I  need to type numbers into an excel spreadsheet some of them begin with a
zero some do not. How can I have excel show the 0 in the numbers that begin
with 0. If I type 0236547 the number shows as 236547. I don't want all the
numbers I type to begin with zero.

I am using Excel 2003. Thanks very much for your help.

Best regards,

Dee

use a custom format with how ever many digits you need, 000000

--

Gary Keramidas
Excel 2003

"Dee" <Dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I  need to type numbers into an excel spreadsheet some of them begin with a
> zero some do not. How can I have excel show the 0 in the numbers that begin
> with 0. If I type 0236547 the number shows as 236547. I don't want all the
> numbers I type to begin with zero.
>
> I am using Excel 2003. Thanks very much for your help.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Dee

0
Gary
1/28/2010 10:32:46 PM
you need to put a an apostraphe before the number.  you should type '0236547

"Dee" wrote:

> I  need to type numbers into an excel spreadsheet some of them begin with a
> zero some do not. How can I have excel show the 0 in the numbers that begin
> with 0. If I type 0236547 the number shows as 236547. I don't want all the
> numbers I type to begin with zero.
>
> I am using Excel 2003. Thanks very much for your help.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Dee
"Dee" <Dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I  need to type numbers into an excel spreadsheet some of them begin with a
> zero some do not. How can I have excel show the 0 in the numbers that
> begin
> with 0. If I type 0236547 the number shows as 236547. I don't want all the
> numbers I type to begin with zero.
>
> I am using Excel 2003. Thanks very much for your help.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Dee

Do you need to do mathematical calculations on these numbers, or are they
some sort of reference or item number? If the latter, just format as text.

0
John

page numbers disappear
Page numbers disappear after page 10 whenever I do a booklet. On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 02:03:26 +0000, 4Av wrote (in article <C5C8808C-2FA7-4019-93DF-24FA9FAB21C3@microsoft.com>): > Page numbers disappear after page 10 whenever I do a booklet. And we're supposed to guess what version you're running are we...? We're not psychic - please elaborate on 'disappear' - do they just vanish as soon as you enter them, or is this resuming a saved document, or what? Or do they not appear at all... The devil's in the details... ;o) Do you have a Master page? Have you ch...

Need ability to print all tracking numbers on invoices
We need the ability to print *all* tracking numbers on invoices. We can have literally hundreds of tracking numbers associated with one invoice and under the present setup (using rw_CreateSOPTrackingNumberString) we can only show 4 1/2 numbers. -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the sug...

Outlook shows offline during dial up
Having a problem with outlook 2002. Over the WAN everything works fine. Dial up and connect to the network (VPN) internet work fine. Outlook will sync up however, a red x shows up in the bottom right hand corner. Outlook shows offline, I can send and receive but must hit send and receive. I have reloaded the computer from scratch and still have the same problem. Could it be a Excange setting? Any Ideas? Thanks for the help, If you hit File | Connect to Exchange Server what happens? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize ...

Excel no more new fonts
I'm getting the message "no more new fonts may be applied to this workbook". How can I get around this? Thanks. Tuan, Any chance that you have a lot of charts in the workbook? There's a limit of 256 fonts in a workbook and each chart uses up two of them. Check here for more info. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-ca;168650 John "Tuan Ma" <tma@conocophillips.com> wrote in message news:0e5201c365f4$c036d370$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I'm getting the message "no more new fonts may be applied > to this workbook". How can...

analytical accounting lookups should only show valid codes
When entering AA transaction distributions, the code lookup window should only show valid code combinations. It's not intuitive for the user to have to select a code and get an error message to discover which codes are valid. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the mess...

reminder still shows up
when I run Outlook.exe /cleanreminders it simply opens Outlook, I am running Vista "Toppro" <Toppro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7AE8DBF7-6BE3-454A-82F9-5A040566026C@microsoft.com... > when I run Outlook.exe /cleanreminders it simply opens Outlook, I am > running > Vista Outlook version? The Windows version isn't as important and that of Outlook. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

WinCE 6.0 Audio Driver Question?
Hi, I got a strange problem. I have no idea for it. I have a IXP 425 platform installed a SM502 PCI module. The problem is in the audio dirver. The driver is not workable. BUT ... 1. The WAV1: is up. 2. If I call waveInOpen() API, return error. The error code is "No driver present" 3. waveInGetNumDevs() returns 0 waveOutGetNumDevs() returns 0 I don't know what's wrong. What makes you think WAV1 is up? Do you know for sure that it didn't go back down? Have you done a debug build? That can tell you a lot... -- Dean...

excel workbook
I want to know why there are blank lines after the 1300 lines I imported? I want the spreadsheet to just cut off at , lets say, 1310 lines. How would that be accomplished? I would also like the just have cells A thru H and no cells to the right of that. How can that be done? Hi you can't delete these rows/columns. What you could do is hide them (Format - Rows/Columns - Hide) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany FY wrote: > I want to know why there are > blank lines after the 1300 lines I imported? I want the spreadsheet > to just cut off at , lets say, 1310 lines. Ho...

Adding a new part number.
If we choose "edit item" and to make a new part number everything is fine. When we choose "New Item" from the Items menu, then choose "standard Item" I get a run time 94 error "invalid use of null" Any thoughts? SJ This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_014A_01C4B158.92936C70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Run-time Error 94 "Invalid Use of NULL" When Editing Items in QuickSell = 2000 (869936) Confidential Article (The information in ...

Highlight 1 cell in Excel & move mouse-stays highlighted
I highlight one cell in Excel and then move mouse and the cells stay highlighted, and in the process it highlights other cells. Once I click on a cell there is no button that can stop this. Therefor I have to ctrl/alt/delete out of the program. Happens every time I go to a cell. Checked the mouse settings and everything appears normal and this only happens in Excel???? Any suggestions? You could try downloading and installing a new version of the mouse driver, if one is available from the manufacturer's web site. Or, try a different mouse and driver on the machine. David McRit...

Unable to validate company information in your backoffice data.
Upgrade to GP9 complete. Trying to move to BP3. Getting "Unable to validate company information in your backoffice data." Have checked: - DPUpgrade - SY01500 - DU000020 - SysDatabases table contains a row for each database. Checked all versionMajor for 9. All companies match and exist. Integrated Authentication is turned on in IIS. Any thoughts of another area to check is appreciated. Thanks! Jeff Wiedenfeld Hi Jeff -- Please see the following thread on page 2 of this newsgroup for some things to look into: http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGro...

number formatting #4
Hi. I was woundering how I can add trailing zero's to numbers. I have a colunm with number lemgths between 1 and 7 digets and need them all to be 10 diget's long. I have no trouble with adding the zero's as headers but needt hem as trailers. Thanks. Hi zuraan, You could put the following formula in a column beside the numbers and then Copy, Paste special, Values over the original numbers. =A1*10^(7-LEN(A1)) The formula assumes that the number is in cell A1 -- Regards, OssieMac "zuraan" wrote: > Hi. I was woundering how I can add trailing zero's to number...

Excel tie custom toolbars and macros to Emailed worksheets
I have made a worksheet for a work rota this includes a custum toolbar with Macros to enable rapid completion of new rotas. when i eMail the worksheet to other users the custum toolbar is not included or does not work You could attach the toolbar to that workbook. If you're going to do that, you'll want to read Jan Karel Pieterse's notes: http://google.com/groups?threadm=083701c3559b%246ce75e60%24a301280a%40phx.gbl Another option would be to build the toolbar on the fly (when the workbook is opened) and delete it when you close the workbook. Here's a shell that I use to b...

Show Window
I am currently developing a MFC SDI application. I want to integrate a tray icon with it. When the application is minimized it hides by ShowWindow(SW_HIDE) and then when double clicked on tray icon shown by ShowWindow(SW_SHOWNORMAL). But the problem is if some other application is activated after my application is minimized, ShowWindow shows it but it's behind some screen. I have tried with SetFocus didn't work. Please help me to solve this problem. Thank you. Varuna Try BringWindowToTop. ---- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com In addition to Ajay's idea you can also use SetFor...

Information Stores show dismounted yet mail is still flowing...
Background: Windows AD Mixed moded. Exchange 2003 installed on to a 2 node Microsoft cluster. 1 Front End server...connecting to the primary cluster node. Windows 2003 Standard on, FE Windows 2003 Enterprise Server on BEs (<---cluster) no service packs on either. Exchange has SP1 installed on both nodes and the FE. There are still Exchange 5.5 servers in the environment although they are not being used. The Issue: .....the information stores and public folders all show that they are dismounted...yet email is still flowing into and out of the server without any issues. I just...

How do I convert cab file to open an Family Budget Excel Template?
The file dowloads as a .cab file. When I try and open it, it's not in a recognized format. How can I download the correct format. Hardly an excel question From where do you download an excel template as a cab file? Try winzip, I believe they have an option to open some cab files Regards, Peo Sjoblom "sweetner32" wrote: > The file dowloads as a .cab file. When I try and open it, it's not in a > recognized > format. How can I download the correct format. ...

Using ajax call to fetch multiple results from multiple queries and showing them 1 by 1 as the results comes.
Hello, I've 20 labels in a 2x10 table on a page. for each label, data comes by individual queries. (total 20 queries for the page.) and it takes about 30-40 seconds for the page to load, and it's not comfortable for the user to see blank page. I want that each cell will show loading.gif images. As and when data comes from query, the images should go visible=false, and the label should display the values one by one. How do I do this task using ajax? Some ASP.NET code example will be helpful for me, as I'm a kind of beginner. Thanks ...

Results show as a minus. WHY?
I have an application that was developed by another developer using VB.net which reside in a SQL table. I need to use some of the data from this table, however the data shows as -0.5 or - 0.99 or -1.70 etc in my Access tables. How can I get those numbers to show as a percentage with only one decimal point to the left? Example: 3.6% or 31.4 %. Any help would be greatly appreciated. No matter what I do it shows that dang "-" at the beginning. You can use the Abs function to strip off the negative Abs([YourTable].[YourField]) And you can format that as percentage either using th...

Importing information into Excel
Can you create a form that has fields that can be exported into Excel? or even an Access database? I created a form in Word, saved it as a txt file and then imported it into Excel, but that didn't work. It seemed to work in Office 2003 but not 2007. How did you "import" and what is "didn't work"? You open a *.txt file in Excel you should get the Text Import Wizard popping up so's you can parse the text. Works for me in 2007 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 16:33:01 -0800, confused in PDX <confused in PDX@discussions.m...

Excel 2007 counting numbers
In Excel 2007 I have a question... I have a cell in a column B1: MJTB1001 I need to paste to approximately 235 new rows in the column B1 as follows MJTB2002 MJTB3003 MJTB4004... etc. What formula should I use to accomplish this task? Also I have the cell MJTB2044 and I need to make 235 new cells in column to fit like this... MJTB2044 MJTB3044 MJTB4044 MJTB5044 ... etc... 235 times.... Any thoughts? Thank you. In B2 put ="MJTB"&1001+(ROWS($B$1:B1)*1001) copy down 235 rows, select the range and copy and paste special as values in plac...

show comments when cell is highlighted Vs when cursor runs over? #2
How do you make the comments appear when the cell is highlighted opposed to when the mouse cursor runs over the cell? You can press Shift/F2, or Insert/Edit Comment. If you wanted to see it "automatically", when you select the cell, you'd need a macro, but I don't think this is what you're asking. Bob Umlas Excel MVP "Don" wrote: > How do you make the comments appear when the cell is highlighted opposed to > when the mouse cursor runs over the cell? To at least Excel 2000, if you have the Tools, Options, Comment Indicator Only you will see the co...

Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Implementation For Large Corporation (August 2006) #3
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Implementation For Large Corporation (August 2006) How Microsoft CRM 3.0 contribute and be a part of its computer environment.(Sales Module,MS CRM Security,Integration with Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0/Microsoft Great Plains,with IBM Lotus Notes Domino,International Considerations,Competition) http://microsoft-crm-3.blogspot.com/2006/08/microsoft-dynamics-crm-30.html ...

I need to type numbers into an excel spreadsheet some of them begin with a zero some do not. How can I have excel show the 0 in the numbers that begin with 0. If I type 0236547 the number shows as 236547. I don't want all the numbers I type to begin with zero. I am using Excel 2003. Thanks very much for your help. Best regards, Dee use a custom format with how ever many digits you need, 000000 -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Dee" <Dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA60FC8A-C7CB-432A-B2B2-EEEBF86D2646@microsoft.com... >...

Substracting numbers in non contigous cells
Hi! I need a formula to substract numbers in non contigous cells THAT ARE IN ONE COLUMN and have the result in other cell, for example: ..=2E.....................A...................B R1..................................BLANKCELL R2..................................BLANKCELL R3..................................15 R4..................................BLANKCELL R5..................................BLANKCELL R6..................60.............75 R8..................................BLANKCELL R9..................................BLANKCELL R10................................BLANKCELL R11...............