How to moving cursor when data are filtered

Hi,

I had read so many articles about moving rows up and down using offse
in macro... however, it doesn't work when the column is filtered.

Sample Data:

Row
1    Fish
2    Meat
3    Vegie
4    Fish
5    Fish

if I filter the row to show FISH only the results would be:

Row
1   Fish
4   Fish
5   Fish

My question is, how to move the cursor up and down when data i
filtered (of which filtered data can be anything aside from fish)

Jojo W

Hi
why do you want to move the cursor? What are you trying to do?

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"jwan >" <<jwan.1bvqyj@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi,
>
> I had read so many articles about moving rows up and down using
offset
> in macro... however, it doesn't work when the column is filtered.
>
> Sample Data:
>
> Row
> 1    Fish
> 2    Meat
> 3    Vegie
> 4    Fish
> 5    Fish
>
> if I filter the row to show FISH only the results would be:
>
> Row
> 1   Fish
> 4   Fish
> 5   Fish
>
> My question is, how to move the cursor up and down when data is
> filtered (of which filtered data can be anything aside from fish)
>
> Jojo W.
>

> ---

frank.kabel (11126)
9/1/2004 5:35:27 AM
Actually, I'm making up a script that would automate the creation f
statement of account in a separate sheet.  The problem is that the mai
worksheet contains all the data from all customer sales and whateve
customer or item being filtered will be the only data that will b
copied into the statement of account.

In my script, what I intend to do is to copy from the first most dat
from the data worksheet to the statement sheet. One by one goin
downward until it reaches the last row.

Another way is to do a compare for each row, but the data are too man
and it takes quite a while to finish a simple process.  And if it
already filtered, out of 10,000 rows, many only around 10 are needed.

Jojo W

Hi
see:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm

using a filter to copy data

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"jwan >" <<jwan.1bws3n@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Actually, I'm making up a script that would automate the creation fo
> statement of account in a separate sheet.  The problem is that the
main
> worksheet contains all the data from all customer sales and whatever
> customer or item being filtered will be the only data that will be
> copied into the statement of account.
>
> In my script, what I intend to do is to copy from the first most data
> from the data worksheet to the statement sheet. One by one going
> downward until it reaches the last row.
>
> Another way is to do a compare for each row, but the data are too
many
> and it takes quite a while to finish a simple process.  And if its
> already filtered, out of 10,000 rows, many only around 10 are needed.
>
> Jojo W.
>

> ---

frank.kabel (11126)
9/1/2004 3:07:07 PM
Thanks

space between y axis and data points..
I have a line graph with markers, and am plotting 7 pre-post (x axis) lines on a y axis of 1 to 100. By default, the "pre" points were plotted right on the y axis and the post points were all the way at the right end of the plot area. I checked "Value (y) axis crosses between categories", and this moves the pre (and post) towards the middle of the plot area, so that the points are now plotted to the right of the y axis. My question is, can I adjust the space between the y axis and where the "pre" data points are plotted? As they are now, there is too much of a g...

Moving license to a new computer

Bring filtered data from another file
I have a Birthdays file I have a Calendar file After each date in this calendar file I have 4 empty lines (assumption: max 4 birthdays on the same day) 15.01.2010 ......... ......... ......... ......... 16.01.2010 ......... ......... ......... ......... How can I bring the names for each date from the Birthdays file. Thanks and regards, CousinExcel ...

How do I print grid lines in a spreadsheet if no data is entered .
I am trying to create a form and need to print the grid lines as a part of the form. Others will use this form and make pencil entries in the cells which will be entered into the spreadsheet at a later date. How do I do this? I am using Office 2003. Many thanks---Justaone Just File>Page Setup>Sheet. Check "gridlines" and make sure "draft quality" is not checked. May be easier and more readable to have borders around just those cells that will be pencil-entered. If you go that route, uncheck "gridlines" in Page Setup. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 2...

Filter on a report from
I have a from that you can select a field to filter a report by. These fields are comboxes. Can I have one report to filter this by? What do I put into the report under filters to filter it by? Do I put the combox name or what it is filter by? I have one report that can be run for 5 diffrent comboxes that I want to filter on. When you do the filter you only will need to filter on one of the five. Kat, You don't really filter a report... you filter the query behind it. Let's say you have a cboCity on your form, and you'd like to have it filter for a certain Cit...

Safe to Move?

Conv Access 97->2000-Gets a method or data member not found error
For the following code which compiles and runs successfully in MS Access 97, when converting to MS Access 2000 the following compile error occurs "Method or data member not found." for the line below. tempID = rs.[UserID] UserID is a field in the tblSecurity table. It seems that the tblSecurity table is not opening in MS Access 2000 since this error will occur using any field, not just UserID. This error does not occur in MS Access 97. PLEASE HELP. The routine is displayed below. Sincerely thanks, Phil ------------------ CODE - Shown Below ------------------ Private Sub...

Moving Exchange 2000

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

Counting unique cells (with text) in a filtered list
Hi Is there a simple way to count unique text values in the 'header" of a column where the adjoining column has had the filter switched on? Example A Home B Car B Home C Home C Home D Car If filtered on Home in the second column, should show 3 (ie A,B and C). Thanks in advance Try this array formula** : =SUM(IF(FREQUENCY(IF(SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET(A2:A7,ROW(A2:A7)-ROW(A2),0,1)),MATCH(A2:A7,A2:A7,0)),ROW(A2:A7)-ROW(A2)+1)>0,1)) ** array formulas need to be entered using the key combination of CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER (not just ENTER). Hold down both the CTRL key ...

Moving Pages between two publications

Move mailbox rights in Exchange 5.5 #2

Importing Data Files
Hey all, I have recently had to undergo a clean install of Windows XP onto a new Computer, and am having trouble importing all my MS Outlook XP data into XP (from 98SE). Thanks, -- Daniel Becroft ; ================================= "Real computer scientists don't comment their code. The identifiers are so long they can't afford the disk space." "Blue sparks and white smoke, the two most expensive components of any electrical system, and once used up will cost a fortune to replace." What is the exact issue? You can connect to the file by File -> Open -> ...

Does Excel data merge with .mrg documents?
I run a database for my company, and always have a difficult (read - lots of hand typing) time getting my .mrg data doc to merge with Excel. Most times Exel will have all the data in one cell (making it impossible to sort), or not come through at all. Is it just me, or does Excel not work well with this kind of document. ...

data in queries
Hi! From a dataset I retrieve customer names and the products they have purchased: client name product name client 1 product a client 1 product b client 1 product c client 2 product b client 2 product d client 3 product a client 3 product e No problem. But how can I avoid the repetitions in the ClientName column: client name product name client 1 product a product b product c client 2 product b product d client 3 product a product e In Query View. I think in a Report this is done through Group By? Thanks ...

MS Application Data Files and References are slow
When I try to reference a file, either open or save, the file system responds very very slowly. In fact, it seems to not take any action to start the process of accessing a file or folder unless I click in whitespace AFTER clicking on the folder. Even clicking on the dropdown to move up or down the directory tree is slow. This seems to be only true for MS applications. The complete file system had been slow until "Automatically search for network folders and printers" was unchecked in folder options. Once this was checked the file system respondes as expected, rapi...

Want to hide mouse cursor(I-beam) in Outlook
Installed Office 2003 on my new computer and my gf doesn't like the I- beam cursor that appears whenever the mouse is in the message body window. We had this same version of Office on the old computer and she swears this I-beam cursor(with the four alternating wide/narrow horizontal lines beside it) was not present in the previous installation. Does anyone know of a way to turn this off? She doesn't mind the text location blinking cursor that appears in the message body window....just the mouse cursor I-beam that indicates the mouse position. I told her to just move the mouse curso...

Formula skipping data
Hi all My formula which is dragged down in 7500 cells picks up only certai data when I do a search. One search brings up all the data I'm looking for and another ref# wil not even recognise the data in the column and returns a blank cell/s. I have gone over the this formula and other formulas in the spreadshee the whole morning and can't get or see anything different or wrong. Does anyone know why this could be happening? Many thanks Joe -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Not without seeing it. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to t...