how to do global replace in hyperlinks for entire excel document?

had file restored and hyperlinks point to resotre location instead of
original location - is there a way to make the change to redirect to original
location for all links?
0
AKennedy (1)

Hi

AFAIK you'll need to use a macro for this, if you'ld like to type out a
couple of examples of the new hyperlinnk references and the old hyperlink
references we might be able to come up with something.

Cheers
JulieD

"AKennedy" <AKennedy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> had file restored and hyperlinks point to resotre location instead of
> original location - is there a way to make the change to redirect to
> original
> location for all links?

0
JulieD1 (2295)
3/19/2005 2:15:55 PM
Just to add to JulieD's response:

Take a look at David McRitchie's site:
look for:
Fix Hyperlinks       (#FixHyperlinks)

--

Dave Peterson
0

Inconsistency between global catalog in root and global catalog in child domains
Hi, I have a very strange problem in my AD. It seems that there is an inconsistence between global catalog in the root domain and global catalog in the child domains. Global catalog on all root domain controllers are identical. Global catalog on all child domain controllers are identical. However (at least) one orphaned object exist in the global catalog on the child DC's, but not in global catalog on the root DC's. The object is not accessible through adsiedit, ldp, etc. and thus we cannot delete it. Does anybody have a good idea on how to get this object deleted. How the inco...

HOW TO USE HYPERLINK within a droplist?

Worksheet Crashing Excel
I know that this is going to be rather generic, but I have a macro enabled file that I created in excel 2007 (saved in 2003 format) that works great, but when I try to close the file, it ALWAYS asks if I want to save the changes (even if I JUST saved) and then whether I choose to save or not, it crashes excel. I know that you don't know what my code is, but is anyone aware of this happening, or a good place to start looking in my code to fix errors? I would have no problem posting code if needed... I am frustrated and lost... Thanks in advance for any help! Hi Shane, ...

Catching global keystrokes
Hello. I need my program to react to some key combination no matter if the program's window is active or not. How can this be done? Depends on the details of the key combinations as to what you have to do, precisely, but a WH_GETMESSAGE hook looking for WM_KEYDOWN, WM_SYSKEYDOWN or WM_CHAR is a start. Note if the key combination is Ctrl+Alt+Del, then it will never be possible. In Vista, you will not be able to get ALL keystrokes unless you are running as administrator. See my essay on hooks on my MVP Tips site. joe On Fri, 07 Nov 2008 09:42:52 +0300, Vladimir <thamiorsinister@...

No global address list when trying to send email through excel
In excel, you can send the spreadsheet as an attachment through emai (Outlook). When I try to do this, the global address list on th server doesn't show up, therefore the person I'm trying to send it t doesn't show up. The global address list is available because I ca save the spreadsheet and create a new email and insert it as a attachment...I would like to send the spreadsheet in an email throug excel (File, Send to, mail recipient (as attachment) because it' easier...How do I change the settings to look for the GAL on th server. There was some sort of wizard that walked ...

Export excel file to semicolon delimited text file
Hello all. We have the need to export a file from excel to a semicolon delimited text file. Is there a way to do this from Excel directly? If not, does anyone have any other suggestions? TIA for your help. If you change your regional settings to use the semicolon as your list separator, you can save as .csv and it should work. But this may affect other programs, too--since it's a windows setting. windows start button|settings|control panel|regional and language options| regional options tab|customize button near the bottom. On the other hand, if you don't want to fiddle with...

Etiquette for hyperlinks
Hi, could the powers that be please tell me what the etiquette is for inserting hyperlinks to external sites supplying answers to problems. If I see a soultion to a problem on another excel website (totally unconnected to myself), say http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datearith.htm is it ok with both the administrators and the website owner to put hyperlinks in posts. I just wondered if you should maybe only hyperlink to your own site. Thanks. -- greg7468 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ greg7468's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...

Can I insert links to Excel workbooks Publisher?
I am working on a newsletter that is a Publisher template and I have some Cash Summary and YTD totals in various Excel workbooks and I cannot figure out a way to insert them into the newsletter. The newsletter is sent to various divisions within my company, so I cannot hyperlink the workbooks because not everyone would be able to access them. Is there any way to do this for either Excel workbooks or Adobe documents? Thanks! ...

RE: Excel data exported to custom Outlook form
Greetings earthlings, I have an issue that I have been trying to resolve for sometime, I think I will provide the scenario and hope someone has an answer. Here it is. - I have Excel workbook called "users.xls" - I have a worksheet called "location" - I have a cell B10 in the worksheet who's contents I want to be exported to a textbox called "state" in a custom Outlook form called "RFCO" that resides in the personal forms library in Outlook. (this custom form is from an email template) - I then want to be able to email the form. How do I c...

global rule
I have a program that tags the subject line of all emails that it thinks is spam. Instead of delivering that message to the recipient I would like to create a rule to deliver it to one large spam mailbox. Is there a way to do this? I am running exchange 2003. ...

Excel: Subscript shortcut
Can I create a keyboard shortcut that will apply subscript formatting to selected text in Excel? Hi Maniba, By typing extra characters you might be able to do what you want with autocorrect. Make sure is not something you would actually type for something else. You could use a macro to change them after entry, you would use superscripts but here is a a solution by David Hagar for subscripts., programming, 2002-01-22 http://google.com/groups?selm=uDg8ZVuoBHA.2284%40tkmsftngp05 --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps....

serial number formula for excell sheet
hi, when im making to much rows data like more than 30 thousand, i want to put the serial number by puting formula and it put serial number with out scroll or copy system. plz help if u got it. thanks Place this in the startcell, say in A2: =ROWS($1:1) Then just drag A2 down all the way Or just double click on A2's fill handle (if the adjacent col is filled) voila? clap it, click the YES button below -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 Downloads:25,000 Files:300 Subscribers:70 xdemechanik --- "Rizwan" wrote: > when im making to much rows data like m...

Preventing auto-formatting when Replacing
Say I have a cell that contains LED2/14 The cell is formatted as Text. If I use Ctrl-H to replace LED with nothing, Excel insists on reformatting the remaining 2/14 as a date (i.e. 14-Feb). Is there any way to prevent this infuriating behavior? Thanks, Frank How about: Edit|Replace LED with ' (apostrophe) Frank Marousek wrote: > > Say I have a cell that contains > > LED2/14 > > The cell is formatted as Text. > > If I use Ctrl-H to replace LED with nothing, Excel insists on reformatting > the remaining 2/14 as a date (i.e. 14-Feb). Is there any way to...

Global Footer Options?
Hi there: Does anyone know if there is a global default option in Excel to ALWAY create footers with the pathname and docname for ALL worksheets? I.E. know there is the solution to create the pathname in eac footer/worksheet, but I want to set this feature as a global defaul for any worksheet I work on. Hope springs eternal : -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi you can create a new template (*.xlt) file including this option. Place this in your template folder and choose this template for your new workbooks -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hi there: > D...

Excel error message not understood
Has anyone ever gotten the error message "Too many different formats"? If so, what exactly does it mean and what can a user do about it? The following MSKB article has information on the error message: XL: Error Message: Too Many Different Cell Formats http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=213904 Jimbo wrote: > Has anyone ever gotten the error message "Too many > different formats"? If so, what exactly does it mean and > what can a user do about it? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

reading data from Excel Sheet
hi, i want to read the data from the Excel sheet using vc++6.0. How can i read it. i don't want to create any DSN thank you, regards, koti You can use the Excel.Application com object -- Satish "Koti" wrote: > hi, > > i want to read the data from the Excel sheet using vc++6.0. How can i > read it. i don't want to create any DSN > > thank you, > > regards, > koti > > > ...

Pasting a value as an hyperlink
I have imported a list from a database of file paths to documents on our server, these data is currently formatted as 'General' Is there anyway of converting that value into a hyperlink to the said documents? If your list is the complete path and file name, then in an adjacent column you could just do: =3DHYPERLINK(A1) and copy this down. If you wish to you could fix the values and then you would not need column A. Hope this helps. Pete On Apr 20, 4:14=A0pm, The Rook <TheR...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have imported a list from a data...

Global Function
I'm using the following code to set the Datasheet Font on a Split Form using AC 2007. Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) Me.DatasheetFontName = "Arial" End Sub I would like to use a global function so I might call the same function from all my forms, but I haven't had much luck. I tried the following: Public Function SetDataSheetFont() Dim frm As Form Set frm = Screen.ActiveForm frm.DatasheetFontName = "Arial" End Function I get no errors but nothing happens when calling this in the OnOpen of a form. Any help will be appreciated, Ja...

What is an excel template?
What is an excel template and what makes it different from normal workbooks? As an example, you may design an empty inovice in a spreadsheet. You design it, get all the formulae working, get it to autonumber on opening, or every time you print an invoice, and to clean out the info - transfer to a detail listing of invoices, or save the invoice as another name, etc. You want to use this to do your inovicing, If you save this as an XLA, you will always use this sheet to do invoicing, but you will never save it as an invoice, and botch up all the work you have done "cssniper"...

how do I scan a document and save it to a JPEG format.
I am try to scan a document to upload to a web site. I have ms publisher,word xp and acrobat reader.They tell me that I need to save it to JPEG format. How do I do that Publisher isn't really the tool to do this in. What software came with = your scanner? It's musta came with some basic image thingie...most do. "carole" <carole@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:0FA226DD-CF51-46FE-B308-49C77C89A506@microsoft.com... | I am try to scan a document to upload to a web site. I have ms = publisher,word=20 | xp and acrobat reader.They tell me that I need t...

outlook 2002, hyperlinks in e-mail
When I receive a hyperlink in an e-mail message and clicked the link, I would get the message "Locate Link Browser". I saw a fix in this newsgroup to link it with "IEXPLORER.EXE" Well, I hit the wrong damn button and now all I get is an error showing windows explorer and "mark Conner" does not exist!!!! I'm using windows XP. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did the same thing. Anybody know how to fix this? ...

Why does Excel 2000 stop working after installing Crystal Reports.
I installed Seagate Crystal Reports 9.0 to a user's laptop. The Crystal Reports works fine, as well as all other MS Office applications, except Excel 2000. A memory address error pops up when attempting to start Excel? Can anyone help? ...

When opening Excel file box does not open at biginning of list
When I do hit file open the box opens in the middle of the list. I would like to open at the beginning of the list. After opening the list, press the 'home' key, which should take you t the top of the list Regards Mik -- Mikeopol ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Mikeopolo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1857 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39497 ...

global object dependent on CWinApp global object
hi I have a global object which depends on the CWinApp global object i.e. it assumes that the CWinApp global object is created. After migrating to VS 2005, my global object is getting created before the CWinApp global object. Is there any way I can force the CWinApp object to be created first? I know one of the solution is to avoid a global object and wrap it in a fuction, however a lot of files use this object directly, so I am trying to figure out if there is another way. Regards Chimanrao Chimanrao wrote: > hi > > I have a global object which depends on the CWinApp global...

Problem Exporting Count(*) to Excel
I have a report that has a grouping enabled and in the footer of the group I have a Text Box that is unbound with the control source set to =Count(*). I also have another unbound Text box that has its control source set to =Sum([Field]). Both of these show the correct information when I preview the report and print it out, but when I export the report to Excel only the Text Box with the SUM function is exported. Any ideas on this behavior? I also tried to add these to the Report Footer with the same results. ...