How to merge 10 files in one step?

Hi Everyone

I would like to check is it possible to merge 10 files with the same
format together with one step or less steps when compared to opening up
10 files and then copy and paste? I would really appreciate any help
given...

Cheers

hce.xyn5b (1)

There is no way built into Excel to do a merge other than copy/paste. (Well,
there is the Data, Consolidate command but I doubt it would do what you
want).  People often write a macro to automate this sort of thing if they
have to do it repeatedly.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP

0
jrrech (1933)
12/5/2003 1:07:36 PM
This tool by MS might be worth a look...

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;181148

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP

0
jrrech (1933)

Outlook 2003 PRF File
Hi, Does anyone know if it is possible to set-up multiple profiles in a PRF files. We have a document management product that required a second profile in order to interact and so when Outlook is started we would like it to set-up the user profile and this additional profile, so 2 profiles. I know that you can set-up multiple services but we would like to have multiple profiles. Thanks, -- Jonathan Thomas Hampshire County Council Each PRF file can set up only one profile, and Outlook can process only one PRF file per Outlook session. Therefore, you can do this, but it will require ...

merging
Is it possible to create a document in publisher (mine is a certificate) and then merge the desired information from a select querry in access? Hi Tina (sttpreston@clyde.k12.oh.us), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Is it possible to create a document in publisher (mine is || a certificate) and then merge the desired information from || a select querry in access? Yes, you can. Which version of Publisher and Windows are you using? -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim.org This posting is provided "AS IS" wit...

.wav file issue
Greetings all: I created a small PowerPoint 2007 .pps file and in it is a 17mb .wav file. My intent is to attach the file to an email and send it to someone. I published the .pps to a folder then sent a test email to a 3rd party system, attaching the .pps file that then resided in the created folder. The works fine on my system, but does not play in the test system. I've received scores of .pps files in emails and sound plays. What am I missing? Thank you. "pinger" <pinger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33009843-0AF8-436E-988A-9D...

dlookup help 01-12-10
1) What am I doing wrong? Want to display dupe msg if ([ContactSubID]= 48 and [Current] = Yes) or [ContactSubID]= 49 and [Current] = Yes) 2) should this go in before update of ContactSubID and Current or the form? Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) Dim stLinkCriteria As String Dim rsc As DAO.Recordset ' Set rsc = Me.RecordsetClone stLinkCriteria = "([ContactSubID]= 48 or [ContactSubID]= 49 and [Current] = Yes)" 'Check table for duplicate ID If DCount("ContactSubID", "t41ContactsProj ", stLinkCriteria...

Outlook XP #10
Outlook on our new xp operating system, blocks all attachments. THIS IS NOT GOING TO WORK! as we use email to view photos for work!!! How do we make it open attachments? Do you really mean Outlook XP, as in Outlook 2002 from the Office XP suite? Or do you mean Outlook Express 6, which came installed (via Internet Explorer 6) with Windows XP? They're two completely different programs despite the unfortunately similar name. If you really mean Outlook, look here: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm If you meant Outlook Express, try this: http://www.omegageek.com/OESecu...

excel won't open file
I have a customer who has office 2000 and has done all the updates. when he clicks on a file .xls excel opens but the file does not. no blank document just excel but empty. any help???? Please??? From a previous post: === my first question is: Are you sure the workbook is open? Try window|Arrange|tiled If it shows up, resize by hand and save the workbook. If it didn't show up, Try window|unhide if it appears then, save the workbook. If it really wasn't open, but you can open it via File|Open, Close Excel and Windows Start Button|Run excel /unregserver then Windows Star...

Merge same transaction
I've had transactions that I've placed in my register with detailed info in the memo area only to have the same exact transaction download with no info and unrecognized as the same transaction. Traditionally I've copied and pasted the info into the downloaded transaction and then deleted my transaction. This is a real PAIN... Is there a way to tell Money that these two separate transactions are the SAME transaction and then have it merge them? It works exactly as intended when Money recognizes the transaction that's already in the register and then merges them beautiful...

Trying to combine multiple records into one record in a Query
I am new to Access, and very little knowledge about SQL. I read allot about normalization, need to know if I went to far with it with my Family table. Here is the structures for the tables I have, and of the query I want to create. Contact Table: tabContactID (Autonumber) ContactID (Create using VBA in a form) (PK) FirstName LastName etc.... Example: tabContactID ContactID FirstName LastName etc.... 0001 DonDuck Donald Duck 0002 MicMouse Mickey Mouse Next the Family Table: tabFamID (Autonumber)(PK...

Closing Outlook in a .bat file...?
Hi, Can I force Outlook to close in a DOS .bat file so I can then invoke the backup of the .pst database in the same .bat...? Thanks... -- Susan "Tiscali" <kegler@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message news:42d0ef53$1_3@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com... > Hi, > > Can I force Outlook to close in a DOS .bat file so I can then invoke the > backup of the .pst database in the same .bat...? > Yes, but two caveats: 1) The tool you use may depend on your version of Windows 2) Unless you take very special measures (keystroke pushing to answer dialogs) ...

.csv file
I am creating a .csv file which includes bank account numbers. Some of them include zeroes at the beginning but even if I format the column as text, the zeroes keep disappearing. Is there a way to keep the zeroes at the beginning of each cell? I am on Windows XP Professional and running Excel 2003 SP2. Thanks, Katherine How are you checking for the leading 0's? Are you opening the .csv file in NotePad? Or are you reimporting the file into excel? Try opening in NotePad to check. BCK57 wrote: > > I am creating a .csv file which includes bank account numbers. Some of them ...

Some JPG files cannot be open after Security Update for Outlook.
Just recently some of the users cannot open some JPG files. After some testing when file was saved through Outlook the size increased by ~30 KB and Windows Picture and Fax Viewer wasn't able to open the file. When files was saved through OWA Windows Picture and Fax Viewer could open the file fine. Tried to disable antivirus on outlook, server and nothing helped. Eventually uninstalling "Security Update for Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 (KB945432)" fixed the problem. Since then if the file is saved through Outlook it opens fine. Anybody experiencing this problem as well? Is there...

Opening a pst file with Outlook...
I sent home my contacts from outlook at work to my home here. The file is contacts.pst which is 761 KB. I went to outlook and clicked "file" "open" then "open data file" but my contacts are not showing. It brings me to a blank page. Does anyone know or have any idea where the contacts may have gone. I need these fiels ASAP as I am now working from home. If you can help please respond or call my cell at 630.532.1773 It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Shaun How did you create this PST? It's too small to contain much data. If you opened it and they...

Shared excel file dissapears
We use a shared excel 2000 xls file shared on a w2k server as a production log. we now have about 30 users with about 12 users constantly editing. As we add more users the dissapearances seem to mount up. we are at about 2 a day now. I was wondering what the max amount vs the recommended amount of simultaneous users are. Are there any known issues which would cause excel to mysteriously vanish?? thanks cr -- http://QLiner.com It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried. - Winston Churchill ...

Merging 2 Companies into 1
Are there any guidelines or outline for what tables you need to look at to gather the various information you need in order to merge 2 companies together as well as issues to consider when undertaking such a project? It is a project and a half. I got approval from a major client yesterday to proceed with just this project. You literally need to look at all of them! I understand that MS Professional Services will do this project for you. In my case the client cannot be down and has too many 3rd party products for us to pass it off. When does your project need to be completed? -- Ri...

Excel "file is already open"
Whenever I open a '.xls' workbook from outside Excel (such as from Windows Explorer), Excel indicates that the file is already open - although, once I click OK, I seem to be able to work with the file normally. The same file will open fine from within Excel. I am using Excel 97 on an XP-Home machine. Can you explain why I may be getting this message, and how I might correct for it? The FAQ at Debra Dalgleish's site might give the solution: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen John McFadden wrote: > > Whenever I open a '.xls' workbook from ...

Outlook 2010
In Outlook 2003 I had one .pst file with all contacts inside, but used 3 email accounts with no automatic rules for mail delivery. I manually put the emails down in it's respective archive.pst files and want it done this way. In Outlook 2010 when using several email accounts, it's automatically established one .pst file for each email account where the respective email drops into. Is there a way to have it all into one "Personal Folder" (the old way)? (I want to send emails were sender account is the only on showing as sender and not any "sent on behalf ...

Pasting picture files to Excel
Whenever I paste ia jpg picture nto Excel (or Word for that matter), I get only 3 choices (bitmap, metafile (bigger than bitmap), and photoediting (bigger than both)) . My question is, is there anyway to paste in a picture to an Excel file, but keeping it compressed as a jpeg file, this way the excel file size doesn't grow by leaps and bounds? Thanks. Matt: Since Excel has the ability of editing a picture, the software has to limit its pictures to those formats that MS has editing tools to work with. That's why you can't easily set up JPG or GIF pictures as embedde...

Mass Re-linking of Broken Excel 2000 and 2003 Files
We are moving customer files to a different server and have several individuals who have MANY linked Excel 2000 and 2003 files to other Excel files. I am getting pressure from some individuals on finding a tool to re-link moved files more easily than on a one-by-one basis when they are opened. Does anyone know of anything like this? Have a look in Help at Worbook.ChangeLink HTH -- AP "Lynn" <Lynn@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 88648722-5AC2-4C38-8536-ED7A405F095E@microsoft.com... > We are moving customer files to a different server and...

Word mail merge

mail merge/merging 2 address lists...
Is there a way to merge two of your address lists in Publisher 2002? I have two address lists in my data base folder and would like all the addresses merged into one as there are some addresses different in each and some the same. Thank you. Robin Hi Robin (vicary@kconline.com.NOSPAM), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Is there a way to merge two of your address lists in Publisher 2002? || I have two address lists in my data base folder and would like all || the addresses merged into one as there are some addresses different || in each and some the same. No, you cannot. You nee...

Create filtered dataset from XML file?
I need to create a Dataset and datatable from an XML file. The only way I know how to make a Dataset and Datatable, is by using an Access database as my datastore: You know, the usual thing in all the books; an OleDbDataAdapter, with a SQL string and connection. How can I do this using an XML file instead of an Access table? I know I can convert an XML file straight into a Dataset. But the dataset always contains ALL the info from the XML file. I want the dataset to be filtered by using some sort of query. A couple years ago I hurt my brain figuring out Xpath. Boy, i'm just not mea...

Updating Excel Files
I am a novice user of excel and need a little help. I am using spreadsheet to update my websites inventory levels. I receive a inventory update file from my supplier once a day. The problem is don't sell all of the items in that file. eg My File 1 ---- Suppliers File BDDTTH ---- 100001 BDGBB ---- 100011 BDGCJ ---- 1099211 BDGJCS ---- BDGJCS BDGJGL ---- BDJGL BDLB-BD38 ---- BDDTH What I need to do is compare the part numbers and if I get a matc update the inv...

Why I get always two shortcuts for one "Create Shortcut" request?
I only request one desktop shortcut of a web page I like, yet I end up with two though only one of them works. The other one has only a General tab, without the Web Document tab and URL. I only noticed this recently. ...

Excel formula 01-31-10
Range is b3:af3 I want to total entries that would have s=2 in a cell or s=5 in the range. I cannot get the formula to work .. Any suggestions maybe... =countif(b3:af3,"s=2") or =countif(b3:af3,"*"&"s=2"&"*") if s=2 can be in a cell with other text. Rick wrote: > > Range is b3:af3 I want to total entries that would have s=2 in a cell or s=5 > in the range. I cannot get the formula to work .. Any suggestions -- Dave Peterson Rick, You need to clarify this (well for me you do). What precisely is in these ce...

Can I save application as .exe file
I have created several successful Access applications in the past. I need an application that can be maintained on several different computers which may not all have MS Office installed. Can I put the complete database on a CD so different people can update the data? I guess that this means the application would have to be a .exe file and maybe use CD-RW CDs so it can be written to on different computers. Really Gone There's never been an ability to create an executable from an Access database, and I wouldn't expect there ever to be such a capability. Take a look a...