How to merge 2 + contiguous cells without lossing data?

I need to merge two or more contiguous cells without lossing the data.

Also I have cells that I copied & pasted into cells and I am unable to add
data to these cells.

Hi Patti
To concatenate two cells, it can be done this way :
=A1&B1  this will merge A1 with B1.
If you want space between words; =A1&" "&B1
You can concatenate has many cells as you like, or had words like this  =A1&"
"&B1&" "&Last Word"
HTH
John
"Patti" <Patti@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need to merge two or more contiguous cells without lossing the data.
>
> Also I have cells that I copied & pasted into cells and I am unable to add
> data to these cells.

0
John
6/4/2010 6:18:27 PM
Correction to the last example, missing double quote
=A1&"  "&B1&" "&"Last Word"
John

"John" <johnd@newlook.com> wrote in message
> Hi Patti
> To concatenate two cells, it can be done this way :
> =A1&B1  this will merge A1 with B1.
> If you want space between words; =A1&" "&B1
> You can concatenate has many cells as you like, or had words like this  =A1&"
> "&B1&" "&Last Word"
> HTH
> John
> "Patti" <Patti@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I need to merge two or more contiguous cells without lossing the data.
>>
>> Also I have cells that I copied & pasted into cells and I am unable to add
>> data to these cells.

0
John

merging
Is it possible to create a document in publisher (mine is a certificate) and then merge the desired information from a select querry in access? Hi Tina (sttpreston@clyde.k12.oh.us), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Is it possible to create a document in publisher (mine is || a certificate) and then merge the desired information from || a select querry in access? Yes, you can. Which version of Publisher and Windows are you using? -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim.org This posting is provided "AS IS" wit...

Sales Document Print Options #2
Hi, I'm trying to modify the above window but I have difficulties in determining which window that triggers it in order to get the SOPType and SOPNumber. So far I notice that you can open this window from Sales Transaction Entry window and Sales Transaction Inquiry Zoom window but how do you tell programmatically? Can't use Isloaded properties cause it fails if both windows are loaded. TIA, Sugih ...

Returning left part of cell before a character
I have a text file report that is not customizable. I import that into Excel. There is a field where relevant data ends after the colon character ":". Can someone help me with a formula I can put in column C that evaluates the corresponding cell in column B and brings back all text to the left of the colon mark? Examples: Column B freddy: 45345 sldf jeff: 45422 fdflh sam: bfd4454 In this case I want to return the characters to the left of the colon: freddy jeff sam Thanks in Advance! Alan Hi there, You can use the formula =MID(B1,1,FIND(":",B1)-1) This wi...

Linking Cells: Excel into Word Document
Greetings, After reading through the help files for Excel 2002, it seems to me that there is no way, except for programming, to have just a range of cells in a worksheet be linked to a Word document. Here is what I am attemping to accomplish: Using Word to create an extensive document for a database proposal. Using Excel to document the all of the required tables (since nothing has been created in Acces and I am new databases), drawing diagrams with lines and other database objects. Would like to be able to insert/link certain cells from a worksheet (which would be many inserts/links) into t...

Merge same transaction
I've had transactions that I've placed in my register with detailed info in the memo area only to have the same exact transaction download with no info and unrecognized as the same transaction. Traditionally I've copied and pasted the info into the downloaded transaction and then deleted my transaction. This is a real PAIN... Is there a way to tell Money that these two separate transactions are the SAME transaction and then have it merge them? It works exactly as intended when Money recognizes the transaction that's already in the register and then merges them beautiful...

Can't find how to change Y-axis range to show new data in Excel Mac 12.2.4
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have a simple bar chart that I created some years ago in a previous version of Excel. I add data each month and it shows miles I drive per month over the year, very helpful to keep track of distance and gas mileage. I've extended the Y-axis range downward a few times before, but can't find out how to do it this time. I always install the latest updates from Microsoft and now I'm running Excel 2008 for Mac version 12.2.4 (100205). My Y-axis range in this chart starts at 800, but I drove only 772 miles ...

CRM without Exchange Server ?
Do I need to install Exchange server to use Microsoft CRM ? Or can I use it without it ? I have Linux Servers, but microsoft mail clients... You do not need Exchange for CRM. But you do need Exchange for CRM Email "Joe Cactus !!!" <Joe Cactus !!!@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:58264387-1E85-42E6-A1AE-8A0D258E7F6D@microsoft.com... > Do I need to install Exchange server to use Microsoft CRM ? > Or can I use it without it ? I have Linux Servers, but microsoft mail > clients... > > Joe; There are a few ISV's who make products that...

Account Group ID #2
Even though I have included Account Group ID in my FA import it is not being assigned to the asset. This is a problem since the asset G/L depends on this ID. Right now all assets appear to be defaulting to the default Account Group ID. ...

How do I use 2 sets of data in a chart
both sets of data are in the same workbook, but on two different worksheets. Hi, Have read of Jon's page http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDiffSheets.html Cheers Andy Skeety wrote: > both sets of data are in the same workbook, but on two different worksheets. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Merging 2 Companies into 1
Are there any guidelines or outline for what tables you need to look at to gather the various information you need in order to merge 2 companies together as well as issues to consider when undertaking such a project? It is a project and a half. I got approval from a major client yesterday to proceed with just this project. You literally need to look at all of them! I understand that MS Professional Services will do this project for you. In my case the client cannot be down and has too many 3rd party products for us to pass it off. When does your project need to be completed? -- Ri...

Outlook problem!!! #2
Hullo folks. When i try to answer to group on some topic and then press send i get a message window where you can say yes, no or cancel, but there is absolutely NO text in the box what so ever. And i cannot click anywhere in the box to make my post send. What gives? Best Regards Silver. On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 12:42:22 -1000, Silver <dsl46016@vip.cybercity.dk> wrote: > Hullo folks. > > When i try to answer to group on some topic and then press send i get a > message window where you can say yes, no or cancel, but there is > absolutely > NO text in the box what s...

Importing data from Maximizer
Hi: What experience has anyone had with importing Maximizer data into MSCRM using either the Data Migration tool, Scribe, or a combination of both? Scribe don't handle this seamlessly, you apparently need to export to a .csv file first. Is this still quicker using this process with Scribe, than with the DMF? Many Thanks Cathy Allington Hi, We are also looking at migrating Maximizer into CRM. If you would not mind, could you please let me know if you find anything more on this. I would truly appreciate it. Shauna skoppang@shaw.ca "Cathy Allington" wrote: > Hi: > ...

Copying Cells #2
How can I copy a range of cells (some of which are filled with gray) from one worksheet to another worksheet without deleting any data that may be in the same range on the second sheet. Say the area is from A1 thru B2. Select A1 thru B2 on the first sheet and: Edit > Copy then select cell A1 only on the second sheet and: Edit > Paste Special > Formats. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200808 "DJ" wrote: > How can I copy a range of cells (some of which are filled with gray) from one > worksheet to another worksheet without deleting any data that may be in ...

creating an address data base #2
I would like to create a database of clients, and when i type ne invoices i would like to select them so the address etc will fill int the address block automaticly -- adspreadboroug ----------------------------------------------------------------------- adspreadborough's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1565 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27192 ...

look up question #2
I have a list of people with their system rights in the next column by group. Each person may have more than one type of right in the list as follows John Smith Edit Joe Doe Submit Cathy Dory Edit John Smith Submit As you can see above, John Smith has both edit and submit rights on this list. What I am looking for is a formula where I can look down the list of names and find all instances of John Smith and then it can tell me if John Smith ever has edit rights or ever has submit rights. What I would like it to do is return a 1 if he has edit rights a...

Word mail merge

Outlook backups #2
I am trying to find out some information about outlook backups. I was under the impression that with Outlook 2003 you no longer have to close down outlook to do the backup. But I was just told by a friend that that is not true the .pst files are locked and you still can't back up no matter what software you use unless outlook is closed. Does anyone know of software that will backup outlook even if it is opened or possibly will close outlook before it backs it up? Thanks Philip There are 3rd party utilities that do this. But Microsoft produced a little addon to for personal folder ...

Difference in years and months between 2 dates
Hi, Does anyone know how I can get the number of years and months between 2 dates? (Using Office 2000) Thanx Subtract one from the other "Els" <Els@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E54C0D76-1313-40EF-922C-FCB0780AD992@microsoft.com... : Hi, : : Does anyone know how I can get the number of years and months between 2 : dates? (Using Office 2000) : : Thanx Hi see http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >Does anyone know how I can get the number of years and months between 2 >dates? (Using Office 200...

Even chart scales for varying data concentration & labelling stuff
I have the cost of an item and the period/fiscal year it was sold in, in a table: P/year Cost 1/2005 32 1/2005 23 2/2005 23 3/2005 12 3/2005 32 3/2005 25 7/2005 64 How do I plot a bar chart (period/year is on on the x-axis, cost is on the y-axis) so that the period widths are equal in length on the x-axis scale independent of the number of units sold in that period. Also how can I make the x-scale look more elegant i.e have one label for each period (this is for period widths of equal length and also the defualt period widths proportional to the amount of data i.e. units sold). Tha...

Forwarding E-Mails without Openning??
I though this was posted yesterday, ... but let's try this again: Is there any way Outlook could automatically FORWARD e-mails to another email address (e.g., my cell phone) without having to open the e-mail first? I know a Rule could be setup to forward e-mails AFTER they are opened, but I would like this to happen when I am not at my computer. ...

creating chart with 2 stacked columns and 2 lines
2005 2004 cost revenue % cost revenue % A 2,608 3,377 77.22% 2,615 3,331 78.49% B 2,549 3,596 70.90% 3,069 3,793 80.90% C 2,307 2,912 79.20% 2,365 2,769 85.40% D 1,916 2,180 87.90% 2,028 2,201 92.12% E 1,659 2,413 68.76% 1,441 2,159 66.76% From the above table, I wanna have cost and revenue on the same stacked column but separate stack for year 2005 and 2004 and have % as a line (should be 2 stacked 5 stacked columns with 2 lines). I've tried it by setting the cost as a secondary axis and set it as a stacked column but the problem is it needs to use the same...

FORECASTING #2
Can someone help me. I would like to use excel to predict or forecast a number. I would like to plug in the following scenarios: 1st 2nd 1st 2nd 1st 2nd $ $ RT RT VST VST Increase % Increase 0.51 1.21 1.35 1.95 1.15 1.4 0.7 137% 0.66 1.5 1.85 2 1.25 1.33 0.84 127% 4.16 5.7 1.8 1.99 1.22 1.33 1.54 37% 4.52 11.12 1.31 2 1.23 1.47 6.6 146% 6.27 7.75 1.33 1.8 1.22 1.4 1.48 24% 6.74 14.5 0.96 2 1.13 1.54 7.76 115% 9.15 15.25 1.02 1.77 1.26 1.54 6.1 67% 11.86 23.64 1.67 2 1.41 1.55 11.78 99% 13.1 29.95 0.63 1.91 1.15 1.53 16.85 129% 14.76 25.9 1.12 1.84 1.27 1.49 11.14 75% 16.44 21.02 1.27 1.67...

Run macro from clicking on a cell
Is there a way that you can run a macro from clicking on a specified cell with a hyperlink or function. I can use the shortcut key, but some 'here' say it is not user friendly to have to use a shortcut key. help files haven't helped. -Joe -- jrd269 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jrd269's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23815 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=376404 jrd269 wrote: > Is there a way that you can run a macro from clicking on a specified > c...

Lookup help #2
Hi All Trying to basically find - if "reading" A1 on sheet 1 then find "reading" on sheet 2 in column A and return cell No On worksheet 1 in cell A1 = Reading Worksheet 2 in column A = list of teams including Reading (Reading is eg A7 on this list) Result A7 Not having much joy - I must be looking at it the wrong way. Any help greatly welcome Thanks Paul Since you already know that Column A contains your data, would the row number be good enough for you? =MATCH(A1,Sheet2!A:A,0) -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all corr...

adding data from multiple spreadsheets into one chart
I need to put information from 4 different spreadsheets into one graph. Can someone please help me? Produce a graph from your first spreadsheet. Copy the relevant data range from the second spreadsheet, then select the graph and edit/ paste special/ new series or new data points. Similarly for the third and fourth sheets. If you have difficulties getting exactly what you want that way, you can use edit Source Data in the graph to add an extra series or to change the X or Y data range for an existing sreries. -- David Biddulph "Marjory" <Marjory@discussions.microsoft.com&g...