How to make a formula with < or> in a cell

I am trying to make a formula that does this:

If the amount of L2 is less than $25, times it by .052; if the amount of L2
is $25 or above, times it by .01

Try

=IF(L2<25,L2*0.52,L2*0.1)

Regards
Rowan

"RickyBubbalu" wrote:

> I am trying to make a formula that does this:
>
> If the amount of L2 is less than $25, times it by .052; if the amount of L2
> is $25 or above, times it by .01

0
Rowan (114)
8/19/2005 5:41:03 AM
an alternative with no IF

=A1*0.01+(A1<25)*A1*0.042

--

HTH

RP

"Rowan" <Rowan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Try
>
> =IF(L2<25,L2*0.52,L2*0.1)
>
> Regards
> Rowan
>
> "RickyBubbalu" wrote:
>
> > I am trying to make a formula that does this:
> >
> > If the amount of L2 is less than $25, times it by .052; if the amount of
L2
> > is $25 or above, times it by .01

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)

Freeze NOW formula
I have entered a conditional formula, that is if an adjacent cell contains a number then the NOW function will enter the current date and time into another cell. If I copy this formula in subsequent cells and enter a number into the conditional cell excel recalcs both cells, however I want the first cell to calculate once then freeze. The reason for this is i want to generate unique document numbers from exact times and dates. You can use shortcut keys to enter the current date and time: CTRL+; for the date and CTRL+SHIFT+: for the time. On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 16:07:02 -0700, "cameron&...

Excel Calculation Error for formula to sum
I entered a formula of =sum(E11:E56) for example and excel did not return a correct calculation. I checked the format of the cells and it is a custom one. I checked for hidden values and could not find any (to my understanding it will show a blank cell but if the cell is highlighted and it is a hidden value it will show the number in the formula bar). The sum that Excel returned is exactly 6033 over, which is a value that is included of what I told excel to add for me. Any ideas? I changed the format to general, to a number, etc and it did not help. Also, another item that is stra...

Make Default

Formula calculation question
I need to total up a set up computations based upon two columns. For example: A B 1] 1 24.00 2] 2 12.00 3] 1 5.00 4] [formula] Cell 4B needs to be a formula of (A1*B1) + (A2*B2) + (A3+B3)...and so on, for as many rows there are. Is there an excel function or syntax shortcut that is simpler than writing the above "(A1*B1)+..." calculation? -Phil One way: =SUMPRODUCT(A1:A3,B1:B3) HTH Anders Silven "Phil Servedio" <pservedio@fast-track.com> skrev i meddelandet news:b7338b82.0405131340.751616df@post...

making a transfer show up in the budget

leave a cell blank
My spreadsheet serves 2 purposes. Printed and manually filled out plus data entry. The cells with formulas show a 0 (zero) if the referenced cells are empty. The problem is the user has the option to ignore the formula and hard code a figure. If a formula = 0, is there a way to hide that zero so when I print the form it's blank for the user? thanks! You could turn off viewing zeros at Tools>Options>View. Or you could trap for the 0 and leave cell looking blank. =IF(A1*B1=0,"",A1*B1) If you are interested in keeping the user from over-writing a formula, see hel...

making tickets

Excel automatically changes the formatting of the cell to "Time"
Hello, I have a long column of numbers [dates in the YY:DD format]. I wanted to replace ":61" to ":59". Even though the cells are initially formatted as Text, as soon as I make the change, Excel changes the formatting to Time, and the cell with the change now has text ":59:00" in it. Is it possible to force Excel to keep the cells formatted as Text? Thank you! Sam, If the cells are truly formatted as text (Format - Cells - Number - Text), the formatting should never change, and you should always see exactly what you've typed. Give us an example...

Macro/keyboard shortcut to increment a cell value
I would like to set up a keyboard shortcut (e.g., Ctrl+I) that would increment the value of the selected cell by 1. Can someone get me started by pointing me in the right direction? I have some experience creating simple macros in Word, if that is what's needed. Thanks -- PC: HP Omnibook 6000 OS: Win 2K SP-4 (5.00.2195) LAN: P2P with an HP Vectra workstation Email: Usenet-20031220 at spamex.com (11/03/04) One way is to make a macro and assign the shortcut key to it: Option Explicit Sub AddOneToActiveCell() With ActiveCell If IsNumeric(.Value) Then .Value = .Val...

Formattinb cells
Hi Is it possible to change the background color of a column of cells depending on the value of the cell at the top of the column. I have written a macro to do this but can't find a statement to do this: worksheets(:Sheet1").cells(cl,rw).backcolor = QBColor(14) Error message method not supported and nowhere in the help can I find an answer. Suggestions would be appreciated Thanks Charles Why not just use format>formula is>conditional formatting =a2=$a$1 and format as desired>copy format using format painter. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com...

How do you change cells with formula's to the value or text?
In lotus it is possible to change the formula in a cell to the text or the number that that formula returns. Of course, you can not reverse it, but in is very helpful sometimes. Is that possible in Excel CTRL + ~ will toggle between formulas and values -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Attitude - A little thing that makes a BIG difference ----------------------------------------------------------------------------...

if formulas #4
I am working on a bonus chart and this is what I am trying to do: If an employee keeps his register balances between -$10.00 thru +$10.00, they recieve 100 points. If they keep it between +$10.00 thru -$24.00 they get 50 points. If they are out are out of those at ranges they get 0 points. I have tried playing with "IF" formulas until I am blue in the face. Please help Thank you Mike Manick --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi, Try =IF(AND(A1<=10,A1>=-10),10,IF(AND(A1>10,A1<=24),5,0)) assumning 'A1' is where the balance is kept. Charli...

AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE $$$

formula in cells
I'm going to try and explain this a little better and give you the actual cells that I am trying to calculate: I have net pay in cell B8, withdraws in cell C8 and the Balance in D8. I would like row D to add B, subtract C and display the balance. So when I put in the next paycheck on B9, D9 will reflect the amount from D8, add to it B9, subtract C9 if a value is there and display the balance in D9. I would like the cells in Column D for the last value entered to be blank until data is entered into them and not display the last balance the whole way down the spread sheet. Does this...

How to make VLOOKUP work for this

Make Personal Calendar Read Only

when copying sheet, warning that formula or sheet
When copying a sheet within a workbook, I sometimes get a warning that the formula or sheet contains a name, do you want to proceed. Many times, the name is my own name. How do I get rid of these embedded names? I'd get a copy of Jan Karel Pieterse's (with Charles Williams and Matthew Henson) Name Manager: You can find it at: NameManager.Zip from http://www.oaltd.co.uk/mvp It'll help you decide what you want to do with the name. Mark wrote: > > When copying a sheet within a workbook, I sometimes get a warning that the > formula or sheet contains a name, do yo...

Is there a formula to find one phrase in a selection?
Hey again, Is there a formula I can use to figure out if there is one specific phrase in a selection? I'm updating the attendance prgram at the school that I work at. Every student has their own attendance sheet in Excel, and each sheet sort of looks like this: |Monday| Period 1:| A | (A=Absent; S=Seat time) Period 2:| S | Period 3:| A | So basically, if they have one or more "S"s, we can count them as being present for the day. I need the formula to find out if there is an "S" in that column, and if there is, I need it ...

Inserting a formula into a Word Table
How do you insert a multiplication formula in the last cell of a Word Table so that it only multiples the two previous cells, or the is there a way to pick the cells that you want it to use for the formula? Insert a formula field and do the calculations as you would in Excel. For example: { = A1*A2 } would multiply the values in cell A1 and A2. To insert the field delimiters, { }, press Ctrl+F9. Type in the code. Use F9 to update the result. To show/hide field codes in the selection, use Shift+F9. To show/hide field codes in the whole document, use Alt+F9. Note that table calcul...

Text editing in a cell
How do I insert a line break within a cell when I am writing a line of text?? - when I press enter I go to the next cell!! Help Hi Barbara ALT+ENTER will do -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Barbara wrote: > How do I insert a line break within a cell when I am writing a line > of text?? - when I press enter I go to the next cell!! Help ...