How to find link in worksheet?

I'm using Excel 2002.  For some reason, when I open a particular worksheet
that I work with often, I get the following popup:

The worksheet contains links to other data sources
UPDATE            DON'T UPDATE                HELP

This just started after cutting and copying a group of cells into another
worksheet.  Any suggestions how I find out what this is and correct it?

Thanks,
Brett

0
myaccount1 (20)

Since Excel encloses the workbook name in square brackets [...] try searching for [ or ].
Otherwise use Edit/Links, and change the link to point to the current file itself.

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 20:01:34 -0600, "Brett" <myaccount@cygen.com> wrote:

>I'm using Excel 2002.  For some reason, when I open a particular worksheet
>that I work with often, I get the following popup:
>
>The worksheet contains links to other data sources
>UPDATE            DON'T UPDATE                HELP
>
>This just started after cutting and copying a group of cells into another
>worksheet.  Any suggestions how I find out what this is and correct it?
>
>Thanks,
>Brett

0
myrnailarson (145)
11/5/2003 2:05:42 AM
Brett,

Bill Manville's add in to find and remove the links is a very useful
utility.  You can find it here:

http://www.bmsltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm

Regards,
Murthy

"Brett" <myaccount@cygen.com> wrote in message
> I'm using Excel 2002.  For some reason, when I open a particular worksheet
> that I work with often, I get the following popup:
>
> The worksheet contains links to other data sources
> UPDATE            DON'T UPDATE                HELP
>
> This just started after cutting and copying a group of cells into another
> worksheet.  Any suggestions how I find out what this is and correct it?
>
> Thanks,
> Brett

0
murthyavr (29)
11/5/2003 6:06:08 AM
One place where excel hides unwanted links is as a range
name. If you have ranges or cells named in one file and
you copy them to another a link is maintained to the
location in the source file. TO find these click on
Insert/Name/Define and check what location each range name
points to. You may find links.

0
anonymous (74717)

Find Duplicate names and delate

Finding a Median

Find a Value the first Time It Occurs

Autofill Worksheets
Is there a way in Excel 2000 to rename the first two worksheets and then use an autofill type feature to add more worksheets with a series of names? For example, name one worksheet January, the next one February, then insert new worksheets that would be automatically named the consecutive months. Bonnie Hi Bonnie i would probably approach it this way, choose tools / options / general change "sheets in a new workbook" to 12 open a new workbook - it will have 12 sheets go back into tools / options / general and set the sheeets back to 3 then run the following code ---- Sub n...

Ressource Name for External Link
Dear All, When connecting a user and going to his project on PWA, Ressources names appear. However, if the link is an external to another project, the name of the External Ressource name does not appear. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Thanks yann -- This is not a bug in the software. External links only include a small amount of information, and does not include the resources assigned to the external task. Furthermore, there is no way to force the external task to display resource names, but perhaps you could write custom code in VBA to extract this informa...

Find/Replace in RichEdit 2.0

Linking Contacts in Outlook 2007
I just converted from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2007. In Outlook 2003 at the bottom left of the address card was a field in which you could link the open contact to other contacts in your address book. That field does not appear in the address card in Outlook 2007. Can someone help me figure out how to make that field appear? Thank you. That option is here: Tools > Options > Preferences > Contact Options... > Show Contact Linking on All Forms -- Russ Valentine "JMD01519" <JMD01519@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BACF9C2B-6FAC-48F4-B...

Find (but not find)

Linking tables together
I have set up five tables in my database but now I want to merge the tables into one table. How do I do that? If all the tables have identical structures, you can use a union query. Select * from tbl1 Union Select * from tbl2 Union Select * from tbl3 ..... "Maggie" <schmidt.margaret@gmail.com> wrote in message news:266ff9f6-f9b8-4f77-88ea-358518bfc936@q77g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... >I have set up five tables in my database but now I want to merge the > tables into one table. How do I do that? You are best not to. The information in the tables will refer to a sp...

Finding an event

is there a comand to return the mane of a worksheet inside a cell
Trying to find a command that returns a worksheet name inside a cell Hi Fabian Try this, =MID(CELL("filename"),FIND("[",CELL("filename"))+1,FIND("]",CELL("filename"))-FIND("[",CELL("filename"))-1) This one will give you the full path: =CELL("filename") HTH John "Fabian" <Fabian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:140C847D-2C3A-49F6-9C60-9515B426AD5E@microsoft.com... > Trying to find a command that returns a worksheet name inside a cell Hi, =MID(CELL("filename...

link .pub files
I have produced a series of .pub files [Publisher 2003] for a book - each has illustrations, footnotes etc as separate text or picture boxes. I now want to put all the chapters into a new .pub file so that I can take the complete book to a printer - but I can't find a way to do this! Best 'fix' so far has been to save each chapter as a Word file and import that into a new .pub file. But that does not deal with the pictures, which all have to be re-inserted in the precisely correct position. there MUST be a better way! Or is it another problem with Publisher, like the inabi...

How to make "This workbook contains links to other data sources" appear?
Hello How to make "Microsoft Excel This workbook contains links to other data sources To update all linked information, click Yes. To keep the existing information, click No." pop up or appear on the Task bar after clicking "Open Link" in "Linked Worksheet Object" in a context menu of a linked object in Word 2003 sp2? The window appear only after clicking an Excel button in the Task bar. ...

cannot find database

Trapping a NO FIND after a find

How do I find the out of office reply?

How to reduce the number of shortcuts/links in the recent documents list?
When I look into the folder: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\recent then there are currently approx 20 recent documents listed. How can I permanently reduce the number or even disable this list? Cindy Cindy Parker wrote: > When I look into the folder: > > C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\recent > > then there are currently approx 20 recent documents listed. > > How can I permanently reduce the number or even disable this list? > > Cindy > Right click on the Start button and choose Properties --> Customize ...

Removing Linked Worksheets in Excel
We have a file that has bounced around over multiple years, under multiple versions of Excel, that contains links to various Source Files. Whenever the file is opened, it asks if we would like to update the information in the linked documents. Click NO makes the file usable, so there is no lost data. It is just a bit annoying to have to continue to do so. Some of these files exist, and some have not existed for years. In either case, we have been unable to remove the link to the files that are referenced. The status on each of these linked source files is A. Any ideas/help/direction on ...

copy to different worksheet
Here's my problem. In worksheet 1, I have summation formulas in a one row, at a4, b4, c4, d4 and e4. I want to put the results of the above sum formulas into a different worksheet and put them in one column, such as a1, a2, a3, a4 and a5. Can anyone help me?' Thanks Try this in A1 of Sheet2, and copy down: =INDEX(Sheet1!$A$4:$E$4,ROW()) -- HTH, RD ===================================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ===================================================== "jskamm" <jskamm@discussions.microsof...

office link
Can any one help. I have a error - null command file entry in swdrvs appear when i try to merge a letter in the card area of myob can any tell me how to fix this. Sounds like an MYOB problem to me. Look for assistance in the MYOB forums at http://community.myob.com/ -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "gb007" <gb007@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:363BFB75-A646-473D-A813-00EB962374A7@microsoft.com... > Can any one help. ...

Worksheet Problem
I have a excel doc that has 4 tabs(sheets) named AIX, HPUX, Windows Other. Each sheet is a listing of all our servers of each type and th relevant info on each (hostname, location, version, vendor, dat purchased, etc..). Each sheet is also auto-filtered on the top row b these categories. I would like to add a 5th sheet called "All" that list's all of ou servers on one sheet. Is there a way to create this sheet so i automatically gets it's data from the other sheets and is updated whe the others are updated? Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I th...