How to set Excel 2010 as default for open excel files instead of 2

I recently installed Office 2010 Beta.  When i click on an excel file it
automatically opens in Excel 2007.  How do i make Excel 2010 default when i
open an excel file?

Try re-registering xl2010

--Close excel (all versions)
--From Run (Windows Start Button) type your path to excel2010

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE14\excel.exe" /regserver

and Hit Enter

--
Jacob

"Steven" wrote:

> I recently installed Office 2010 Beta.  When i click on an excel file it
> automatically opens in Excel 2007.  How do i make Excel 2010 default when i
> open an excel file?

can't open file #3
I recently saved a file, when i wanted to open it nothings comes up. I dont know if the file is corrupted, i tried to recover but it didnt work. The last time i used was two days ago, and enter some data and saved it as usual, i dont know what's going on. Can anyone tell me what should i do? Alicia, You don't say which version of Excel you're using. 2002 and 2003 can repair damaged workbooks in some situations. Try File - Open, and look for a drop-down in the "Open" button. If you have it, try "Open and repair." Try opening it in a later version. Em...

Money 2004 files to back to Money 2000 program
My computer in Florida has Money 2004. When returning to Wisconsin I tried using the Money 2004 files with my Money 2000 in Wisconsin but the program would not open because it asked for my "Password". I have never used a password before and don't have a password. I have been using Money programs for 5 years and this is the first time I have had any problems. Any ideas? JoeinWisconsin -- -------------------------------------------- Joseph R. Ferris (Joe) E-mail: jferris@tponet.com URL: www.jferris.com ---------------------------------------- In microsoft.public.money...

Emailing in excel 2003 02-26-10

Error when opening spreadsheet
When this spreadsheet opens I receive the following error. Microsoft Excell cannot find 'FG_INV_VAL_4_12_01' ON '2003 Inventory Tracking.xls' This is a spreadsheet I have been using for a long time. There is a macro on the inventory sheet with the same name as in the error message. However I can find no reference to it in the spreadsheet I am trying to open. How do I debug this error to find the cause? ...

Send & Recieve on open
This isn't really a problem so much as an annoyance. Due to some other issues, I recently decided to reformat and reinstall everything. Before, whenever I opened Outlook, it would automatically retrieve all my emails as soon as the program was launched. Now, after the reinstall, when I open Outlook, it will just sit there until I actually click the "Send and Recieve" button. Anyone have any idea what may have changed, or how to force it to check automatically again? thanks We might if you posted your Outlook version, mail account type, and the connection type for that a...

setting up outlook 2003 connection to exchange server 2003
Hi my desktop disks crashed 7 months ago and I have been using my laptop (win 2k pro sp4 and outlook 2003 with vpn) for this time SUCCESSFULLY. I built a new desktop using win 2k SERVER (for the raid-mirror function). I am using the SAME settings to configure the outlook 2003 client in BOTH cases (hosts file in same location as in win2k pro, email account name, server name and vpn settings, authentication). in the article Q155048 the suggestion is made to ping the server, oddly enough I CANNOT ping microsoft.com nor the outsourced exchange server (time out), when the vpn is runni...

crm 3.0
Hi; We've recently upgraded to 3.0 from 1.2, and now only the domain admin user that performed the upgrade can see the "Settings" area in the nav bar. I have the System Admin and System Customizer roles, and yet when I log in as myself I do not see the Settings area. Doesn't seem to be permissions and the sitemap.xml looks fine. Anyone else seen this or can point me in the right direction? Thanks Dave Do you have the CRM for Outlook client running on your machine? There is a "feature" of the app that prevents the settings from displaying when the outl...

Linking a graph to a csv file
**Excel 2002 Hello, I'm sure this is exceedingly easy, but somehow, I'm screwing this up. I ultimately need to have a self- updating PowerPoint file (client mandates a ppt file). According to ppt's help, that means I have to use linked Excel graphs, not embedded ppt graphs. However, my programmer will be supplying me with tons of csv files. When I try to create an excel file with a data link to a csv file, it tells me that it can't update it unless I open the source file. I *can't* take the time to open each csv - there will be hundreds. What am I missing wi...

Office:mac v.X #2
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I have subject version of Office. I know that there must be updates to this so I can bring this up to date but I can seem to find the ones I need to start the process. Can someone get me to the beginning? Thanks!!! You can get the Office X 10.1.9 update here: http://snipurl.com/22zx4 On 3/30/08 3:09 PM, in article ee96b4c.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "AWOLGolfer@officeformac.com" <AWOLGolfer@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: v.X > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: intel &g...

Opening a new instance of Excel

Automatic Calculation #2
Why is automatic calculation keeps running even though there is no modification done in my spreadsheet? Thanks, Lucie Ch�nier What makes you think that excel is recalculating? If it's because you see Calculate in the statusbar, it could be... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=243495 XL: Calculate Message Remains in Status Bar If 65,536 Formula References "Lucie Ch�nier" wrote: > > Why is automatic calculation keeps running even though there is no > modification done in my spreadsheet? > > Thanks, > > Lucie Ch�nier -- Dave Peterso...

Quirky recent file list #2
Debra--- I do tend to open from Windows Explore more then File>Open. But I am saving the file. It's more that it is annoying when I close a file by accident and don't quite remember where it got saved on the server. Stacie -- SPenney ------------------------------------------------------------------------ SPenney's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1079 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=267592 Well, I guess you weren't the only one who wanted this behaviour changed. <g> If/when you upgr...

Excel Edit F2 button changed for Mac???

outlook 2000 help file

EXCEL TROUBLESHOOTING #2

Excel Crash

Import Palm files
Can anyone help me by telling me how to import palm files (dat files) into outlook. I want to import contact, calendar, etc Depends what you can export to from Palm Desktop. Personally, I've found this messy. Why not just get sync software that can sync your Palm with Outlook directly? Chapura Pocketmirror or Pumatech Intellisync are two ideas....or your Palm CD may have come with this option. F. Carvalho wrote: > Can anyone help me by telling me how to import palm files > (dat files) into outlook. I want to import contact, > calendar, etc ...

Default font for PowerPoint slide
PowerPoint Office 2001, Mac OS 9.1 Is there a way to set a default font so that every time I choose a blank presentation from the options shown in the "new slide" box that appears, the default text font and its various attributes will be as I want them -- say, Arial 24 pt. Right now every time I open a new blank slide, the default text font is Times 24 pt. How did it get to be that? Thanks for your patience - you can see that I don't use PP very much. :-/ I've also posted this to the microsoft.public.mac.office.powerpoint group. -- -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.c...

Exchange 2007 Evaluation version #2

How to set tab order for a dynamically created CEdit?
Anyone knows? Use SetWindowPos(...) and change the position in the z-order. -- Vipin Aravind <mdnightman@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1139117672.835639.159660@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Anyone knows? > Use SetWindowPos. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com <mdnightman@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1139117672.835639.159660@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Anyone knows? > ...