how to give cell reference using Combo Boxes in Excel?

Hi, is it possible to have Combo Boxes in cells in Excel?
How could I link a particular cell in excel with the selected value from the
combobox.
Kindly help me in this regard.

Joseph J
0
Joseph1 (69)

Hi Joseph

See
for several approaches on this.

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"Joseph" <Joseph@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding
> Hi, is it possible to have Combo Boxes in cells in Excel?
> How could I link a particular cell in excel with the selected value from
the
> combobox.
> Kindly help me in this regard.
>
> Joseph J

0
innocent (844)
6/3/2005 7:00:34 AM
i prefer the combo box from the forms toolbar.When you right click on the
combo box you get the format control box which lets you select your data
range for your list AND a cell link.The cell link will show 1 for the first
item in your list 2 for the second etc etc....you can use that link in choose
formulas,row numbers, column numbers etc etc
--
paul
remove nospam for email addy!

"Joseph" wrote:

> Hi, is it possible to have Combo Boxes in cells in Excel?
> How could I link a particular cell in excel with the selected value from the
> combobox.
> Kindly help me in this regard.
>
> Joseph J

destroyWindow give error
Hi hi i have one class which is nodialog from that i create dialog which is modeless. in one thread i call destryWindow from onother thread..it give error CHandleMap* pMap = afxMapHWND(); >> >> ASSERT(pMap != NULL); // Why does pMap == NULL this code fails.. if any body have solution ,plz send pradip > in one thread > > i call destryWindow from onother thread..it Thats your problem. The map between handle and CWnds is thread specific. This must be called on the same thread the window was created. --- Ajay you can post a custom defined message to the ...

cannot access conditional formating for a cell, why?
cannot access conditional formating for a cell, why? Is the worksheet protected? Regards |:>) On 8/22/05 6:15 PM, in article 3CFE1BC7-8E8A-47B4-B03F-7D3C6B0C4803@microsoft.com, "Steve Epstein" <SteveEpstein@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > cannot access conditional formating for a cell, why? ...

Share of Excel in the market
Does anyone know the number of the share of Excel in the market today ? I want to write its number down on my report, which I've been composing , but I couldn't find it. Would you please tell me how much the share of Excel is ? I hope you would help me and also if you don't mind, please tell me URL or something where you found the information. Hope to hear from you. This may help.......... http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/index.htm Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "keatonbus@gmail.com" wrote: > Does anyone know the number of the share of Excel in the market today ?...

PASTING NON ADJACENT CELLS
I'm sure this is a very silly question, but I sometimes have a problem pasting non adjaent cells. I select the cells using the CTRL click then copy, which always works fine, but sometimes when I try and paste the cells elsewhere I get an error message saying I can't paste non adjacent cells. Has anyone else come across this? It's very frustrating as sometimes I can do it and sometimes I can't. Anu sugegstions would be welcome. -- FarGardener Good morning FarGardner The excel rule is "you cannot copy non-adjacent ranges." But you can. Sort of. If the se...

Importing Excel File
I would like to import several Excel files into my current spreadsheet. The files that I want to import have multiple tabs with links. Is there an easy way to import the whole file (including tabs and links) into my current Excel spreadsheet? You could group the multiple tabs (worksheets) of one spreadsheet (workbook), (having the target workbook open), right click on the grouped worksheets, choose move/copy... To the target workbook. >-----Original Message----- >I would like to import several Excel files into my >current spreadsheet. The files that I want to import >...

cell references
I hope I can explain this so that it makes sense.......... I have one sheet (sheet1) with several rows and columns. There are two different sets of data that goes in these columns, depending on different circumstances. I duplicated the table that the first set of data is in to enter the second set. In order to change between the data, I copy the first set, paste it to another place on the sheet, then copy and paste the second set in it's place. That's not a problem....But, I have a second sheet (sheet2), that multiplies the data on sheet1 and displays the result there. The form...

Why does the font change when copying between Excel workbooks
I receive workbooks from colleagues for collation into a single workbook. When I try to copy data between workbooks, it is not pasted with the font properties of the original data or the default properties of the receiving workbook, even if those fonts are identical, but in some font with an uninteligible oriental character name. Can anybody tell me why this is? You don't have the same fonts as your colleagues on your local machine. "Paul Newbery CSC" wrote: > I receive workbooks from colleagues for collation into a single workbook. > When I try to copy data betwee...

Concatenate cells in Pocket Excel
Hello, I have a PDA, and I'm trying to merge, or concatenate, cells in Pocket Excel. Unfortunately there is no "concatenate" function, nor am I able to use "&" as in the desktop version of Excel. Any ideas of how to get around this? :confused: Many thanks!! -- jrd05719 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jrd05719's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24377 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=379669 ...

Use Scrollbar to create dynamic sum for a range of cells on Multi
I have multiple sheets one for each month. I have a summary page that needs to sum the sheets by row. The column controls the date range which is being used to dynamically produce the end of the date range to sum. I have a work book example that I can share. please let me know if you need to see it. Please do not Use the SHEET:A1:AG - sum function. dynamically it needs to find a date in a row in a certain column. The first sheet is Jan the second is Feb and so on. If I were to use on the scroll bar 3/31/09 - I should be able to sum Jan (row) + Feb (row) + mar(row) only where the month ...

when I put my flash drive in, the computer does not give me drive
when I put my flash drive in my computer will not give me a drive "capricorngirlone" <capricorngirlone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:26C0CE67-BEBA-44EF-9C48-32170D952552@microsoft.com... > when I put my flash drive in my computer will not give me a drive > That's a problem with your version of Windows, not Excel. -- Asking a question? Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about, your OS, Service Pack level and the FULL contents of any error message(s) Start > Settings > Control Panel > Administrative Tools &...

Using AES Decryption
I am working with a data feed that is parsed and loaded into tables in a SQL Server 2005 database. Certain fields will contain data encrypted using Rijndael-256 (AES). I wanted to use the DecryptByKey t-sql command to decrypt the data for processing. I have successfully encrypted and decrypted using a generated key in the database, but I do not know how to decrypt data that was encrypted elsewhere. I was given the key for the encryption, but it is just a string. I tried using this as password for a certifcate and encoded the sample string provided by the other developer (th...

Check Boxes #6
Is there an "easy" way to add check boxes to a worksheet? As it stands, I have to manually attach it to the underlying cell, and adjust the size. I would like to add several hundred checkboxes. Am I doing somethig wrong, or is it just that akward and labor intensive in Excel? Hi Adam, Try: '=============>> Public Sub Tester01() Dim SH As Worksheet Dim rng As Range Dim rCell As Range Set SH = ActiveSheet '<<==== CHANGE Set rng = SH.Range("A1:A100") '<<==== CHANGE Application.ScreenUp...

view cell content in header
Hi folks Can I customise the header so the left section = the content of a cell in the sheet eg A1. All I seem to be able to do is add date, page etc etc.. thanks john Images of home (NZ) http://www.titahi-bay.co.nz/home What we are up to in the UK http://www.titahi-bay.co.nz You need some VBA code to do this: You can use the workbook_beforeprint event to modify the header. Option Explicit Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) With Me.Worksheets("sheet1") .PageSetup.LeftHeader = .Range("a1").Text End With End Sub This goes behind the ThisW...

Calling CFileException::Delete() gives an assert
My codes goes like this: CFileException exept; BOOL bResult = m_file.Open(lpszSource, CFile::modeRead | CFile::shareDenyWrite, &exept); if (!bResult) { exept.ReportError(); exept.Delete(); } On the except.Delete() I get a "breakpoint" message that puts me in the disassembler, and if I push F5 I get an assert in dbgheap.c around the line: /* * If this ASSERT fails, a bad pointer has been passed in. It may be * totally bogus, or it may have been allocated from another heap. * The pointer MUST come from the 'local' heap. ...

rename tab in excel workbook
i have written code to export 3 excel workbooks in access. what is the syntax to rename each of the sheets(1) to specific names? do not find anything in the library that would indicate. thanks much for your help try this... Dim Excel_Workbook As Excel.Workbook Excel_Workbook.Worksheets(1).Name = "Weekly Report Dispatched" Excel_Workbook.Worksheets("Weekly Report Dispatched").Tab.ColorIndex = 35 -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com See how this works for ya: Option Explicit Option Compare Database Private objExcel As Excel...

Database file for populating cascading combo box error
I followed Greg Maxey's helpful instructions on List and Combo Boxes to create a template that loads a form when the user creates a new document. This form allow them to choose either a fax/letterhead and insert the appropriate address for the user. The address combo boxes are populated from a table in a Word document. This template will be used across 15 offices so I located the Word file on our server where it could be accessed by all. However, the database file comes up as read-only (by the last person to access it) whenever my test users try to access it. While you can p...

Using eConnect to obtain the links between Purchase Orders and Projects
I have used the eConnectOut XML node to obtain details about the following document types: Purchase_Order_Transaction Project_Acct_Project Project_Acct_Contract (and even tried) Project_Acct_Project_Access The trouble is that I see not details on what PO's are linked to what Projects. The closest I get is the summary info in the Contract response in elements like: PAPOCost PAPOQty PACommitted_Costs PACommitted_Qty However, this does not help me as I really need to know what PO's are linked to what... Any ideas? Thanks in advance, Paul. ...

add two cells from seperate work sheets into a cell on seperate wo
I have two cells on one work sheet that I want to add together in a cell on another work sheet. And is it possible to add together two cells on seperate work sheets in a cell on third work sheet Hi, When you say add do you mean sum and different worksheets are different files? if the answer is yes and let's assume that the worksheet names are A, B and C and the information is in that sheets in the tab called Sheeet1 and the information is to be summarize in worksheet C =+[A]Sheet1!$A$1+[B]Sheet1!$A$2 "lar" wrote: > I have two cells on one work sheet that...

How can I increas undo level in Microsoft EXCEL ? #2
Dear Sir/Madam, By default there are only sixteen undo level in Microsoft Excel.But i want to increas undo level more than sixteen. Please guide me how can i solve this problem? I will be very graetful to you. Thank you. XL: How to Modify the Number of Undo Levels http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;211922 HTH -- Dana DeLouis Win XP & Office 2003 "Sajid Siddique" <Sajid Siddique@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:687B1D0B-1E0C-465A-8ED9-FF521FFAC884@microsoft.com... > Dear Sir/Madam, > > By default there ...

Blocking A Domain using the Junk E-Mail Filter
Outlook 2003 has a very nice junk email filter. In the pull down you are able to 'Add Sender to Blocked Sender's List' and you can 'Add Senders Domain to Safe Senders List'. There does not seem to be a way using the pull down to quickly 'add the senders domain to the blocked senders list'. This is a large functionality gap from other anti- spam programs. The normality I have found is that if I get spam from a domain I normally want to block the entire domain not just that sender. Does anyone know if it can be added or turned on in the pull down? You ca...

Send mail using addresses in Access?
Hi, We have a membership list in Access 2003. We'd like to send an email to all the members that have an email address. From Outlook 2003 I haven't found a way to use the addresses in Access. I tried running a query, exporting it as .csv and importing it into Outlook. This requires a non-trivial amount of cleaning up (I used Notepad) to make all the addresses look good. I could import the addresses into Outlook, but, once there, I could not do anything with them such as put them into a distribution list. Is there a way to get the email addresses in Access attached to emails in O...

WORD gives error message on closing
I am running WORD2007 under VISTA. When I try to close a file or exit WORD, I get an error message "Microsoft Office Word has stopped working". If I try to retry I get another message that Word is trying to retrieve information. If I ignore or press cancel, Word restarts. How do I get "normal" file close and product exit? That's a symptom of a Word Data Key corruption - usually because Word has been running when updates are installed. Run Regedit and expand by double-clicking to the key below. With DATA selected, press DELETE. Word will automatically...

I give up!
I've used it. I've fought with it. I've tried everything. WLM has now got me beat!! I have it setup with two e-mail accounts and a NG account. The two e- mail accounts are used to retrieve NG e-mail / spam--which is filtered out excellently--and the other is a general one for chit-chat. The NG account I use to view groups etc. However, and this is where WLM is beating me, frequently I get an error when opening WLM telling me that the message store has been corrupted. When I login, there are no e-mails in the two accounts and there are no NG's that were listed...

how to remove spaces in a middle of a cell example '25 566 589.
hi iam facing this problem in my excel database because i want to export this data to sql server 200 this cell contains a phone nos. regards P.M.SANJAY Make a copy of you file before doing this: Select your column - goto Replace In the find area - press your spacebar 1 time In the Replace Area - Enter what you want to replace it with - if you want to replace it with "nothing" just leave it blank. This will remove "ALL SPACES" between your numbers If you want to replace "spaces" with "-" then enter that into your replace area. If you then get more t...

Cross Reference