How to maximize the Excel window?

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to maximize teh excel window whenever
I open excel?
I have set Excel application's property into maximizing window, but I get
many excel files and shortcuts, which property are set into standard. I
cannot individually set each file with maximizing window property, does
anyone have any suggestions on how to do it?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric

You could create a new workbook and store it in your XLStart folder that
contains a macro that runs each time excel is opened.

Lots of people use the name Personal.xls for this file.  And they put all their
macros that they want available when excel opens.

This is the macro:

Option Explicit
Sub Auto_Open()
    Application.WindowState = xlMaximized
End Sub

If you're new to macros:

Debra Dalgleish has some notes how to implement macros here:
http://www.contextures.com/xlvba01.html

David McRitchie has an intro to macros:

Ron de Bruin's intro to macros:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/code.htm

(General, Regular and Standard modules all describe the same thing.)

--

Dave Peterson
0

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> You could create a new workbook and store it in your XLStart folder that
> contains a macro that runs each time excel is opened.
>
> Lots of people use the name Personal.xls for this file.  And they put all their
> macros that they want available when excel opens.
>
> This is the macro:
>
> Option Explicit
> Sub Auto_Open()
>     Application.WindowState = xlMaximized
> End Sub
>
> If you're new to macros:
>
> Debra Dalgleish has some notes how to implement macros here:
> http://www.contextures.com/xlvba01.html
>
> David McRitchie has an intro to macros:
>
> Ron de Bruin's intro to macros:
> http://www.rondebruin.nl/code.htm
>
> (General, Regular and Standard modules all describe the same thing.)
>
> Eric wrote:
> >
> > Does anyone have any suggestions on how to maximize teh excel window whenever
> > I open excel?
> > I have set Excel application's property into maximizing window, but I get
> > many excel files and shortcuts, which property are set into standard. I
> > cannot individually set each file with maximizing window property, does
> > anyone have any suggestions on how to do it?
> > Thanks in advance for any suggestions
> > Eric
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson
> .

What is your security setting for macros?  If you stop them from running, then
this macro won't run.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Dave Peterson wrote:

> What is your security setting for macros?  If you stop them from running, then
> this macro won't run.
>
> Eric wrote:
>
>>I set schedule to open excel file, when it opens, the excel window's size is
>>not maximized, and I have tried your approach, but it still does not work on
>>excel file, which is triggered to open by schedule task. For manually opened
>>approach, it works.
>>Do you have any suggestions?
>>Thanks in advance for any suggestions
>>Eric
>>
>>"Dave Peterson" wrote:
>>

>>>You could create a new workbook and store it in your XLStart folder that
>>>contains a macro that runs each time excel is opened.
>>>
>>>Lots of people use the name Personal.xls for this file.  And they put all their
>>>macros that they want available when excel opens.
>>>
>>>This is the macro:
>>>
>>>Option Explicit
>>>Sub Auto_Open()
>>>    Application.WindowState = xlMaximized
>>>End Sub
>>>
>>>If you're new to macros:
>>>
>>>Debra Dalgleish has some notes how to implement macros here:
>>>http://www.contextures.com/xlvba01.html
>>>
>>>David McRitchie has an intro to macros:
>>>http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm
>>>
>>>Ron de Bruin's intro to macros:
>>>http://www.rondebruin.nl/code.htm
>>>
>>>(General, Regular and Standard modules all describe the same thing.)

>>>--
>>>
>>>Dave Peterson
>>>.

0
Bob
5/6/2010 12:55:41 PM
It seems to me that not able to maximize window is related to schedule task
function under XP, since when I manually open excel file, it can maximize the
window's size, but the excel window size cannot be maximized if the same file
is opened by schedule task at specific time.
Do you have any suggestions?

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> What is your security setting for macros?  If you stop them from running, then
> this macro won't run.
>
> Eric wrote:
> >
> > I set schedule to open excel file, when it opens, the excel window's size is
> > not maximized, and I have tried your approach, but it still does not work on
> > excel file, which is triggered to open by schedule task. For manually opened
> > approach, it works.
> > Do you have any suggestions?
> > Thanks in advance for any suggestions
> > Eric
> >
> > "Dave Peterson" wrote:
> >
> > > You could create a new workbook and store it in your XLStart folder that
> > > contains a macro that runs each time excel is opened.
> > >
> > > Lots of people use the name Personal.xls for this file.  And they put all their
> > > macros that they want available when excel opens.
> > >
> > > This is the macro:
> > >
> > > Option Explicit
> > > Sub Auto_Open()
> > >     Application.WindowState = xlMaximized
> > > End Sub
> > >
> > > If you're new to macros:
> > >
> > > Debra Dalgleish has some notes how to implement macros here:
> > > http://www.contextures.com/xlvba01.html
> > >
> > > David McRitchie has an intro to macros:
> > > http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm
> > >
> > > Ron de Bruin's intro to macros:
> > > http://www.rondebruin.nl/code.htm
> > >
> > > (General, Regular and Standard modules all describe the same thing.)

> > > --
> > >
> > > Dave Peterson
> > > .
> > >

> --
>
> Dave Peterson
> .

Only what I posted before.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Eric wrote:

> It seems to me that not able to maximize window is related to schedule task
> function under XP, since when I manually open excel file, it can maximize the
> window's size, but the excel window size cannot be maximized if the same file
> is opened by schedule task at specific time.
> Do you have any suggestions?
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions
> Eric
>
> "Dave Peterson" wrote:
>

>>What is your security setting for macros?  If you stop them from running, then
>>this macro won't run.
>>
>>Eric wrote:
>>
>>>I set schedule to open excel file, when it opens, the excel window's size is
>>>not maximized, and I have tried your approach, but it still does not work on
>>>excel file, which is triggered to open by schedule task. For manually opened
>>>approach, it works.
>>>Do you have any suggestions?
>>>Thanks in advance for any suggestions
>>>Eric

>>--
>>
>>Dave Peterson
>>.

0
Bob
5/6/2010 4:15:02 PM
My username is set to be administrator with password.
The macro security is middle, and I already install my local digit cert,
which is created by selfcert.exe to automatically enable the macro as it
opens.
Could you please give me any suggestions why security could relate to my
issue for not able to maximize excel window's size? If I manually open the
excel file, and it can maximize the excel window's size, would schedule task
be the root for looking for solution instead of excel?

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> What is your security setting for macros?  If you stop them from running, then
> this macro won't run.
>
> Eric wrote:
> >
> > I set schedule to open excel file, when it opens, the excel window's size is
> > not maximized, and I have tried your approach, but it still does not work on
> > excel file, which is triggered to open by schedule task. For manually opened
> > approach, it works.
> > Do you have any suggestions?
> > Thanks in advance for any suggestions
> > Eric
> >
> > "Dave Peterson" wrote:
> >
> > > You could create a new workbook and store it in your XLStart folder that
> > > contains a macro that runs each time excel is opened.
> > >
> > > Lots of people use the name Personal.xls for this file.  And they put all their
> > > macros that they want available when excel opens.
> > >
> > > This is the macro:
> > >
> > > Option Explicit
> > > Sub Auto_Open()
> > >     Application.WindowState = xlMaximized
> > > End Sub
> > >
> > > If you're new to macros:
> > >
> > > Debra Dalgleish has some notes how to implement macros here:
> > > http://www.contextures.com/xlvba01.html
> > >
> > > David McRitchie has an intro to macros:
> > > http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm
> > >
> > > Ron de Bruin's intro to macros:
> > > http://www.rondebruin.nl/code.htm
> > >
> > > (General, Regular and Standard modules all describe the same thing.)

> > > --
> > >
> > > Dave Peterson
> > > .
> > >

> --
>
> Dave Peterson
> .

Try changing your security settings to low (just temporarily).

Does the automated procedure work then?

If yes, then it's the security setting.

I've never used the certificate stuff, so I'm not sure how it applies to these
kinds of scheduled tasks.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Microsoft Excel 11.0 Object Library documentation?
I am an Agilent VEE Pro 8.0 software user (similar to Visual Basic) trying to write data to Excel and create Charts using the Microsoft Excel 11.0 Object LIbrary. I have not been able to find any documentation on the objects within this Library(other than the one liners supplied by the Library). Some of it is straight forward whereas some objects I can only guess what kind or why certian variables are passed around and the hierarchical dependancies of commands needed to accomplish things like using a column of data as X labels and rotating the X labels. Is there some book, web site, ...

Excel viewer?
I have been sent an EXCEL file to fill in and return, but I have no EXCEL. Is there a viewer or something that will work for this one off form? ...

Maximized vs minimized
I have a macro that copies data from disc drive A: and copies it to th current open spreadsheet. All works fine, except when it's done i minimizes the window. What code could I add to maximize the active window? Something like: ActiveWindow.WindowState = ???????? Thank You, Michae -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Michael Try, Application.WindowState = xlMaximized Cheers John "daniels012 >" <<daniels012.1b7dva@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:daniels012.1b7dva@excelforum-nospam.com... > I have a macro that copies data from di...

combined line-column excel chart
How can I choose which series will be plotted as lines and which ones will be plotted as bars? Hi, Select one of the series and right click. Pick Chart Type from the context menu and select the appropriate chart type. Cheers Andy Francisco Barros Castro wrote: > How can I choose which series will be plotted as lines and which ones will be > plotted as bars? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Handling concurrent access with excel spreadsheets
We have a scenario in my group where one user may be updating a spreadsheet, and 3 or 4 others may be accessing it in read-only mode at the same time. When all is said and done, it is not uncommon for nobody to be able to get into the sheet in update mode, even after all users who had been in the sheet have exited. This seemed to become an issue with the introduction of Windows XP. Short of trying to convince people to only go in one at a time, does anyone have any concurrent access tips to offer? Or, is there a way to inquire on all enqueues against a given sheet and then ...

Making Distribution From Excel
I have a need to make Outlook 2000 distribution Lists from an excel spreadsheet. I tried using the import function, but got the DL imported as contacts instead. Is there an easy way to import an excel spreadsheet (or .txt or .csv) file as a true distribution list? Regards, Frank ...

Excel Integration
I am automating the entry of a sales invoice spreadsheet from excel into dynamics using sanscript code in the Excel VBA module (which works fine), but having a problem posting the nominal ledger codes in the distributions scrolling window. Do you have some sample code to demonstrate how to move "down" to the second line of the grid. ie How do you define the line numbers for the field names ? Thanks for any help ...

Excel printing problems with macros in spreadsheet
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have an older printer (Xerox Phaser 5400) which has been a work horse. I have just purchased a new iMac that has Leopard on it. Now, my spreadsheets that were made in 2008 Excel won't print to the Xerox if they have macros in them. Anyone have a fix on this? I uploaded the driver AGAIN from Xerox website and it doesn't fix the problem. > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3347691155_512...

How to Display Message after the completion of OS task in EXCEL.
Hi, I am using a VB script in order to perform Operating system task vi EXCEL. The routine, which is written in Excel VB, take a backup of files. When the code runs it�s begin backup of several OS files via Comman prompt. But after the completion of backup we can't know when its end or is i successful or not. I wanted that when this activity completes, a message box appear o EXCEL, which informs that the task is completed and its statu (successful or unsuccessful). What extra piece of code I add in the following code in order t accomplish the desired result? Could some please inform...

Windows Explorer problem
I keep getting a "Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and has to close" error when I try to play a videos on my pc. Details show: AppName Explorer.exe AppVer 6.0.2900.5512 Mod Name Xvid.ax Mod Ver 0.0.0.0 Offset 003d928 Any suggestions? thanks sharkman -- Nevermind... I downloaded a newer version of Xvid and that did the trick sharkman -- "sharkman" <sharkman5578@verizon.net> wrote in message news:hg87n4$49b$1@news.eternal-september.org... > > I keep getting a "Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and has to ...

excel formula.
=IF(Sheet1!B4=Sheet1!B1,2,If(Sheet1!B4>Sheet1!B1,1,If (Sheet1!B4<Sheet1!B1,4) In the above formula how would I insert an incremental amount. ie: If(Sheet1!B4>Sheet1!B1,1, the increase to be by two and the result remain one. ie: (Sheet1!B4<Sheet1!B1,4) the decrease be by 1 with the result remaining 4 I am sure that what you want to do is possible, but you have to be a little more descriptive to make us understand. Thanks. Ideally, put up some cell names, put values, then say what you want done. Boris >-----Original Message----- >=IF(Sheet1!B4=Sheet1!...

Only show one Access in the windows task list
I only want to see one occurrence of Access in my windows task list - not one for all open forms. Where do I set that option? -- Diane in the debug window, Ctrl + G, (or code) Application.SetOption("WindowsInTaskBar"), False HtH Pieter "DianePDavies" <DianePDavies@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3609D879-ACC9-4CE5-96D3-841806A1C32B@microsoft.com... >I only want to see one occurrence of Access in my windows task list - not >one > for all open forms. Where do I set that option? > -- > Diane ...

How to craete a bar chart in excell
Hi i'm trying to make a bar chart in excel but i haven't used it before..... Suppose i had data like this: Product | Price | Date of Purchase | Catagory TV | $100 | 05/08/2004 | New Computer | $300 | 05/08/2004 | Old Fridge | $500 | 12/02/2004 | New $900 I'm trying to graph data like this by 'catagory', in bar format. So the graph function would need to first do a count of the occurences of each type of catagory, and then graph it. Can someone either give me a link, or tel...

Maximizing MainFrame
Hi everyone, I use VC++ 6.0. I have an MDI application that I want to be able to dynamiaclly maximize in such a way that user would not be able to get to the desktop. My goals are: 1. MainFrame should be maximized. 2. Minimize and Restore buttons should be either greyed out or removed. 3. User should not be able to move the application window. 4. The [x] close button in the top right corner should be visible. I have to use SetWindowLong() as oppose to Create() because this all has to happen dynamically many times in application's lifetime. My goal 1 ("maximized" is easy to achi...

Excel 2002 cannot copy data from website to excel
I have data in a website that looks like the following US 04872 - CASS CITY CASMI CTR 2 US 04881 - FLINT-SOUTH 4881 CTR 2 US 04885 - MOUNT PLEASANT MTPMI CTR 2 In previous versions of excel, when I copy this data it would put US in column 04872 in column - in column CASS CITY in column 4 and so on The problem is now when I copy this data and try to paste it into Excel 2002 I receive the following error "Microsoft Excel cannot paste data" What should I do? - Paste Special as text is not a good option cause it doesn't...

How do I import excel PDF into publisher
I created a spreadsheet in excel and would like to import into publisher exactly as it is. I have it saved as PDF, but how do I bring it into publisher? You can try insert as an Object...but it generally doesn't look/work very well. Try it as an image file, like .tif or png or gif (not jpg). -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "carrie2914" <carrie2914@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C2E34BA-7CDC-4933-96AA-DED762DDDFFB@microsoft.com... > I created a spreadsheet in excel and would like to import into publisher >...

extra empty rows in Excel file
My Excel file has 950 rows of data. Somehow, I now have over 58,000 rows of empty cells; the file size has grown from 500kb to 2100 kb. How do I delete the empty rows? Using vba you can try something like: Sub DeleteRows Dim Row as integer Dim Col as integer Dim CountingValue as integer For row = 1 to 60000 Col = 1 For col = 1 to 10 if len(cells(row,col).value) > 0 then CountingValue = CountingValue+1 goto nextRow end if Next Col NextRow: if Countingvalue >0 then Cells(row,1).entirerow.delete Countingvalue = 0 end if Next Row end sub The script checks the first 10 cells of ea...

how to do in excel
hi all if i have the following coulm 26 26 22 23 24 26 25 24 12 i want formule to remove duplicate so the result will be as following 26 22 23 24 25 12 and other formule if it is possible to give result from less number to biggest with remove duplicate as following 12 22 23 24 25 26 Thank you If not column A then change mc=1. Adjust if you don't want to delete ROW Option Explicit Sub SortanddeldupsSAS() Dim mc As Long Dim lr As Long Dim i As Long mc = 1 'column A lr = Cells(Rows.Count, mc).End(xlUp).Row Range(Cells(1, mc), Cel...

Import Assignments Using Excel
I've exported the assignments from an existing schedule to Excel, this gives me the proper structure; I've updated the hours leaving everything else unchanged, and tried unsuccessfully to import the data back into MS Project using WBS as the Merge Key. It doesn't work. What am I doing wrong? Thank you. The Excel export/import looks like this: WBS Resource Work 1.2.1 Lead Engrg 10 1.2.2 Sr Engrg 20 1.2.3 Engrg B 30 Hello WorkingMan, I suggest ex...

Disappearing info in merged cells
I created a document that had merged cells. After saving my document several times, info that was placed in merged cells kept disappearing. Any suggestions? Nora I will assume you know that if you data in 4 cells then merge those cells only the data in top left cell will remain after merging. So, I guess that leaves us with data disappearing from cells you have merged previously and added/changed within. I cannot replicate this behaviour unless I enter more than 1024 characters in the merged cell. Excel treats multiple cells merged to 1 as a single cell. Excel allows 32,767 character...

Excel 2003 #7
I have created a worksheet that requires the Analysis ToolPak add-in. On one Windows XP Pro computer, when I close the worksheet and open it again I have to select the Analysis ToolPak again to allow the worksheet functions to work. On another Windows XP computer the worksheet opens automatically with the ToolPak add-in already selected. How do I get the worksheet to open the Analysis ToolPax automatically on the first computer so that I do not have to do this manually. -- Ken Coburn Ken The selected Add-ins are stored in the Registry under this key. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Micr...

Mac excel to PC excel
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Email Client: imap I'm a long time PC user that just switched to Mac and am using MS Office for the Mac. The excel view is quite different. Is there any way to quickly change the entire default view to the default view of MS excel for PCs? For example the short-cut keys of F2 and F4 don't work. Also, there is no bar that lets me view cell formulas when a cell is highlighted. <br><br>Thanks > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this m...

Outlook 07 with Windows 7
Each time I open Outlook '07 on my computer with Win7 a screen comes up asking if I would like to allow the program to make changes to my computer, if I click yes the program opens up but it changes the screen resolution settings and color management to a point where it looks like it is booted up in 'safe mode' when you close out of Outlook the display settings retunr to normal. Any suggestions?? Did you set outlook to use compatibility mode? Right click on outlook shortcut, choose properties and check the compatibility tab. Also check this on outlook.exe -- ...

Excel Billing
Right now we have a billing system using Excel 2002 and we have to manually put in each work order number. Is there a way around this so it will automatically go to the next number so It keeps track OF INVOICES. Probably a stab in the dark but we are a charity organization and can't really afford the high end software. Thanks for any help JAS Quickbooks Simple Start is pretty cheap and can probably get the job done. <slush@albertaimit.ca> wrote in message news:ae6dn0djm0v3q87oiqmivn65rjtnqteplm@4ax.com... > Right now we have a billing system using Excel 2002 and we have...

Help on EXCEL-VBA Encryption on HASP Key
Hello everyone Was wondering if someone could help me. I have some data calculations on excel (using solver for iterations) and would like to get it encrypted for protection via HASP keys. The only two mode to do this is via encrypting .exe files or from VBA itself - linked to the key via DLL. Firstly, is there any way I could convert my EXCEL file (with macros) into .exe (without getting ALL other excel files encrypted as well and not infringing with Microsoft's EULA)? Secondly, how do I get my excel file to communicate to the HASP key via VBA? Many thanks in advance for your help Faz ...