How to Paste Link a cell with color and maintain the color

0
Link (3)

cannot modify linked tables in A 2003
In a front-end/back-end application created in A 2000 I cannot modify or add data in the linked tables if I open the front-end in A 2003. In A 2002 everything still worked fine. Refreshing the links using the linked table manager does not solve the problem. Who has experienced the same problem and found the solution? Hello, Try adding a primary key in the back-end database and then refresh the links. Ki ...

Paste special treats cells as a picture
I just got a new computer, and a newer version of excel, which is great, but whenever I try to copy from one file to another, my paste special function treats the copied cells as a picture. Instead of the normal paste special popup, where it asks me how I want the data to come out, I get a different popup that shows the source as a "Microsoft Office Excel Worksheet Object." It asks me what format I want the picture to come out as, and gives me a list of different file formats. If I try to just paste a link, it puts a picture of the other file on the new one. I talked to so...

Subform combobox won't populate from linked table
My Access 2003 database is shared across a network using a front end for forms and a back end for data. After a recent upgrade of hardware I am having problems with one desktop pc that will load the subform except that one combo box (out of many) remains blank. The combo box like all the others in the form is using data from linked tables. I have refreshed the link for that table for that machine but have been unable to get the combo to populate with data. I have also tried it with different user templates using full Access install and Access runtime without results. Does an...

Will excel 2003 format a cell to the year?
It seems like it should be obvious, but I am finding it impossible to get excel to do a date format that recognizes a year. Is there some way? I typed a date in A1 (09/28/2006) and used format|Cells|number tab|custom category|yyyy with my USA settings. kateofmd@msn.com wrote: > > It seems like it should be obvious, but I am finding it impossible to > get excel to do a date format that recognizes a year. Is there some > way? -- Dave Peterson ...

Copy and paste formula; Value pastes instead
Excel 2002 I've tried starting several worksheets, checking formats, pasting special (formula only). For some reason the formula actually copies OK by looking at the formula bar, but the value in the cell is identical to the value of the copied cell.Incorrect. Tried even the simplest formulas with no joy. BK ...

Conditional format
Hi Conditional format Is there a way to get a cell's format determined by the format of a different cell?! e.g. Could one get an entire row market up in say bold red if one cell in that row was say less than 100 With thanks Ship Shiperton Henethe Hi Shiperton yep ) select the rows that you want to apply the conditional formatting to, ensuring that the first row of this group is the first row at the top of the screen (it gets confused sometimes if it isn't) the following example assums you've selected from row 2 onwards and you want the row to turn red if ...

Outlook 2003: Links cannot be viewed
Hyperlinks in messasges are not functioning properly. Instead of taking me to a website, etc., when I click on a link, a dialog box appears asking me to save the file as an executable. Any clue on how to get hyperlinks in Outlook functioning properly? I have already performed a "repair" from the Office installation CD to no avail. Thanks in advance! Mike ...

Link to a worksheet
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C4C1E8.CC665B10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, We are using Office 2000. We have an excel workbook with our competency check off sheets. Each = Sheet is a different competency. Now we are putting education modules = together using power point. At the end of the education module on the = last slide, we want to have a link to a specific sheet from the excel = workbook so the user can print that out to do their competency. I can = link to the ...

Clipboard pasting
I copy something to the clipboard using Publisher 2007 and the computer tells me it is in the clipboard; however, when I go to paste that information into another document, Publisher acts like it is not there. I then need to close the document I wish to paste it into, reopen it, and then, like magic, there is the information in the clipboard and I am able to paste it. UGH!!!!!! -- Ginger Christenson Open the Office Clipboard in Publisher. Edit, Office Clipboard. What program are you pasting to? If it is an Office program, open the Office Clipboard in that program too. -- Mary Sauer ...

How can I add links to componets on our Remote Web Workplace?
How can I add links to components on our Remote Web Workplace Windows Small Business Server 2003 R2 server for Mobile Users? I created a new top-level site to run along side of the existing http://companyweb. For example, http://companyweb1. As you know when a Mobile User signs into Remote Web Workplace there are several links to different components. For example, Use my company's internal Web site. View, create, and edit documents and announcements on the site. This link takes you to http://companyweb. I would like to create a link for the other top-level site, http...

"Paste Special" with the right click mouse
I would like to have the option of "Paste Special" with the right click mouse in all microsoft office suite. Thanks, ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=de847738-df56-4...

How do I remove links to external excel files
I need to remove the links to another excel file from my new workbook. How can I accomplish this without re- creating the spreadsheet from scratch? Thank you. TinaS Remove links means convert those formulas to values? If you can find them, just copy|paste special|values. But they can be difficult to find. I'd use Bill Manville's addin to help find the pesky ones. Findlink.zip from http://www.BMSLtd.co.uk/mvp (And it's easy to use. TinaS wrote: > > I need to remove the links to another excel file from my > new workbook. How can I accomplish this without re- >...

Pasting formulas advances cell reference
Hi When i paste special from one cell into another, it advances the cell reference and i just want an exact match i.e. A1 formula ='Feb 2010'!C18 but when i paste it into another cell it pastes it as ='Feb 2010'!D18 The C changes to D, how do i stop this happening? Thanks for any help in advance Derek Use absolute referencing. Below are the different reference styles. A1 Relative referencing. Both column and row will change if you copy or drag the formula. $A1 The column reference is fixed and will not change A$1 The row reference is fixed and wil...

Copy/Paste loop
I have a form on one sheet in excel, on the next sheet i have mad different coloums with different headings. I want the data from th form to be copyed to each heading e.g. name in form is copyed to unde the coloum with title name. So each time a user fills in there details he/she clicks submit an there data is copyed to the next page, like a small database. Is there a macro that can do this as i keep getting different error each time. I want this to continue in a loop Please help!!:confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com This might get you started: Option Explicit Opti...

Keep certain cells from moving
I'm sure this will be an easy one, but I can't seem to find the info i help. I'm using Excel 97 and have a simple sheet with a few columns o data. I've setup auto-filters for colums A-E. What I want to to is put some formulas in column F that don't ge blanked out when I use the filters (if they're on a line that doesn' meet the condition I've selected, they dissappear). I'd also like the to give me dynamic totals. For instance, I have dollar amounts attributed to certain people in on column and their names in another. If I use the filter to select o...

Cannot release cell
As soon as I open Excel and click into the first cell, the program will not release the cell. It will not even let me access the Menus above. Is this a software issue? I believe there is a quick keyboard sequence fix but I dont know what it is and can not find the information anywhere (including MS Excel TroubleShoot KnowledgeBase) Do you see EXT in the statusbar (bottom right corner)? If yes, hit the F8 key to toggle this off. Have you tried a different mouse or mouse driver? MEvans wrote: > > As soon as I open Excel and click into the first cell, the program will not > ...

When I copy a picture and paste it into Publisher it disappears
I have tried to copy a picture from my documents and paste it into Publisher and the picture disappears. What version of Publisher? What happens if you go to... Insert / Picture / From File? -- John Inzer "Cathy" <Cathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF2CA50C-78D9-47DB-8799-E9C3C9171038@microsoft.com... >I have tried to copy a picture from my documents and paste it into >Publisher > and the picture disappears. I am using Office Profession Edition 2003. I tried another picture and so far it is still there. Thanks. "John Inzer"...

Paste and Paste Special
What are the differences between paste and paste special and are these two functions the same for XP software from different sources? e.g Word, Publisher, Ventura and Word Perfect? -- _ _________________________________________ / \._._ |_ _ _ /' Orpheus Internet Services \_/| |_)| |(/_|_|_> / 'Internet for Everyone' _______ | ___________./ http://www.orpheusinternet.co.uk ...

disable cells
Hi There, I just want to know how to disable certain cell/column/row in an excel sheet without using protect sheet option. I have Microsoft Offices 2000 installed on my PC. Thanking in advance Gaensh Something I have used in the past (although not as secure as protection - which is also not all that secure) is to use cell validation, set the Allow: to Custom, then in the formula enter <> this essencially does not allow any data entry to a cell, unless of course the validation is removed. Simon "Ganesh" wrote: > Hi There, > I just want to know how to disable cert...

Hide and Protect Cells/Columns in Resource Sheet
I am working in Project 2003 Resource Sheet and have entered Standard Rates for the resources and would like to hide these rates. (Similar to how you would use Custom format to hide cell contents in Excel). Can this be done in Project? I know you can hide a column but anyone can redisplay a hidden column. Is there a way to hide and protect the rates so that other users cannot see them? Thanks for your help. Yes. Delete the rates from any file that you give to anyone who should not see the rates. Hidden, protected. -- Trevor Rabey 0407213955 61 8 92727485 PERFECT PR...

pasting the result of a search
TIA once again. I have a macro that will search a wide range of cells to find a particular piece of data. when it finds that data, i need the macro to copy that data exactly 5 cells to the right of where it finds it. i can find the data, copy the data, (so that the little ants are running around the cell) but i do not know how to paste it to a different location that is based upon the original location. i tried to use "offset" but it seems like it requires a starting range, and the starting range will be different each time the macro selects a different piece of data. Can I use...

Tabbing from cell to cell
I need to be able to tab from a certain cell to the next and so on in order. I understand that I should hold control, and click on the cells in the order I need to move through them. Then, I press ctrl+F3 and give a name to the tab order. What next? How do I call back that tab order to use when I open up a specific document? Thanks! Once you've set up the name, then you press CTRL+G and type in the name of the range. This will select the cells. (Or type the name of the range in the "Name" box at the left end of the formula bar.) On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 20:17:02 -0700, "Amb...

Excel to Word : Paste special>Paste Link> Excel Chart Obj doesn't
When I copy a chart from an Excell 2007 file and paste it as: Paste Special > Paste link > Microsoft Office Excel Chart Object I get a blank white picture (with gridlines in middle and a red (x) in the top left corner). It does not show correctly. However, the link is working correctly. after troubleshooting: I noticed that if I paste the same chart with 2700 rows of data the chart shows properly. But when I go above the 2700 rows of data the chart does not display properly. when I pasted the chart with the original 47000 rows of data it was not diplaying proper...

Copy and Paste in Excel, copies cell and formula, but shows same v
Excel 2003 with 2007 converters installed. Not constant problem, but have seen it once before, can't remember how to stop it happening. I have a bank forecast which I have a running total column, against a individual line item list. Noddy stuff. Problem. If I make changes to the forecast I need to recopy down the running total formula to refresh the running total when it doesn't pick up the additions, usual when a cut has been pasted in. Whilst it allows me to dragdown or copy and paste the formula and the new cells take on the correct line/column numbers to do thei...

E-mail with web links never arrive at destination
Every time I insert a web address in an e-mail, it never seems to arrive at its intended destination. I've even tried forwarding them to my other address and a hotmail address. Any ideas? My MS OE 6 is set up for HTML mail. Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related...