how to protect sheet from adding/deleting

I have a workbook on my website.(two sheets) I only want my people to view
and print these sheets. How can I protect from deleting or changing the data?
0
scott7693 (514)

Tools/Protection - "Protect Worksheet"

"Scott" wrote:

> I have a workbook on my website.(two sheets) I only want my people to view
> and print these sheets. How can I protect from deleting or changing the data?
0
Michael5492 (655)

SFO Error when adding account/contact
Hi - I've recently added a new user to our CRM system and she is using SFO. When she creates and saves a new contact or account she gets the general message "an error occored, please contact your system administrator" Here is the error message from the client's machine Event Viewer: Source: Microsoft CRM Category: None Event ID: 2 Description: MSCRM Platform Error Report -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: The form required to view this message cannot be displayed. Contact your administrator...

protecting outlined data
I want to be able to use the expand/collapse function in outlines when the worksheet is protected. Copy this macro in a normal module It will run automatic when you open the workbook You can also use the workbook open event Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") .Protect Password:="rbelecki", userinterfaceonly:=True .EnableOutlining = True End With End Sub Look in the VBA help for more information about protect(userinterfaceonly) -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "rbelecki" <rbelecki@l...

Password Protect Outlook #2
I work in an offcie environment and sometimes have to leave my PC unattended for just a few minutes. Unfortunately some confidential emails have been read by my staff and I need a way of safeguarding them other than turning off the PC, is there any way I can password protect access into my Outlook 2000, so all I do is close Outlook. (Sorry still operating under W95) Many thanks You can set a password on a Personal Folders File. If the folder list isn't visible in Outlook, click View | Folder List. Right-click the root folder (usually "Personal Folders" or "Outlook T...

Quicken Password protected
I just got Money 2004 Deluxe, I am trying to import my data from Quicken and the program says there is a password for my quicken account that is required, but I never had a password. No way to get past this. Any ideas? If your data file is Q04, Money04 can only deal with Q03 or older. Otherwise, who knows? "Stephen Weiss" <stephenaweiss@comcast.net> wrote in message news:012f01c3cb22$9a957ac0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I just got Money 2004 Deluxe, I am trying to import my > data from Quicken and the program says there is a password > for my quicken account that is req...

Does deleting a profile delete personal folders also?
Does deleting a profile delete personal folders also? Anjali wrote: > Does deleting a profile delete personal folders also? Only if you tell it to. It will ask whether you want to save the personal folders. (Or it certainly /used/to!) -- Gordon Burgess-Parker Systems and Management Accounting www.gbpcomputing.co.uk No. Deleting a mail profile deletes only settings, not data.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Powe...

Re: Specification sheet
Dear Aladdin I have had another look at selecting the various specification items via check boxes, and the best way to go about this is by using user-forms. The down side to this is the fact that there will be a certain amount of coding that will need to be done in order to get the form working in conjunction with the contractors works order. But by no means impossible. If you do not feel confident in doing it yourself, I am sure that there are a number of IT contractors in your area who would be willing to help. Another alternative, and possibly not viable for you, is to use a data...

Adding cells with a particular comment
Hi all, is there any simple to add all cells in a row which have a particular comment without using macro. pls help. Regards, NC HI, Use the SumIF function -- anurag. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- anurag.d's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=895 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31476 well i can use it for particular values but how to use it with comments. My problem is a particular comment for e.g "reject" or "accept" ia added to that cell, & ...

Password protection on split database
I have a database which is split into front end and back end. The front end is password protected but the backend isn't Is it possible to protect both with the same password? I've tried protecting the backend with a password but when I open the front end it can't "see" the backend. Any ideas? Thanks Tony Put a password on the backend, then, after opening the front-end, use the Linked Table Manager to update the links (just like you would if you had moved the backend). You should be prompted for the 'missing' password during this process. You should only...

How to protect 2. axis in an Excel Chart to stay if data changes
A Pivot table is created on Tab1 in an Excel workbook. On Tab2 there is a Line Chart created with data from Tab 1 using 2 axis. If data in Tab1 change the 2nd axis on Tab 2 disappears, jumps ober and overrules axis 1. How can I protect chart area with 2 axis being able to change referring data in the pivot table. ...

I Need to change reference sheet for all cells on a form
Good afternoon, I am copying a spreadsheet to make summary sheet and I need to change which sheet the cells are referncing on my copy. Some of the cells refer to for example, =PRIOR YEAR!B3, some of the cells use a command to Round(PRIOR YEAR!B3/100), I would like to change all the references that currently refer to "PRIOR YEAR" sheet and make them "CURRENT YEAR" sheet, so my references would look like this =CURRENT YEAR!B3 and Round(CURRENT YEAR!B3/100). I am curious if a paste special, or shortcut exists that can do this quickly so I dont have to go in and manual...

formula for adding / subtracting two columns .
Can't find formula to add or subtract two or three entire columns in a spread sheet Thank you Let's say we have numbers in two columns, column A and column B from rows 1 thru 100. In C1, enter: =A1+B1 and copy down thru C100 Column C will be the sum of columns A & B. To get the grand sum of columns A & B in a single cell, enter in an un-used cell: =SUM(A1:B100) -- Gary''s Student "jm" wrote: > Can't find formula to add or subtract two or three entire columns in a spread > sheet > Thank you Hi Try something like: =SUM(A:A)-SUM(B:B)-S...

Problem with 'Recently Added' in WMP 11
Hi, The recently added tool has always been pretty buggy but it was still very handy. I recently changed my HDD (cloned my old one) and now I am finding the recently added section always remains empty even when I get a brand new song. Don't know whats happening, I have cloned my HDD before and it was fine so am really stumped. Any thoughts? Thanks According to http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html : "If you're using a non-US locale format for your Date, the Recently Added feature won't work right (it likely won't show any content). Either go to the Regional a...

Deleting Parts of Cells
I have a list of information in a column. All the information has the format of having numbers and letters then a / and more data. I only want to look at the data to the left of the /. So, I would like the data to the right of the / deleted, including the /. For example, I need YYY9/5 to read YYY9. Any suggestions? You could bring it into Excel as a txt file open the txt file in excel Text Import Wizard will appear select >delimited check > other and type the "/" into the box finish you should have a separation where the / was. "GOL" wrote: >...

"Cannot shift objects off sheet"
I am new to Excel 2007. When I try to add rows/columns I get the message "Cannot shift objects off sheet". How do I fix this? http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Cannot+shift+objects+off+sheet http://blog.contextures.com/archives/2009/03/16/cannot-shift-objects-off-sheet-in-excel-2007/ http://support.microsoft.com/kb/211769 "Vickie" <Vickie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:54A28B3A-CE1C-4130-AA70-D0FFF300A319@microsoft.com... >I am new to Excel 2007. When I try to add rows/columns I get the message > "Cannot shift objects off sheet&quo...

Sorting Multiple Sheets
I have a workbook with multiple sheets. The main sheet has 2 columns, 1 for first name, 1 for last name. The remaining sheets all have formulas to pull the first and last names automatically from the 1st sheet. If a user sorts the names on the first sheet, they will sort on subsequent sheets, but the information that goes with those names on subsequent sheets will not be included in the sort, thereby misplacing information. Is there anyway to remedy this, short of sorting each sheet each time there is an addition to any one sheet? ...

Rule to Delete Message and then Remove it from Deleted Items?
Is it possible to make a rule to do the above? I tried using the "Permanently Delete" tinking maybe it was just a combination but it didn't work. I leave email on the server so doing it in two steps is the only way to remove it from the mail server. I have the rule to delete it but that puts it in the deleted items folder, how can I also (in the same rule) have it then remove it from there so it deletes it from the mail server? Thanks. ...

URGENT--View of deleted records in a related Entity
Dear All, I am facing a problem in a custom entity which is having a many to one relationship with system entity'Contacts'. Due to the relationship i have a lookup in custom entity from the system entity 'Contacts' using which user can choose the contact that which he or she wants to associate with that particular record of custom enity. Problem is when i delete the record of that particulat contact in entity 'Conatcts' the form of the custom entity still shows the name of that particular 'Contact' ( which is been deleted). It is creating a lot of proble...

Protection
Hi everyone OK my problem is I am using an offie computer that everyone has access to and we cannot - and do not want to - change this. Is there a way that I can put a password for my profile on Microsoft outlook so that no one can read the new AND the old messages found in my inbox? You can put a password on your PST file, presuming you use a PST file... Emad Kamel wrote: > Hi everyone, > OK my problem is I am using an offie computer that everyone has > access to and we cannot - and do not want to - change this. Is there > a way that I can put a password for my profile on Micr...

CANNOT PROTECT
Trying to password and read only protect a Microsoft Word docuement that is embedded in Excel. When I open the "protected" document, the read-only prompt does not appear...and I can still make changes and close the docuement. HELP! Try this: create the document directly in word, protect it and save it to disk. Then copy the text you want and past it special as an OLE object in excel Peter ...

Recover deleted transactions
Hello, I deleted a number of transactions from my account and would like to recover them. Is there a setting that I can do to re download those transactions during synchronization? Regards, Omar In microsoft.public.money, Omar Khorshed wrote: > >I deleted a number of transactions from my account and would like to recover >them. Is there a setting that I can do to re download those transactions >during synchronization? File->Restore is good. There may be ways that would work in some instances, but File->Restore should work easily across the board for those with a sui...

delete section break
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I can't seem to replace a section break with a page break. I can put in a page break, but not delete the section break. Can't select it or delete from one end or the other. Help! I think you are in the wrong group. Word has section breaks, Excel does not. See the Excel help topic "Adjust page breaks before printing" On 15/05/10 3:43 AM, in article 59bb8790.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "numeracy@officeformac.com" <numeracy@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 Ope...

quick copy worksheet into other sheets in same workbook
I am wanting to copy a worksheet that is set up to show student results, targets and achievements into approximately 150 other worksheets in the same workbook. Is there a quick way of doing this other than copying and pasting? I want formats, colours and column widths etc to stay the same. In other words I want to produce about 150 identical copies of my layout as quickly as possible with the minimum of effort. I am using Excel 2003. Thanks in advance for any help and advice offered Right-click on the worksheet tab and select "Move or Copy", then use the dialog box that appear...

Adding a blank row, or "All" to top of Combobox list
Hello! I am working in 2007, I found some code in Help that showed me how to add an All, or None, to the top row of a combo or list box. The code was called, AddAllToList and you set your row source type property to the code. I am a proffecient programmer, but have never done this type of thing. Well, it works GREAT!! But, my users are able to navigate off the form, add a new record or update the records, and return to the form. I need to code to rebuild the combobox and it is not. It appears it does not rebuild on the Requery method. I have pasted the code below It se...

Unable to delete the Dead Domain controller
Dear, Iam working on windows server 2008 Ent Ed I have two doman controllers in the domain both are GC but only one domain controller has all the fsmo roles but iam having replicattion problems with the dead DC (i.e mppkw-database) and Iam unable to delete or remove the dead domain controller from the domain and iam having follwing problems using the ntdsutil :- matadata cleanup select operation target: list domains Found 1 domain(s) 0 - DC=mediaphoneplus,DC=com select operation target: select domain 0 No current site Domain - DC=mediaphoneplus,DC=com No current server N...

Spreadsheet password protection
How do you password protect a spreadsheet. I can't find anything in the help section. You can prevent un authorised access by giving a password to open the workbook itself, so that no one else can open it (Go to Tools, Options and then Security Tab). You can do it there if you have already saved the file, or you can go to "save as" then "Tools" and "General Options" where you can give password. On the other hand you can protect work sheets and ranges for different people by using "Tools" and then "Protection" Tab -- M Imran Buha...