How to Not Minmize Access Window When I Go to Excel

Hello,
I run the same query on a database but with different dates for each
run.  After each run I key-in the results to an excel spreadsheet.
This works fine. What happens though is the Access window minimizes
each time I go to the excel spread sheet.  I then have to expand the
access window, run the query, key-in the data to excel and repeat.  Is
there a way to keep the Access window open and not minimize each time
I go to the spreadsheet?

Thanks.

JBEsr
0
jbesr1230 (21)

Hi, JB,

Why not use the built-in Excel functionality to
automatically load your data?  Try Menu: Data-> Import
External Data->New Database Query; and put your
query there?  You can return whatever columns you need
directly into Excel.

It's also possible to set your varying date into a cell
and use VBA to pass the date into the database.  (Code is
available if you want to try it)

jeff

0
anonymous (74725)
6/14/2004 9:21:01 PM
Thanks Jeff I will try that.
Would you send me the vba code you referred to.  I do use macros, but
I am limited pretty much to the macro recorder and what others have
graciously provided.

JBE Sr.

jbesr1230@hotmail.com (JB) wrote in message news:<35b46061.0406141143.4955e78e@posting.google.com>...
> Hello,
> I run the same query on a database but with different dates for each
> run.  After each run I key-in the results to an excel spreadsheet.
> This works fine. What happens though is the Access window minimizes
> each time I go to the excel spread sheet.  I then have to expand the
> access window, run the query, key-in the data to excel and repeat.  Is
> there a way to keep the Access window open and not minimize each time
> I go to the spreadsheet?
>
> Thanks.
>
> JBEsr
0
jbesr1230 (21)

Is there an Excel formula to round a date to the end of the month
User enters a specific date, I'd like to round that entry to the end of the month With a date in A1: =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,0) step into the next month and then back one day. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201003 "Siralec" wrote: > User enters a specific date, I'd like to round that entry to the end of the > month Another way... This requires the Analysis ToolPak add-in be installed for Excel versions prior to Excel 2007. A1 = some date =EOMONTH(A1,0) Format as Date -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Siralec" &...

access
��� ����� access? ��� ���� ������������ access? __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5167 (20100602) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.esetnod32.ru/.ml ...

how do i plot this kind of data using excel
need a help in plotting data presented in class form, e.g; variables for A in condition 1 ranges from 67-89, in condition 2they range from 52-67, in condition 3; 65-87, in conditon 4, 62-83. Variables for B in condition 1 60-77,in condition 2, 50-64, in condition 3, 54-73, in condition 4 51-70 Tamm, Try setting your data up like this: Low High A1 67 89 B1 60 77 A2 52 67 B2 50 64 A3 65 87 B3 54 73 A4 62 83 B4 51 70 Then, plot it using either a clustered column chart or a stacked column chart. ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "TAMM" wrote: > need a he...

Cannot access more than 250 items in a folder
My company has a custom Outlook form for handling vacation and sick time requests. The form has fields for start date/time, end date/time, name, etc. I'm trying to write some code that will process a bunch of saved requests and display some totals, but I'm having trouble. The code simply stops working after about the 250th item in a folder. Any attempt to get at the custom properties of any item after the 250th is a blank. Here's some very simple code I wrote to illustrate the problem. It loops through each saved item and checks if the "requestor" property contains ...

Cannot access CRM
We have just migrated from Groupwise to Exchange 2003 as part of our move to CRM. The migration had some issues but those have been resolved. There is one user whose mailbox was deleted and recreated as part of the troubleshooting. His Exchange account appears to be functioning correctly now. The problem is the user is now unable to access the CRM website, whereas he could before the migration. I discovered the problem when trying to install the CRM Sales For Outlook client on his workstation. When I was prompted to enter the URL of the CRM website, I received an error message saying &q...

Triggers on Extender windows
Is it possible for writing a Trigger on any of the Extender windows which we create? I tried with one Extender screen, but the trigger fails to register, saying INVALID OBJECT. Any immediate response would be great. -- Thanks & Regards, Vaidhyanathan Mohan Hi Vaidy Extender uses multiple identical generic windows with multiple sets of generic fields of the various data types. You will not know which window is being used and what it is being used for, or what fields will be shown at any time. I am yet to see anyone successfully write a customisation (Dexterity or VBA) against ...

Unable to upgrade to Access 2000 from Access 97 and preserver Access 97
Hello, I have a workstation running W2K Service pack 4. On the machine is Access 97. When I load Access 2000 to a unique directory it skips the part on asking me to preserve Access 97. After the install 97 is removed. I removed Access 2000 and installed Access 97 again. I tried to install Access 2000 into the same directory as 97 and it still skips that step of asking me to preserve. Anyone know if this is a registry setting that is having me skip this? I tried both an upgrade version of Access 2000 and a full version of Access 2000. Thanks, Michael Paniak Hi Michael If you do a *...

Excel
Can someone please help me. I have been trying to figure this one out all day. It seems so simple, I guess I'm brain dead. I'm trying to write a formula that will return results for the folowing example: aaa A A B B A bbb C A B B C ccc A A B B B aaa C C A A B bbb C A B B C ccc A A C C A I need a formula that will count the total number of times each of the colum results (A,B and C) appear for e...

Update the taskbar when minmized
Hello all, I am looking to implement a feature that will update the text in the status bar when my application is minimized. Basically, when performing a long operation, if the users minimizes the application, I want to display the current progress as a percentage value. I'm using XP / C++ 6.0 and my application is a dialog-based. I've tried the following code but nothing changed on the taskbar. void CBinauralDlg::OnPaint() { if (IsIconic()) { CPaintDC dc(this); // device context for painting SendMessage(WM_ICONERASEBKGND, (WPARAM) dc.GetSafeHdc(), 0); // Center i...

Require approval of out-going e-mail messages
I am looking for a way to provide Exchange 2003 users outbound e-mail, but to configure it so that it cannot leave the server until it has been approved by another party. My client wants to read, and approve, all outbound e-mail from their server. I know that something like this exists for placing appointments on a shared calendar. In that situation, the moderator must approve the appointment before it can be added to the calendar. I am looking for something similar for outbound e-mail. Does anyone have any idea? Thanks, --David If you use a smart relay host at the gateway, you...

Access 2007 and Windows 7 11-22-09
I just got a new 64 bit computer with winodws 7. I moved my access 2007 file over to the new machine and opened it. I keep getting undefined errors for the right and left functions. Any ideas? Check to make sure all of your references are what they should be. I don't know what "standards" windows 7 may or may not have but the errors you describe are almost always a reference issue. hth -- Jack Leach www.tristatemachine.com "I haven''t failed, I''ve found ten thousand ways that don''t work." -Thomas Edison (1847-1931) ...

exchange and directory access
Dear, all. I have 2 dc in a domain, in exch2003 system-administration, [server name]/properties/directory access, i could see both dc are set to DC&GC, and PDC is set to type(configuration) also. If i shutdown one of dc(not PDC role), i couldn't open system-administration console in exch2003. Is this normal, i mean, whether it's possible to open SA console when i shutdown one of or both of dc? Thanks. Frank You can't open Exchange System Manager? What happens when you try? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" &q...

Can anyone work out the ED50 value on an graph on Excel?
I need to construct log dose response curves. I can do this by converting the values on the x axis into log10 values. I am stuck to how to get the ED50 values... (ed50 is basically the median value) Thanks On Mon, 26 Nov 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, naf <naf@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I need to construct log dose response curves. I can do this by converting the >values on the x axis into log10 values. > >I am stuck to how to get the ED50 values... (ed50 is basically the median >value) Don't work out ED50 using a chart, work it out using sprea...

Can't open my Access files after conversion from Access 97 to Access 2003
Hi, After I converted my MS Access files from ver 97 to 2003, I cannot open them anymore. How can I resolve this problem? I run Windows XP Pro SP 3. Regards M Shafaat It isn't clear what's happening when you try ... more information, please. Are you attempting to open them with Access '97 or with Access 2003? Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein does not constitute endorsement thereo...

IE not installing ActiveX under Windows 2003 ...
Hi: I have an ATL ActiveX Control (a dll). IE6 can download and install it fine with IE default security settings. But under Windows 2003, I have to set IE Security Settings to "Download signed ActiveX controls" to "Enable" for the IE to be able to download and install the control; it prompts for installing the control but after that it does nothing. Any thoughts is appreciated. Thanks in advance! Polaris Is the control signed? Do you enable active scripting? Has the control been marked safe for scripting? Brian ...

How do you save and share "user-defined chart type's" in Excel?

Problem accessing OWA from other domains.
Hello, We have a problem with users from different domains trying to access mailbox using OWA 2003 located in our domain. User gets prompted for credentials, it looks like is being authenticated but after a minute or so Explorer shows "page cannot be displayed" User from our domain use OWA without any problems. This is our setup: Domain A is our w2k3 root domain. We have 5 child domains B, C, D, E, F Each domain except for A (root) has an Exchange 2003 server, but only my domain - B has the OWA installed on a front end server. We have trusts in place between all domains a...

OE removes access to attachments
I am having a problem with receiving attachments to my emails. If I double click on some of my emails, the tag line for the attachment reads: OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments to your mail: Insert Name of Email. How do I turn this off? The last one it happened to was from my sister, so I know it was safe and I have a virus program to take of scanning for problems. Thanks to anyone for help with this. LeAnn <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am having a problem with receiving attachments to my > emails. If I double click on some o...

WOA Access Permission
hi - I'm running SBS2003 with exchange 2003 server. I already have setup Web Outlook Access for my exchange 2003 server. I have about 20 account users, is there a way to set so that only certain user can use web outlook access ? Thanks in advance I'm not positive that this applies to the SBS version, but to allow (or disallow) access for any single user to any of the supported services and protocols in Exchange 2003, you need to change the settings on the actual user account in ADUC that has the Exchange extensions (usually the Exchange server itself) The setting you're look...

Launching Excel Using .bat file
I'm trying to launch "File.xls" with "Auto_Open.mac using a .bat file. This works fine if I run it directly on the sever but If I launch this remotely from an iseries OS400 the .xls sheet says that it has been modified but does not actially run. Has anyone come across this sort of remote control access issue? ...

Access Format
Hi, A file is in the "access 2.0 file format" How can it be changed to "access 2003 format"? Khalil Have a look at the Access 2.0 Converter: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/830271/en-us -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "Khalil Handal" <khhandal@stthom.edu> wrote in message news:OgOWEHt0HHA.2484@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi, > A file is in the "access 2.0 file format" > How can it be changed to "access 2003 format"? > > Khalil > > Download...

120 day moving graph window
Greetings Everyone, I have a 600 row long data set. I have several graphs set up to look at this data. I have put scroll bars on a couple of them. This allows me to reduce the number of points being looked at. What I would like to do is create a graph that looks at 120 data points at a time. I would like the scroll bar to move the 120 point refereneces from the top of the data set to the bottom of the set. The idea is to be able to view any 120 consecutive data points within my data set. Can this be done with worksheet formulas? Thanks Glen I've been able to generate the 120 ce...

is office 2003 compatible with windows 7
I have a new computer - still in box I use office 2003 student teacher edition I have the disc but is now 7 years old (all those updates since!) Can I put it on new computer? Is there a quicker way - for example norton have given me a product key to install direct from web Be grateful for help as support wants £46 to answer :( Compatible, Yes (having first uninstalled any Trial & its Activation Assistant & rebooted) Norton has got nothing to do with it, other that depending on version of Norton it can cause problems with various Office components Office 2...

OWA: Embedded URL access error
When I use OWA, everything works ok except that - When I click on a URL embedded in an email (say www.yahoo.com) I get a user login prompt (instead of a new browser window with th yahoo site) - Similarly, when click on the Logoff link, I get the same use login prompt Any help in debugging this will be appreciated Sam ...

I have 2 Access DB with linked tables
In DB 1 is frmTokenDelivery and in DB 2 are tblImageBuild and tblHardwareRequest. I link to the tables from DB1. The DBs belongs to two seperate departments. The two departments perform seperate operations that must be completed before hardware is delivered to the user or to another dept. for further action. My Need: I want to display a date in DB 2 on frmTokenDelivery in DB 1. Field in DB 2 is ProDate (i.e projected dated). Sorry for the long explaination. Any assistance will be highly appreciated! With regards, Sokan33 wrote: > In DB 1 is frmTokenDelivery and in DB 2 are tblIm...