How to pick a biggest data from a group of data? #2

Thanks,I meet another question:

I have some data with a date in he format below

03/11/1998
03/12/1998
03/13/1998
03/16/1998

I want to convert them into

I tried to set the cell property,but it didn't work.
Could you please help to give me a formular to do so?
Thanks in advance

--
yoyo200
yoyo2000's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1548

Use the custom number format yyyymmdd

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 17:05:43 -0500, yoyo2000
<yoyo2000.1epdam@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote:

>Thanks,I meet another question:
>
>I have some data with a date in he format below
>
>03/11/1998
>03/12/1998
>03/13/1998
>03/16/1998
>
>I want to convert them into
>
>19980311
>19980312
>19980313
>19980316
>
>I tried to set the cell property,but it didn't work.
>Could you please help to give me a formular to do so?
>Thanks in advanced

0
anonymous (74721)
10/25/2004 10:21:40 PM
Myrna provided you with the answer.
  Format (menu), Cells, Custom,
     yyyymmdd

0
dmcritchie (2586)

dates from a data validation
I need to set up dates to automatically populate from a data validation drop down box for a time sheet that I am making for work. The data validation box is F25 and the boxes that I need to auto populate when each one is selected for the pay periods are boxes C29-I29 and K29-Q29, which is monday through friday for each pay period over 2 7 day weeks. Does anyone know how I can do this relatively easily? C29:I29 is seven days, not Monday to Friday Same for K29:Q29 Maybe try this and see if it is close. In C29 enter =$F$25+COLUMN()-3 Copy that across to I29 In K29 ...

Estimated Data size for 3-5 years
Dears, I was looking for a document that give me an idea or talking about how to estimate Microsoft Dynamics GP database Growth and size. Any one could help me in this? I found an article on MSDN but it is about SQL server and it needs to go throw all GP tables and finde the size of each field and calulate that number. I have the following GP system: POP module FA module And Financial Module Any help? Best regards, Hi Hasan, It really depends on the number of transactions that go through your system. If I had to guess at an average, I would say a database in use for 3-5 years would ...

upgrade #2
Is an upgrade possible from the 98 version of publisher to the 2003 version? My office uses the 03 version and I have 98 on my personal computer. Even though I have purchased a new computer it does not help me to upgrade to the new 07 version because I can't easily move back and forth with the software in our office. I can no longer find a link that will give me a definitive answer but my instinct says it will work. HOWEVER...you may find it difficult to purchasing the 2003 upgrade. Pub 2007 has been out for several months and fewer and fewer places are selling the older software....

Can't unlink groups of tasks
I am setting up a Project 2003 file for a project involving inspections of 30 facilities. I would like to track them a decrete groups of tasks in the same file. Each facility consists of the same tasks repeated with only the start date different. I created the tasks and timelines for the first facility, got the dependencies and constraints straight, formated the bars and labels, etc. I then copied that group of tasks, changed the facility label for each facility. When I tried to adjust the start date for the second and third groups of tasks, ALL the start dates changed. I checke...

Posting to closed year #2
Hi there We need to make an adjustment to a closed year. We have opened the year\period... and the accounts allow posting to history. But when we post the transaction it errors out and states . Transaction error-edit required We cannot see where the transaction needs editing. I cannot seem to find reletive info on the KB either. Any one have a step by step to ensure we are not missing anything Thank you Tami Did you follow Article ID : 851423? The only thing I think that could be the problem is that you are trying to correct a transactions that goes beyong the first closed year. ...

Data base
I need to know as the table is called where registo keeps from the TPV arelysas HI I think you are talking about the Configuration table which store the information of store also there is table name called "register" please describe your main purpose and what exactly you are asking. Hope this will help you. "arelysas" wrote: > I need to know as the table is called where registo keeps from the TPV > > arelysas ...

Relative Reference #2
Hi, My question is I have a row and a column of values. I am trying to multiply the row by column and display it in a row format. eg Row 3 5 2 5 Column 1 4 5 6 I want the product to be displayed as 3 20 10 30 by using relative reference. It doesnt work for me. Pl. let me know if anyone has any idea. Thanks Hi! Assume: A1:D1 = 3;5;2;5 A3:A6 = 1;4;6;5 =A1*INDEX($A3:$A6,COLUMNS($A:A)) Copy across as needed. Biff "Hari" <Hari@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12430877-E274-482E-8F16-856C2...

money 2005 #2
HI all, anybody seen screenshots of money 2005 yet?? Ivan No, there would not be any because I believe M2005 is still under beta-testing. "Ivan Debono" <ivanmdeb@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OS9scd4VEHA.1152@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > HI all, > > anybody seen screenshots of money 2005 yet?? > > Ivan > > maybe some would have leaked out :) "A.A. Fussy" <amarks@austarnet.com.au> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:usbD5X$VEHA.1380@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > No, there would not be any because I believe M2005 is still under > beta-t...

Paying upgrade price instead of Full version price... #2
Is there such of thing as an upgraded version that you can buy intead of having to get a whole package when you already own last year's? Thanks a lot! Not as such but by shopping around you can usually find an offer with a mail in rebate that brings the price down. If I remember around the time M2004 was released people were talking about net prices of around 15 bucks. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "Bis" <anonymous@discussions....

How to Trap Rogue Data ?
I have an application that generates hourly system performance logfiles which I graph to look for long term trending. The metric I use gradually varies from 1% to about 15% depending on various external factors - such as time of day and day of week. My problem is that the logfiles sometime hiccup and generate bad data resulting is huge spikes in my curve. I have trapped for the big ones > 20% in my source data but I need something smarter so I can catch large deviations from the curve. Unfortunately I do not have the option to fix the application that generated the bad data. Are ther...

Can't see Groups in Global Address List
I have created a group on the exchange server using the following method AD Users and Group Action, New, Grou Named the Group Managers, Group Scope: Global, Group Type: Distributio Finis My expectation is that I would now see the Manager Group in the Global Address List in Outlook. That is not the case. I can only see it if I select "Groups" on the "All Address Lists". How do I get that Manager Group to show up in the GAL in Outlook? Thanks - "Zanshin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have created a group on the exchange server using ...

Missing function in Excel 2003 #2
I have a user that is complaining about a missing function in Excel 2003. He calls it a "Coalition matrix", I have never heard of it before. He used to have it in Excel 2000. Any ideas? Hi never heard about this. Maybe he has to install the Analysis Toolpak Addin ('tools - addins'). "Galldrian" wrote: > I have a user that is complaining about a missing function in Excel > 2003. He calls it a "Coalition matrix", I have never heard of it > before. He used to have it in Excel 2000. Any ideas? > Never heard of a coalition matrix. The Analysi...

show duplicates of 2 tables
Hi, I have 2 table which have identical fields and I wish to create a table from the duplicates found. The wizard does the opposite it takes out the duplicates. How do I go about it? Cheers -- Paul Wilson On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 15:37:00 -0800, Paul Wilson <PaulWilson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I have 2 table which have identical fields and I wish to create a table from >the duplicates found. The wizard does the opposite it takes out the >duplicates. > >How do I go about it? > >Cheers Create a Query joining the tables on *all* the fields w...

XLS2000 IE6 No Data Sort
I've got users with IE6 and Office 2000 who are opening XLS sheets from the web. From the IE browser the Data menu appears but is not functional. I attemped to unlock the toolbar and move it so that none of the menus were covered up thinking this might help. Office XP (2002) with IE 6 works just fine, problem is I have 1500+ users on Office 2000. Can anyone offer any suggestions? I've check permissions on file, users rights on PC and Office/OS updates. Craig ...

Configuring Outlook #2
Hai, I have to configure my outlook while working in my system everyday. I'm not able to view my mails which are sent to me the previous day or week. Please help me how do i configure my outlook in such a way that I get my mails regularly without any difficulty. send me a reply as soon as possible. regards, Solomon ...

RMS add-ons #2
We're considering purchasing RMS and are interested in what appears to be a wide variety of 3rd party add-on products. Is there a place I can see all of the RMS related products? Brian, There is always Solution Finder, but you need access to CustomerSource which is only available when you are an RMS customer. If you would like a list of customizations for RMS produced by my company, RITE, please email me and I'd be happy to get you some information. -- Thank you, Ryan Sakry Program Manager Retail Information Technology Enterprises (RITE) rsakry@rite.us http://www.rite.us 32...

Can't see any data in Workflow Monitor
Hey there, Have been finalising my server install and re-adding Opportunities to the newer Workflow. But as doing this I now cannot see any data records whatsoever in the Workflow Monitor. It tells me how many items are Active/Paused ..etc in the Summary creen, but when I got to have them listed no data appears and claims that there are no Active/Paused ..etc records? No idea as to why???????? ...

Journal Entry Data Dump
Our auditors want a data dump (into Excel preferably) of all Journal Entries made during our fiscal year. Does anyone know of a way to accomplish this? Thanks! Kurt, You can do this in SmartList, under Account Transactions. Limit the transaction date range to get just your fiscal year. Remember to change the number of transactions SmartList brings back, since by default it's only 1000. Also, if you get more than about 65,000 transactions back, you will run into Excel limitations, so you may want to break this up further - maybe one export per month. Hope that helps. -- Vict...

E-mail Delivery Issues to Group within a Group
Here is an example of a prevailing issue we are experiencing. Our Exchange servers are running Windows 2003, EX2003SP1, and PCs using Office 2003. We have a distribution group called BPMI_PME_MGRS in our address book in Outlook. The problem is that this group does not always deliver e-mails to all the members in the group unless the user sending the email clicks the pluses (expands the groups) repeatedly so that all names within the distribution list appear in the email. If they do not click the pluses, the email is not always received by all the group members and no failure notice i...

Excel: How do I group columns?
How do I group columns? And how do I compare data in columns, highlighting like data? Thx Steve Hi Steve not sure what you mean by 'group' - there is an option under the data menu called group & outline / group which is basically an alternative to hiding columns? is this what you're after? as for comparing data in columns - check out http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm -- Cheers JulieD check out www.hcts.net.au/tipsandtricks.htm ....well i'm working on it anyway "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4C4C5B35-9A81...

Error #8270 #2
Hello, everyone. O need some real help here... Here is my case: We have Win2003 network (one forest, 2 domains A & B) with Exchange 2003 running. Under domain B, we setup ca. 25 child domains. We have setup Exchange server 2003 for domain A (but rarely used). We have also setup Exchange 2003 for domain B where everybody'd email reside in. They are all under same organization name. Starting sometime ago, I noticed constant error message, event 8270 from domain B's Excahnge server application log: Source: MSExchangeAL Event ID 8270 Category: LDAP operations Description: LDAP ...

Publisher 97 compatibility #2
Can the new publisher 07 handle files created in publisher 97, same for excell Publisher 2007 can open 97 files, 2007 has the old WordArt as part of the program. In earlier versions you had to have an add-in to access the old WordArt. Can't speak to the Excel issue. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "olttom" <olttom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:38473D7F-42BE-407A-B4FF-E395CEB30C7D@microsoft.com... > Can the new publisher 07 handle files created in publisher 97, same for exce...

GP 9.0 SP3
Hi, I'm a user running GP 9.0 SP 1. If I upgrade to SP 3, does that service pack include the hotfix for the recent changes to the W-2 form, or is that separate? Thanks for your time! ...

System Reply #2
Hi, I have an user in my organization which after accepting an appointment from another user, after a couple of minutes, he receives a system email like the following: _____________________ De : Administrateur système Envoyé : vendredi 16 mars 2007 15:09 À : /O=OrganizationName/OU=EUROPE/cn=Recipients/cn=EUROPE/cn=IT Services/cn=AEUROPE Objet : Non remis : Acceptée : test appointment Certains des destinataires ou tous les destinataires n'ont pas reçu votre message. Objet : Acceptée : test appointment Date : 16/03/2007 15...

Restricting query data
I have a query set so I pull DISTINCT dates in the SQL from 1/1/08 thru 12/31/08 to take out duplicate accounts, this works great when I run the report quarterly or yearly but I need to run this report monthly. I have 3 tables that work together and these dates are coming from my Activities table, I keep track of when I have had contact with them. I am looking to only count these people 1 time in a year (filter by start date does not work is it is driven by actibvity date) for example if I work with them in 1/08 run my report in 1/08 they should show up. If I work with them in 2/0...