How to print a list of documents in folder

I AM USING EXCEL TO MAINTAIN A PERMANENT LIST OF WORK
ORDER DOCUMENTS.  I WANT TO TAKE MY NUMERICAL LIST OF
DOCUMENTS AS THEY APPEAR WHEN I OPEN THE FOLDER AND PRINT
THEM TO USE AS AN INDEX.

CAN ANYONE GIVE ME DIRECTION ON HOW TO ACCOMPLISH THIS
TASK?
0
ernieo (1)

Ernie,

Try this which lists the files, and create and modify dates

Sub SubGetMyData()

Dim objFSO As Object
Dim objFolder As Object
Dim objFile As Object
Dim iRow As Long

    iRow = 1
    Set objFolder = objFSO.GetFolder("c:\MyTest\")
    For Each objFile In objFolder.Files
            Cells(iRow, 1).Value = objFile.Name
            Cells(iRow, 2).Value = objFile.DateCreated
            Cells(iRow, 3).Value = objFile.DateLastModified
            iRow = iRow + 1
    Next
End Sub

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"ERNIE ORNELLAS" <ernieo@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> I AM USING EXCEL TO MAINTAIN A PERMANENT LIST OF WORK
> ORDER DOCUMENTS.  I WANT TO TAKE MY NUMERICAL LIST OF
> DOCUMENTS AS THEY APPEAR WHEN I OPEN THE FOLDER AND PRINT
> THEM TO USE AS AN INDEX.
>
> CAN ANYONE GIVE ME DIRECTION ON HOW TO ACCOMPLISH THIS
> TASK?

0
bob.phillips (411)
9/10/2003 6:47:30 AM
You could simply open the folder, then hit ALT + Print Scrn, then go to Word
(or Paint) and Paste, then print this out.

or look at:

http://www.csun.edu/itr/guides/winnt-folderlist.html

MRO

"ERNIE ORNELLAS" <ernieo@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> I AM USING EXCEL TO MAINTAIN A PERMANENT LIST OF WORK
> ORDER DOCUMENTS.  I WANT TO TAKE MY NUMERICAL LIST OF
> DOCUMENTS AS THEY APPEAR WHEN I OPEN THE FOLDER AND PRINT
> THEM TO USE AS AN INDEX.
>
> CAN ANYONE GIVE ME DIRECTION ON HOW TO ACCOMPLISH THIS
> TASK?

XML Desialization of array list
Here's a simple example (VB.NET): Option Strict What would the code look like to deserialize this example? Imports System Imports System.Collections Imports System.IO Imports System.Xml.Serialization Public Class App1 Shared Sub Main() Dim list As ArrayList = New ArrayList() Dim out As StreamWriter = New StreamWriter("array.xml") Dim ser As XmlSerializer = New XMLSerializer(list.GetType()) list.Add("a") list.Add("2") list.Add("three") ser.Serialize(out, list) End Sub End Class Peter,...

Double entries of personal folders!?!
Hi, I'm having some problems with one of my machines running Outlook 2003. I have redirected the *.pst file to a file (on my network) that I earlier used from an Outlook 2000. When I now open my new Outlook I get two personal folders in the list (to the left). They both hold the same contents and I can't remove any of them. This causes several problems for me. Is there a way to purge all the contents in Outlook 2003 and start all over again? Regards, /LS You have a corrupted mail profile; Create a new profile (do not copy it); Control Panel-> Mail-> button Show Profil...

printing copies

Ghosted print and print preview

Print Dynamic Range

TCP/IP printing

Unapprove POs not listed to approve
I just created about 10 POs using various users that I have setup with approval limits. It worked where certain users could only approve certains amounts etc. However, when I log into GP as a user with unlimited and can approve any POs, these new POs are not listed. I checked the POA4003 table and NONE of these POs appear, so they can't be approved. BTW: We just paid our $50,000 enchanement fee and of course, I spent over 30 minutes trying to find anything about this issue in TK, but found nothing, which makes it hard for me to believe that I have yet again found a UNIQUE probl...

Printing booklet

Disable View by Group for all Folders at once?
When I recently upgraded to Outlook 2003, a number of new settings went into affect. I would prefer that this not occur, but luckily most I have been able to deal with, one by one (e.g., the stupid, annoying paperclip started showing up in all Microsoft programs I use immediately after upgrading to Outlook 2003). Anyhow, I would like to be able to disable the View option to Arrange By/Show In Groups for all of my Outlook folders. Seems I have to do it on a folder by folder basis which is unacceptable with the number of folders I maintain for work. Does anyone know how to disable Show In...

Check printing in GP 7.0

How do I stop my Publisher 2003 document from saving as a webpag.
When I save a particular publication ( a newsletter) in Publisher 2003 as a Publisher 2000 document (so I can work on it elsewhere) it opens as a web page instead of a print document. When I convert it back to print, I lose a few inches of print on the left page that just don't print even when I change the margins. The missing print shows on the screen normally, it is only in print preview and on paper that it cuts off. Can I stop this from happening? Can I retrieve the missing print? Please help! You may have to reconstruct this publication. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://off...

"Tiled" print setting.

VS 2008 Error List
I've updated a reference in my VS.NET 2008 web project that I know will cause errors (methods no longer supported, etc). The class is used by multiple pages in my project, however when I build or rebuild the project, only the errors on any file(s) are shown in the Error List. If a file with an error is not open it is not listed in the Error List. Is there a setting for this or another way to cause the Error List to show all project errors? "smay" <smay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:430005A6-A023-48CD-980B-3991450CDBEF@microsoft.com... ...

CHtmlView and Printing

Problems with printing

Permissions in Public Folders/Contacts
First off I'm running SBS2003 and Exchange 2003. Here is my problem. I am new to the 2003 platform as i've been used to using NT 4.0 and Exchange 5.5. I want to give my users read/write/delete permissions in the public folders as well as the public contact lists that has all the contacts we all use on a daily basis. I do not however want these folks to have full administrator capabilities. How do i go about doing this in exchange 2003. Also, where in the heck do you find the Que where all the crap messages are stored. Is there a built in spam filter??? Thanks, Ryan Hi Ry...

Printing--How not to Print Bkground

Printing in Vista

List a ranking
I'm a newbie at this, so help is appreciated. I have an Excel sheet like this: Team A .600 =rank(b1,b1:b3) Team B .750 =rank(b2,b1:b3) Team C .300 =rank(b3,b1:b3) I want to get another cell to list how far they are from the #1 rank. So, cell d1 should be equal to .150 and d3 equal to .450. The percentages will change frequently, so it needs to figure out what is #1. I know I could just do =b2-b1 and b2-b3, but only because I can see the b2 is the highest percentage. Am I making sense? Is there a way to do this? TIA. BR =MAX($B$1:$B$3)-B1 etc. -- HTH RP ...

How do you customize the 'Print View'?

Printing problem

can't get to documents without extra steps
Clicking on the desktop shortcut to my files, choosing a document brings up only a blank word document. I then have to go to file on the blank document and through all the other files and documents to choose the one I want. Finally it will open. The shortcut used to take me directly to what I wanted. Why has that stopped working? Have you tried recreating that desktop shortcut? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "dhparker" <dhparker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

Importer skips folders and messages
Dear, We wrote a solution to import our user's non Outlook account using Redemption. This solution has been working fine and now a user reported that it skips folders for some account. Solution import some folders then skips and import again. We could not reproduce in-house with same data. We are using Outlook 2003 (11.8313.8221). Is there any Outlook settings which could interfare? Sorry, I know its general question but we are confuse about what cause this strange behaviour. Thanks in advance. Regards, MA Since no one here knows what settings you're talking...