How to insert small colored dots or rectangles in cells of excel

I am trying to insert colored dots or  rectangles in cells of excel.  How to
do this?
--
George
0

You could select the cell and then Insert|Symbol and select Webdings or
Wingdings etc. and then format the cell font color to whatever you want.

"George A. Yorks" wrote:

> I am trying to insert colored dots or  rectangles in cells of excel.  How to
> do this?
> --
> George
0
RCW (10)

Mail merge with Excel in Publisher 200
Whenever I open a merged document in Publisher with I merged with an Excel spreadsheet, I must re-establish my link with the spreadsheet (including any filters I originally set)--quite annoying. This is has not always been the case; I have some connections which have stayed connected. These could possibly be ones I did in an earlier version of Publisher. Is this a problem with just Publisher 2000 or is there a way to permanently connect my publisher document with my Excel spreadsheet? Thanks much! ...

Count with Hidden cells
Is there a way to count the number of text filled cells excluding the cells that I have hidden? Depends on the version of excel, excel 2003 works like =SUBTOTAL(103,A1:A10) won't count hidden cells -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Stretch" <Stretch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F387E47-FC1F-4AEB-8A6C-2B37BC012DD1@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to count the number of text filled cells excluding the > cells > that I have hidden? What does the 103 stand for? "Peo Sjoblom" wrote: > Depends on the v...

How do I insert Roman Numerals?

change font color
I have a column of dates, and want to change font to red, for the cells that are < today's date. How can I do this? -- TGS Hi TGS, Format -> Conditional Formatting Set condition 1 to; Cell Value Is less than =NOW() (enter this formula in the box) Click the format button and format the font to red. Ed Ferrero www.edferrero.com "TGS" <tom_Haryle20@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:5A2AFD11-CC57-4FF3-8E7C-C0E3A4558384@microsoft.com... >I have a column of dates, and want to change font to red, for the cells >that > are < today's date. Ho...

Copying and pasting a series of cells
When I copy and paste the following cell > =IF('13'!B13>0,'13'!B13,NA()) to the remainder of the days of the month, what I get is > =IF('13'!B14>0,'13'!B14,NA()) > =IF('13'!B15>0,'13'!B15,NA()) > etc But what I want to get is > =IF('14'!B13>0,'14'!B13,NA()) > =IF('15'!B13>0,'15'!B13,NA()) > etc I'd even settle for > =IF('13'!B13>0,'13'!B13,NA()) > =IF('13'!b13>0,'13'!B13,NA()) > etc whereafter I could just modify the fo...

Formulas do not work in excel.
Formulas have been working but suddenly they will not add or subtract unless we click on the target cell. This happens in all excel files even in new worksheets. Try going to tools-option-calculation and click automatic if it is on manual. Let me know if it works. B "Flintlock98" wrote: > Formulas have been working but suddenly they will not add or subtract unless > we click on the target cell. This happens in all excel files even in new > worksheets. ...

MNY2006 Small Business: Categories
Is there a way to enter in a beginning balance for expense categories? In microsoft.public.money, Cindy Nelson wrote: >Is there a way to enter in a beginning balance for expense categories? I am not sure what you are asking, but you can use an expense category for a deposit to an account. Accept the warning. I just started using Money 2006. I was using Peachtree last year. My ending balances from Peachtree are going to be my beginning balances for some categories like Depreciation - Vehicle. Do I set this up as an account, like my checking? Thanks. "Cal Learner-- MVP" wro...

Insert trigger

Excel Re-Calc causes network traffic and very slow response times.
Platform: Excel Ver 2003 SP2 Windows XP SP2 Microsoft SBS Server 2003 Workstations: P4 2Ghz, 512 Mb Ram Problem: I have an excel file with hundreds of vlookup and indirect formulas. It has no links to any other spreadsheets. The file resides on a shared network drive on our server. When users do a recalc or change a number in the file causing a recalc it takes about 7 seconds... however after a bit of experimentation I find that if we open the file and then disconnect the workstations network cable the recalc takes less than one second ! Tried saving the file to the local drive of a workstati...

Need list of the different versions of Excel
In the past my first version of Excel was Version 5, now I use Version 8 (Microsoft Excel97). I would like to know the names (Version numbers) of all the Excels, starting with the first one. I am working on a project that I intend to offer for sale to the public. Therefore, want to know which versions it will work on. Maybe it will on some prior versions depending on what features are used. Thankyou Ed Hi Ed, http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/index.htm -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:85F71...

Excel related
when i opening excel application, excel with opening as default sheet2 page.whereas the default sheet1 should be open.please suggest. You may have another instance of Excel open, which has already used "Sheet1". The next available name is "Sheet2". - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Thiyagu" <Thiyagu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1FFB321B-1442-40E9-A4E1-748A173F8F44@microsoft.com... > when i opening excel application, exc...

Outlook Express 6 suddenly prints all e-mail in very small type
I have a new Dell system with Windows XP, IE 6 and Outlook Express 6. Normally, everything is normal. Then suddenly OE prints all e-mail messages in very small type, even though in OE on the Menu ==> View ==> Text Size ==> Medium is set. The screen display is medium text. I keep IE 6 set to Text Size Smallest. If I change IE 6's Text Size to Medium, then once this phenomenon starts OE prints out e-mail as medium. For some reason OE starts looking at IE for the font size to use when outputing to the printer, but not the screen. I can correct this situation by using th...

inserting hrs and minutes

Change operater in Excel formula
Hello, depending on a certain circumstances, a formula must change from "X = Y" to "X <> Y". Can this be done (e.g. using "if", or otherwise) ? Thank you in advance. Merry Christmas, H.G. Lamy You didn't give us a lot to work with, but I think you are looking for something like this... =IF(<<your condition>>,<<formula with x=y>>,<<formula with x<>y>>) -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "H.G. Lamy" <Enterplan@web.de> wrote in message news:upAoGxlhKHA.6136@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl.....

Font in drop-down field too small
I created a drop-down field with multiple menu choices. I am not able to increase the font size for those menu choices. The adjacent cells have a much larger font, and I would like my spreadsheet to be consistent. If these are data validation dropdown lists, you can't change the font size. There are a couple of workarounds here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Larger Juana Cafe wrote: > I created a drop-down field with multiple menu choices. I am not able to > increase the font size for those menu choices. The adjacent cells have a > much larger font, and...

Worksheet name in cell formula
I asked this question a while ago and got a prompt answer which I thought was what I wanted but alas its not... I want to be able to change my worksheet names.....ie: from Sheet 1, Sheet 2, etc etc.....to something more meaningful.....eg Sales, Expenses....etc etc.... and have these changes reflect on the worksheet. For example, I might want Sheet 1 Cell A1 to say.....This is the Sales worksheet (assuming I have renamed it to Sales). The answer I was given some time back worked.....but it changed the formula on every worksheet to reflect the name of the last changed sheet. By this I mean.....

Recolor embeded Excel graph in PowerPoint
Is there any way to recolor an embeded Excel graph colors to match the color scheme of targeted PowerPoint file? thanks. You could create a user-defined custom chart type with the colour schem of the presentation and apply it to the embedded chart. I am not aware of any in-built color synchronization between powerpoin and excel, though. - Leni -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com when you say "A user-defined custom chart type" Is this "Chart>Chart type>Custom types>User-defined" ? If yes. 1. Create the same type of graph with MS Graph. 2. Add...

How do I get Pantone colors in Excel?
Does anyone know how to get Pantone colors in Excel? The color choices are limited and there is no way to specify RGB or CMYK in the standard options. Hi You can modify a workbook's colors in the Tools > Options menu and there is indeed a way to set the RGB values there. It can also easily be done with macro code. But you are still limited to the count of 56 colors, so the question is, what do you need this for in Excel ? HTH. Best wishes Harald "Odd" <Odd@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:A26A71C2-D8AA-4BE5-A448-08809D77F800@microsoft.com... > Does...

VLOOKUP and cell color problem.
I have a spreadsheet to create a quotation/estimate and I use the VLOOKUP function to retrieve the price of an item on another worksheet. In that worksheet, I have several pricelists from various suppliers but one column gives me the lowest price and changes the cell color associated with the supplier so I know from which supplier the price comes from. Now my main quotation page displays the cheapest price but does not pass along the cell color which I need so i can tell, by looking at the quotation, which supplier i need to order each item from. Is there a way to pass along not only the va...

Exporting Excel Charts in Separate Tabs
I have an excel file with different charts on each tab. The Excel file has at least 20 tabs and I would like to export them into Word as a separate sheet per tab for a reference guide. Is there a way to export from excel without having to cut and paste each tab? I am using MS Office 2003. ...

Insert with a where condition

Insert