How to Make a Cell Flash in Excel using conditional formatting

How can I make a cell or the font of the cell flash or blink?  I assume that
it is a function of conditional formatting.  I know it is possible because I
have seen it before but I do not know how to do it.
0
aboehnen (1)

Not possible with CF alone.

You must use VBA to achieve the blinking.

Most persons would find this quite annoying and while the code is running you
can do nothing else.

For more on blinking/flashing read these threads from a google search.

http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?as_q=blinking&safe=images&as_ugroup=*excel*&lr=&hl=en

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 17:29:56 -0700, "aboehnen"
<aboehnen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>How can I make a cell or the font of the cell flash or blink?  I assume that
>it is a function of conditional formatting.  I know it is possible because I
>have seen it before but I do not know how to do it.

0
Gord

How do you delete a file in Excel's VB?
Not much more to ask than that. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks Tino Tino, Use the Kill command to permanently delete a file. For example, Kill "C:\temp\book1.xls" Note that Kill does not put the file in the Recycle Bin. To delete a file to the Recycle Bin, see www.cpearson.com/excel/recycle.htm . -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com <tanast@ing.com.au> wrote in message news:3fce6904.5614763@news.clari.net.au... > Not much more to ask than that. > > Any help would be much appreciated. ...

VS Debug Mobile
Hi, When I'm writing mobile apps in vb.net and want to F5 to deploy and run in debug, I'd like to force the device's internet connection to be the one used rather than the PC's internet connection. Active Sync & Windows Mobile Device Center don't seem to offer that as a configuration choice. I want to be able to debug in VS on the PC while the app runs on the device and uses it's internet connection. I've tried both Work Connection and Internet, Automatic for "the computer is connected to" setting. Please suggest solutions. ...

Make Default

hyperlinks between excel and work when e-mailing
I have hyperlinks between cells in an Excel worksheet and text explanation of the cells in a Word document (the explanation are too voluminous for cells). Works great on my computer, but when I e-mail the files to others the path to the hyperlinks no longer work. Is there a way to have a "generic" path as long as the recipient put the files in one folder? ...

Automatically update cells in worksheets
Excel newbie here hoping someone can point me in the right direction... Have a workbook that contains 3 worksheets... ws1: Is a work detail list I enter the date and unique ID no. and Company Name. ws2: Contains a list of the first 30 Companies I have to visit each month, and contains all the Company details such as address, tel no, ID no., ws3: Contains a full list of all Companies within the area I'm working that month, including the initial 30 dealers. Now what I'm trying to do is when I enter the Company Name in ws1 it will automatically update Format conditions in ws2 and 3.....

Excel VB application
I am working on a VB script with the goal to import data from a raw file (using userforms) into the spreadsheet. Is it possible to develop this in Excel AND create it as an EXE file? Thank you in advance for any help. NJ Excel cannot produce executable (EXE) files. -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "Neil Jones" <nj@dev.null> wrote in message news:#hiTBqB6KHA.5464@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > I am working on a VB script with the goal to import data from a raw file > (using userforms) into the spreadsheet. Is it possible to develop this > in Excel AND creat...

How can I create a formla using date ranges
How can I create a formula that will do this: = IF cell A2 ="m" and if cell D2 is between 5/19/06 and 6/20/06 than cell E2 ="June" + if A2 = "m" and D2 is between 6/21/06 and 7/18/06 than E2 = "July" and so on? This is the formula I used: =AND(A2="m")*IF(D2=38854:38888,"June")+AND(A2="m")*IF(D2=38889:38916,"July") I either get an #Value!, or some other error. Please help! If June / July is your only concern, then: =if( A2 <> "m", ___whatever happens if A2 is not m____, if( and(D2>3885...

help macro for formatting pie chart
Hi I've got a macro for formatting pie charts in a report that I produce. The idea is that any count under 3 is not shown in the pie chart. The macro seems to work for most tables, but doesn't work when there are blank cells at the end of a table or the final column has a blank cell - it puts 0% labels on the pie chart. Can anyone help please (my vba skills are very rusty....) - I've copied the code below.... Thanks! :) Sub CalloutsChartData1() ' declare variables Dim intCount As Integer Dim intlength As Integer Dim ChartValue As String Dim strStart As String Dim s...

Fill the below blank cells
Hi, I just copied an pivot data and pasted it in different Sheet. I needed to fill the cells that was blank with the data above each set of blank cells.. Day VendorName VehicleType VehicleNo StartTime 1 ATL B 1246 18:00 22:38 1558 12:30 1815 4:27 6:00 7:00 7:30 12:55 7915 16:00 20:30 22:30 8037 1:00 5:30 7:00 9583 0:00 3:45 I can solve this by dragging the data down but I have do it at least 4000 times... Is there any formula to this...?! Thanks in advance Vinod Highlight the columns A to E by clicking ...

Hook type to use
I need to prevent HQ from changing the primary supplier at the store level. We have stores in multiple states....they often carry the same items but will get them from different suppliers. However, if a primary supplier is changed in HQ and a 250 then processed for one store, if I ever process a 250 for that item and send it to another store, it will change its primary supplier. Will Hook: 10 SaveSupplier allow me to prevent 250's from overwriting primary supplier for each store? Hooks only work within POS and SO Manager. There are no HQ Hooks, and I don't believe that HQClien...

Excel 2002
ok well I got 1 thing conquored only to run into something else abou Formulas and substituion variables. my question is this I want to change all the occurances of pieces of the formul COUNTIF('PATHVALUE[NEW_Transfer_LOG_CLOSED.xls]Octobe 2003'!$F$26:$F$197,"OPD FDR") with COUNTIF('PATHVALUE[MMMM_YYYY_ts.xls]SHEETNAMEVALUE'!$F$26:$F$197,"OP FDR") I am encountering the following message: The Formula contains an Invalid External Reference to a woorksheet. I want to force this because what I am trying to do is change the 30 plus formulas to be automa...

if i select a cell then i want row containing that cell selected
i want to copy all rows that contain a cell with certain value. Do a Data > Filter > Autofilter on the key col, filter out that certain value, then copy the filtered rows, and paste special as values/formats elsewhere as required -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- "Maaz" wrote: > i want to copy all rows that contain a cell with certain value. ...

leave a cell blank
My spreadsheet serves 2 purposes. Printed and manually filled out plus data entry. The cells with formulas show a 0 (zero) if the referenced cells are empty. The problem is the user has the option to ignore the formula and hard code a figure. If a formula = 0, is there a way to hide that zero so when I print the form it's blank for the user? thanks! You could turn off viewing zeros at Tools>Options>View. Or you could trap for the 0 and leave cell looking blank. =IF(A1*B1=0,"",A1*B1) If you are interested in keeping the user from over-writing a formula, see hel...

making a transfer show up in the budget

Macro/keyboard shortcut to increment a cell value
I would like to set up a keyboard shortcut (e.g., Ctrl+I) that would increment the value of the selected cell by 1. Can someone get me started by pointing me in the right direction? I have some experience creating simple macros in Word, if that is what's needed. Thanks -- PC: HP Omnibook 6000 OS: Win 2K SP-4 (5.00.2195) LAN: P2P with an HP Vectra workstation Email: Usenet-20031220 at spamex.com (11/03/04) One way is to make a macro and assign the shortcut key to it: Option Explicit Sub AddOneToActiveCell() With ActiveCell If IsNumeric(.Value) Then .Value = .Val...

Excel automatically changes the formatting of the cell to "Time"
Hello, I have a long column of numbers [dates in the YY:DD format]. I wanted to replace ":61" to ":59". Even though the cells are initially formatted as Text, as soon as I make the change, Excel changes the formatting to Time, and the cell with the change now has text ":59:00" in it. Is it possible to force Excel to keep the cells formatted as Text? Thank you! Sam, If the cells are truly formatted as text (Format - Cells - Number - Text), the formatting should never change, and you should always see exactly what you've typed. Give us an example...

how do I set up outlook for home use?
How do I set up my microsoft outlook e-mail for home use? Contact your ISP for your mail account settings (or import them from Outlook Express if you have it setup there.) Install your profile and account settings and you are good to go. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, dauexghouse asked: | How do I set up my microsoft outlook e-mail for home use? ...

Organizing workbooks using file folders
Hi I need some some help with organizing workbooks. If anyone can give me an idea about how to organize workbooks through file folders, I would appreciate it Hi ~X Could you be a bit more specific please? What is that you need to do -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Formattinb cells
Hi Is it possible to change the background color of a column of cells depending on the value of the cell at the top of the column. I have written a macro to do this but can't find a statement to do this: worksheets(:Sheet1").cells(cl,rw).backcolor = QBColor(14) Error message method not supported and nowhere in the help can I find an answer. Suggestions would be appreciated Thanks Charles Why not just use format>formula is>conditional formatting =a2=$a$1 and format as desired>copy format using format painter. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com...

Use the propertyInfo to setValues
Hello. I am using the propertyInfo type. dim pi as propertyInfo pi = myClass.getType().getProperty("myPropertyName", BindingFlags.Public Or BindingFlags.Instance) myPropertyName may be any property, such as borderLevel, etc. I want to set myPropertyName to a specific value, as propertyGrid does (I mean - by sending it a string). I see there are methods : getGetMethod, and getSetMethod - Are those method the property editors ? Can I use those method to solve the problem ? How can I do that ? Thanks :) On 21/06/2010 13:45, Mr. X. wrote: > I am using...

Using a COUNTIF statement with an AND operator
I'm using Excel 2003 so I hope I'm not limited here. We are performing a space usage survey and I need to compile the data results. Each location has 70 entries over the course of 10 days. I have a column for "group work" where the value is either 1 or 0. I have another column for # of people observed in a particular office. What I'm trying to do is the following: Get a count of instances where "# of people" = 1 and "group work" = 0 I'm doing a lot of countif statements, but I don't see how to do a countif with an and operato...

How do you change cells with formula's to the value or text?
In lotus it is possible to change the formula in a cell to the text or the number that that formula returns. Of course, you can not reverse it, but in is very helpful sometimes. Is that possible in Excel CTRL + ~ will toggle between formulas and values -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Attitude - A little thing that makes a BIG difference ----------------------------------------------------------------------------...

same numer/character at beginning of cells in row
I have to make a worksheet of products. I can copy the part numbers but need to have all the part numbers preceded by "2M" no quotation marks. example: starting number looks like this "el000c" need to have it look like this "3Bel000c". The information is being copied from several other sheets via cut and paste. Is it possible to paste the "el000c" number with the 3B already there and staying after pasting several cells at once? Thanks in advance regardless of the answer. Do you want to precede with "2M" or "3B"? Or is i...