How to open different excel books in different windows?

I just want to know which options should be enabled to open different exel
sheets in different windows by opening single Excel application
0
Yoga (1)

Just open them!  If you want to see more than one at the same time, reduce
the size of each window, so that you can fit them either side-by-side, or one
in the upper half, and one in the lower half.  I.e., move your mouse to one
of the borders, click and drag to the middle of the screen

"Yoga" wrote:

> I just want to know which options should be enabled to open different exel
> sheets in different windows by opening single Excel application
0
Kassie (262)
3/18/2005 6:41:02 AM
Not sure, but you could try this:

Assuming you mean different sheets within the same book

Click Window > New Window
(Repeat above as many times as the # of different sheets - 1)

Click Window > Arrange > Tiled (say) > OK
(Tinker with the other options in the dialog to taste)

Voila, you've got the views you asked for .. (?)

Note: To close the new windows created,
click the "x" at the top right corner of each window
--
Rgds
Max
"Yoga" <Yoga@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I just want to know which options should be enabled to open different exel
> sheets in different windows by opening single Excel application

0
demechanik (4694)
3/18/2005 6:45:28 AM
Missing 3rd line, last para should read as ..

--
Rgds
Max
GMT+8,  1� 22' N  103� 45' E
xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com
---

0
demechanik (4694)

Difference????
HI All, I am not getting what is the difference between Campaign & Campaign Tempelate. Both forms shows same window and both form has same attribute as well as same Action menu, any entity, tab, menu, toolbars, all are same, then why MS have given two names!! ...

excel to get data from an access database
I need excel to get data from an access database similar to vlookup function from an excel table. In order to have only specific records copied to your Excel file, the query needs to include selection criteria (and sort order if necessary). Otherwise, all records get copied and you then need to create lookup formulas or use filters to restrict the set of record. If you are not familiar with Access queries, have someone who is create one for you as a stored query object in the database file. You can then use the Data>Import (Get) External Data and choose the query as your record sour...

Can a custom checkbox be added to a Scroll Window?
Hello all, I've added a custom checkbox field to GP. I have created the field in a separate table with a one to one relationship per the suggestions of various documents. My problem is now this, I cannot get the checkbox to work in a Scroll Window. I have the checkbox related to the PO Line table and can get it (the checkbox) to work on the PO Line Detail screen, but I really would like it to work on the PO Entry screen with the Scroll Window that contains all the PO Lines. I have added the checkbox onto the Scroll Window but it doesn't seem to work or be possible to fill t...

What is an addin (in Excel) and how can we create one?
Hi, I want to know what an excel addin is and how to create an excel addin (not the method Save as .xla) for say, to check the occurances of an item. In Col A, several items are listed like item1, item2, item3 etc upto item10. Some items repeat more than once. Can an addin be created to check the no. of occurances of AN item in this list? If so how> Thank You Hi Shajueasow, See: http://www.fontstuff.com/vba/vbatut03.htm for a tutorial. --- Regards, Norman "shajueasow" <shajueasow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9DC9E994-13FE-4FFA-957E-10...

Excel 2000 question.
Hello, Group: I am looking to run a macro that pauses for input. For example to bend metal, I would like to have the macro ask for number of bends, then continue in the computation. Thanks, --tj Dim numBends As Long On Error Resume Next numBends = InputBox("Number of bends") On Error GoTo 0 If numBends > 0 Then 'rest of code End If -- __________________________________ HTH Bob <techjohnny@gmail.com> wrote in message news:66a3c982-1496-4d73-8284-0a630e498706@l42g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... > Hello, Group: > > I am looking ...

Publisher 2000

opening links in outlook

excel as a database #2
Is there a limit to how many text characters that can go into a cell? Phill Yes 32,767 characters, approx 1,024 visible in the cell -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "Phill" <phill.hudson@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:ccesl0$g3u$1@titan.btinternet.com... > Is there a limit to how many text characters that can go into a cell? > > Phill > > Phill, A cell can hold 32K characters, but only about 1K will be visible. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MV...

I don't show on windows friends list
I have a friend who says he can not see me online, when I have mine set to online, he can not see me, though he can see others. I am not in his blocked list? He has reinstalled it, with no luck. I can see him when he is online. appreciate any help on the situation, Bruce Is he using the same ID that you are using? I have had that experience where I used a different ID on WLM than elsewhere. -- rext "brucefl" wrote: > I have a friend who says he can not see me online, when I have mine set to > online, he can not see me, though he can see others. I am n...

Problem trying to open old money file

Windows Vista and RMS 2.0
Has anyone upgraded to Vista using RMS 2.0? Any pros/cons on duing this. I'm running it on my laptop without issues. But this is just for demos and research. Have not intalled it in production yet "Bill Fry" <BillFry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1D4E574-5383-45D8-8E44-F7BEAFDC0424@microsoft.com... > Has anyone upgraded to Vista using RMS 2.0? Any pros/cons on duing this. The Lack of non existant thermal printer drivers, for 1 "Bill Fry" <BillFry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1D4E574-5383-45D8-8E44-F...

Windows goes to the background
Hi Everyone, I am having a wiered problem. I have a Dialog based application that has a Modeless Child dialog. The child dialog is mostly hidden. I show the child dialog when I am syncing with the server to show progress message, and at the same time I disable the Main dialog with EnableWindow(FALSE), to simulate a modal dialog. Anyway when everything is done and I hide the Child dialog and call EnableWindow(TRUE) on the main dialog. When I do this the main dialog jumps behind all the other applications on the screen. This happens because of EnableWindow(FALSE), if I remove that line eve...

Email with tiny attachments open slow

In place CRM and Windows upgrade
I have a customer that has CRM 3.0 installed on a Windows 2000 and SQL 2000 Server. The customer wishes to upgrade to CRM 4.0 and Windows 2008, and remain on the same physical server. What is the best approach for this? Here what I am thinking: 1. Backup CRM databases 2. Format and Upgrade Windows 2000 to Windows 2003 3. Install SQL 2005 4. Install CRM 3.0 from Existing Database Option 5. Upgrade to CRM 4.0 6. Backup CRM 4.0 databases 7. Upgrade to Windows 2008 Is there any other critical steps I am missing for this? Hi, It sounds like a plan, however I think CRM 4.0 still hav...

My windows Mail
When I hit "send / receive" in windows mail, (it just started today), I get a windows security box that says: logon to pop-server.socal.com "Please verify that both the user name and password are correct for your mail server." There are boxes for username and password. I put them in and hit "ok". I then get an error message: "account: 'pop-server.socal.rr.com',server:'pop-server.ca.rr.com',protocol:pop3,server response:'-ERR invalid username or pass word.'port:110, secure (SSL): no, server error: 0x800ccc90, error number...

Need an open house sign in sheet

Count rows that match criteria in 2 different column cell ranges
I have a spreadsheet that lists all customer orders for the year - each order is a row. I need to count the number of orders per customer per month. I'm having trouble figuring out what formula to use to count the number of rows in which the customer column (a range named "customer") = "xxx" and the month column (a range named "month") = 1 (for January). I've tried several combinations of things and keep getting errors. I've tried ROWS, COUNTIF, IF with COUNTIFs and/or ROWS, etc. to the point that I'm thoroughly confused. I'm sure th...

sorting folders in address book
Any way to sort folder in address book in Outlook 2000? Running XP Home. -- Yaderp Peeing on an electric fence is one of those life lesson you only have to be taught once. ...

Creating folders from Excel Columns

Update Link Tables from Excel
I recently got an update from Office 97 to Office 2003. We're just slightly behind the times. Anyway, I had an access database in 97 that would link to an Excel file that I would use to add data to the Excel file based upon information in a master table in Access. Now when I try to run the query in Access 2003, it gives me an error that it is not an updateable query. I suppose I could export the master data to an Excel spreadsheet and use a VLookup function, copy and paste to all the records that need to be updated and the copy and paste values, but I originally did...

SheetName (Application.Caller.Parent.Name) Forces Excel to Save File
I have a VBA function in Excel that I have been using for years that will display the sheet name in a cell. The VBA function is as follows: Function SheetName() As String Application.Volatile SheetName = Application.Caller.Parent.Name End Function This works great. However, I have found that if I am using this function if I open a worksheet and not change anything Excel will prompt me if I want to save the worksheet if I have not made any changes. Why is this happening and is there a way to prevent this from happening? Thanks, Mike The problem may be Application.Volitile If ...