I want to get or create a formula in excel or access that allows me to keep a
running total of my supplies ie... I have 2 pens, remove one and receive 2.
answer in the cell becomes 3 pens then if I zero out the received cell the
inventory cell still remembers that I have 3 pens not 4 pens (because I
received 2 more pens) and visa versa when I zero out the received cell it
remembers I have 3 pens not 1 pen(because I removed 1 pen)
0
MichaelL (7)

I believe the method you suggest is flawed. You have no audit trail. If the
number on the sheet doesn't match your actual inventory, how will you figure
out what went wrong? (I assume you would want to know that...)

I suggest you use a list of your transactions, with positive quantities for
receipts and negative for the disbursements. Then you can get the quantity at
any point with a simple SUM formula.

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 14:15:03 -0800, "michaell"
<michaell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I want to get or create a formula in excel or access that allows me to keep a
>running total of my supplies ie... I have 2 pens, remove one and receive 2.
>answer in the cell becomes 3 pens then if I zero out the received cell the
>inventory cell still remembers that I have 3 pens not 4 pens (because I
>received 2 more pens) and visa versa when I zero out the received cell it
>remembers I have 3 pens not 1 pen(because I removed 1 pen)

0
anonymous (74721)

how to shade every other 5 rows
how to shade every other 5 rows Click on the Row-Header (the actual 1 in the left margin) - then Format, Conditional Formatting, Select Formula Is drop-down in box enter: =MOD(ROW(),5)=0 Click Format button, select Gray Pattern Ok, out Again Click on Row-Header (only on 1st row) - Select Format-Painter and click on row-header 2 and drag down the row-header column to say 100 That should get you rows 1 - 100. "chiechka" wrote: > how to shade every other 5 rows chiechka wrote: > how to shade every other 5 rows Here's a link to a handy little free tool called ASAP...

jamba handylogo editor jamba logos fur handy jamba handylogo ohne abo jamba handylogo samsung bmw jamba handylogo jamba handylogo s
jamba handylogo editor jamba logos fur handy jamba handylogo ohne abo jamba handylogo samsung bmw jamba handylogo jamba handylogo s + + + + + + JAMBA HANDY LOGO + + + JAMBA HANDY LOGO + + + http://WWW.JAMBA-HANDY-LOGO.DE/ http://WWW.JAMBA-HANDY-LOGO.DE/ http://WWW.JAMBA-HANDY-LOGO.DE/ + + + + + JAMBA HANDY SPIELE + + + JAMBA HANDY SPIELE + + + http://WWW.HANDY-SPIELE-JAMBA.DE/ http://WWW.HANDY-SPIELE-JAMBA.DE/ http://WWW.HANDY-SPIELE-JAMBA.DE/ + + + + + JAMBA HANDY KLINGELTON + + + JAMBA HANDY KLINGELTON + + + http://WWW.JAMBA-KLINGELTON.DE/ http://WWW.JAMBA-KLINGELTON.DE/ http://WWW.JAMB...

A script to replace a value with another
i want to replace a field with another within the same Contact record. Is there any example that you can show me? i'll doing this to over 5,000 records. i'm using Outlook 2002, personal use. rayswchiu -- Phone: (852) 9258 6600 Email: rayswchiu@gmail.com ...

Rules wizard problem #5
I am using Outlook 2000 SP-3 on Windows XP. I have set up 19 rules to move messages to various other folders based on various criteria. After these rules I have 3 other rules to move various spam to the Deleted Items folders. Then, there's the Adult Content Rule, Junk E-mail Rule, and Exception List. My problem is that some of the messages moved by the first 19 rules gets copied to the Deleted Items folder. There seems to be no logical reasons for this to happen. I have searched posts and can't find an answer to this specific problem. I am wondering if my spam rules should...

Recurring app't for 1st working day
Hi, Is it possible to have a recusrring monthly appointment set to the first WORKING day of each month? Many thanks, Jason "Me!" <dummy@dummy.dummy> wrote in message news:eWLImhKdJHA.572@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to have a recusrring monthly appointment set to the first > WORKING day of each month? I don't think so. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] not using native outlook tools, you can either use ws.repeat appointment or excel. See http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/everyx.htm for the general idea. for your specific needs, your formula ...

Web Page Preview not working...
I use Office 2000 on two Pc's under Windows 98Se. One works perfect. On the other one when using Excel, Word, PowerPoint and asking for Web Page Preview I receive following message "A World Wide Web browser, such as Microsoft Internet Explorer, is required to use this feature. I tried detect and repair but with no results. I cannot have the preview and still same error message. ...

F4 Key not working....
Hi, When I hit F4 the absolute value key doesn't work. Any suggestions? -- Calvin Hi Calvin The F4 key is not something that can be turned on / off by mistake. Are you sure you are working on a formula ?? If you type in say, A1+A2, F4 won't work unless there is an = sign in front of it. HTH Michael Mitchelson "Calvin" wrote: > Hi, > > When I hit F4 the absolute value key doesn't work. Any suggestions? > -- > Calvin The cursor has to be on or directly near the address to have F4 take effect BTW do you have a keyboard which requires F Lock to be s...

How can I make my signature as an hyperlink? Outloook 2002 SP3
-- The BOSS http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. "intelegend" <intelegend@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Absolutely nothing. ...

How to show actual realized gain from ETF's w/ dividends
Has anyone figured out how to show the actual ROI and gain from ETF's that pay monthly dividends? Example: I purchase 100 shares of XYZ at $10.00/each on 01/01/2005 Every month it pays a dividend, say $0.10/share so i get $10/month as cash at the end of 2005, the share price is $15/share and i've made $120 in dividends. The ROI in Money (2004) seems to be based solely on the share price increase, So, is there a way to have it figure in the dividends? Thanks, CbG In microsoft.public.money, Crabby Gator wrote: >Has anyone figured out how to show the actual ROI and gain from ETF...

Code won't work if activesheet is a Chart Sheet
I have an issue with an XL macro that will work only if the activesheet is not a chartsheet. I've posted a question on the OzGrid.com ( Please see thread at following link ) http://ozgrid.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23972&page=2&pp=10 I'm wondering if someone can explain to me why the code errors if the active sheet is a chart sheet and will work fine if the active sheet is a worksheet. Regards, Barry ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software! http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-software-categories.htm ** Just a guess, but hav...

Query looks like wrong order but appears to work, why?
SQL Server 2005, maybe also 2000. SELECT * FROM tableA JOIN tableB JOIN tableC ON ( <conditionC> ) JOIN tableD ON ( <conditionD> ) ON ( <conditionB> ) Can you do that? We didn't know that you could do that. But something like this seems to have been working for a while in our own application. However, I'm not sure whether it does what I think we intended. I guess someone wanted to extend a statement that was originally written, SELECT * FROM tableA JOIN tableB ON ( <conditionB> ) - and they started typing in the wrong place in the quer...

Multiple email accounts #5
I am using Outlook 2000, and I have two Internet email accounts. For every email I send I would like to be able to select which account I send that email from (similar to OE6). Is this possible? a >-----Original Message----- >I am using Outlook 2000, and I have two Internet email >accounts. For every email I send I would like to be able >to select which account I send that email from (similar >to OE6). Is this possible? > >a >. >When you are typing the email, next to the "send" button should be an "accounts" button with a drop down box t...

ftp hyperlink doesn't work in Word XP
There is a ftp hyperlink in my word XP. When I click it, it says: Unable to open ftp://ftp.mycompany.com/. the Internet site reports that the item you requested could not be found. (HTTP/1.0 404) But I can copy this hyperlink to IE, it works. I googled it, some guys asked the same question, but they haven't got the answer. Could you help me? Simon / Sweden All the ftp hyperlinks in word XP don't work. Is there any solution? "Simon / Sweden" wrote: > There is a ftp hyperlink in my word XP. When I click it, it says: > > Unable to open ftp...

Tools to add new email address and make it the primary
We are on Microsoft Exchange 2003 and are planning to change our company name hence the email address. My question is there any tool that I run that will automatically add the new email address on every staff and then make it the primary email address. Thank you for your help Modify your default recipient policy to include the new domain. Set it as primary. Nue "Taiwo" <james_taiwo@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e90Uj61fGHA.4776@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > We are on Microsoft Exchange 2003 and are planning to change our company > name hence the email address....

Running Sum
Does anyone know a way to use a Running Sum in a report and have it reset to zero when a particular group change? Thanks in advance Ted, If you're using Crystal, there's special field that you add to the report and tell it which field to sum. There's options of when to have it reset also. Leeland "Ted Rasky" wrote: > Does anyone know a way to use a Running Sum in a report and have it reset to > zero when a particular group change? > > Thanks in advance Pretty sure that you wouldn't be able to do that with the field set to running sum. What a...

InterOrg Replication Q's
I'm trying to share user folders between 2 exchange orgs and that doesn't seem possible in a direct sense. Eveybody suggests I use Schedule+ Free/Busy replication but I entirely don't get it. I'm using it now to replicate public folders. It works great. To set it up I just choose which folder on one server should replicate to the other and it does. Free/Busy I can't get a grip on. First of all: 1 - What is Schedule+ Free/Busy information? Teh Google, it does nothing. Is this calendar information? Inboxes, contacts and all that or just the calendars? 2 - Why can&#...

values can't be input into cell in Excel 2003
Some of my excel file has problem since I changed to use office 2003. Symptom: I have a spreadsheet of Excel 2003 that includes a combo box of values, when I select one of those values. The excel will pops up a error message: "The cell or chart you are trying to change is protected and therefore read- only." It has no problem in Office 2000. Since I started to use Office 2003, I found that there are many issues. Is Office 2003 really backward compatible with older version such as 2000 and 97? I am really frustrated. Please help Thanks Michael Sounds as if the worksheet ...

Working days between dates
Hi, I have a problem when I try to calculate number of working days between to dates. When I have the samt dates it sometimes returns 0 days and sometimes 1 days I would like it to show 1 day when date1 and date2 are the same. Can somebody help me out Thanks in advanc Michael Hi use NETWORKDAYS. e.g. =NETWORKDAYS(A1,B1) >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >I have a problem when I try to calculate number of working days between to dates. When I have the samt dates it sometimes returns 0 days and sometimes 1 days. > >I would like it to show 1 day when date1 and date2 ar...

Still can't get fonts to work!!!
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Before I begin, I ask that anyone that reads this question PLEASE read it to the end before posting a suggestion, as I have already performed a lot of the tasks suggested in previous posts of this kind. <br><br>I am having what appears to be an all-too-common problem. Word seems to be incapable of selecting the fonts I ask for. When I highlight text and select a font, it changes it to a completely different font. <br><br>I have already tried the following at least 5 times (with no Office pro...

Tab order #5
Pressing tab or enter key selects next cell to the right or below. Is there a method by which the tab/enter order can be customized to enable other specific cells to be selected? Thx! Don't know about your version of Excel, but in mine: Tools>Options>Edit, Move selection after enter, Directions, gives you some options -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Manhar" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1c0bf01c4218d$e0db99d0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Pressing tab or enter key selects next cell to the right > or below. I...

Value Axis compressed
In Excel 2003, I have several worksheets that include charts. These are all standard charts created by "Insert / Chart" and formatted with Excel's chart tools. In some of them, the value axis is highly compressed when the chart is viewed in print preview or is printed. When viewed in normal mode, the chart is OK. These are line graphs. For example, even though the values are OK, the spacing of the grid in the plot area is vertically compressed to an extreme, perhaps to as little as one-third of its normal height. The plot area is also raised to the top of the graph ...

Assinging a numerical value to A,B,C,D answer
Is there a formula that allows me to define the value of an answer fo example, A=4, B=3, C=2, D=1, E=0 -- rbvette ----------------------------------------------------------------------- rbvetter's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1623 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27662 Given that Cell A1 contains the question, B1 Contains the answer (a,b,c,d,e....) This Formula allows custom values: =IF(B1="a",4,IF(B1="b",3,IF(B1="c",2,IF(B1="d",1,IF(B1="e",0,"Invalid...

VBA code to sum a row: syntax needed
I've got some code going, and need to perform a function if the sum of cells between columns DZ and EP on every row exceeds zero. What is the code to sum a range? Range("dz" & selection.row).value + Range("ea" & selection.row).value + etc is too cumbersome. What's the better way? Thanks! One way: Sub test() With Selection Range("dx" & .Row) = WorksheetFunction.Sum _ (Range("dz" & .Row & ":ep" & .Row)) End With End Sub Regards Trevor <slingsh0t@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1121...

Converting from works to Excel
I received a file that was created in works and I can't open it with Excel 2000 (of course) Is there a way to accomplish this? Generally you would normally open the file in WORKS and then save it down as a file that Excel can read. .xlr is a native Excel format, or .txt, .csv, dbaseIV are all formats it can read. You can also find a converter here if you don't have WORKS. http://www.rl-software.com/indexjs.htm?/converter/wkscnvxls_e.htm Text from the website above:- Microsoft does not provide an import Excel filter for Works-WKS files later than version 2. (for Works-WPD and W...

delete 0 values
Hi I am trying to delete cells with 0 values, even though i type in $0.00 in find, it finds nothing. i get the message find under values not formulas, but there is no option for this in the find options. thanks tim If you ask find to look for $0.00, then it will search for the text string "$0.00". If you want to find numeric zeros (regardless of format), then just type 0 in find. If that fails to find any, then I suspect that the values you see as zero are not exactly zero (try formatting in scientific notation). You can use the ROUND() function to force the results of ...