How to insert a 2 minute countdown clock in excel test?

Hiya, i am using 2003 and am after a timer that scrolls on screen and
hopefully would be able to lock down the test afterwards. Does anyone know if
this is possible?
Thanks
Luke

Hi,
take a look here

http://vb.mvps.org/samples/TimerObj/

if this helps please click yes thanks

"Flying Moth" wrote:

> Hiya, i am using 2003 and am after a timer that scrolls on screen and
> hopefully would be able to lock down the test afterwards. Does anyone know if
> this is possible?
> Thanks
> Luke

Office Updates #2
How can one determine what update has previously been accomplished in any Office product? CES <cesalazar@sprintmail.com> wrote: > How can one determine what update has previously been > accomplished in any Office product? Not all files are updated at every update. Check the version number of this file: /Applications/Microsoft Office X/Office/Microsoft Component Plugin It gets updated at every update... Corentin -- - Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) - (MS) MVP: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?ln=FR&scid=fh;FR;mvp Newsgroups produits MS: http://support.micros...

Linking a Column List to a Row List #2
Thanks for the help, it worked perfectly -- Mo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Moe's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1250 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27428 ...

Mail merge with Excel in Publisher 200
Whenever I open a merged document in Publisher with I merged with an Excel spreadsheet, I must re-establish my link with the spreadsheet (including any filters I originally set)--quite annoying. This is has not always been the case; I have some connections which have stayed connected. These could possibly be ones I did in an earlier version of Publisher. Is this a problem with just Publisher 2000 or is there a way to permanently connect my publisher document with my Excel spreadsheet? Thanks much! ...

How do I insert Roman Numerals?

Excel 2000: allow users to edit ranges
I have Excel 2002 SP3 but another user has 2000 SP3. I created a big worksheet but only want him to be able to edit 1 column, so I used the Tools > Protection > Allow users to edit ranges and gave him access to that 1 column. When he opens it in 2000, he can not edit anything without first removing the protection from the entire worksheet. When I go to his Tools > Protection, he only has 3 options: protect sheet; protect workbook; protect and share workbook. He has no allow users to edit ranges option. Was this option not included in Excel 2000? Is there an update or add in f...

Excel
When using auto-filtering, how can I "number" how many records are displayed. Your question has fallen into an Access news group. Try an Excel news group for a better chance at getting a quick answer. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Rachel" wrote: > When using auto-filtering, how can I "number" how many records are displayed. "Rachel" <Rachel@discussions.microsoft.com> 在郵件 news:DE18E8EF-5A6D-4661-A768-41D3B4D85D6C@microsoft.com 中撰寫... > When using auto-filtering, how can I "number" how many records are ...

AGLOCO #2
Dear , I recently joined AGLOCO because of a friend recommended it to me. I am now promoting it to you because I like the idea and I want you to share in what I think will be an exciting new Internet concept. AGLOCO's story is simple: Do you realize how valuable you are? Advertisers, search providers and online retailers are paying billions to reach you while you surf. How much of that money are you making? NONE! AGLOCO thinks you deserve a piece of the action. AGLOCO collects money from those companies on behalf of its members. (For example, Google currently pays AOL 10 cents fo...

Forwarding Stationery #2
Hello all I am wondering if you can assist. Where can I cange the look and feel of messages when you attach to an e-mail from a thrid part programme? My 'New Message' stationery is black but when I attach a file from another programme, it is white. Look forward to your responses Regards TANYA ...

todays date #2
How would I get todays date in an excel spread sheet -- kaushi "Kaushi" <Kaushi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3B5D9B62-D42F-47C2-A04E-A694B19288F8@microsoft.com... > How would I get todays date in an excel spread sheet > -- > kaushi =NOW =NOW() Better (just the date, not the time): =TODAY() Both will update with every recalculation. If that is not what you require: CTRL+; -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote in message news:%23ImVSFZRJHA.3628@TK2MSFTNGP06....

Insert trigger

Unable to Install Outlook'07/Unable 2 Uninstall Completely Outlook
I upgraded to Professional 2007 from 2003. Everything worked except for Outlook 2007. I am unable to access any Outlook version, I tried to uninstall Outlook 2003 but it won't completely uninstall and Outlook 2007 won't install over 2003. "The update package could not be opened..." is the message I receive when I click on Outlook 2003 shortcut, but yet in the control panel, Microsoft Standard Edition 2003 shows up but I cannot uninstall or delete. How can I get Outlook 2007 to be installed. Thank you. Shotsy;110965 Wrote: > I upgraded to Professional...

inserting hrs and minutes

How to print a greet. card from Publisher on a 2-side card stock?
Publisher has a pre-set printing option for greeting cards to print on an A-4 paper. How can I change it so it sould print on a regular two-sided card stock size 5.5"x 8.5"? Thanks Booklet setup on letter size stock. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "CLX" <CLX@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B45E658D-EB23-4365-A82E-33CA1D71EC9B@microsoft.com... > Publisher has a pre-set printing option for greeting cards to print on an A-4 > paper. How can I change it so it sould print...

Mailbox Backup 2 do or not 2 do !!
Hi I have always run Veritas to backup mailboxes but have read lately that some people advise that it isn't necessary to backup individual mailboxes. On smaller customers we are using NT Backup, are we missing individual mailbox restore abilities on smaller sites or just wasting tape space and time on larger sites ? thanks http://mail.tekscan.com/nomailboxes.htm wayne wrote: > Hi I have always run Veritas to backup mailboxes but have > read lately that some people advise that it isn't > necessary to backup individual mailboxes. On smaller > customers we are using N...

Recolor embeded Excel graph in PowerPoint
Is there any way to recolor an embeded Excel graph colors to match the color scheme of targeted PowerPoint file? thanks. You could create a user-defined custom chart type with the colour schem of the presentation and apply it to the embedded chart. I am not aware of any in-built color synchronization between powerpoin and excel, though. - Leni -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com when you say "A user-defined custom chart type" Is this "Chart>Chart type>Custom types>User-defined" ? If yes. 1. Create the same type of graph with MS Graph. 2. Add...

Excel
The project I'm working on currently uses a ASP/JScript combination to popuate a CSV file. The file is then parsed into excel. I've written a function that handles some of the whitespace characters (via regular expressions) that mess up how the data is displayed in the cells. Often, the hidden char(10) and char(13) would push the data to another row. Due to the way that this is written right now, I'm also searching for commas and replacing them with the ASCII version as well as some other things to handle data formatting. Due to the way these are put into the excel document ...

Excel Read Only in New Windows 7 Installation
I have upgrade to Windows 7 Professional, installed Office Home and Student and copied my XP-created EXCEL files but now they are all Read Only. I assume this is due to the new installtion but have no recollection of any passwords in the XP version. Is there some file that contains this data that I can locate to correct the Windows 7 files? Thank you, Jim Harper -- JMorgNU perhaps those files were on a CD or DVD for the transfer? If then they can be read-only. Simply r-click on the File name and select Properties, and UNcheck the Read-only box. To do this for all the Files in a folder ...

EDC #2
Hello, I am getting a "Connection Error" when tryging to use EDC. It is definitely connect to the Internet but RMS thinks otherwise. Thank you in advance for any help you may provide! Dan Are you on the TSYS platform? Are you getting: - "Connection Error = 400" OR - "Status Failed, Approval Connection Error" -- Jocelyn "Daniel Suh" wrote: > Hello, > > I am getting a "Connection Error" when tryging to use EDC. It is definitely > connect to the Internet but RMS thinks otherwise. > > Thank you in advance for...

Automation #2
I have created five (5) grids within Excel consisting of correlations comparing various commodities. Each correlation grid represents years of data (i.e., 5yr, 10yr, 15yr, etc.). Right now, I am manually checking each commodity across every grid to see which other commodities are closely or loosely correlated. At the same time, I check to see if these correlations are consistent across all years of data. Once the correlation is manually validated, I type the summary list into yet another worksheet. Basically, here's an abbreviated example of what the grids look like: AD BO BP C CC CD...

Looking for Excel site similar to "The Word MVP Site"
Hi, I'm looking for an Excel site similar to and as good as "The Word MVP Site" http://word.mvps.org/index.html Anyone have some suggestions? Thanks, Doug Perhaps: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/MainPage.aspx or http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm or http://www.contextures.com/ or ......................... -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200828 "Doug" wrote: > Hi, > I'm looking for an Excel site similar to and as good as "The Word MVP Site" > http://word.mvps.org/index.html > Anyone have some suggestions? > > Thank...

Excel and macro
Dear All I have an Excel worksheet and am wanting to make it intereactive so scores (from a questionaire/assessment) can be entered in by the user and the results of the assessment displayed. What I'd like to know is how to write a formula/macro which looks at 4 scores, notes the results of # 1 and# 2 in order, and displays text based on that score. Is this possible in Excel ? Many thanks in advance DM I'm not sure what you're looking for, but the LARGE function can return the nth largest number from a range. For example, =LARGE(A1:A10,1) will return the largest numb...

How do I copy an Excel chart to paste into InDesign?
I have a chart in MS Excel 2000 and when I select it, copy it, and then paste it into InDesign CS2, the labels on the lower horizontal axis do not come along. Is there some special way to do this that I'm missing? 1. Are you pasting into a frame? If so the default setting is to crop the graphic. You may just be cropping the bottom. 2. My experience is that axis labels in Excel sometime do not transfer well. My solution is to leave all labels blank, along with the chart title and use Indesign to label chart. 3. If you wish you can try and see if you can export the chart to a jpg or ...