*2*2*2*2*2*2*2*2*2 16 binary bits, or two bytes, can store the integers 0-65535 (i.e,. 65536 numbers). So internally, each cell address had a representation that requires exactly 3 bytes - one for column, and two for row. In article <F688A76A-2919-404D-85AE-9276AAA3AD17@microsoft.com>, "bm" <bm@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

How to use MSExcel to plot Column A against Col B?
I want to plot col A (x axis) against col B ( y axis). I cant seem to do it. Can anyone here please give me step by step primer. Thanks in advance. All I get is the graph of (1,2,............n) (x axis) against the n values of either col A or B. i.e 2 graphs instead of one. (In the old Lotus this was so simple: select the column for the X axis and then select the col for the Y and press enter, and you'd get the chart) Why is it so diff in Excel? Select the entire range you want to graph such as a2:b44>insert>chart>>>> -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@au...

file skipped
HI,All The following file is being skipped, should I be concerned..???? Backup - \\USFIN2KEX1\D: Data Unable to open the item \\USFIN2KEX1\D:\exchsrvr\imcdata\queue.dat - skipped. thanks Do online, exchange aware backups of the store. Do not do flat-file backups of the exchsrvr dirs and you wont see that error. :) On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 10:35:33 -0400, "Darren D" <Darren@somewhere.com> wrote: >HI,All >The following file is being skipped, should I be concerned..???? >Backup - \\USFIN2KEX1\D: Data >Unable to open the item \\USFIN2KEX1\D:\exchsrvr\imcdata\queue.da...

Auto Hide Columns
I have a spreadsheet like this: -------------------------Dept 1----Dept 2----Dept 3----Dept 4----etc (Cells C5:R5) Expense Code A Expense Code B Expense Code C Expense Code D Expense Code E etc Drop down validation box in Cell B4. When I choose a Dept from the dropdown box I want every other Dept Column to be hidden. My knowledge of VB doesn't extend beyond being able to paste into a module & some basic editing so any help is appreciated on this ! Phil Hi Phil i can give you a solution to your situation, but i would rather like to suggest a re-working of your spreadsheet to ...

Prevent equation from skipping data when referencing import data?
I am referencing data that is being imported from access in table on a seperate worksheet. When the data is refreshed, only the last new entry is placed in my seperate table, not all of them. How do I fix this? ...

Hide column with locked cells
I have a worksheed that a users input data useing data validation. There are cloumns on the sheet that display data based on selections made in adjacent columns. The cells in these 'display column" contain formulas that I need to protect but I also want to enable the user to hide the display column to decluter if they need to. As best I can teel you cannot hide/unhide a column with locked cells. Is there a method or work around to do this? BTW Im using Excel 2007 On Jun 12, 2:49=A0pm, Robert H <robert.hatc...@l-3com.com> wrote: > I have a worksheed that a users input dat...

I am getting Green triangle on one column in all the cells ?
Message The Number in this cell is formatted as text or preceded by apostrephe Then I have option of ignoring error. I would like to do a global ingnore error instead of going to each individual cell. How do I accomplish this ????? Hi tools - Options - error' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany nach wrote: > Message The Number in this cell is formatted as text or preceded by > apostrephe Then I have option of ignoring error. > > I would like to do a global ingnore error instead of going to each > individual cell. > > How do I accomplish this ????? Sele...

How do I add vertical lines to separate columns in Outlook 2003 #2
In Outlook 2000, all columns were separated by a gray vertical line. I can't seem to set this up in Outlook 2003. Any help would be appreciated ARe you using Word as the message editor? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, mschwartz asked: | In Outlook 2000, all columns were separated by a gray | vertical line. I can't seem to set this up in O...

Extracting data from a worksheet
WinXP, Excel 2000, Novice I have a multi-sheet workbook that I use to track sales and driver earnings for a small courier company (20 drivers). It works well for what I want it to do, but as time goes on my requirements are changing. I don't want to completely redesign my spreadsheet but I need to extract certain data from one or more sheets to create a summary. I actually figured out a way to achieve this from one sheet, but it's not pretty and requires an intermediate sheet whose only purpose is to create the basis for a pivot table. Let me explain. One worksheet is called '...

Cannot save paycheck data; Bug?
I've tried repeatedly to add our Paychecks: 1. Detailed method with payroll deductions etc. 2. Just the net pay ALL fields are complete, hit the OK button, get nothing. Either an error message indicating that all fields must be filled out or there is incorrect info, or, no error message and clicking OK button does nothing. I cant image what would be incorrect about the info provided. Money correctly calculates my net pay using method #1, so what whats the deal? I changed all the fields at least once to no avail. Closed the app and restarted. Same results. So far, Money has been p...

Varchar Columns
Does it make a difference, db performance, additional space, and maintenance, how big varchar column is defined, assuming that we are not truncating values. For instance, let's say I have column contain ss#. Does it matter if you defined it as varchar(20) or varchar(200)? Thanks in advance This is more an issue of how tightly you want to maintain the integrity of your data. If your data should not exceed 20 bytes and any data that is 21 bytes or longer is considered an error for the column, then you should not define the data type to be varchar(200) to allow erroneous d...

copy a drop down menu so it appears in each row of a column?
I'm trying to create a spread sheet to enter data into and i've figured out how to make a dropdown list to simplify data entry. But how can i make the drop down list appear in evey row of a column? I'm an excel newbie! thanks for your help! Make your list somewhere and then use Data-Validation-and where it says "any value" choose "list" and Then choose the source of the list. When you have done this for one cell, copy and then paste special and choose validation. Hope this helps "Vanmessa" wrote: > I'm trying to create a spread sheet...

Ability to skip/not skip lines on the Blank Invoice Form
Would like the ability to skip or not skip lines on the Blank Invoice Form, similar to how GPA let you enter a blank line between items. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/defa...

Set column width in centimeters
Hi, Is there any way to set the width of a column such that the column will = take a specified, fixed amount of space on the printout? All I can find is 'points' or 'characters'. What should I do to set the = width in centimeters or inches ? TIA, Jaap. This has to do with screen size vs screen resolution, workbook zoom, printer zoom, ... This said, see mr Erlandsens page http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/index.php?d=envbawssetrowcolumnmm -- HTH. Best wishes Harald Followup to newsgroup only please. "Jaap" <no@thank.you.invalid> wrote in message news:c...

The number of columns for each row in a table value constructor must be the same.?
I have the following script that inserts rows into the table type and sends the table to the DeleteHeadlines stored procedure. 1. The rows listed below that are inserted into the parameter already exist in the table itself. 2. The stored procedure uses a merge to delete all of the rows if they exist in the source/target. 3. I get the following error on line 11: "The number of columns for each row in a table value constructor must be the same." 4. In order, the tables columns are HeadlineID,HeadlineTitle,HeadlineDescription,HeadlineContent,HeadlineStartDate,H...

Data Verification: Comparing Two Identical Tables in MS ACCESS
I am using Access for entering a large number of questionanaires and other tests all by hand and in order to reduce errors I am using manual first entry and second entry. I am looking for a way to compare the records in each table against one another and be able to view and edit the discrepancies. It would also be nice if there was a way to limit the results to a specific record. Does anyone have an idea on how it would be possible to make this happen in Access? I have tried the VBA approach using some complicated code I found but it is limiting and I would like to find a way to do it with mi...

Outlook Data Files view in Contacts (2007) ... suggestion\complaint
I've come across this before and was wondering if my suggestion\complaint is on a list for future improvements. If I accidentally press a key on my keyboard while viewing Contacts in the Data File view, the keystroke changes the individual contact. I recently had this happen while on vacation and the one keystroke changed the last name of a contact and I could not remember the original 'last name'. Suffice it to say, I was screwed until I could find a backup and reinstall the latest pst file. It really would be great if I were offered - 'The contact has been changed, ...

how can i relate between two columns in two sheets?
Question no too clear - you can use this space to give a detailed question. But here goes: On Sheet1 I can type formulas such as =Sheet2!A1 =SUM(Sheet2!A:A10) If I type = and then click on the cell A1 of a worksheet called My Yearly Totals, I will get the formula ='My Yearly Totals'!A1 Note that a sheet name having spaces get surrounded by single quotes. Does this answer your question? best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP people.stfx.ca/bliengme email address: remove uppercase characters REMEMBER: Microsoft is closing the newsgroups; We will all me...

Multi-Column Printing
I have an XLS with 3 column which only occupies about half of a letter size paper. How can I do a multi-column printing that continues to the right side of the paper before start printing on a new page? (Just like how I can do columns in Word or like a magazine article with multi-column) Please help! Thanks! Glenn I'd just copy the range to MSWord and print there. But David McRitchie has a macro that does this kind of thing: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcrit...

auto adjust column widths and row height
Is there a way to have columns and rows automatically adjust to content? Thanks for any help. Format Row/ Auto Fit Format Column/ Auto Fit Or double click on the right-hand edge of the column/ bottom edge of the row. -- David Biddulph "DebC" <DebC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6EBBECB6-44D4-493D-9F82-2C2690871390@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to have columns and rows automatically adjust to content? > Thanks for any help. ...