How to set up an option button?

Hi folks, new here so I hope this is in the right place.

I am trying to set up a purchase option sheet.  This will allow a sales
person to go through and select various options for a product we
build.

I am hoping to end up with a workbook that i can print out, showing all
selected options, and the costs associated with each option.

This way, I in the engineering dept can have a better ide of what it is
Im supposed to design.  I cant tell you how tired I am of seeing a work
order/proposal that reads " to be determined by customer", or "Just
like the one you built for me 2 years ago".

Please, any help would be great... heck I would even consider hiring a
fluent Excel user to help me get this set up.

But I do want to learn how, just not sure if this is a good task for a
begginer.

Thanks!

---

Hi

Option buttons and other ActiveX'es are awkward to set up so they blend in
with worksheet cells. I suggest you use Data Validation for this instead.
Download and test Debra Dalgliesh's file "Purchase Order" at
and read the tutorials starting at
http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.htm
to see how it's done.

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"hp383 >" <<hp383.14gszg@excelforum-nospam.com> skrev i melding
> Hi folks, new here so I hope this is in the right place.
>
> I am trying to set up a purchase option sheet.  This will allow a sales
> person to go through and select various options for a product we
> build.
>
> I am hoping to end up with a workbook that i can print out, showing all
> selected options, and the costs associated with each option.
>
> This way, I in the engineering dept can have a better ide of what it is
> Im supposed to design.  I cant tell you how tired I am of seeing a work
> order/proposal that reads " to be determined by customer", or "Just
> like the one you built for me 2 years ago".
>
> Please, any help would be great... heck I would even consider hiring a
> fluent Excel user to help me get this set up.
>
> But I do want to learn how, just not sure if this is a good task for a
> begginer.
>
> Thanks!
>

> ---

innocent (844)

setting up new outlook mail account

OWA Set Rule problem

"Archive all messages sent or received by mailboxes on this store" option problem
I want to backup the all message sent or received by mailboxes, I find that there is an option "Archive all messages sent or received by mailboxes on this store " in Exchanger 2003. I had selected this option and forward to public folder. But I found that not all message will be archived. - All message sent by mailboxes can be archived - Some Messages come from mailboxes will not be archived Eg: yahoo, hotmail, and other company Is this option not archive this message ? Any other setting need to configure ? Dennis ...

Upgrading soon: Which PCCharge option is right for us?
Hey all, I am the IT director for a two store craft chain (approximately 15 lanes). My company is going to be upgrading to Microsoft RMS over the summer. Our credit card processor, Paymentech, has strongly recommended using PCCharge as payment solution. I was wondering which version we need to get -- we are looking for a solution that the cashier won't even know is there. In other words, we don't want to train our cashiers to use RMS and PCCharge. We just want them to know how to use RMS and let PCCharge handle all of the work. That said, do we need PCCharge Payment Server, or PCCha...

internet options change and ie 8
i have ie 8 and have noticed that my internet options icon changes and im wondering what that means. the icon is a globe type image and then for some reason not of my doing (as far as i know) it changes and has a white square in front of the globe and the square has a check mark on it. its probably not a big deal but im just curious what it is doing and what it means. thank you in advance. kf. "kf" <kf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F1B7252-67A7-4BEF-8BB6-983C8B8C2026@microsoft.com... > i have ie 8 and have noticed that my internet o...

How to set backcolour

Button not bring up Macro I created
I have created a Macro and a button that is suppose to link to the Macro. The button I created can't find the Macro. Does anyone know a good place to find a how to for this? Thanks Right click the button, on the dropdown click 'Assign Macro' The list of macro's will appear, assign the appropriate one to the button, Regards, Alan. "A.S." <A.S.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:295A08DB-21DD-45D3-A610-525182AE40B8@microsoft.com... >I have created a Macro and a button that is suppose to link to the Macro. >The > button I created can...

Set Regional Settings but not Language

Creating Command button on Excel Sheet
Can anyone tell me how to activate a command button in Excel Sheet (M Excel 2000). I can create a botton there , but i can't execute it -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Have you allocated some code (procedure steps) to the button using VBA? Rob "patwary8 >" <<patwary8.11jbds@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:patwary8.11jbds@excelforum-nospam.com... > Can anyone tell me how to activate a command button in Excel Sheet (MS > Excel 2000). I can create a botton there , but i can't execute it. > > > --- > Message posted ...

Reading Pane Settings

The page select buttons in publisher are gone, what do i do?
Normally there are mini page icons at the bottom of publisher when there is more than one page, but I opened my saved leaflet those buttonshad gone. I know the 2nd page is there because when I do a multipage print preview I can see it. What's wrong with publisger, or is it me? View, status bar... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Me" <Me@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3B0CCB4-B7D9-4912-B196-8685EBE1784D@microsoft.com... > Normally there are mini page icons at the bottom of p...

interactive buttons, multiple sets

How do I set OOR

Outlook 2007 folder viewing options
I like to view my inbox and other mail folders with particular fields displayed. Does anybody know of a way I can set my folders to have the same fields without having to use the field chooser in each folder? Thanks http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/grouping.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook ...

Set Focus

Changing a CDialogBar button
Hi. My application has a CDialogBar which has a few buttons. The CDialogBar is loaded from a resource. I'm interested in changing / adding / removing buttons in run time (in CMainFrame::OnCreate for instance), but i have no clue as to where to start. Any pointers ? Ori wrote: > Hi. > My application has a CDialogBar which has a few buttons. > The CDialogBar is loaded from a resource. > I'm interested in changing / adding / removing buttons in run time (in > CMainFrame::OnCreate for instance), > but i have no clue as to where to start. > Any pointers ? CMainFram...

Publisher 2003 Need to set business card to Avery 5371 setting
I need to set the print settings so the business cardd that I created will print on Avery 5371 business cards Okay.........and your question is? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Jonathan" <Jonathan @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:187615DD-9EF1-42A2-8436-78E6E6C6ACE4@microsoft.com... >I need to set the print settings so the business cardd that I created will > print on Avery 5371 business cards Page setup, business cards, click change copies per sheet, type > .5 top, .75 side, zero gaps. Avery 5371 is a standard business card s...

Setting the Settings
Really quickly: How (exactly) does one get Publisher to remember the page settings I want. ie. every time I open a new document, I get centimeters, and usually, I'd prefer inches. I have not been able to find a "Save Settings" option anywhere. Can anyone help? thomas In Publisher 2000 it's Tools Options General tab Measurements unit box - select inches. OK That should do it. -- Don -------- Vancouver, USA - One of the great cities in one of the 45+ countries in America! "ThomasL" <tlammert@netcom.ca> wrote in message ne...

"Object or class does not support the set of events" Quick Question
All, I built a MS Access database in MS Access 2003, which I have set up in a shared folder. I have a form with some standard components such as text boxs, bottons. When a user updates the form I wish to record the time/date and username in the record. I have posted a copy of the code I'm using for the "BeforeUpdate" event below. Now this works fine on my machine and updates without a problem. However when a user on another machine (also using MS Access 2003) tries to update the same field, he gets the following error: "The expression Before Update you entered as the eve...