How to hide the macro code that no one can open & see the code?

Hi,

In Microsoft Excel, I am using a Visual Basic for Applications macro t
run an application.
I wanted to hide this macro/ code from other users except me.
Should we use password in order to open the code or is there somethin
available in EXCEL via which can hide the code?
How should we hide the macro so know one can open and see the code?

Thanks

Jumm

Hi

You can protect your VBAProject with password (right-click on VBAProject in
Project window, open properties, and set password on Protection tab) - then
without password the user don't see any code in modules and can't change
worksheets properties etc. Not very secure of-course, but enough for most
cases.

--
Arvi Laanemets
(When sending e-mail, use address arvil<At>tarkon.ee)

"juma >" <<juma.16duws@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> In Microsoft Excel, I am using a Visual Basic for Applications macro to
> run an application.
> I wanted to hide this macro/ code from other users except me.
> Should we use password in order to open the code or is there something
> available in EXCEL via which can hide the code?
> How should we hide the macro so know one can open and see the code?
>
> Thanks
>
> Jumma
>

> ---

garbage (651)
5/17/2004 5:37:07 AM
juma

In the Visual Basic Editor you can protect your code with a password

Goto Tools menu > VbaProject Properties > Protection

Note:  This is not a very sucure way to protect your code as there ar
many programs available that will crack your password with in seconds.

Using the Open workbook with a password is a much more secure feature

FROM Excel File menu > Save AS >  Options Ta

HTTP reply code 204 No Content
Our application can be directed to open a window by clicking on an HTTP link with a URL that says which window to open. That works great. When invoked from a MS Word hyperlink, if our app returns HTTP reply 200 OK, then Word brings up IE to display a blank page (in addition to our app opening the proper window). Ick. If our app returns HTTP reply 204 No Content, then Word does nothing... just our window opens. Perfect! When invoked from Outlook or IE, if our app returns HTTP reply 204 No Content, then IE opens with an error page. Double Ick!! Is there an HTTP return code that lets Out...

Hiding "0" values in pivot table

caliing MATLAB code from C++ (.net)
Greetings, I have written some code in MATLAB that I have compiled to a dll. My problem is that I cannot access that function in C++. I am using the MATLAB engine but am gettings linkage errors when I try ot use engOpen, engEvalString and engClose. Any help would be sincerely appreciated. thanks in advance I dont know how MATLAB exports a function/class. You should use depends.exe to see what all is exported in this DLL. Perhaps a MATLAB related newsgroup would be more beneficial. --- Ajay Define what you mean. For example, what error messages do you get? The most common failure mode ...

Hiding formuals in cells question

Activate code after Manager logs in
I want to activate some of my code when Manager logs in to Store Operation Manager. Currently I am using Hook Type StartManager=12 but this activates before Manager logs in. Is there any hook type that will activate my code after the manager logs in ? Waiting for ur reply Vicky... :-) ...

coding for chinese
Hi, does anyone know how to get chinese characters into an app using the resource editor ? I am using MS Visual Studio 2005 and have Chinese fonts installed on my PC. I can add the characters to the string table and to the menu but when I run the code they come out as question marks like ????? But if I hardcode the chinese characters in to SetWindowText( ), then it comes out ok. many thanks. Checkout if the code page specified in the .rc file. -- Vipin Aravind http://blogs.explorewindows.com "Code Spanner" <ax7007@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1159203383.446463.25...

how can i transfer data from one sheet to another without blank li
Dear All I have extracted data from a system to a sheet including blank lines between the data. Any idea of how i can transfer the data from one sheet to another without any blank lines, in order to do my job using excel functions? Thanks in advance If you mean blank rows why dont you just sort the data? In case you need to retain the order (you can use a temporary column); insert an additional column say A. Number 1,2,....till the end in cells a1,a2 ...... Sort col B. Delete the blank rows..and then sort by ColA...Remove ColA -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Manos&q...

can't open attachments #7
I get the same message all the time with all my mail & attachment: OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail. First one today! Tools | Options | Security This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress for OE 5.5x microsoft.public.windows.inete...

Excel opens with no document -
Where is the default document for excel when it is launched? I am looking for the normal.dot of the excel world. Symptom: When I open an excel document it launches excel.exe to a blank grey screen. When I open a new Excel document and close it the document I opened is maximized at that point. I was thinking about recreating or pointing to the default excel document if it exists. First try the usual tweaks. Reboot your system. Start Excel with Start - Run - type: excel /unregserver, then excel.exe /regserver. It will start, put in all factory default registry settings, then end. Now ...

hide my name

HTML Code Fragment via Merge
Just learned how to create a catalog with Publisher and I was pretty pleased with this capability that I had never even noticed before. Now what I would like to do is create a web version of my catalog and include an item in each catalog entry that is an HTML code fragment. These would basically be paypal code items for a shopping cart entry relative to each catalog item. I would like to add the code for my fragment via another column in my XL spreadsheet that is the source for my merge. Does anyone know if this is doable? Get a program suitable to the task called WebPlus10 http://www.se...

Wrap Text from one cell to another cell
I want type all my text into C111 (1-3 pages worth). I want this text to automatically wrap to D111 to E111 to F111 to G111, etc. The cell appears to have a maximum limit of characters. Please help. "bras" wrote: > I want type all my text into C111 (1-3 pages worth). I want this text to > automatically wrap to D111 to E111 to F111 to G111, etc. > > The cell appears to have a maximum limit of characters. Copied from the help file:- Length of cell contents (text) 32,767 characters. Only 1,024 display in a cell; all 32,767 display in the formula bar. Have y...

Double Vision, Outlook Opens Twice
Hi there, I have a user with Outlook 2003 on XP home, and when she clicks on the Email link on the start menu Outlook opens twice. Does anyone know about this and how to solve it? Cheers, Steve does she have windows set to use single clicks? Outlook remembers how many windows and their positions you have open when you close it and opens it back to the same set up each time until you change it. If she closes one outlook window, works in it for awhile then closes the other - checking to verify it closed intask manager - will it still open with two windows? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Ou...

code not working with auto fill
I have a code working very well when I fill cells manually, but when I use auto fill the code stops working as if it does not exist . how can I make the code work with the auto fill. Thank you. Don't really understand the question. Do you mean that you are recording code but the recorded code does not work with Autofill? -- Regards, OssieMac "forcast" wrote: > I have a code working very well when I fill cells manually, but when I use > auto fill the code stops working as if it does not exist . how can I make > the code work with the auto fill. > ...

Can I use a macro to create a macro in a new workbook?
I have a macro that splits data in a single worksheet into multiple workbooks based on a change of data in a particular row. Is there a way within this macro to make it create a script in the new workbook that runs when certain cells are altered? EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice ..NET Compact Framework Missing DataTable .Copy() http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/6c88e324-5907-49d7-af14-841b27bdddb2/net-compact-framework-mi.aspx The easiest thing it to create a template with the required code, and use that template as the basis of the workbook that you cre...

Set Dsicount Code
Does anyone know how to use the ... Public Property Set DiscountReasonCode(Value As ReasonCode) ... I wrote some code that based on some criteria will discount some items, but looks like I also need to set the Discount Code... Any ideas or example would be great TIA ...

can I track IRA contributions?
I have several mutual fund accounts set up as retirement accounts, and periodically buy shares in them as a monthly IRA contribution from my checking account. Is there any way I can get a report at the end of the year of all my IRA contributions for the previous year? You would think that by running Reports->Taxes->Tax Related Transactions that they would show up, but no such luck. The category of each transaction in my checking account is Buy Investment/CD which generates an activity of "Buy" in the investment transactions of the mutual fund account. I'm still on ...

Hiding and Un-Hiding Data fields

IE8
I recently installed IE8 to my pc and now I cannot access anything on the internet. My system is VISTA and I have Stopzilla for spyware removal. Used to have Norton but have discontinued. -- Krystal K. Peters "Krystal Peters" <KrystalPeters@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:58AAA234-7B11-4E37-97A5-09AE87713FDF@microsoft.com... >I recently installed IE8 to my pc and now I cannot access anything on the > internet. > My system is VISTA and I have Stopzilla for spyware removal. Used to have > Norton but have discontinued. > -- ...

How do I hide gaps in an Excel 2007 chart?

Can't receive emails?
I have switched all infor from Outlook Express to Office 2003. I can send mail but I can't receive email in Office 2003. I have went to FILE-EXPORT in OE. Please help -- dagnag Are you still using OE? If so, and you have a POP3 account, you could be downloading mail in OE and removing it from the server. This would make it impossible to re-download it in Outlook. -- Patricia DiGiacomo Outlook MVP Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 www.cardozasolutions.com "dagnag" <dagnag@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3073F505-11DF-49C...

Recording Macros
Can I get help in this newsgroup with recording macros? I have recorded the following macro using the macro recorder. The cursor was 'in' cell E7 Selection.Cut Range("E5").Select ActiveSheet.Paste Range("E10").Select I would now like to convert this to a general purpose macro. I need help using [R][C] notation. The steps are simple: For i = 1 to 100 (1) Using the active cell, cut its value (a constant) (2) Move up 2 rows (3) Paste value (4) Move down 5 rows. Next i How do I change the recorded macro? Thanks for help. EdC something like ...

Can't edit in Microsoft Publisher
I have a network folder with a brochure that I would like to edit. Right now, something went wrong and I can't save the file," save as "is to another file. I am sure its something simple that I did wrong, but I can't figure it out. "Bendarod1" <Bendarod1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C8D3F5C2-21C1-4800-B091-A3BAA2D7335E@microsoft.com... >I have a network folder with a brochure that I would like to edit. Right >now, > something went wrong and I can't save the file," save as "is to another > file. > I am sur...

How do I prevent macro from looping
I want to trigger a macro called "AddC" whenever I enter data into cell and press enter. I have the following code: Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) If Target.Address = "$D$22" Then AddC End If End Sub the code for Addc is: Range("W22").Select Selection.Copy Range("D22").Select Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValuesAndNumberFormats Operation:= _ xlNone, SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=False Application.CutCopyMode = False Range("D23").Select End Sub When it fires it goes into a continual loop. Why ...

VBA write macro change column with 3 number digits to 4 digits the
-- James Do you mean Sub Macro() Range("D1:D10").NumberFormat = "0000" End Sub -- Jacob "James C" wrote: > > -- > James Use the white space (here) to record details of your requirements - don't try to put it all in the message header. Pete On Jan 25, 1:51=A0pm, James C <Jam...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > -- > James Thanks for your response -- James "Jacob Skaria" wrote: > Do you mean > > Sub Macro() > Range("D1:D10").NumberFormat = "00...