How to get saved old saved work that was saved over?

I typed up some History notes and saved it. I wanted to use the same format
from those History notes for some new History notes and I saved over on my
old work. How can i retrive my old saved work? My work was in Word not Excel
But I could not find a place to ask a question in the Word help section.
0
Maral (2)

If you saved over the original file, it is gone forever.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Maral" <Maral@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I typed up some History notes and saved it. I wanted to use the
>same format
> from those History notes for some new History notes and I saved
> over on my
> old work. How can i retrive my old saved work? My work was in
> Word not Excel
> But I could not find a place to ask a question in the Word help
> section.

0
chip1 (1821)

IE8 doesn't show open/save dialog when opening PDF
I have written Java application that, when user click on the button, it opens new location in the same window in which it shows new HTML page and opens new popup window using window.open() JavaScript code. In the popup window Java outputs PDF using following headers: ContentType - application/pdf ContentLength - 1000 Content-Disposition - attachment; filename=My.pdf With above settings IE8 doesn't show open/save dialog for my PDF. Above code works fine with IE6, IE7 and Firefox. If I change "attachment" to "inline", then IE8 shows PDF in the popup wi...

A Crystal Beginner

Get paid while you get online!!

how to save customized view
Hi folks, I remember that I have read something like being able to save customized view settings in outlook. Since I have many customizations, I would like to save them maybe as a backup to a seperate folder, so that I can return back to my settings if I will ever need to reinstall outlook. Is this possible? Hi, Unfortunately there is not a way to backup custom views settings in Outlook. Regards, Scott Atkins MCSE, MCSA Partner Technical Lead - Outlook Microsoft Technical Support for Platforms and Business Applications -------------------- >From: "exciter" <t24680@hot...

Save & File
My company just switched from Lotus Notes to Outlook. In Notes I was able to "Send and Save" in one keystroke, sending the message and choosing a file (that is already set up by catagories I need) and it was saved there. Is there is a similar (i.e. quick) way to do it in Outlook? Thank you. You can use rules to copy messages after send. JMac wrote: > My company just switched from Lotus Notes to Outlook. In Notes I was able to > "Send and Save" in one keystroke, sending the message and choosing a file > (that is already set up by catagories I need...

Stupid Junk Filter Doesn't Work
I have oulook 2002 (xp). The stupid junk filter doesn't work and I can't figure out how to make it move junk mail to my deleted items so that i don't have to look at them in my inbox. Anyone have any suggestions? Upgrade to 2003. "Christy" <charrison@loanwhiz.com> wrote in message news:63de01c40155$1c4d1c40$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have oulook 2002 (xp). The stupid junk filter doesn't > work and I can't figure out how to make it move junk mail > to my deleted items so that i don't have to look at them > in my inbox. > > Anyone h...

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

2nd Attempt
I have recently been having difficulties with sending emails. When I make a reply and hit send the email saves to the outbox but does so in bold normal type and refuses to send. Sometimes if I make a new msg, copy by pasting everything and then save, the email saves to outbox in italics. This is "normal" I believe. The email goes out OK then. This seems to have started spontaneously. Anyone know what is happening and why. Perhaps more importantly how do I fix it? -- Jerry ...

Restoring OLD version of IS or mailbox
I completed (without incident) my migration from 5.5 to 2003 8 months ago and wiped/shut down/re-tasked my old 5.5 server. I have Netbackup tapes of the old 5.5 server (information store and brick-level mailbox backups) going back 4 years or more. What are my options if I want to restore a 5.5 mailbox of a former employee as of 18 months ago, but I no longer have a 5.5 server? Can I restore a 5.5 mdb into a 2003 recovery storage group? (I haven't yet converted to Exchange Native Mode, but I might have) Any cool tools out there that might help? You can't restore to the RSG. ...

How do I get??

Get notified when Out of Office is on

Getting Control ID in Active X control

TAB Key doesn't work in my DLL dialog app
I created a dialog based application in a DLL. When I run my dialog, I can not Tab between items. Basically the Tab key doesn't do anything. Is there a fix to this.... am I missing some option somewhere in MFC? Is it by any chance a MFC Regular DLL and you are dealing with a modeless dialog? --- Ajay Marek wrote: > I created a dialog based application in a DLL. > > When I run my dialog, I can not Tab between items. Basically the Tab > key doesn't do anything. > > Is there a fix to this.... am I missing some option somewhere in MFC? yes Ajay Kalra wrote: >...

Get photos from a camera

Keep hyperlinks afer save as html
Hello, I have created hyperlinks in my ms project but when I Save as html, I loose the hyperlinks. Can you please help? Thanks. On Jan 25, 5:55=A0pm, Enolia <Eno...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I have created hyperlinks in my ms project but when I Save as html, I loo= se > the hyperlinks. Can you please help? > > Thanks. * Duplicate post* See my other reply Hello Enolia, When you exported to HTML, did you select to export the Hyperlink Address field? In a quick test with Project 2003, the hyperlink address field does expor...

OS 8.6 Office '98 no "File/Save" in Word
OS 8.6 Office '98 All of the sudden, there is no "File/Save" in Word. Not that is grayed out, it just is NOT there at all. The first time this happened, a reboot got it back, now that doesn't work. In article <cf47e17c.0409130841.490a65f9@posting.google.com>, jmorse@premier1.net (James Morse) wrote: > OS 8.6 Office '98 > > All of the sudden, there is no "File/Save" in Word. Not that is grayed > out, it just is NOT there at all. > > The first time this happened, a reboot got it back, now that doesn't > work. Choose Tools/Cus...