How to get Excel hyperlinks to open in non-IE default browser

Hello.  I use an IE browser add-on called MyIE2 (www.myie2.com) which
extends the functionality of IE.  I have MyIE2 set as my default
browser.  If I click web site links in Outlook Express e-mail
messages, they open in MyIE2, as they should.  However, when I set up
hyperlinks in Excel spreadsheets, they open in IE.  Is there a
registry setting or something I can do to cause hyperlinks to open in
my default browser (MyIE2)?  Thank you.
0
news7339 (1)

Try Tools > Options > General > Web options

0
anonymous (74722)
5/3/2004 6:08:46 AM
I'm using Excel 2003.  In Tools - Options - General - Web Options -
Browsers, it lets me specify "People who view this Web page will be
using:" and then I can choose from five different versions and
combinations of versions of IE and/or Netscape, but I am not presented
with the ability to choose what browser Excel hyperlinks open up in
and therefore can't choose for that browser to be MyIE2.  Thank you,
nonetheless.

"Averil" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<73fe01c430d5$17ed9530$a401280a@phx.gbl>...
> Try Tools > Options > General > Web options

Reflecting info between an excel file and a word one or two excel file.
I have an Excel file that I use as a database with the dates of the time when my company does the maintenance of our electronics tools (we work in an industry that uses them a lot, we have around 200 in an Excel file). So the documents look as follows (the images are copied and edited in paint, that's why they look kinda weird). They are next to each other; I divided it here in order to fit it to word's format (it's in Spanish, there's no need for you to understand what it says anyway): Go to www.caladeamerica.com.ar/1st file.jpg please and see it. We do the maintenance of...

IE8 doesn't show open/save dialog when opening PDF
I have written Java application that, when user click on the button, it opens new location in the same window in which it shows new HTML page and opens new popup window using window.open() JavaScript code. In the popup window Java outputs PDF using following headers: ContentType - application/pdf ContentLength - 1000 Content-Disposition - attachment; filename=My.pdf With above settings IE8 doesn't show open/save dialog for my PDF. Above code works fine with IE6, IE7 and Firefox. If I change "attachment" to "inline", then IE8 shows PDF in the popup wi...

How do I import a WORD file into EXCEL? #2
I'd like to import a WORD table to Excel but when I go to "Select Data Source", only other EXCEL files show, not my WORD files but the Help function indicates that all files should be showing. I've selected "Text Files" from the Data Source; I've tried "All File Types" with no luck. Anybody have a clue for me? ..signed, an Excel Idiot......thanks! File>open and select all files or copy and paste -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "MauiMama" <MauiMama@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27741FDC-23BA-478D-98AC-21760...

Non US Dollar accounts do not show in Settings for Active Sync
I am currently using Microsoft Money 2006 for both my desktop and my pocket pc device. I am attempting to sync some of my accounts to my pocket pc device. However, it seems that the options for Active Sync is only shows acocunts that are using US Dollar as the currency. I would like to sync accounts that are using Singapore dollars. Any way I can do this? No. You can only synchronize accounts which are in your base currency, which appears to be US Dollars in your case. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://money.mvps.org/faq/default.aspx for ...

Access 2007 Opens Access App as Read Only
Greetings and thank you in advance for any assistance given. I am using Access 2007 on a PC running Vista Business and am having a slight problem. I have an Access application that, whenever I open the application, is opened as "Read Only" and I am forced to do a "Save As" in order to make changes. This is really rather annoying and I would like to make it stop. Is this a UAC issue in Vista or is this an Access 2007 issue? "Louie Landkirk" <LouieLandkirk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D0386E5-555C-40C6-BD37-7EA957A550E9@microsof...

A Crystal Beginner

default days
On excel 2003 i am using networkdays function on that the default was set to 5 days now i want to change it to 6 days. How do i proceed Do you mean 6 working days in a week? If so, try =SUMPRODUCT(INT((MAX(end_date,start_date)-WEEKDAY(MAX(end_date,start_date)+1 -{2;3;4;5;6;7})-MIN(end_date,start_date)+8)/7)) -SUMPRODUCT(ISNUMBER(MATCH(WEEKDAY(holidays),{2;3;4;5;6;7},0))*(holidays>=MI N(end_date,start_date))*(holidays<=MAX(end_date,start_date))) This assume Mon-Sat, so just change the array 2;3;4;5;6;7 to 1;2;3;4;5;6 if you want Sun-Fri. -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from e...

file is locked does not appear in Excel if file already open by an
We have shared files on a network drive. When a file is open by one user, and a second user opens the file we want them to recieve <filename> is locked for editing message and open the file read only. This works great for some users, but we have several users that can open the file (even if someone is already in it) and they do not get the prompt and can edit the workbook. Is there a setting that would turn this off for some users and not others in excel? Hello Leslie, You could try sharing the workbook. With the Excel workbook open, choose Tools from the menu. Choose Share W...

Excel VBA / Data Sorting / Maniputaltion
i have a long list, which i imported from other data base. The problem is: 1. In each cell, besides data (data is in alphabates) there are som numeric characters which i dont want . How can i get rid of all those unwanted numbers from data, from all th list? 2. The data is in every second row, ie. one row is empty. How can i Delete those empty/blank rows from the list -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com 1. I think we will need to see a sample of your data 2. Sort the data -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I am sending the sample data file... ...

I can not open doc file attachments from outlook express 6.0
I can not open doc file attachments in outlook express 6.0 Error message - There is not enough memory to open file All other attachments eg: jpeg etc are fine I have already increased my paging memory. >-----Original Message----- >I can not open doc file attachments in outlook express 6.0 >Error message - There is not enough memory to open file >All other attachments eg: jpeg etc are fine=20 >I have already increased my paging memory. >. > These Newsgroups address Office Outlook issues. Outlook Express gurus hang out here: http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/def...

Get paid while you get online!!

How to program an excel macro to repeat a series of keystrokes?
I want to program an Excel macro to set a columnar range, then perform the keystroke series "F2, Home, =, Enter" repeatedly until the end of the range is reached. How do I teach the macro to automatically repeat the keystoke series? I am using XP, and Excel 2002 10.4. Thanks for your help!!! Hi there, Look up Sendkeys in the visual basic editor help. Hope that helps Naz, London "Beancounter" wrote: > I want to program an Excel macro to set a columnar range, then perform the > keystroke series "F2, Home, =, Enter" repeatedly until the end of the ...

Change Excel Icon
Is there any way that the Excel Icon can be changed (without creating a shotcut) but still open as an excel application when clicked? Many Thanks. Kevin. Right click the icon, go to properties, select Change Icon. "kevin" <kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD3D14AE-46DA-4D03-944F-B04BF1DA0D8C@microsoft.com... > Is there any way that the Excel Icon can be changed (without creating a > shotcut) but still open as an excel application when clicked? > > Many Thanks. > > Kevin. Kevin AFAIK you cannot change the icon for the Excel.exe...

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

Exchange 2000 and IE Browser
Need some assitance please. We currently are using Exchange 2000. We just recently discovered that if a user is logged into the domain, that anyone could walk up to that workstation, go to the IE Browser and type in the url the dns name of our exchange server with \exchange at the end and it will pull up that users e-mail thru the browser without having to type in a user name and password. How can we prevent this from happening? Thank you for your time, Lisa In effect, when a user types \\server\exchange, he or she will see a folder mounted on the M-drive on the exchange server. The M-dr...

Checking specific text string in excel files stored in a folder
Hi, I need to write a code that can do the following: 1) prompt user to select a particular folder 2) search for a particular text string, for e.g., ABCD in all the excel files in that folder (the number of files in the folder will vary and so does the names of the files). Is it possible to specify the string that we want to search on the fly when macro is run? 3) create a simple report that contains the filename in one column and yes / no in the second column that tell me which file names contain that keyword (it will be great if the path of the file can be recorded in the 3rd colum...

Footers/Headers in Excel
Can I paste from Word to a custom header or footer in Excel? Yes. Select what you want in Word and copy. Go to custom header spot. You need to click in there and hit ctrl;v There's no command to actually paste (like right clicking). ctrl;c = copy ctrl;v = paste "sls" wrote: > Can I paste from Word to a custom header or footer in Excel? ...

Opening the help window
I have prototyped something before trying it for real in our application. I have this line in my prototype: ::HtmlHelp(GetSafeHwnd(), cHelpFile, HH_DISPLAY_INDEX, NULL); This opens the help system in a separate window, which I can always find later (with FindWindow) and direct to particular pages. Doing the above in the application gives me an unresolved external error, but I can't find anything to include that I'm not already including. MSDN doesn't mention what to include in the help page for HtmlHelp operation. What should I include? Or what am I missing? "GT&q...