How to merge various workbooks into 1 worksheet in Excel

I am attempting to merge data from different workbooks (at least 10) to 1
worksheet (which will act as a central depository)
0
Sharm (1)

Are the workbooks all the same? You can try this:
http://vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=221
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Sharm" <Sharm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am attempting to merge data from different workbooks (at least 10) to 1
> worksheet (which will act as a central depository)

0
ng1 (1444)

automatic formatting in excel
We use account codes beginning with MAR with 4 digits following (e.g. MAR3420) in spreadsheets and Excel automatically converts this to a date format. I have reformatted the cells to Text and this overcomes the problem initially. However, these files have to be saved in .csv format for uploading into our accounting software. The difficulty arise if the .csv file is ever opened to make changes because Excel reformats these cells to dates again which corrupts our data. Does anyone know of a way to switch off the automatic reformatting of cells? I don't think you can prevent Exc...

5.4.6 and 5.1.0 NDRs
Hello, We have setup our first Exchange 2003 server, in a an Exchange 5.5 org, and sent a test email to all of our mailboxes to see if everything was ok from the Exchange 2003 server. However, 144 mailboxes returned a 5.4.6 NDR and several returned a 5.1.0 NDR message. Does anyone know how to resolve this? As usual my boss wants Exchange 2003 setup company wide yesterday, so any info would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance Ste Sounds like some kind of routing loop. Can you post some information regarding the corresponding event log entries and your Exchange design. Nue &quo...

merging
Is it possible to create a document in publisher (mine is a certificate) and then merge the desired information from a select querry in access? Hi Tina (sttpreston@clyde.k12.oh.us), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Is it possible to create a document in publisher (mine is || a certificate) and then merge the desired information from || a select querry in access? Yes, you can. Which version of Publisher and Windows are you using? -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim.org This posting is provided "AS IS" wit...

Save Workbook Under Custom Name
I have came across assistance to save a workbook using a macro which will save a workbook with a name typed in a specific cell. It works nicely, but I want to specify also the path and sub-directory in which the file must be saved. I have used the following code ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Range("Name").Value The contents in Range "Name" will be the file name, but it will safe the workbook under the new name in the same directory in which the master file is allocated. Once I am able to specify the path, I want to expand my macro to clear all ranges as well, then the master wi...

Linking Cells: Excel into Word Document
Greetings, After reading through the help files for Excel 2002, it seems to me that there is no way, except for programming, to have just a range of cells in a worksheet be linked to a Word document. Here is what I am attemping to accomplish: Using Word to create an extensive document for a database proposal. Using Excel to document the all of the required tables (since nothing has been created in Acces and I am new databases), drawing diagrams with lines and other database objects. Would like to be able to insert/link certain cells from a worksheet (which would be many inserts/links) into t...

Merge same transaction
I've had transactions that I've placed in my register with detailed info in the memo area only to have the same exact transaction download with no info and unrecognized as the same transaction. Traditionally I've copied and pasted the info into the downloaded transaction and then deleted my transaction. This is a real PAIN... Is there a way to tell Money that these two separate transactions are the SAME transaction and then have it merge them? It works exactly as intended when Money recognizes the transaction that's already in the register and then merges them beautiful...

Tabbing in Excel
Simple question: Is there a way to edit the direction of the Tabbing feature. Building a spreadsheet with locked/unlocked cells and need to change the default of "right to left" to "down then over". Any help? reply to : jerry.creacy@acs-inc.com oops. Default should be "left to right" >-----Original Message----- >Simple question: Is there a way to edit the direction of >the Tabbing feature. Building a spreadsheet with >locked/unlocked cells and need to change the default >of "right to left" to "down then over". Any he...

Microsoft Visual Studio Installer 1.1
Hi all, Where can i download the Visual Studio Installer 1.1 for Visual Studio 6? http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/aa718352.aspx The link is not work. I need to create deployement package in VS6. Many thanks!! Martin "Martin" <martin@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OJyzRz%23aKHA.5608@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > Where can i download the Visual Studio Installer 1.1 for Visual Studio 6? > http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/aa718352.aspx > The link is not work. > I need to create deployement package in VS6. It ...

Pasting picture files to Excel
Whenever I paste ia jpg picture nto Excel (or Word for that matter), I get only 3 choices (bitmap, metafile (bigger than bitmap), and photoediting (bigger than both)) . My question is, is there anyway to paste in a picture to an Excel file, but keeping it compressed as a jpeg file, this way the excel file size doesn't grow by leaps and bounds? Thanks. Matt: Since Excel has the ability of editing a picture, the software has to limit its pictures to those formats that MS has editing tools to work with. That's why you can't easily set up JPG or GIF pictures as embedde...

Free! Learn MS Excel
The following is a video that demonstrate to you: How to plot a chart with Microsoft Excel. http://raymondlamsk.blogspot.com/2008/05/free-learn-microsoft-excel-how-to-plot.html I hope it helps you in one way or another. ...

Excel "file is already open"
Whenever I open a '.xls' workbook from outside Excel (such as from Windows Explorer), Excel indicates that the file is already open - although, once I click OK, I seem to be able to work with the file normally. The same file will open fine from within Excel. I am using Excel 97 on an XP-Home machine. Can you explain why I may be getting this message, and how I might correct for it? The FAQ at Debra Dalgleish's site might give the solution: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen John McFadden wrote: > > Whenever I open a '.xls' workbook from ...

Merging 2 Companies into 1
Are there any guidelines or outline for what tables you need to look at to gather the various information you need in order to merge 2 companies together as well as issues to consider when undertaking such a project? It is a project and a half. I got approval from a major client yesterday to proceed with just this project. You literally need to look at all of them! I understand that MS Professional Services will do this project for you. In my case the client cannot be down and has too many 3rd party products for us to pass it off. When does your project need to be completed? -- Ri...

Unprotect a Shared Workbook
I wish to share a spreadsheet on a LAN drive. I foolishly assigned a password so that only the responsible parties could open it. Now, when I try to open a cell to make changes, I receive a message telling me to unprotect the sheet. But, in REVIEW > CHANGES, that option is greyed out. HELP. DOUG ECKERT 18 Mar 10 If the workbook is shared you must unshare before you can unprotect -- grizz "DOUG" wrote: > I wish to share a spreadsheet on a LAN drive. I foolishly assigned a > password so that only the responsible parties could open it. Now, when ...

Shared excel file dissapears
We use a shared excel 2000 xls file shared on a w2k server as a production log. we now have about 30 users with about 12 users constantly editing. As we add more users the dissapearances seem to mount up. we are at about 2 a day now. I was wondering what the max amount vs the recommended amount of simultaneous users are. Are there any known issues which would cause excel to mysteriously vanish?? thanks cr -- http://QLiner.com It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried. - Winston Churchill ...

Word mail merge

1 Easy Question Sorry for all the posts this should be it
I found a great white paper on recovering exchange and basically says the steps everyone has told me. However, I have one last question. I just found out I don't have a system state backup. I did have to reinstall windows on top of the existing to get it to boot up. I know I can reinstall exchange over the existing and then work with the exchange databases off the white paper. I am just wondering will not having the correct system state kill me? Because I am seeing an issue like I can't remote desktop with terminal services running. Is this system state truly critical of my data? ...

mail merge/merging 2 address lists...
Is there a way to merge two of your address lists in Publisher 2002? I have two address lists in my data base folder and would like all the addresses merged into one as there are some addresses different in each and some the same. Thank you. Robin Hi Robin (vicary@kconline.com.NOSPAM), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Is there a way to merge two of your address lists in Publisher 2002? || I have two address lists in my data base folder and would like all || the addresses merged into one as there are some addresses different || in each and some the same. No, you cannot. You nee...

Gather data from several workbooks.
Hello all, I know this is probably an easy fix, but I'm at a loss as to how to do it. I've copied the two Macro's in question at the bottom of this email. I have a number of (Source) spreadsheets/workbooks and they all have a tab called "today". I have a separate (Destination) spreadsheet/workbook with a macro (primarily written by Nikos Yannacopoulos from this newsgroup) called Process_All_Workbooks. That spreadsheet/workbook is called "Update". The Process_All_Workbooks Macro will call another macro and run it on all spreadsheets/workbooks in a folder ...

Working with Excel charts in Word
I've copied an Excel chart (ie, one based on an Excel spreadsheet) into Word. It's a bar chart with a lot of white space in the upper half. I cannot resize it to get rid of the white space. I've tried resizing, but it doesn't work. Can someone help? I'm using Office 2003. Thanks, Suroor Is it the white space inside the border you're trying to remove? If so, while in Excel select the chart, right click->Format Chart Area, under Patterns tab-> Borders, select None, and click OK. Select and paste into Word. "suroora" wrote: > I&...

merge and compare
We have two versions of the same work sheet from differnt dates. Some of the cells have been changed in the latest version and we need to compare which cells have had changes and selectively merge the two. Is there any hope??? jimired wrote: > We have two versions of the same work sheet from differnt dates. > > Some of the cells have been changed in the latest version and we need > to compare which cells have had changes and selectively merge the two. > > Is there any hope??? Hi have a look at http://www.cpearson.com/Zips/Compare.ZIP An add-in which compares two worksh...

Problem using axis 1.1 as client
Hi all, I am having a problem trying to consume a webservice that is developed on ..Net. I can access it without any problem using a .net client, but when I use a java client (based on Axis 1.1), some methods work, some don't. The error message I got is "org.apache.axis.types.URI$MalformedURIException: No scheme found in URI..." Anyone experienced similar problem before? Any help is appreciated... Thanks in advance. Jacky AXIS to AXIS? whoops~ ! wrong group. maybe try the AXIS users mail list. http://ws.apache.org/axis/mail.html -D "Jacky Zhu" <jack...

How can I get bar codes w/ Excel & mail merge?
I want to send out a bulk mailing with large postcards. I want the addresses printed on the postcards via mail merge. I am using Excel, but don't see where or how to add the bar code to the address, which would save me a lot of money. Can you help? >-----Original Message----- >I want to send out a bulk mailing with large postcards. I want the addresses >printed on the postcards via mail merge. I am using Excel, but don't see >where or how to add the bar code to the address, which would save me a lot of >money. Can you help? >. > hi, I not entirely...

Marketing Lists
Hi, I am trying to export a list of contacts, which is greater than 5000, from a marketing list but everytime I try I only get 5000 records. This is a different problem to the throttling and Maxnumber of records registry setting solutions as I have tried all of these. If anyone has had the same problem and has managed fix it you advise would be much appreciated. Thanks. Craig - you indicate that your problem is similar to this one: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/930604 If this is correct (and you have made the necessary/required changes indicated in the KB above?) are y...

Merging worksheet into MS Word mail merge
I am merging a letter and an Excel worksheet. When I merge an Excel field that contains $ and commas separating the hundreds and thousands, the $ and the , do not show up in the merged letter. Any suggestions on how to solve this problem? -- Briggs Hi Instead of just referring to the cell e.g. A1 use =TEXT(A1,"[$$-409]#,##0.00") -- Regards Roger Govier "Briggs" <Briggs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F326201-A50F-45E5-9767-4C189ACA5529@microsoft.com... > I am merging a letter and an Excel worksheet. When I merge an Exc...

Error in Mail Merge when selecting Edit Individual Labels
We are noticing an interesting error when trying to perform a mail merge within CRM and Microsoft Word. We have created a view in contacts and we perform all the typical mail merge functionality using the Labels option. At the end, instead of printing the labels without any edits, we click on “Edit Individual labels” and we get the following error… C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\OUTLOOK.EXE has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. We are on CRM v4 Update Rollup 8 using Outlook 2007 and the CRM Outlook (Online only) client. Has an...