How to show where cell was copied from?

Previously excel would show where I copied a cell from, ='EBO 2005'!J37, but
now it only shows the value of the, $3,433.04.  Previously this was just a
cut and paste, but something has been changed in excel.

Hi Jim

It sounds as though you did a Paste Special>Values as opposed to Paste
(perhaps inadvertently).
Copy and Paste functionality has not altered.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Jim" <Jim @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Previously excel would show where I copied a cell from, ='EBO
> 2005'!J37, but
> now it only shows the value of the, $3,433.04.  Previously this was
> just a
> cut and paste, but something has been changed in excel.

0
roger5293 (1125)

analytical accounting lookups should only show valid codes
When entering AA transaction distributions, the code lookup window should only show valid code combinations. It's not intuitive for the user to have to select a code and get an error message to discover which codes are valid. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the mess...

Outlook shows offline during dial up
Having a problem with outlook 2002. Over the WAN everything works fine. Dial up and connect to the network (VPN) internet work fine. Outlook will sync up however, a red x shows up in the bottom right hand corner. Outlook shows offline, I can send and receive but must hit send and receive. I have reloaded the computer from scratch and still have the same problem. Could it be a Excange setting? Any Ideas? Thanks for the help, If you hit File | Connect to Exchange Server what happens? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize ...

Show Window
I am currently developing a MFC SDI application. I want to integrate a tray icon with it. When the application is minimized it hides by ShowWindow(SW_HIDE) and then when double clicked on tray icon shown by ShowWindow(SW_SHOWNORMAL). But the problem is if some other application is activated after my application is minimized, ShowWindow shows it but it's behind some screen. I have tried with SetFocus didn't work. Please help me to solve this problem. Thank you. Varuna Try BringWindowToTop. ---- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com In addition to Ajay's idea you can also use SetFor...

automatic copy worksheet to anotehr workbook
Every time that I open the file "temperature.xls" I would like to have the worksheet "survey" contained "raw_data.xls" copied in to the worksheet "baseline" (contained in "temperature.xls"). Both files are in the same directory. I've thought about having formulas in each cell in the target worksheet but this will not copy the formats which I would like to maintain. I think a macro can probably do this and have tried to record a macro (shown below with different file names to test): Sub Macro2() ' ' Macro2 Macro ' Macro record...

Information Stores show dismounted yet mail is still flowing...
Background: Windows AD Mixed moded. Exchange 2003 installed on to a 2 node Microsoft cluster. 1 Front End server...connecting to the primary cluster node. Windows 2003 Standard on, FE Windows 2003 Enterprise Server on BEs (<---cluster) no service packs on either. Exchange has SP1 installed on both nodes and the FE. There are still Exchange 5.5 servers in the environment although they are not being used. The Issue: .....the information stores and public folders all show that they are dismounted...yet email is still flowing into and out of the server without any issues. I just...

reminder still shows up
when I run Outlook.exe /cleanreminders it simply opens Outlook, I am running Vista "Toppro" <Toppro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7AE8DBF7-6BE3-454A-82F9-5A040566026C@microsoft.com... > when I run Outlook.exe /cleanreminders it simply opens Outlook, I am > running > Vista Outlook version? The Windows version isn't as important and that of Outlook. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

multiple if/then on one cell
here is basically what i want to do. if a3=b3 than x if not than check to see if a3=b4 than y if not than check to see if a3=b5 than z i just don't know how to make excel understand. if there is a different command to use that would be cool too .. i just don't know it. thanks in advance. Try this: =IF(A3=B3,"x",IF(A3=B4,"y",IF(A3=B5,"z"))) "cheshire191" wrote: > here is basically what i want to do. > > if a3=b3 than x > if not than check to see if a3=b4 than y > if not than check to see if a3=b5 than z > > i just ...

Using ajax call to fetch multiple results from multiple queries and showing them 1 by 1 as the results comes.
Hello, I've 20 labels in a 2x10 table on a page. for each label, data comes by individual queries. (total 20 queries for the page.) and it takes about 30-40 seconds for the page to load, and it's not comfortable for the user to see blank page. I want that each cell will show loading.gif images. As and when data comes from query, the images should go visible=false, and the label should display the values one by one. How do I do this task using ajax? Some ASP.NET code example will be helpful for me, as I'm a kind of beginner. Thanks ...

Concatenating cell values to create sheet names
I would like to concatenate cell values to create a name that corresponds to a worksheet name and then use that in a formula. Does anyone know how to do this? You can use: =a1&a2 to concatenate a couple of cells. To refer to that in another formula, you'd need something like: =indirect("'" & a1&a2 &"'!A1") or if there's a chance your concatenated string refers to a non-existing worksheet and you want to avoid a #ref! error, you can check first: =IF(ISERROR(CELL("address",INDIRECT("'"&A1&A2&"&#...

Results show as a minus. WHY?
I have an application that was developed by another developer using VB.net which reside in a SQL table. I need to use some of the data from this table, however the data shows as -0.5 or - 0.99 or -1.70 etc in my Access tables. How can I get those numbers to show as a percentage with only one decimal point to the left? Example: 3.6% or 31.4 %. Any help would be greatly appreciated. No matter what I do it shows that dang "-" at the beginning. You can use the Abs function to strip off the negative Abs([YourTable].[YourField]) And you can format that as percentage either using th...

Cell value in formula
Does anybody know if I can report a value in a cell to formula in a another cell. For exampel if the value in A1 is "Sheet2" and a formula in A2 is =LETARAD(B2;'((A1))'!A:B;2;FALSKT) Im not sure what 'Letarad' is called in english, Findrow? /Marcus Hi have a look at the INDIRECT function for this >-----Original Message----- >Does anybody know if I can report a value in a cell to formula in a another cell. > >For exampel if the value in A1 is "Sheet2" >and a formula in A2 is >=LETARAD(B2;'((A1))'!A:B;2;FALSKT) > >Im not su...

Why Excel outlines cells that change?
Lately, Excel seems to outline cells that I change. The outline seems to remain until I cause the window to be update -- for example, scrolling the cells out of view, then into view, or minimizing, then maximizing the window. If this is an option that I can disable, please tell me how. FYI, I am using Excel 2002 (10.4302.4219) SP-2. Unfortunately, I am using an MS Win server that someone else controls. So I do not know what changed to cause this new outline behavior. Hi goto 'Tools - Track changes' and disbale this feature -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Help Me wrot...

Arrow keys move work sheet and not from cell to cell???
I apparently have inadvertantly checked something so that when I use my arrow keys I do not move to the next cell. Rather the work sheet itself moves. I would deeply appreciate any help here. Thank you in advance for any direction Jerry Touch Scroll Lock -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200847 "JERRY" wrote: > I apparently have inadvertantly checked something so that when I use my > arrow keys I do not move to the next cell. Rather the work sheet itself > moves. I would deeply appreciate any help here. Thank you in advance for any > direction > Jerry >...

I need to type numbers into an excel spreadsheet some of them begin with a zero some do not. How can I have excel show the 0 in the numbers that begin with 0. If I type 0236547 the number shows as 236547. I don't want all the numbers I type to begin with zero. I am using Excel 2003. Thanks very much for your help. Best regards, Dee use a custom format with how ever many digits you need, 000000 -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Dee" <Dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA60FC8A-C7CB-432A-B2B2-EEEBF86D2646@microsoft.com... >...

Substracting numbers in non contigous cells
Hi! I need a formula to substract numbers in non contigous cells THAT ARE IN ONE COLUMN and have the result in other cell, for example: ..=2E.....................A...................B R1..................................BLANKCELL R2..................................BLANKCELL R3..................................15 R4..................................BLANKCELL R5..................................BLANKCELL R6..................60.............75 R8..................................BLANKCELL R9..................................BLANKCELL R10................................BLANKCELL R11...............

Report Server shows 'Service Unavailable'
Hi, before install, the SRS setup, send me a warning, some like "the Windows Sharepoint Services are install and not permit initialize a Reportserver component" i skip wiht the installation, so.. I can't run http://<localhost>/Reports and http://<localhost>ReportServer show a message "Service Unavailabe", but the ReportServer service is running How initialize that or what do i do? ------=_NextPart_0001_09E699C9 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <Miguel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > before install, the SRS set...

Comments not showing
When a SharePoint workflow is edited and a comment is added. The comment does not display in the workflow status screen under workflow history. It shows as follows: Task assigned to Andre Wessels was completed by System Account. Comments: Instead of: Task assigned to Andre Wessels was completed by System Account. Comments: Please update to the new company logo. This happens for all standard SharePoint workflows (Approval, Collect Feedback). Any custom workflows does show the comment. The comment field is update in the task item. It just does not show. There is no error in t...

show comments when cell is highlighted Vs when cursor runs over? #2
How do you make the comments appear when the cell is highlighted opposed to when the mouse cursor runs over the cell? You can press Shift/F2, or Insert/Edit Comment. If you wanted to see it "automatically", when you select the cell, you'd need a macro, but I don't think this is what you're asking. Bob Umlas Excel MVP "Don" wrote: > How do you make the comments appear when the cell is highlighted opposed to > when the mouse cursor runs over the cell? To at least Excel 2000, if you have the Tools, Options, Comment Indicator Only you will see the co...

Trouble playing back macros after copying a spreadsheet
I've been developing a few macros to go along with a spreadsheet that I have. The macros work great on my PC but when I copy the spreadsheet to a network location and try to open the spreadsheet from there, I get the following error message "A document with the same name is already open..." I only have the one spreadsheet open so ca?n someone tell me what's going on? In addition, when someone else opens the same spreadsheet, they're told that the macros can't be found; again, what's going on? Thx in advance, Christopher It sounds like you used a filenam...

Show more time in weekly view?
Outlook 2007 On default the weekly view is only showing until 4 PM without scrolling down. I know there is a way to let you see into the evening hours also without scrolling. Help please. Thanks... Bob ...

TransparentBlt doesn't show the bitmap in ME?
The following doesn't print the bitmap on ME while it works on 2k/xp, can someone help me? Though the status returns TRUE. Thanks. Jiac. CDC *hdc, bghdc; CBitmap bgBitmap; BITMAP bmpInfo; //loads bitmap into memory bgBitmap.LoadBitmap(IDB_BITMAP5); // this bitmap has no needles // get bitmap info bgBitmap.GetBitmap(&bmpInfo); hdc = m_obj->GetDC(); bghdc.CreateCompatibleDC(hdc); bghdc.SelectObject(&bgBitmap); BOOL status = hdc->TransparentBlt(0, 0, 80, 80, &bghdc, 0, 0, 80, 80, TRANSPARENT_KEY_COLOR); //TRANSPARENT_KEY_COLOR if (st...

In Excel
In Excel is there a way to draw a circle, oval, free hand line etc. around a group of numbers (cells) so that the numbers (contents of cells) remain visible? Much line using the "Outside Borders" command? Thanks JBESr JB Using the drawing toolbar, select the oval icon and draw the oval over the numbers required. Format the autoshape, Colors and Lines, Fill color to No Fill. Tony >-----Original Message----- >In Excel is there a way to draw a circle, oval, free hand line etc. >around a group of numbers (cells) so that the numbers (contents of >cells) remain visi...

Clear Data>Security Resource Description table not showing in list
GPv10 Logged in as sa. Go to Maint. >Clear Data>System and in the Tables list the Security Resource Description table is not there. Is there something I need to do to get access to that table? Thanks. Gi Never mind....I figured it out. You have to change the Display to Physical....Duh!! ...

mail box rights it only shows "SELF"
Once the user has been created, checking the Email address tab show nothing (empty), I pointing rus to the right DC, this solve that problem, but i have still have the next problem: under the mail box rights it only shows "SELF" where as all the other account show 8 or more system users? exchange 2003 Gr, Marco On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 13:10:27 -0800, "Marco" <Marco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Once the user has been created, checking the Email address tab show nothing >(empty), I pointing rus to the right DC, this solve that problem, but i have >...