How to link cell for value in another cell of pivot table?

In Excel 2003, when I link a cell in pivot table, it copies Getpivotdata
formular.
And when I drag or copy this cell, again it copies the formular.

Can you help how to just get the value, then be able to drag to link next
cell and its value?

thanks.
0
JamesChoi (1)

There are instructions here for adding the Generate GetPivotData button
to a toolbar, and toggling the feature on and off:

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Change link between form and subform

Adding second y-axis to OLAP pivot chart
I would like to have a chart with the following: X-axis: Week of Y-axis: Lines of Code(LOC) Second Y-axis: # of Defects When I try to add the second axis, the option is disabled. How do I create the chart using a pivot table to have two different series, in order to create a second axis, I believe this is the main problem. When I select the column for a second axis it selects all data. What am I doing wrong here? Which type of chart should I use? Right now it's a stacked column chart, but the columns are side by side and I want them as one column with two colors, then two axis. Is this p...

linking #4

copying a sorted worksheet to another woksheet.
I am trying to to do data entry for an accounting journal, and I want t have the seperate sheets copy their respective information as the dat is entered. For example, if I enter a Cash transaction on the entr page, I want the cash worksheet page to copy that information as well. I can do it with an if statment already, but that leaves blank spaces i the cash sheet if you have blanks in the entry page -- e_shoopma ----------------------------------------------------------------------- e_shoopman's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=457 View this thread: http://www.office...

Count unique values
Hi In my Excel worksheet there are two columns A & B. A contains the product codes and B contains the customer codes. How can I count the number of UNIQUE customer for a particular product? Both formula or pivot table would be fine. Col A Col B Pen Customer 1 Ruler Customer 1 Pen Customer 2 Ruler Customer 1 Pen Customer 1 Pen Customer 3 Thanks in advance! Try the below array formula. Apply formula using 'Ctrl+Shift+Enter' instead of 'Enter' =SUM(IF(FREQUENCY(IF((B1:B10<>"")*(A1:A10="Pen"), MATCH(B1:B10,B...

Format Cell as True/False
OK. It's been a while but I could've sworn that I once was able to format a cell as a yes/no so that it appeared as a checkbox in the spreadsheet. Is this possible or have I confused it with another application. ~Lori Sounds like you are remembering Access database tables. Lori wrote: > OK. It's been a while but I could've sworn that I once was able to format a > cell as a yes/no so that it appeared as a checkbox in the spreadsheet. > > Is this possible or have I confused it with another application. > > ~Lori This is a multi-part message in MIME ...

match a subform field value to a field in a 2nd subform
I have a main form named user_Match. It has three subform containers: sub_BUSays with source object form named sub_match_BUSays sub_RptSays with source object form named sub_match_ReportSays sub_BTSays with source object form named sub_match_BTSays sub_match_BUSays has a field called BU_BT_Portfolio_ID. sub_match_ReportSays has a field called MRE_PortfolioID. sub_match_BTSays has a field called BT_Portfolio_ID. The portfolio id is a unique 10 digit number stored as a string. I want to use the parent form to identify incorrect portfolio id's in the BUSays and ReportSays subforms. I wou...

how do i copy a chart to another workbook
I just upgraded to Office 2007. In 2003 I was able to select move or copy on a chart and select copy and select another workbook, and copy the chart to that workbook. It doesn't work in 2007. What do I do? ...

Transforming Table into Matrix
Hi there, I hope you can help me. _*DATA_I_HAVE:*_ *Table * of *3 columns*: -column 1-: up to 60.000 terms -column 2:- up to 60.000 terms (mostly the same as in column 1; jus different order (column 1 and 2 are representing a connotation) -column 3-: weighting of connotation _*AIM:*_ In order to conduct a better evaluation of the data (connotations) need to *transform * the *Table-Sheet * into a *Matrix*, - having 2 coordinates: 1 coordinate representing column 1, on representing column 2 and - filled data (crossing of the terms) representing the weighting of th connotation(s) _*QUESTIO...

Running total from an edited cell
I want to keep a running total of inventory as follows: On Hand This Shipment Quan Updated Part # 1 10 5 update this column on each new shipment Part # 2 15 10 Part # 3 20 30 I will not be adding lines, just updating the "this shipment" cell for each part# I am using Excel 2007 Please help ! See http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/accumulator.html In article <9104B5C3-CD46-460E-A939-C2B1EA736D42@microsoft.com>, MacPack2 <MacPack2@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Linked Forms

Links not linking

Text on cart based on data in a cell
I have a chart on a separate sheet witch is based on a filtered list on another sheet. I would like to label my chart to show witch filter as been applied, is this possible? (Ho, and if so, how would I do it?) Thanks for any help. Select the chart, press the equal key, then select the cell with a mouse. This adds a text box in the middle of the chart, which you can move around and format as needed. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Ant wrote: > I have a chart on a separate s...

Excel 2003- Tabbing to a specific location in a cell
I have created a template and I want to be able to fill in parts of the template by just tabbing and the cursor to move to the next cell...and to a specific area in the cell...how do i set up my template to do this? THanks so much unlock the cells you want to tab to. leave the other cells protected. then protected the sheet. -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "monty the magician" <monty the magician@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FD3728D8-E730-407E-B58A-FED2C6D9EA8A@microsoft.com... >I have created a template and I want to be able to f...

Linked Table Manager in ACCESS

Link To A Cell From Chart

Copy-Paste Value based on user defined range
Hello, I am trying to create an option such that, the user can input a default value in one cell, enter a start year, and the number of years he wants to assign this value for. Ex. A B C 1 Value Start Year # of Years 2 500 2005 5 Apply 500 starting in 2005 for the next five years including 2005. I am working in Excel2000. Thanks for your help ...

Cell grouping
Hello, This is the problem. I have 5 columns that are in this order, Date Req.#, Requestor, Dept. and notes. I need to know how to arrange th entire row where the departments are grouped together with th corresponding information. The dates are not important as this repor is quarterly; I know how to sort a column by itself but not the entir page. Thanks -- jackel JLatham Wrote: > I should add that usually Excel is smart enough to know that when you > grab > one column of information to sort, and it is contiguous with other > columns > with data in them, to grab them a...

Sumproduct but only first time corresponding value is seen e.g. un
Using XL03 Sample Data: Name Race Speed Avg Speed Track Month Joe 2:12 2:15 OFCF Jan Joe 2:28 2:15 ADL Feb Mary 2:14 2:07 ADL Jan Joe 2:15 2:15 ADL Feb etc I already have sumproducts in place to count how many participants raced in each month, how many at each track, etc. The last piece I need to add is the number of people for a given track on a given month, who had an /average/ time of over 2 minutes. But, I have repeat...

moving data from one db to another
I have a pretty general question about what might be the best way to handle this. I need to write a watcher program to export flagged rows in an MSSQL 2005 db out to a MySQL db. After each row is copied, I need to reset the flag in the source. I'm wondering if anyone could tell me what the best process for this would be. Looping through all the rows in the source one at a time and then posting them one at a time seems like the wrong way to go. There's a lot of vb.net that I don't know so I'm thinking there might be a better, simpler way to do this. Initially there...

can I display the file name of the imported text file in another c
When I refresh data and select a file I would like that file name displayed in another cell because within the file name is a date & time stamp relating to the contents. For example if the imported filename is count_200505110035.csv then I want a cell in the worksheet to display count_200505110035.csv. Any ideas welcomed please? ...

Colour cells in Task pane.
Much like one can do in Ms Excel, I would like to colour the cells, as in the Task Panes. Is this possible? If so how? Highlight the cells you want to ad color to in your table then click on the little bucket at the top "Volcanic" wrote: > Much like one can do in Ms Excel, I would like to colour the cells, as in the > Task Panes. Is this possible? If so how? > ...

links

problem carrying over values
I have one form that has a button I''ll call it form1. The button looks at a text box for an ID and if its null it opens form2 and creates a new record in form2. If the text box is NOT null, it will go find the ID that's in the text box and filter it in form2. When the new record is created in form2, I need the ID to be put into the NULL text box in form1. I know how to do this however, if you open form2 on its own, then the error msg comes up that it can't find form1. I know why I'm getting this error, but don't know the fix for it. Is there a work around? Thanks...

Linked Tables Over A LAN