How to get a copied sheet to update?

I made a copy of sheet 1, and it is names sheet 2.  How can I get th
data that I entered in sheet 1 to copy or update directly into the 2n
sheet.  Like I said the sheet are identical, sheet for sheet.  Onc
that is done, how can I set it up so only the 2nd sheet prints?  Thank
in advance!

Mile

--
mcr
mcr1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1549

To get a "linked" copy of sheet1 that updates.

With sheet1 active.......

Hit CRTL + A to select all cells.

Copy then switch to sheet2 and Paste Special>Paste Link>OK>Esc.

As far as printing, just select sheet2 and File>Print>Active Sheet.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 18:28:26 -0600, mcr1 <mcr1.1fl140@excelforum-nospam.com>
wrote:

>I made a copy of sheet 1, and it is names sheet 2.  How can I get the
>data that I entered in sheet 1 to copy or update directly into the 2nd
>sheet.  Like I said the sheet are identical, sheet for sheet.  Once
>that is done, how can I set it up so only the 2nd sheet prints?  Thanks
>in advance!
>
>Miles

0
Gord

updating OE Addressbook
we're using Outlook express as our email client, we've created a txt file (comma seperated value) conatining the additional email addresses. Is there a way to import the txt file and update each client's address book through network rather than going to each PC and import it manually.... pls. help tnx.... Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer G...

copy and past chart 11-21-07
I have 22 employees. I have created 22 different queries for different performance data. From these I want to creat a chart for each employee. Now I have created one very good chart for one of the employees, but it took a fair amount of doing and now I would like all 22 charts to look exactly the same in appearance. I would LIKE to copy and past the chart and then just change the SOURCE of the data but I cannot figure out HOW to do this? I successfully copied and pasted each query and then just changed the criteria accordingly, but I cannot figure out how to change the source fo...

eDITING A SHEET
LAST NIGHT I WAS WORKING ON A EXCEL SHHET AS i WAS i DID SOMETHING AND NOW i CANNT EDIT THE SHEET ON MY LAPTOP. i TOOK IT TO WORK AND CAN EDIT THERE. cAN ANYBODY TELL ME WHAT i DID AND HOW TO FIX IT.ROGER Can you at least open the file? If so, you might have just protected the workbook/sheet. Try going to Tools-> Protection to see if you can unprotect the file. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "ROGER" wrote: > LAST NIGHT I WAS WORKING ON A EXCEL SHHET AS i WAS i DID SOMETHING AND NOW i > CANNT EDIT THE SHEET ON MY...

Updating Links in PowerPoint 2007
I have pasted in links from Excel 2007 to a PowerPoint 2007 file. Both files are on same drive. When I open the PowerPoint I get a message "Some linked files were unavailable and can't be updated." What is going on? How do I fix? In article <8D3689EE-EA7C-407F-B757-45CEDAE78976@microsoft.com>, Txm49 wrote: > I have pasted in links from Excel 2007 to a PowerPoint 2007 file. Both files > are on same drive. When I open the PowerPoint I get a message "Some linked > files were unavailable and can't be updated." What is going on? How do...

Copy row2 cells down to last cell where the whole row isn't all blank
Hi Colo, I tried to run your code to copy formula in cell K2 (I place the cursor on cell K2) down to last cell in column K, it doesn't copy down the formula. Is there anything missing from the code ? Please help and thanks very much! Sub Cell2CopyToEnd() Dim col As Long col = ActiveCell.column Range(Cells(2, col), Cells(Rows.Count, col).End(xlUp)).Formula = _ Cells(2, col).Formula End Sub --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ I put a value in K99 (so the macro knew when to quit) and I put a formula in K2. With K2 selected, I ran the code and it worked fine. The co...

A Crystal Beginner

Update a note on a meeting but not send updates out to all attende
After a meeting request was created and sent to all our attendees, I want to add note to that meeting on my calendar but I don't want other attendees to get the note I am saving. If you are only adding to the note, no update should be sent. What version of Outlook? What addins do you have installed? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Excha...

Get paid while you get online!!

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

no longer downloads fund updates
hello..for some reason,unknown to me, when i click on update prices online-for my funds- they are no longer updated....the program goes through the motions but the funds are not updated...this has just recently happened...the program has worked fine up till now...any opinions would be most appreciated...thank you A number of things could cause this. Some users have been reporting problems with updating over the last couple of weeks, perhaps that's the cause. It's also possible that you have an invalid symbol - maybe one has changed recently. I'd probably go with the former ...

How do I get??

Can I enter items in MSN Money and have it update Money?
I would like to be able to manage my checking account on MSN Money when I am traveling can I do this and have it sychronize with Money on my PC when I return? If so how? Thanks Kelly Which version of Money? -- Michael Gordon MVP "Kelly" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09dc01c4aaf1$ee8880a0$a601280a@phx.gbl... >I would like to be able to manage my checking account on > MSN Money when I am traveling can I do this and have it > sychronize with Money on my PC when I return? If so how? > > Thanks > Kelly ...

Get notified when Out of Office is on

problems copying invoice form but then changing to a different font
I've downloaded an Invoice form (in .doc format) but the downloaded version has a font where all the letters appear unnaturally compressed. I've tried to change it to a more readable font (select all, then changed font to Arial, size to 10). Now the letters/font look good but the different lines and text entries are in the wrong positions. It looks like the size of the original page won't accomodate the new font and parts of the text have shifted to incorrect positions. If this is just a page size problem, how would I go about adjusting the new document before I change...

What's "can't shift items off sheet" in Excel?
I have a rather large Excel file (I'm adding items to the "G" columns. I have several columns hidden (old data I want to keep) and only about 8 or 10 columns unhidden. When I tried to hide three more columns just now, I get an Excel message "can't shift items off sheet". What does this mean? I've been using Excel for 11 years, and have never seen this message. http://support.microsoft.com/?id=170081 XL97: "Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet" Error Hiding Columns http://support.microsoft.com/?id=211769 XL2000: "Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet&...

Getting Control ID in Active X control

Money Update error
Running Money 2001 Deluxe, Version 9.0. When connecting to my bank, the last month or so, the bank data all comes back OK, but I'm getting this error: Money Updates: "Error was encountered while processing a downloaded file ("SMRTINET.INI") during Smart Connect." What is the significance of this, and is there a work-around if necessary? Thank you. Harry It is something to do with Money updates. One theory is that some of the MS servers are out of sync. Firstly don't worry about it, secondly try an Internet update as soon as you get this message. This has...