How to find multiple cells/replace whole cells w/data

I am trying to find a specific set of characters in multiple cells in a
column.  Once found, I need to replace the data within found cells with a
specific text string.  I have been able to replace a text string, but not the
whole cell.
0
dcurylo (1)

Perform a search and replace, and add an asterisk before and after your
"search for" parameter.  Replace with your desired cell contents.

Search for: *your text here*
Replace with: desired cell contents

0
CycleZen (674)
11/30/2005 8:03:14 PM
Instead of 'Find', turn on data filters and select Custom...  Use the
drop-downs to make the condition 'contains' and then enter the set of
characters in the text box.  Now only the appropriate rows should be shown,
so type the replacement text in the first matching cell and drag it down,
copying it to the remaining rows.

"dcurylo" wrote:

> I am trying to find a specific set of characters in multiple cells in a
> column.  Once found, I need to replace the data within found cells with a
> specific text string.  I have been able to replace a text string, but not the
> whole cell.

A code to import other xls data into one xls file
Hi there. Can anyone help me in creating a VB code in excel Module that imports data like file name;direct cost; and year from several xls spreadsheets [reports_1, reports_2, ...] (from different sheets and cells) into one spreadsheet [summary] into the following columns accordingly: (column 1 [file name]: file name; column 2 [direct cost]: dollar amounts, column 3 [year]: year)? i already have the code that pulls file names from the folder directory and pastes the data into column 1 [file name]. may be it will be easier to have the code refer to that column 1. Please note that t...

Find Duplicate names and delate

Issue retriving data from mssql 2005
Different queries accessing a storedprocedure sometimes hang until they are timedout. Calling the stored procedure mannually (Management Studio)(from the client computer that also executes the program) returns 1090 rows in one sec. EXEC spa08v1GetTransactions NULL ,'20091006','20091006' Executing the stored procedure from a simple app, just counting the rows gives me a timeout at 956 rows. This runs nicely against my test enviroment. SqlCommand cmd = new SqlCommand(); cmd.Connection = new SqlConnection("Server=MyServer;Database=MyDatabase...

Find a Value the first Time It Occurs

Finding a Median

Find/Replace in RichEdit 2.0

vlookup on cell below
Is it possible to do a VLOOKUP but instead of returning the value in row that contains the lookup, it returns the value in the row below? eg a b 1 no x 2 yes y 3 ok z =VLOOKUP("yes",A1:B3,2,FALSE) would return "z" instead of "y". Th only way I can think of is to add a row header at the top and use the MATCH function in column A to find the row position of "yes", then use that in an HLOOKUP in column B. I was hoping there was a simpler way. Not VLOOKUP, but INDEX & MATCH =INDEX(B1:B3,MATCH("yes",A1:A3,0)) -...

Find (but not find)

Let's pick a replacement for this (Access) newsgroup 2
There were two big threads on the original 6/1/10 post in the General Questions and New User sections. The gist of the original post was: Folks have recommended various sites to replace this (Access) newsgroup for when poor-listener Microsoft drops it. Why don't we pick a replacement to give it the "critical mass" to fully replace this one? If interested, please respond to this with your recommendation. Also, if you feel like it, in case this goes dead, send me an email with your email address at North9000 at gmail dot com and I'll try to collect / send out...

copying messages to multiple mailboxes
I've worked around this issue in a number of ways, and it's getting unwieldy and more complicated. So what I'm looking for is a "best method" solution. Exchange 5.5, Outlook 2000/2003 clients. I have a group of users who each need to receive the other's mail, incoming and outgoing. The kicker is they need to receive the message only once. So if I have three users for example, A, B and C, then I need the following: Message from X to A also gets copied to B and C. Message from C to A gets copied only B. The problem I've had most trouble with is a message from...

is there a comand to return the mane of a worksheet inside a cell
Trying to find a command that returns a worksheet name inside a cell Hi Fabian Try this, =MID(CELL("filename"),FIND("[",CELL("filename"))+1,FIND("]",CELL("filename"))-FIND("[",CELL("filename"))-1) This one will give you the full path: =CELL("filename") HTH John "Fabian" <Fabian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:140C847D-2C3A-49F6-9C60-9515B426AD5E@microsoft.com... > Trying to find a command that returns a worksheet name inside a cell Hi, =MID(CELL("filename...

Finding an event

Messages to multiple recipients not delivered to some of them
Hi, We are experiencing a sporadic problem with Exchange 2003 in that messages that are sent to multiple recipients not delivered to some of them. We are running Exchange 2003 SP2 on a Windows 2003 SP1 server. Most of the intended recipients receive the full message, but some of them receive a blank message that has the subject line filled in correctly. Does anyone know what may be causing this? -- bb On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 14:10:32 -0800, brad <piraparana@community.nospam> wrote: >Hi, > >We are experiencing a sporadic problem with Exchange 2003 in that messages >t...

Hiding Cells
How do you hide cells without having to hide the entire column or rows? Hi McNiwram! You can hide the contents by formatting the font the same color as the background. You can hide formulas in the formula bar by using: Format > Cells > Protection Place check against "Hidden" OK Note that this doesn't come into effect until the worksheet is protected using the Tools menu. -- -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. "McNiwram&...

stop multiple worksheets opening
I've "inheirted" a workbook that when opened, all worksheet automatically open in new windows. The person that created the workbook doesn't know how he did it, and haven't been able to find out how to turn it off. Any suggestions? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Press the X at the upper right for all but one of the windows, then save the workbook and close it. The next time you open it, no other windows should open. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "cwtex >" <<cwtex.17nbr3@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:cwtex....

Multiple Email
How do you manage multiple email accounts using Outlook? which Outlook version are you using? "Sister" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:051001c3b46c$877957d0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How do you manage multiple email accounts using Outlook? ...

cannot find database

How to make "This workbook contains links to other data sources" appear?
Hello How to make "Microsoft Excel This workbook contains links to other data sources To update all linked information, click Yes. To keep the existing information, click No." pop up or appear on the Task bar after clicking "Open Link" in "Linked Worksheet Object" in a context menu of a linked object in Word 2003 sp2? The window appear only after clicking an Excel button in the Task bar. ...

Trapping a NO FIND after a find

Can I place visible text in cell that won't print
Is it possible for me to place text in some cells where I can see the text but that will not print when my sheet is printed. I am aware of the comment feature that becomes visible when the mouse hovers over the small red symbol. I would like to be able to see what is in the cell without having to hover the mouse over each cell to see a comment. Is this possible? Thank you for any direction here. Jerry There are a few possible solutions. One is to use the comment as you noted, but you can have them always display even without the mouse hovering over it by using Tools/Options/View and se...

ignoring text data in a cell when summing values in the same cell
I have entered text in cells along with a numerical value as a note pertainig to the values example, "2 - exist". Is there a way to tell Excell to ignore the text data in order to sum the values..do you place the text in brackets or parathesis or something similar? -- FM Much, much easier never to mix text & numbers in the same cell in the 1st place. One avenue here, try use Data>Text to Columns to split the numbers separate from the text, then you can sum (or whatever) the numbers col directly. Or, assuming your data is representative (ie numbers are to the...

Multiple date parameters
I have three queries: MonthlyAll, MonthlyShows, and MonthlySpots. My main form is built off of MonthlyAll. It's main purpose is to provide a list of cities in a single form view, so that I can scroll through the cities and view the corresponding data. The main form contains two subforms: MonthlyShows and MonthlySpots. The subforms are linked to the main form by city and display the respective shows and spots by date. My question seems simple enough: Upon opening the form, I would like to type in a single date range ("Between [] And []"); and view only those shows and ...