How to restore right click functionality for copy and paste?

Suddenly, I lost the ability to use copy and paste by right clicking my
mouse. Using Office 2000. Can you help? Thank you!!!
0
duncansk (2)

Press Alt/F11 (takes you to the VBE), then Ctrl/G (accesses the Immediate
window), then type this:
Commandbars("Cell").Reset
press enter, then return to Excel (Alt/Q) and things should be OK.
Bob Umlas
Excel MVP

"duncansk" <duncansk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Suddenly, I lost the ability to use copy and paste by right clicking my
> mouse. Using Office 2000. Can you help? Thank you!!!

Your solution to copy and paste worked. Thank you. However, I now have a
problem with "save as" on the file menu. Like with copy and paste, it is
"ghosted" and not functional. Incidently, I'm also getting an error message:
Program Error... Explorer.exe has generated errors and will be closewd by
Windows. You need to restart this(?) program. It's unclear to me whether this
is related to my excel issue and what program needs to be restarted. Excel is
closed each time this message appears.

Thank you

"Bob Umlas" wrote:

> Press Alt/F11 (takes you to the VBE), then Ctrl/G (accesses the Immediate
> window), then type this:
> Commandbars("Cell").Reset
> press enter, then return to Excel (Alt/Q) and things should be OK.
> Bob Umlas
> Excel MVP
>
> "duncansk" <duncansk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Suddenly, I lost the ability to use copy and paste by right clicking my
> > mouse. Using Office 2000. Can you help? Thank you!!!

0
duncansk (2)
8/11/2005 1:25:02 AM
Tools|customize|toolbars tab
select worksheet menu bar
click Reset

(I don't have a guess about the explorer.exe problem--maybe reinstall?)

--

Dave Peterson
0

There should be a way to restore the address book in outlook
The help file shows how to backup the address book to a .pst file but is nothing about RESTORE in the help fiile. Maybe it's called something else??? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid...

Paste Excel Object
I would like to copy a spreadsheet from Excel and paste it into a word document as an Excel Object. When I select print preview in Excel the spreadsheet shows up perfectly in a landscape format on one page. However, when I paste it into the word document in a landscape format it overruns the width of the page. Have tried changing margins but that hasn't worked well. I have also tried pasting some of the other formats (e.g., rich text, unformatted text, etc.) and they have not pasted well at all. Any suggestions as to how I can format this to achieve the same look on one page that I had...

Excel docs won't open from clicking file
I have a strange issue us Excel 2002. When I double-click on an excel document it only open the excel program and not the doc. I can then go to file|open and open it just fine and work on it etc. Excel seems to be OK other than this strange issue. Word and the other office programs don't do this at all??? I have checked and verified all folder options | files types, their associated open commands etc. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, Thanks- Hi Have a look at Tools/Option/General and uncheck 'Ignore other applications' if it's checked. Andy. "jayman" ...

System Restore does not go any further then Select a Restore Point
My system is windows XP had a new hard drive installed 2008 with more space on it. Don't know what happened to the recovery CD for it, don't have it now, I think that's probably what I would need to repair it, any other way to fix it. Need help any one thank you. System Restore does not go any further then Select a Restore Point, the (next) button does not function, because of a restoration to ''Software Distribution Service 3.0'' restore point was incomplete due to an improper shutdown. A system restore was necessary, I thought because I coul...

Exchange 2K restore from backup
Hi there We have a server running sbs2K. A couple of days ago a public folder was deleted from outlook. No one noticed for until today. We run complete backups of exchange using ntbackup. So I completed a current full backup. When I tried a restore from a 2 day old backup for the public information store the restored database failed to mount. It stated that the log files were inconsistant I then tried a full restore of both the public store and the mailbox store with the log files as well. This also failed in the same way. I have ended up restoring the current database which ran fine Being ...

Cannot insert/move/copy tabs
The sheets tab at the bottom of the screen? In excell I have a bunch of spreadsheets where the insert / delete / rename / etc... is greyed out. The File > Properties is also greyed out. I can make changes and save the doc, just not change the sheets -- Dave Sounds like the workbook is protected. Go to Tools on the menubar, then Protection. Unprotect the workbook. James David Allen wrote: > The sheets tab at the bottom of the screen? > In excell I have a bunch of spreadsheets where the insert / delete / rename > / etc... > is greyed out. The File > Properties is ...

Restoring a Database
I created a back-up of my RMS database using Store Operations manager. When I go to restore the databse on a different computer (at a different location), I get an "Unable to Restore Error 5- Access is Denied." I have the sa password the same on both machines. Any suggestins? ...

Copy/Paste
When copy and paste text with picture(photos).....select all, copy from an Outlook 2003 message body to Word 2003, I only get a square block; no image visible. Paste Special in this case has no option other than paste text. Can some one help please.!!??? See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/drwgrphcs/invisiblegraphics.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Popeye" <Popeye@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6675B674-4C5A-44E6-A662-615DC577C0AF@microsoft.com... > When copy and paste text with picture(photos).....select all, copy from an > Ou...

Public Folders Restore
Hi everyone We had a Public folder database crash and we need to restore it from the backup. We have 5 Exchange servers accross different sites, now, if we restore the public folder database does that mean that all old itens will come up and replicated to all other exchange with replicas of these public folders? Is there a way that we restore and select only certain itens to restoed after a given date or something like that? Thanks "GIG" <gig@gig.com> wrote: >We had a Public folder database crash and we need to restore it from the >backup. >We have 5 Exchang...

System Restore unable to restore
My Win XP system is working fine, however whenever I try to do a System Restore it fails and I don't know why. In the distant past I have successfully run System Restore and returned the machine to an earlier time, so I am reasonably confident with its operation. When System Restore is opened the calender box shows each possible restore point date in bold. Selecting one of these, the dialogue box reports a valid system check point for that day. Proceeding with a selected date the system shuts down, restarts, fully loads then announces the system cannot be restored to the s...

Form Copy
When working in -> Associate Money categories with tax form lines -> Form Copy -> field get and error insert a number between 1 and 255 What does this mean and and how do I know what nuber to input ? In microsoft.public.money, Thearn wrote: >When working in -> Associate Money categories with tax form lines -> Form >Copy -> field get and error insert a number between 1 and 255 What does this >mean and and how do I know what nuber to input ? What program are you using? In later versions of Money, you select the TaxForm and then you use a drop-down list for Form...

Back up and restore of Out look express.
Hi all, I backed up my "document and settings" and would like to get my address book restored in Outlook Express. Do you know what extension the Address book is? Can I import it? Thanks Brent Hauver www.sagehealthstore.com Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Po...

cells not right when save as html
When I save my workbook as an html page the formatting on my 45 degree cells at the top of the page are no longer at a 45 degree angle. Is it possible for this formatting? ...

Restore Exchange 2000 default permissions
is it possible to restore default permissions for the organisation in exchange 2000. At present anyone can open anyone else's mailbox!! Which i can't believe is the default. If there is no way to reset them can someone tell me what the permissions need to be so only the user and the administrators can access the mailboxes. My CEO is less than impressed that anyone can read his mail!! Cheers Minimum Permissions Required for Mailbox Stores and Public Folder Stores http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/StrPermwE2k3/2934133f-e3af-46a5-9369-1ece5843ff58.mspx?mfr...

How do I restore a file?
I accidentally saved a new file with the same name as an existing one, and clicked 'override', forgetting they were in the same location. How do I restore the original file that I accidentally overrode? In another post someone mentioned that I have to us my backup software...how do I do that? The file in question is not saved on my computer, it is saved on my Western Digital external hard drive. Thank you! The original is gone. If you don't have a backup of the original then it is gone permanently. Only you would know what backup procedures you keep to maintain ...

Right Mouse Click does not give me cut/patse menu in advanced find
When I want to cut and paste something, I used to be able tp "RT mouse, and select CUT (or PASTE), but with Outlook 2002, it does not work that way... Instead I get a box that says: Provides a space for you to type the words you want to locates. To look for two or more words or phrases, enclose them in quotation marks. To dosplay a list of the words you previously searched for, click the down arrow." I want to use the RT mouse to PASTE!!!! That is standard windows API. This is a pain in the butt! I know most you you might think this is a small issue, but old habits die hard, and t...

Copying contents CSV-XLS
Hi, Could someone please help me with the following macro? A folder contains lots of .csv files along with corresponding .xls files (file names are identical, except for the extension). The macro is supposed to open the xls file, open corresponding csv file, copy contents from csv to user-defined (Input box) sheet in xls, save and close, then goes to the next pair. The trouble seems to be with the line: also marked below: nam_0 = Left(nam_1, InStr(1, nam_1, ".csv") - 1) - where Excel says "Invalid procedure call or argument", but I have no clue why that wo...

pasting linked cell from Exc and maintaining formatting no matter
I am linking a data cell from Excel into Word. I am using the paste special, paste link: unformatted text I make adjustments to the font and font size in Word. I goto Excel, and I modify the text in the cell and go back to Word and it changes. How can I get the formatting to stay the same, no matter what? In the WOrd document, press Alt+F9 to display the field codes and add the \* charformat switch inside the closing }, replacing \* mergeformat if it is there. Now apply the desired formatting to the L of Link then press Alt+F9 again to toggle off the display of the field co...

Restoring a value
In the code below, I've attempted to check a value entered by the user and restore the original value if what was entered exceeds the maximum for the current application. So far, I've been unsuccessful in restoring what was saved at open time. Saving of the restored value (Me.ImageRatio = Ratio) using Me.Requery after the assignment statement gives a runtime error related to macro or function validation rule for the field. I have not set a validation rule in the property sheet for the control. What am I missing here? Bill ======(Application)==================== Option Compare Datab...

recurring email function
I know how to set up a recurring meeting invite or task, but does anyon know if you can set an email message to recur in Outlook 2000? If so how ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

writing more than one javascript functions for OnSave of an entity
Hi, I want to check whether value of an attribute (field) for an entity is null or not. I want to 'trim' the value before checking. As there is no built in trim function with javascript, I have a seperate function. I want this function to be available to whole javascript code so that I can check the values for all the required attributes. Where should I put this seperate trim function? regards... Hi, My favourite way is to dynamically define function in onLoad event and than use it in the Form, may be in onChange event. But this function will only be available in that partic...

Restore problem
I needed to recover C and D drives from two week old Drive Image files from the secondary HD ... had back ups to many programs on drives E&F ... operating system on C, program files on D: e.g. D:\Program Files\Microsoft Money. Everyone recovered and updated fine except MS Money 2003. Win2000 Pro system. After restoring the file from E:\backup\Money .. the files and program looks great ... but will no longer allow me to enter a transaction.... comes back, "This transaction can not be entered." Tried to create a new file (new name) and restore to it ...now system says it can not...

VBA function missing its parameters
I'm creating my first VBA Excel formula in a couple years. I can pic the formula in the list of available functions, but the function' parameter is not visible. If I assign the formula to the cell anyway the cell only shows: #NAME? So, even when I pick the formula from the module, Excel complains abou the name. For example, the formula in the cell looks like: =test.xls!Module3.DoubleText() I can force a parameter into the function call, =test.xls!Module3.DoubleText("abc") but it doesn't matter since Excel doesn't see the parameter in th function definition. The e...

EnumPrinters function doesn't work properly
Hello. I am writing a program that enumerates all local ant network printers. I want to check if the printer is ready / busy / error and therefore need to check PRINTER_INFO_2::Status. I enumerate the printers as follows: DWORD dwFlags = PRINTER_ENUM_CONNECTIONS | PRINTER_ENUM_LOCAL ; DWORD dwLevel = 2 ; DWORD cbBuf ; DWORD pcReturned ; LPPRINTER_INFO_2 pPrinterEnum = NULL ; // get needed size of PRINTER_INFO_2-struct and alloc memory: ::EnumPrinters( dwFlags, NULL, dwLevel, NULL, 0, &cbBuf, &pcReturned) ; pPrinterEnum = (LPPRINTER_INFO_2)LocalAlloc(LPTR, cbBuf + 4) ; if (!pPrinte...

stand-by server restore
I am currently installing Exchange 2003 to two identical member servers. In addition I have another identical server for recovery purposes. I'm using BackupExec 9 to backup Exchange databases. I'm familiar with the stand-by recovery server procedures, and have this server configured (identical OS/patches etc) to perform this role should it be required. However, is it possible to install Exchange 2003 on this server in an identical config to the other two servers (store name, path, virtual server config etc all identical) but with empty db stores? Then, should one of the ...