How to extract list of persons available from an availability list

Using Excel I have prepared a table listing in column A fixture dates of
matches and in row 1 a list of persons and and inserted "y" in appropriate
name column their availability for certain fixtures. How can I easily extract
a list of persons available on a certain date i.e. where there is a "y" in
their name column in a fixture date row

Why not have the names listed in column a and the in b,c,d etc have the
dates.  Once completed with Y all you need to do is use a filter to obtain a
list of who is available.
 Click Yes if this was helpful please.

"GeoH" wrote:

> Using Excel I have prepared a table listing in column A fixture dates of
> matches and in row 1 a list of persons and and inserted "y" in appropriate
> name column their availability for certain fixtures. How can I easily extract
> a list of persons available on a certain date i.e. where there is a "y" in
> their name column in a fixture date row
I have just put up a file for you at:-

www.pierrefondes.com

It is item number 34 towards the top of my home page prepared in EXCEL 2007.

1. Open the file where you will see I have included some data.

2. Click on the drop down button in cell A 1 and select y (only). Hit OK.

3. On the drop down in cell C 1 click on the date that you wish to look at.

I have seen the following results:-

a and c are available on Jan 9th.

b and d are available on Jan 16th.

a and c are available on Jan 23rd.

b and d are available on Feb 6th.

a and c are available on Feb 13th.

Be careful when you are selecting the dates as it is a bit tricky but, if
you are careful, I believe that you will see the results you require.

Thanks!

"GeoH" wrote:

> Using Excel I have prepared a table listing in column A fixture dates of
> matches and in row 1 a list of persons and and inserted "y" in appropriate
> name column their availability for certain fixtures. How can I easily extract
> a list of persons available on a certain date i.e. where there is a "y" in
> their name column in a fixture date row
To clarify

Names	01/01/2010	08/01/2010	15/01/2010	22/01/2010	29/01/2010	05/02/2010	12/02/2010
a	                 y	                 y			y
b	                 y			                        y			y
c		                                                        y
y		        y	                y	               y
d			y				                y
e	                y		         y			y

Then filter each date as required.  Tables do not appear correctly in the
reply (sadly I don't have a site like TTT) but it may be better viewed if you
view as if making a reply.

"Arceedee" wrote:

> Why not have the names listed in column a and the in b,c,d etc have the
> dates.  Once completed with Y all you need to do is use a filter to obtain a
> list of who is available.
>  Click Yes if this was helpful please.
>
> "GeoH" wrote:
>
> > Using Excel I have prepared a table listing in column A fixture dates of
> > matches and in row 1 a list of persons and and inserted "y" in appropriate
> > name column their availability for certain fixtures. How can I easily extract
> > a list of persons available on a certain date i.e. where there is a "y" in
> > their name column in a fixture date row
Here's a small sample file that demonstrates this.

xGeoH.xls  14kb

http://cjoint.com/?bjs25I5muc

Note that the formulas entered in C15:C19 are array formulas.

Array formulas need to be entered using the key combination of
key then hit ENTER.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"GeoH" <GeoH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Using Excel I have prepared a table listing in column A fixture dates of
> matches and in row 1 a list of persons and and inserted "y" in appropriate
> name column their availability for certain fixtures. How can I easily
> extract
> a list of persons available on a certain date i.e. where there is a "y" in
> their name column in a fixture date row

Neat solution, Biff

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"T. Valko" <biffinpitt@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Here's a small sample file that demonstrates this.
>
> xGeoH.xls  14kb
>
> http://cjoint.com/?bjs25I5muc
>
> Note that the formulas entered in C15:C19 are array formulas.
>
> Array formulas need to be entered using the key combination of
> CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER (not just ENTER). Hold down both the CTRL key and the
> SHIFT key then hit ENTER.
>
> --
> Biff
> Microsoft Excel MVP
>

> "GeoH" <GeoH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Using Excel I have prepared a table listing in column A fixture dates of
>> matches and in row 1 a list of persons and and inserted "y" in
>> appropriate
>> name column their availability for certain fixtures. How can I easily
>> extract
>> a list of persons available on a certain date i.e. where there is a "y"
>> in
>> their name column in a fixture date row

> signature database 4756 (20100109) __________

> http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4757 (20100109) __________

http://www.eset.com

0
Roger
1/9/2010 6:10:12 PM
Thanks, Roger!

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Roger Govier" <roger@technology4unospamdotcodotuk> wrote in message
> Neat solution, Biff
>
> --
> Regards
> Roger Govier
>
> "T. Valko" <biffinpitt@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Here's a small sample file that demonstrates this.
>>
>> xGeoH.xls  14kb
>>
>> http://cjoint.com/?bjs25I5muc
>>
>> Note that the formulas entered in C15:C19 are array formulas.
>>
>> Array formulas need to be entered using the key combination of
>> CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER (not just ENTER). Hold down both the CTRL key and the
>> SHIFT key then hit ENTER.
>>
>> --
>> Biff
>> Microsoft Excel MVP
>>

>> "GeoH" <GeoH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Using Excel I have prepared a table listing in column A fixture dates of
>>> matches and in row 1 a list of persons and and inserted "y" in
>>> appropriate
>>> name column their availability for certain fixtures. How can I easily
>>> extract
>>> a list of persons available on a certain date i.e. where there is a "y"
>>> in
>>> their name column in a fixture date row

>> signature database 4756 (20100109) __________

>> http://www.eset.com

> signature database 4757 (20100109) __________

> http://www.eset.com

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AjhPChIe1hRCdDY2bkRpdDRtWnF3UlI3WFA4YzN4Ymc&hl=en

Try this

"Arceedee" wrote:

> Why not have the names listed in column a and the in b,c,d etc have the
> dates.  Once completed with Y all you need to do is use a filter to obtain a
> list of who is available.
>  Click Yes if this was helpful please.
>
> "GeoH" wrote:
>
> > Using Excel I have prepared a table listing in column A fixture dates of
> > matches and in row 1 a list of persons and and inserted "y" in appropriate
> > name column their availability for certain fixtures. How can I easily extract
> > a list of persons available on a certain date i.e. where there is a "y" in
> > their name column in a fixture date row

Can't browse for a list server for offline address book
OK - new info - I tried to rebuild the GAL and the offline address book - I'm getting error (0x8004010F) when I click on tools send recieve address book in outook 2007 and 2003. I tried to click on browse under exchange system manager address list - list server and nothing happens and nothing shows up in the event viewer. I tried to create a new offline address book but when I enter a name and then click browse for list server nothing happens so I can't create a new offline address book. Ok, you meant to say when you download the OAB you get error 0x8004010F as this erro...

Drop Down List Woes
I have a drop down list in excel 2000 (data validation) whose contents cannot read. If I make the entire column width wider, I throw off th whole page layout. Is it possible to widen the drop down list withou changing the entire column width? Also, how do I change the font o this list? Thanks, Kevi -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You could use a SelectionChange event to temporarily widen the column. There are some instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Wider You can't change the font or font size for a Data Validation dropdown list. ...

Mailing List
is there a good way to print mailing lables? do I need an Add-on? thanks, Sacha Sacha, You can use a Mail Merge inside of Microsoft Word to connect to your Store Ops database. -- Thank you, Ryan Sakry Program Manager Retail Information Technology Enterprises (RITE) rsakry@rite.us http://www.rite.us 320-230-2282 ext. 4002 (Office) 320-230-1796 (Fax) "Sachafav" <Sachafav@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B681108-2DCF-49B0-A11F-7D20CDE5CC0B@microsoft.com... > is there a good way to print mailing lables? > > do I need an Add-on? > > thanks, &...

I am trying to change the text size of the folder list in Outlook
not the preview pane, the actual folder list in the Inbox Window. It's so tiny. "Bayoubelle" <Bayoubelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D431653F-FA94-4AD2-9668-380846EE6CB2@microsoft.com... > not the preview pane, the actual folder list in the Inbox Window. It's so > tiny. Always state your Outlook version. Click View>Arrange By>Current View>Customize Current View>Other Settings. Change the Column Font and Row Font settings to suit. If you're using Outlook 2007, then it's View>Current View>... I...

extracting icons
Is there any way to extract an icon from an application? Take a look at the ExtractIcon[Ex]() API Cheers Check Abdoul --------------------- <davegreb@gpxinc.com> wrote in message news:c6c54da6-574c-4c8e-8ec9-3b77b99a5523@d70g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > Is there any way to extract an icon from an application? ...

how can i create and edit pull down list
I need to create a list of e.g, names so that i can select a name to include in a cell, instead of typing them. Thanks -- excel57 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ excel57's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=17386 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=395401 You can use Data Validation to create a dropdown list of names. There are instructions in Excel's Help, and here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html excel57 wrote: > I need to create a list of e.g, nam...

extracting totals from within a spreadsheet
I need to know how to take different information from within a spreadsheet --where two conditions/catogories must apply so that a third column where i have inputed hours, will total for those conditions only... can anyone help? Please spell out what you want we are not mind readers -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Jovetta" <Jovetta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91442C6D-03DF-4FC1-A069-AAB43FA57485@microsoft.com... >I need to know how to take different information from within a spreadsheet > --where two condi...

Attribute Display list to show which attribute is used on the form
Hi, Is it possible to get a list of the attribute display names for an entity and also the status on whether that attribute is used on the form or not? Thanks a lot, Crsb Yes attribute details you can get from metadataservice webservice using CRM SDK. here is some more details and advance topic on this http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2007/07/13/advanced-metadata-service-scenarios.aspx -- Regards, Imran MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "crsb" wrote: > Hi, > &g...

have excel list the results
Hello, i have 14 teams and i'm trying to get excel to list them all t play each other team once trying to get excel to figure this out for me a1= team1 b1=team2 c1=team3 d1=team4 all the way down to team n1=team 14 what else do you need to have on this sheet for excel to figure an list all games how would you get excel to do this the simplest way -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Transpose your list to A1:A14, select B1:N14, insert this formula, and press <ctrl><enter>: =IF(ISBLANK(OFFSET($A1,COLUMN()-1,)),"",OFFSET($A$1,COLUMN ()-2,)&&qu...

Extract emails from cells with text
I have a row in column A which includes an email address in the text that I'd like to extract to column B. Is there a formula I can use to accomplish extracting the email address only to column B? Here's an example of different cells in column A: Please email example@law.ufl.edu to contact us...... OR Schedule an appointment for assistance, or email example@uga.edu with your questions... Thank you Try this... All on one line: =TRIM(RIGHT(SUBSTITUTE(LEFT(A1,FIND (" ",A1&" ",FIND("@",A1))-1)," ", REPT(" ",...

Appending data in cells that utilize a Dropdown list.
Hello all, I would like to append entries in cells that utilize a dropdown list. Currently, when I select (in this case names) from my dropdown list I cannot append them if I want to add more than one to a cell. If I select another name from the dropdown, it erases the first entry. Is there some way to append entries within cells that use this form of validation so that I can enter more than one in a cell from the dd list? -- Thanks, Geek using Office XP Professional Hi Geek Debra Dalgleish has an example workbook showing how to do this http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html...

Auto Number in List Control
What code can I use to automatically display a number, or preferably, text that will display the same "receipt number" as the previous record or the next successive number. For example, I enter a receipt number in a record...when I start the next record, on a form, I want to be able to click in a list box the same receipt number as before or the next receipt number, which would be just the next number in line. -- Gator ...

List Box #3
Hi, I am trying for the first time to build a list box. I need a list box that the user will be able to choose all the relevant items and that they will appear in another list box - with the option to remove from it (by selecting and pressing 'del'). I used the tool box to create a list box. I tried to put the data in it using AddString and SetDlgItemText (I created a variable for this control), but get an error message when I run it Could anyone please tell me how to do it? Many thanks > I used the tool box to create a list box. I tried to put the data in it > using Ad...

Campaign & marketing list
Hi there again. If I have a Marketing list object, is there a way to get Campaign that Marketing list belongs to? There are no lookup fields, and in this code an exception is thrown: Dim qe As New QueryExpression() qe.EntityName = EntityName.campaign.ToString() qe.ColumnSet = New Query.AllColumns Dim le As New LinkEntity() le.LinkFromEntityName = EntityName.campaign.ToString() le.LinkFromAttributeName = "campaignid" le.LinkToEntityName = EntityName.listmember.ToString(...

extracting individual numbers from "ranges"
I'm trying to get EXCEL to extract stock prices quoted in individual cells as 52-week ranges --e.g. 11.76-19.90-- and do the following calculation: (higher price - lower price)/lower price Obviously, this a problem because each cell appears to handle the range as text or something. Is there are way to get EXCEL to handle the "text" (or however else it is interpreting what's in the cell) as individual numbers? Great thanks for any help. Hi do your entries always look like lower_number-higher_number if yes you may try the following formula in the adjacent row (lets assum...

Query and Extract
Hello all, This seems basic, but I just cannot get it. While using SQL Server 2005 and the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, I created a database called AssetQuote. Inside I have on table called assetquotes. From there, I have three columns, (date, quote, author) The column type for date is datetime and the other two are just text. My Query is something this: INSERT INTO AssetQuote (date, quote, author) VALUES('052010','No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.', 'Aesop'); When I run the query I get this result: Msg 208, ...

Public Folders not listed on Folder List
I cannot see Public Folders on my Outlook 2003 SP2 Folder List. I am using Exchange 5.5 SP4. Please help. Have you permission to see each folder? /Lasse "M P" <mark@textguru.ph> wrote in message news:ORUUCoMpGHA.3584@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I cannot see Public Folders on my Outlook 2003 SP2 Folder List. I am using >Exchange 5.5 SP4. Please help. > Could you see them yesterday? Describe what happened - what changes did you make to the system? .. -- Judy Gleeson Microsoft Most Valuable Professional Outlook www.acorntraining.com.au "Lasse Pette...

extracting hours from a sum of time
I have a cell which sum a bunch of cells containing an elapsed time. The sum totals to more than 24 hours. I have to a cell with a cost per hour and I need to caclculate the total cost. The problem is that the hour function returns values in the range of 0-24. My current sum is 25:30 and the hour function return 1 and not 25. Any ideas how to bypass it? It "returns" the correct number, but doesn't show. Format Custom as [h]:mm and it will. To convert to a number that you can multiply with an hourly rate, first multiply by 24; times in Excel are fractions of a day and a day is s...

Limit to List
I have a form frmOrder with an unbound combo box cboPartNo, with the Limit to List property set to Yes. In the "On Not in List" event, I've added the following: DoCmd.OpenForm "frmNewPart", , , , , acDialog Response = acDataErrAdded When I enter a new part number in the combo box, the form frmNewPart opens as expected, but when I try to close the form, I get the following message: "The text you entered isn't an item in the list. Select an item from the list, or enter text that matches one of the listed items." Then the frmNewPart form close...

How do I associate a contact folder with address list?
I have all these contact lists, some with all my data, some just blank. When I go to email, I go to New, then To, but no addresses to choose from. I get an errror sayings that there is no associated contact folder for my address list. any thoughts George wrote: > I have all these contact lists, some with all my data, some just > blank. When I go to email, I go to New, then To, but no addresses to > choose from. I get an errror sayings that there is no associated > contact folder for my address list. > > any thoughts Right-click on your contacts folder, go to propert...

PERSONAL BANKRUPTCY
http://onenesstemplenemam.blogspot.com http://bankruptcy5.blogspot.com/ http://filingbankruptcy1.blogspot.com/ http://bankruptcyattorney1.blogspot.com/ http://personalbankruptcy1.blogspot.com/ http://chapter13bankruptcy1.blogspot.com/ ...

Extract Text
Dear all I have this text in a field: 200701-I 200701-II 200701-III 200701-IV and I need to separate only the data after the six first data: -I -II -III -IV How can I do it? Thanks a lot!!! Andr=E9. Take a look at Access HELP for the Mid() function. Open a query in design view and add a new field something like: NewField: Mid([YourField],7) -- Regards Jeff Boyce www.InformationFutures.net Microsoft Office/Access MVP http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/ Microsoft IT Academy Program Mentor http://microsoftitacademy.com/ <gatarossi@ig.com.br> wrote in message news:11893397...

Possible to keep log of addys blocked by Exchange block lists?
Such as Zen, etc. I was curious to know if there's a provision in Exchange whereby it can log the addresses of incoming mails (maybe even just the SMTP servers, if that's all it knows)? While on the one hand, something like Performance Monitor can tell you the *number* of blocked connections, it's a bit disconcerting to have no idea what blocked. Not using a connection filter and letting all email in and then filtering out with IMF at least lets you see what's not going to users. Thanks SB2003R2 Other than a WOW You've blocked a lot of email I'v...

Can I extract unique cell values from every nth column?
I have a range that covers B5:XA160. For each row, data is entered in 11-cell groups: date, some numbers, description (a text value), more numbers, and more numbers. At first it was enough to merely count how many times certain descriptions appeared, because those were the only ones we would see - or so the story went. Now, I need to extract the unique descriptions AND provide a count! Actually, I'm cheating a bit. I'm using SUMPRODUCT to return the number of times the expected descriptions appear, and by subtracting these from the total number of text values I get a count of &quo...