How to print 2000+ characters seen in formula bar? #2

Formula bar shows +1024 characters, screen only shows 1024.  Printer only
prints 1024.  How can I print all?
0
Curious (49)

Add some alt-enters to force new lines within the cell.

Use a smaller font.
Widen the column width
lengthen the row height.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@netscape.com

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> Add some alt-enters to force new lines within the cell.
>
> Use a smaller font.
> Widen the column width
> lengthen the row height.
>

> Curious wrote:
> >
> > Formula bar shows +1024 characters, screen only shows 1024.  Printer only
> > prints 1024.  How can I print all?
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson
> ec35720@netscape.com

0
Curious (49)
11/9/2004 8:24:02 AM
That's too bad.

I put this formula in A1:
="xxx"& REPT(REPT("asdf ",25)&CHAR(10),58)&"yyy"

And adjusted the columnwidth, rowheight and font size and I got about 7300
characters to print ok.

--

Dave Peterson
0

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> That's too bad.
>
> I put this formula in A1:
> ="xxx"& REPT(REPT("asdf ",25)&CHAR(10),58)&"yyy"
>
> And adjusted the columnwidth, rowheight and font size and I got about 7300
> characters to print ok.
>

> Curious wrote:
> >
> > Thanks, but none of your suggestions work.  I'm using Excel 2003 by the way.
> >
> > "Dave Peterson" wrote:
> >
> > > Add some alt-enters to force new lines within the cell.
> > >
> > > Use a smaller font.
> > > Widen the column width
> > > lengthen the row height.

> > > --
> > >
> > > Dave Peterson
> > > ec35720@netscape.com
> > >

> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
Curious (49)
11/10/2004 1:34:03 PM
Transfer the text to a Text Box.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 05:34:03 -0800, "Curious"
<Curious@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Yes, your formula worked for me too (after changing the commas to semicolons :)
>I now see what the problem is.  After about 1125 characters, the text stops
>wrapping so I see much less text on screen.  If you type in your formula and
>then  adjust the column width to less than the length of the sentence, you
>can check if it happens to you too.  Why does the wrap stop working?  How can
>I repair it?  I don't want to have to manually type in Alt-enters according
>to the width of the cell.  I'm posting a new thread on that.
>Thanks
>
>"Dave Peterson" wrote:
>
>> That's too bad.
>>
>> I put this formula in A1:
>> ="xxx"& REPT(REPT("asdf ",25)&CHAR(10),58)&"yyy"
>>
>> And adjusted the columnwidth, rowheight and font size and I got about 7300
>> characters to print ok.
>>

>> Curious wrote:
>> >
>> > Thanks, but none of your suggestions work.  I'm using Excel 2003 by the way.

>> --
>>
>> Dave Peterson

0
Gord

Installation problem with Outlook 2000: 'The operation failed due to an installa
I installed Outlook 2000 on a laptop, which already had some of the Office 2002 products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). When I try to open Outlook I get an error message 'The operation failed due to an installation problem. Restart Outlook and try again. If the problem persists, please reinstall'. I uninstalled and reinstalled Outlook a couple of times, but still the same problem. Does anyboday have an idea what the problem could be and how it could be solved? ...

Fix #2
Hi! The word, *FIX* is always present in my Excel Status Bar (lower, right-hand corner of the screen). What message, is this conveying? Do I need to take corrective action? If so, what corrective action? Regards, Mick. -- mick2 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mick2's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24143 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=378337 It means that your workbook is set to always set the decimal point at a certain place when you enter a number (typically 2)....

2 calendars
Can I have 2 separate calendars in outlook 2002? If so, how? If not, how come? It's as simple as File | New | Folder. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "dbaca21" <dbaca21@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:67b001c47579$586f2c70$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Can I have 2 separate calendars in outlook 2002? If so, > how? If not, how come? Thank You! >-----Original Message----- >It's as simple as Fi...

2 buttons change to 1 button for one go
Hello, I have 2 buttons to append data, 1st to put the file into a folder, the 2nd is to make an append from that folder. How can I make it to be just one button. This is my VBA: The 1st one: On Error GoTo Err_SendtoOutbox_Click Call Shell("xcopy C:\Churchdata\BkEnd\Hahomion_be.mdb C:\Churchdata\ChurchdataConso\BkEnd\Hahomion_be.mdb/y") Exit_SendtoOutbox_Click: Exit Sub Err_SendtoOutbox_Click: MsgBox Err.Description Resume Exit_SendtoOutbox_Click End Sub The 2nde one: Private Sub HFSUPDate_Click() On Error GoTo Err_HFSUPDate_Click ...

printing copies

wrap text in a chart data table #2
Hi, Im have created a graph, which ive had no problem, but i when i click the option to "show data table" i cannot get the titles to wrap to the box, i have searched but i cannot find an option to wrap the text as i need it for a presentation. I do not want to just simply alter the font size if possible. Is there anyway of doing this? ...

Mail Merge Outlook 2000
I am trying to create mailing labels. I select "Tools" "Mail Merge" "All Contacts" "Current View" "New Document" "Permanant File" (with appropriate file name) "Mailing Labels" "OK" When the Word page opens I select "Create Mailing Labels" and select the proper type. I then insert the fields that I want (first and last name, home address, city, state, and zip). I click OK. I then "Get Data" using the appropirate Outlook folder. I then "Merge" all records to "New Document&...

Scroll bar #3
I have a workbook with two sheets - the first sheet has information in 130 rows and it scrolls down just right and stops at row 130. However, the second sheet has the same information copied into it and it scrolls on the row number side in regular speed, but the scroll bar itself on the right, barely moves. Is there a way to adjust it so that it will move quickly through the rows to the bottom like page 1? -- ~ Cheri Hi maybe the used range has to be reset. See: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Cheri" <Cheri@dis...

Ghosted print and print preview

Formula's
I am setting up a report from a query that has multiple products (36), shipping locations (1,500)/ types (2), retail price for each product at each location, and amount sold from each location per product/location. What I need this report to do is to have one line per product that has four total fields. Two type fields that will count the number locations per the type. In the third field, calculate the average retail price. The last field would then sum the total items sold (all locations). My problem is creating the correct formula’s, I have little experience with access formulas. Wh...

sumproduct .. validating 2 criterias (multiple tabs)
hi guys, i am trying to add additional functionality to my Project Budget Expendature worksheet of which some of you may have seen. anyways, the idea is to have sumproduct calculate all items that have the same GL code & date of which it was purchased (date of purchase) currently i have the following TAB: Spend Calendar ROW C8:N8 = Month #'s (Jan, feb ect) COL B13:B36 = GL Codes (130000,190000 ect) TAB: 001-013 (13 tabs) CELL C6 = Date of Purchase COL C24:C37 = GL Codes of each item within the purchase COL J24:J37 = Total cost of the item which the GL Code is related to can someon...

Outlook 2000 crashing #3
Hi, I hope that someone can help me out here. I have recently installed Outlook 2000 onto XP Service Pack 1. Whenever I click send/receive (and there is an email waiting to download), Outlook closes and I receive the following error. AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 9.0.0.2416 ModName: rtfhtml.dll ModVer: 9.0.0.2603 Offset: 00029337 I had recently set one of the office machines up to share contacts which seemed to work quite well. Any ideas? ...

TCP/IP printing

Print Dynamic Range

Printing booklet

year conversion in date fields eg 1900 to 2000
I moved a existing database from foxpro to access 2000. The dates in foxpro had a 2 digit year and when brought in to access it converted them to 1900 (eg. 11/12/00 to 11/12/1900 instead of 11/12/2000). Is there a way in access to convert (replace) only the year of vaious dates to another year. If this is not possible is there a way to prevent this while converting? thanks alex An update query can work for this. Something like this: UPDATE TableName SET [DateFieldName] = DateAdd("yyyy", 100, [DateFieldName]) WHERE Year([DateFieldName]) = 1900; -- Ken Snell <MS...

Check printing in GP 7.0

Dynamic Chart Titles #2
Hello, I am having a problem with a dynamic chart title and saving, closing and then re-opening the workbook and the chart title still being dynamic. On Sheet2 of my workbook I have some drop-down menus in cells B2:E2. On Sheet7 of my workbook in cells BA1:BA3 I have Concatenation formulas that I want to use as my Chart titles. For example: =CONCATENATE("This is my " Sheet2!$B$2, " ", "chart.") I named the ranges on Sheet7, BA1 is named "FAC", BA2 is named "POD" and BA3 is named "NAF". I then added a text box to my first char...

MS Money and 2 PC's...
What is the most effective way to keep MS Money synched between a PC and a laptop? Any suggestions? (and yes, of course, only running one at a time) But I keep my records up to date from work (laptop) and then work from my desktop PC when at home. Any suggestions? "Raichean" <Raichean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16EF1DE6-1D33-40B7-A168-8B740052030A@microsoft.com... > What is the most effective way to keep MS Money synched between a PC and a > laptop? Any suggestions? (and yes, of course, only running one at a > time) > But I keep my ...

"Tiled" print setting.

CHtmlView and Printing

Problems with printing

I'm stumped about a formula
My husband has a propane business and wants me to make a budget plan fo his customers. I'm new at working with Excel and have tried everythin I know to do. What I want is for it to add the figures then make a estimate about what it would be for a monthly avarage for them to pay a budget). Can anyone help me with the formula I need t use??:confused: :confused: :confused Attachment filename: budget sheet.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=52750 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If it's just an average y...