I want to get or create a formula in excel or access that allows me to keep a
running total of my supplies ie... I have 2 pens, remove one and receive 2.
answer in the cell becomes 3 pens then if I zero out the received cell the
inventory cell still remembers that I have 3 pens not 4 pens (because I
received 2 more pens) and visa versa when I zero out the received cell it
remembers I have 3 pens not 1 pen(because I removed 1 pen)
0
MichaelL (7)

I believe the method you suggest is flawed. You have no audit trail. If the
number on the sheet doesn't match your actual inventory, how will you figure
out what went wrong? (I assume you would want to know that...)

I suggest you use a list of your transactions, with positive quantities for
receipts and negative for the disbursements. Then you can get the quantity at
any point with a simple SUM formula.

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 14:15:03 -0800, "michaell"
<michaell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I want to get or create a formula in excel or access that allows me to keep a
>running total of my supplies ie... I have 2 pens, remove one and receive 2.
>answer in the cell becomes 3 pens then if I zero out the received cell the
>inventory cell still remembers that I have 3 pens not 4 pens (because I
>received 2 more pens) and visa versa when I zero out the received cell it
>remembers I have 3 pens not 1 pen(because I removed 1 pen)

0
anonymous (74717)

Excel Calculation Error for formula to sum
I entered a formula of =sum(E11:E56) for example and excel did not return a correct calculation. I checked the format of the cells and it is a custom one. I checked for hidden values and could not find any (to my understanding it will show a blank cell but if the cell is highlighted and it is a hidden value it will show the number in the formula bar). The sum that Excel returned is exactly 6033 over, which is a value that is included of what I told excel to add for me. Any ideas? I changed the format to general, to a number, etc and it did not help. Also, another item that is stra...

How do you delete a file in Excel's VB?
Not much more to ask than that. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks Tino Tino, Use the Kill command to permanently delete a file. For example, Kill "C:\temp\book1.xls" Note that Kill does not put the file in the Recycle Bin. To delete a file to the Recycle Bin, see www.cpearson.com/excel/recycle.htm . -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com <tanast@ing.com.au> wrote in message news:3fce6904.5614763@news.clari.net.au... > Not much more to ask than that. > > Any help would be much appreciated. ...

Running sum that restarts on each group
Hi, I would like to create in a query a field that calculates the running sum of orders on each term. I.e., each order with OrderDate, between BeginTernDate and EndTermDate, should be added. the the running sum of the same term. However, once we have orders from new term - the running sum must restart from the first order of the second term. The query is based on another query (instead of tables), that gathers all relevant fields. it should look like: Term BeginDate OrderDate OrderAmount Running 36 Jan 2006 Jan 2006 100 ...

Make Default

VS Debug Mobile
Hi, When I'm writing mobile apps in vb.net and want to F5 to deploy and run in debug, I'd like to force the device's internet connection to be the one used rather than the PC's internet connection. Active Sync & Windows Mobile Device Center don't seem to offer that as a configuration choice. I want to be able to debug in VS on the PC while the app runs on the device and uses it's internet connection. I've tried both Work Connection and Internet, Automatic for "the computer is connected to" setting. Please suggest solutions. ...

Converting Files #5
If anyone can/will convert version 2.0 files so I can open them in 2002, let me know. How many files? I will convert them for you. Are you certain they are 2.0 files. Use to be Publisher 2002 would open these files, but a Window security update cured that. mary-sauer at columbus.rr.com -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jerry" <Jerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2502F7A5-3ED5-4E65-8A3C-078E9FEC7191@microsoft.com... > If anyone can/will convert version 2.0 files so I can open the...

Payables check batch stuck in "Work"
I have a check batch that is stuck in "Work" status. I've read several of your responses here and have looked both in Print checks and in post checks but the batch is not available in either location. There are about 1000 invoices attached to this check batch (actually just 1 check) so I really need to get this figured out! Please advise There is a knowledgebase article about stuck batches. The old article id is 18064. The heading is "Unable To Post or Unmark a Batch For Posting." -- Charles Allen, MVP "Gwen Staples" wrote: > I have a check batc...

hyperlinks between excel and work when e-mailing
I have hyperlinks between cells in an Excel worksheet and text explanation of the cells in a Word document (the explanation are too voluminous for cells). Works great on my computer, but when I e-mail the files to others the path to the hyperlinks no longer work. Is there a way to have a "generic" path as long as the recipient put the files in one folder? ...

making a transfer show up in the budget

making tickets

Custom Application performance dll : NOT working on Perfmon 2003
I have a performance dll which pulls up custom counters from my application as per the performance dll spec. It works fine with XP and shows values when invoked by perfmon. When my application is run on windows 2003 the perfmon of 2003 does not show any values. It shows "---" for values. If the same process that is running on win 2003 is monitored from a perfmon of XP it shows the right values. Any ideas as to what could be wrong. Thanks in advance ...

Reversing name values in a field
Hi, I have a field called CustomerName that has values that are last name, first name. So there is a value of Smith, John which is John Smith. I want to preserve the value in this field but create a new field called CustomerName1 that has John Smith in it. It would need to somehow reverse the values based on the comma delimeter and then get rid of the comma. Can someone help? Thanks, -- Chuck W LN = Left$(CustomerName, InStr(CustomerName, ",") - 1) FN = Right$(CustomerName, Len(CustomerName) - InStr(CustomerName, ",")) -Dorian "ChuckW" wrote:...

How do you change cells with formula's to the value or text?
In lotus it is possible to change the formula in a cell to the text or the number that that formula returns. Of course, you can not reverse it, but in is very helpful sometimes. Is that possible in Excel CTRL + ~ will toggle between formulas and values -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Attitude - A little thing that makes a BIG difference ----------------------------------------------------------------------------...

Rules that don't work-OL2007
Is MS ever going to put out a version of OL in which rules actually work? I just upgraded to Office OL2007 from Office OL2003, thinking that one of the benefits would be that my rules would start doing what they're supposed to. Hmm. I have a rules that work fine if I see that a subject message has gotten through, and I manually run the rule, but the rule(s) don't do their stuff automatically when the message arrives. I've been very careful about ordering the rules, so I'm certain that the rules are executed in the correct order. Doesn't matter. Are OL rules just a...

Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Mobile Supports Windows Mobile 5.0
http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=5641 ========================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/crm/community/microsoft_crm_community.mspx Can u give waht are the models Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Mobile Supports? John O'Donnell wrote: > http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=5641 > > ========================= > John O'Donnell > Microsoft CRM MVP > http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/crm/community/microsoft_crm_community.mspx ...

Outlook Calendar Resources becomes Attendee after edit
In Outlook 2002, you can book a meeting with a Resource in your calendar. However what is happening is when this person edits the meeting with a resourse in it the resource becomes an Attendee. Any Ideas? ...

AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE $$$

Sum of multiple numbers from query
I've got 3 fields that the user will put the numbers in I want to get a total of all 3 fields. field names: ReExp AvoidNumb AutoArousal total field: TotalPSS-SR need help how do I make the query work? Kim Add an additional field to your query: [TotalPSS-SR] = [ReExp] + [AvoidNumb] + [AutoArousal] "Kim T" wrote: > I've got 3 fields that the user will put the numbers in I want to get a total > of all 3 fields. > field names: > ReExp > AvoidNumb > AutoArousal > > total field: TotalPSS-SR > need help how do I make the query work? > Kim ...

How to make VLOOKUP work for this

Link for invite not working
Exchange 2003 sp2 When a user opens an appointment in OWA the url given for the appointment does not work. Example of the URl: http://servername/exchange/username/calendar/lunch-10.EML?cmd=open ...

Ignoring Negative Values
Like all things in Excel there must be a way... Given a column of numbers (say for simplicity 5 numbers) how can you use a formula to sum them and ignore any that are negative? (e.g. four of our 5 numbers are 5 and the other is -5 I want my formula to display 20 and not 15 or 25). Thanks. =SUMIF(A1:A5,">0") Greetings from New Zealand Bill K "solomon_monkey" <solomonmonkey@aol.com> wrote in message news:1119083876.413478.65430@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Like all things in Excel there must be a way... > > Given a column of numbers (say for simp...