how to enter a value, and have it SUMMED with the existing cell co

An Excel cell contains, say= 4.  How do you enter, say=2, and have the result
= 6?
(not COPYING and Paste As ...)
0
abe2663 (2)

Why is Actual Work updated when entering time into Work Field?
We're using MS Project 2007 and seeing that sometimes when time is entered into the Work field for a task, that task's Actual Work is updated to the same value entered in the Work field. This happens to multiple resources, but only on some of their tasks and not on others. For example, for the weeks of 1/24 and 1/31, whatever hours I schedule (enter in the "work" cell in the Resource Usage View) for a given task also appears in the "actual" cell. The tasks are setup up differently. Some are Fixed Work, some are Fixed Duration. I believe all have the e...

Excel 2003 spreadsheet. I enter the any number and it is entered.
If I enter a number into a cell it is put in like a decimal. For example, if I enter 10 it is put in as .1 500 is entered as a 5 Thank you Mary Mary, Goto Tools>Options and on the Edit tab you should see The Fixed Decimal Places box checked. Uncheck it. -- HTH RP "maryu" <maryu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65C0E0FB-43F3-4F34-8A86-FBA3F02EC9B1@microsoft.com... > If I enter a number into a cell it is put in like a decimal. For example, if > I enter 10 it is put in as .1 500 is entered as a 5 > Thank you > Mary ...

Report: Dollar Value of Added Inventory??
Is there a report that can be run daily which gives us the dollar value of inventory added (received) into the system on that day? Knowledge Base article #869856 suggests running item/value list report and item/item movement report subtracting the second report from the first, but doesn't account for what was added that day. Thanks. ...

starting a cell with a /
Is it possible to do this? I want one of my columns to contain a directory name, which in unix starts with a forward slash. I can put a space in front of it, but I'd rather not. Thanks in advance, Hi try '/ the apostrophe won't display or print Cheers JulieD "G. Mule" <none@nev.dull> wrote in message news:q2aig012f99ms2o0sbbkckp8jlg3f88t4j@4ax.com... > Is it possible to do this? > > I want one of my columns to contain a directory name, which in unix > starts with a forward slash. > > I can put a space in front of it, but I'd rather not. ...

Filter records by date in subform by date entered in mainform.
Hello, I've spent 3 days trying to understand what I'm doing wrong.....Here is the summary of my problem. I have a form named 'frm_EfficiencyStats' and a subform within the form named 'qry_Total hours subform' (the subform is based on a query). The form contains a text box (for date) which is bound to a table 'tbl_EfficiencyStats'. I would like to be able to enter a date in the text box on my form, and display the records in the subform based on the date I entered in the text box. The subform will only pull records from my table based on the date. Here are th...

Format cells for hexadecimal numbers
How do I format cells so I can enter numbers directly in hex format. I will then operate on them and also convert to binary or decimal using the hex2bin function. Text -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200909 dont forget excel only can do math on decimal numbers. you can put A in a cell but excel not see it as 10, just a text. every hex or bin number must be convert to dec to do math. "Ricsastir" <Ricsastir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10E72290-7D7F-4C34-B2EF-C72686BC2CE1@microsoft.com... | How do I format cells so I can enter numbers dir...

A script to replace a value with another
i want to replace a field with another within the same Contact record. Is there any example that you can show me? i'll doing this to over 5,000 records. i'm using Outlook 2002, personal use. rayswchiu -- Phone: (852) 9258 6600 Email: rayswchiu@gmail.com ...

how to enter simple list and sum
using excel 2002 with an xp sp2 system how would I enter a simple list of positive and negative numbers and then create a cell with the sum of these values? if the list would look like this 0.58 -1.22 1.79 -0.56 -0.92 the output would look something like 0.58 0.58 -1.22 -0.64 1.79 1.15 -0.56 0.59 -0.92 -0.33 John In B1 enter =A1 In B2 enter =B1+A2 Copy down to B5 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 16 May 2007 06:34:13 +0300, "John" <johnj@multipl.es> wrote: >using excel 2002 with an xp sp2 system >how would I enter a simple list of positive and negative...

Replacing a value with symbol.
Hi everyone, I wondered if there was a way to replace a value generated by a formul in a cell with a symbol or an image, or even to automatically change th color of the value in the cell. To give you a better idea: I want to calculate the change between to sets of values as percentage and then replace the actual value eg. 10% with a symbol t denote a positive or negative change (maybe an arrows up and down). Firstly, is this at all possible? Any help with this would be much appreciated, or if you have a bette idea on how I could present this I would love to hear it too. Regards, Mr Cli...

Resource Units for Tasks entered in PWA differs than tasks entered in Project 2007
Hello, I have an ePM user asking why if he enters a project task in PWA does it not check the resource max units allocation the same way as when he enters a task in Project Professional. For example: You have a project where resource A is 50% allocated. When you create a task in Project Professional for this resource, the resource allocation is set to 50%. Create a task under the same project in PWA, submit and approve the task. Open project professional and view the task information for the task entered in PWA, why is the resource allocation set to 100% instead of 50% set for th...

Enter formula by code.
Hi All can anyone help. I cant seem to get this to work. I keep getting run time error 1004 application or object defined error. Public Sub TLIdentify() finalrow = Worksheets("INV Bookings").Range("B65536").End(xlUp).Row Worksheets("INV Bookings").Range("AV26:AV" & finalrow).FormulaR1C1 = "=IF(OR(RC[-38]>0,RC[-32]>0,RC[-26]>0,RC[-20]>0,RC[-14]>0,RC[-8]>0,RC[-2]>0),VLOOKUP(RC4,'Team Summary'!R4C3:R16C4,2,0),"")" End Sub -- Regards and Thanks for any assistance. Francis Brown...

IF Function with Text values
Hi, I can't seem to get the IF formula to work with my spreadsheet. I have two colums one with user login the other with surname and i need to pick the surname out of the user login and i can't get the IF true or false to pick out the surnames, any help very much appriciated. Hi use something like =VLOOKUP("user_id",A1:B100,2,0) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany .. wrote: > Hi, I can't seem to get the IF formula to work with my spreadsheet. I > have two colums one with user login the other with surname and i need > to pick the surname out of the u...

Auto Protecting cells & auto filling date
I wonder if anyone can tell me if it is possible to auto proect cells after data has been entered? Basically I have a spreadsheet that has two levels of protection - some cells are password protected and others available for all to enter data into. What I would like to achieve is once data has been entered into a row in the editable area that row becomes part of the password protected area automatically. Also is it possible to use the NOW (or similar) function to populate one cell with a date when another is filled? Ie a log entry is made in column B. When some data is entered into colum...

Entering a dollar amount w/out having to enter the decimal
What is the formula to have Excel automatically enter the decimal so all I have to enter is the numbers? It's one of the options you can specify. In Excel 2007, it's: Excel Options...>Advanced>Automatically insert a decimal point Regards, Fred "Julieanne" <Julieanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3AABE398-3B77-4ACD-8938-05ED7F5CC58E@microsoft.com... > What is the formula to have Excel automatically enter the decimal so all I > have to enter is the numbers? ...

Sum of all combinations
I have 7 categories, each category has 5 possible scores. I want to calculate the sum of each possible combination. Is there a way to do this in Excel? My grid looks like this: JobKnowl 15 12 9 6 3 CallAcc 15 12 9 6 3 CallQual 15 12 9 6 3 JobAcc 5 4 3 2 1 IPSkill 10 8 6 4 2 Attend 20 16 12 8 4 Punct 20 16 12 8 4 "cursednomore" wrote: > I have 7 categories, each category has 5 possible scores. > I want to calculate the sum of each possible combination. > Is there a way to do this in Excel? I would write a VBA subroutine. But .... > My grid looks like this: > JobK...

count number of cells
What is the formula to count the number of cells that start with a particular character? What I really want to do is count how the number of cells in a column that start with a through e. I have tried several things but can't quite come up with the magic formula. thanks for your help. =COUNTIF(A1:A20,"A*")+COUNTIF(A1:A20,"B*")+COUNTIF(A1:A20,"C*")+COUNTIF(A1:A20,"D*")+COUNTIF(A1:A20,"E*") -- David Biddulph "tagout" <tagout@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2B624B5C-E73A-4481-A3E7-C9207F72DAB...

entering time #2
hello all.. wondering if there is any way to do this... I have a column formatted for time as in this format 12:00 when entering a time it is cumbersome to have to enter the hour, then a colon, then the minutes. Is it possilbe to simply enter a 4 digit number such as 1245 and have it show up as 12:45 ?? thanks so much... I've found this group to be irreplaceable... glen in orlando Enter your times without colons in column A and put this formula in column B =(A1-RIGHT(A1,2))/2400+RIGHT(A1,2)/(24*60) and format column B for "Time" in the form you want it. Tod "Glen i...

How to connect existing calendar/contacts to new Outlook profile
My old Outlook profile was from Outlook 2002 (which has a limit to the size of the data file, which I was exceeding). When I exceeded the limit it would not allow me to send/receive email. Now I have Outlook 2003, but I was having the same problem. So I created a new profile & imported the data from my old pst file. However, it did not bring over my contacts or calendar items. How can I get these into my new profile? I can see them in my Outlook if I also open my old pst data file, but when I try to sync my cell phone, it syncs the new calendar/contacts which is empty. Altern...

"#VALUE!" Cell Value
Some of my cells are turning up the value "#VALUE!" in the cells. I have duplicated the problem that I am having. A test worksheet. I am using data in one work sheet, but, two table areas. The second table is reliant of some data from the first table. The intersecting result in the first table turns currency amounts, which is what I want. When data from the first table is left blank the intersecting data in the second table turns up "#VALUE!". This of course is an ambiguous result that does not have a purposed result. If you feel you are able to assist with...

How do I stop dates from being entered everytime I enter a number
Everytime I enter data in a box (ex: ages 5-9) I then press enter to go to the next cell and it automatically puts in may 9 . I have tried putting in general in formatting cells and it still does it. can someone help before I shoot this pc out the window? I am making a population pyramid with males and females and their ages. Thanks, Kicking and Screaming You can precede your entry with a single quote... '5-9 ....or format your cells as 'Text'. Hope this helps! In article <64AE5219-035D-46E3-9488-5D01F6B012FA@microsoft.com>, Kicking and Screaming <Kicking and...

Average non-adjacent cells if the cell does not contain zero
I have a spread sheet with data in non-adjacent cells. I would like to average the data in the cells only if the cell does not contain a zero. How would I do this? Your help is greatly appreciated!!! Cheri Hello - This formula will work, assume your values are in the range A1:A1000: =AVERAGE(IF(A1:A1000<>0,A1:A1000,"")) This is an array formula so enter it in using ctrl+shift+enter. -- Regards, Dave "Cheri" wrote: > I have a spread sheet with data in non-adjacent cells. I would like to > average the data in the cells only if the cell does not co...

Entering data
Please help me enter data into cells that seem to be locked. In article <15a201c43e09$dbea4e10$3501280a@phx.gbl>, "Alicia Contreras" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Please help me enter data into cells that seem to be > locked. Hi Alicia, try: Tools > Protect > Unprotect Hope this helps! ...

Lookup value, but between dates
I am needing some help on this situation. I have the data structured in this way: A B C Res ID Cost Activity Date 1 1234 $20 1/1/2010 2 1234 $25 1/20/2010 3 7432 $15 2/2/2010 4 2574 $45 10/1/2009 5 7432 $65 1/2/2010 It shows by resource (Col A), Hourly Cost (Col B), and Activity date (Col C). Then I have a second sheet, with this format: A B C Res ID Cost Effective Date 1 1234 $15 12/30/2009 2 1234 $18 1/18/2010 3 7432 $12 1/31/2010 4 2574 $43 9/29/2009 5 7432 $67 12/31/2009 Same format, but it shows the standard cost. Effective Date represe...

Locking cell formula's
I have over 100 cells which are linked to another worksheet. I want to change the formulas so that instead of reading ...A1 they will read ...$A$1. However to change this individually will take ages and Edit Replace is also too long. Any idea how I can do this quickly? Thanks Luke Luke You would need VBA to make global changes to cell references. Here are four........ Sub Absolute() Dim cell As Range For Each cell In Selection If cell.HasFormula Then cell.Formula = Application.ConvertFormula(cell.Formula, _ xlA1, xlA1, xlAbsolute) End If Next End Sub Sub Ab...

Create a new sheet for all Unique values
Hi, I have some code that I got off of Ron DeBruin's site for Creating a new sheet for all unique values. It works great but it puts the header at the top of each new sheet. Is there a way to modify this code to make it so it does not add a header at the top of each new sheet? I'm just looking to put the raw data on each new sheet. Any help is appreciated. Sub Copy_With_AdvancedFilter_To_Worksheets() Dim CalcMode As Long Dim ws1 As Worksheet Dim WSNew As Worksheet Dim rng As Range Dim cell As Range Dim Lrow As Long Set ws1 = Sheets("Sheet1") &...