How to direct user to enter certain cells from drop down list?

How do i direct the user to enter certain cells after a certain data
from a drop down list is chosen?

I want to make it such that unless the respective option in the drop
down list is chosen, the user cannot enter in the corresponding cells.

Thank you.

this might be easier to do using VBA, via textboxes versus cells. i
this an option for you? if so, i could show yo

Plain Text Direction
I have purchased Notebook with Vista from Dubai. My language set is as English and Keyboard US ( Vista Home Regional Langague setting ). In office 2007, I have set langague as ENGLISH USA. In microsoft Outlook 2007, I am expereincing unique problem. All incoming mails in PLAIN TEXT which include emails, read receipt and delivery reports are appearing in Right to Left Direction. Repeat in PLAIN TEXT FORMAT. There is no problem in HTML and Rich Text Messages. I want to set text direction as LEFT TO RIGHT as defualt for PLAIN TEXT MSGES. In Option, I could not find tab for LEFT TO RI...

ING Direct #3
Thinking about opening an account here. Will it link to my Money file? Thanks for your reply. (I'm not at my home computer or I would check it out myself) Scott ING Direct no longer links allowing you to connect and update from within Money. To update you have to go into the ING Direct Web site and download your transactions to Money. On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 08:46:32 -0700, "Scott W" <ScottW2000xx@Yahoo.com> wrote: >Thinking about opening an account here. Will it link to my Money file? >Thanks for your reply. >(I'm not at my home computer or I would check it...

Opening another user mailbox
I am trying to setup outlook to open another user mailbox in addition to my own. In the Outlook I do this: Tools->Options->Mail Setup->Email accounts->View or Change->Change->More settings->Advanced->Open these additional mailboxes->Add The problem is if the user is not in the GAL - I cannot perform this operation. As soon as I uncheck "Hide from GAL" in the user properties I can open his mailbox. I need to hide user from GAL but still get access to his mailbox. How can I do it? ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet...

Void PR Direct Deposit Payment
We are trying to void a payroll direct deposit. We select the checkbook ID but are unable to bring up the DD number to void. We try to select by Employee ID, Check Number and Audit Trail code but we get "There are no checks in this range to void for this Checkbook ID and year". The check date is in the current year (2008). The check/DD number is not a duplicate number and it has not been reconciled in the checkbook. The number does exist in both the PR Check and Transaction tables. Why can't we see it in the Void Payroll Checks window? You can't have a duplicate c...

how do format using bullets in a cell in excel?
I am trying to format a list using bullets in one cell in an excel spreadsheet. Can somone please provide some suggestions on how to do this? I have tried copying and pasting from Word, and that doesn't work either. I just had to do this today. Here is what I did and it looked pretty good Format the first character of your text as Wingdings, and type the CAP L, that is a round bullet charater, then reformat to the font you wish to use and type away. "olliesf" wrote: > I am trying to format a list using bullets in one cell in an excel > spreadsheet. Can somone pleas...

Multi-User Access to Data in Outlook
In the office where I work, we manually track data that comes in via fax and email on a hand-written log. Does anybody know how to place that log into MS Outlook so that everyone in the office can access the data. Currently, if a client calls for the status on a particular file, who ever answers the call must track down the log book. If the information was somehow available in Outlook, then all they would have to do was open the folder and check the status. Any ideas? Wolfman566 <Wolfman566@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In the office where I work, we manually track data t...

Old Users in a single mailbox
Hi all, I have had a request to forward all emails directed to old employees to a single central folder that could be administered easily.. i am thinking this is possible with exchange, but dont know how to achieve it. I imagine i should have to create a new mailbox that admins can add to their Outlook folder list, and then somehow make a list of all incoming email to the server to certian addresses to be forwarded here.. any ideas guys? thanks! Add all the email aliases to a single mailbox. Not very elegant but it should work. Nue "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.c...

Speed Search in pick list by typing only first few letters
Is there any facility to pick from the list by typing only first few words (2 or 3) and the curser goes to the matched or nearby entry in the list arranged alphabetically ? This is similar to locating our topic in the Help index. In the pick list feature, I have to manually move the curser to the desire entry. If the list is long, it is not practicable to scroll down the list. -- Shrikant A combobox from the control toolbox toolbar has this ability. Shrikant wrote: > > Is there any facility to pick from the list by typing only first few words (2 > or 3) and the curser goes to ...

Edit directly in Cells
I am having intermittent (daily) problems with 'Editing Directly in Cells'. After hitting the [F2] key to edit data in a cell, the edit bar cursor shows in the cell correctly. But, when I use the arrow keys in jumps to the next cell to the left as if I hit [Shift][Tab]. I do have the 'Edit Directly in Cells' checked in Options-Edit. Turning it off and on does not make any difference. I must use the mouse to select the text to edit. We tend to input some status language at the end of the task name, so this would be a productivity impact. I have researched the we...

nth cell in the range
Within a VBA Module, I would like to set the ith component of my array A(1 to N) to be equal to the 100*(nth cell in a column in excel). How can I do this within a loop? ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software! http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-software-categories.htm ** Hi try something like the following sub foo() dim c_values(1 to 100) dim i for i = 1 to 100 c_values(i)=activesheet.cells(i*100,"A").value next end sub >-----Original Message----- >Within a VBA Module, I would like to set the ith component of my array >...

add a drop down calander to excel sheet
Excel 2002 I need to format a sheet with several hundred employees, be able to send this sheet to a supervisor, have him record wages to be paid by date and mileage reimbursement, with a month total due employee. Have hime send it back to me and be able to print a sheet for each employee with the totals listed by date that tehn becomes a voucher for payment. Thanks So what are you looking for? The subject makes reference to a drop down calendar for XL. If that's what you're looking for try this site, I use this and and it works great: http://www.fontstuff.com/vba/vbatut07.htm...

Unable to login as any users with the exception of "SA"(Enterprise
Hello, I cannot login as any users accept with the exception of "sa". We just installed GP 7.0 enterprise on a windows 2003 server and everything appears to be running fine. As the SA login, Im accessing all the normal GL, AP, Purchasing screens fine. I created multiplie users within GP and that worked fine as well. When I sucessfully installed the client on client PCs, I do not see the GP server under anything except for SA. I can ping it fine but cannot see the servers under any login. Please help!?! Thank you in advance. David ...

public calendar share view incorrect for one user
Have a problem where one client has a few extra items showing on his view of the public calendar that several of the users are using. I would like some pointers as to where to begin looking to see if I can determine why this view is only different for the one user. He is accessing the Exchange server via a vpn connection and using Outlook 2007. I was wondering if it has something to do with his profile on the server or if there is an incorrect copy of the public calendar being cached on his machine ? thanks in advance ...

Managing Lists #2
Thanks for your help guys. For future reference i applied the firs solution and it worked perfectly. Many thank -- iwilki ----------------------------------------------------------------------- iwilkin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1607 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27526 Glad to hear that ! Thanks for the feedback (from us) -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Please respond in thread xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "iwilkin" <iwilkin.1f8sda@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:...

New Windows 2003 User can not get Exchange 5.5 Public Folder
To whom ever: I have been testing an Outlook addin and we had to test some functions for a mobile user. The administrator created a new user on the Windows 2003 Domain. This user was never on our Exchange 5.5 email server and was never in the old NT domain. The user can access all folders on the Exchange 2003 Server but is unable to access the company calendar that is still on the Exchange 5.5 server. It appears to me to be some sort of authority issue but am not sure whee to start? Any suggestions? Thank you in advance DW Gard ...

Summing up user defined results

Free "Direct Connect"
Are there any national / large / mid atlantic based banks out there that offer free Money direct connect access - even with a blanace or other requirement? I have read that BoA offers this - but when I call I am told that all levels of accounts must pay for Direct Connect, same with Suntrust and Chevy Chase (the 3 most prevelant banks in my area). Problems since the server update have left me with a near useless Money, direct connect will probably skirt many of the issues but I would rather not pay for it (especially at 10$ or so a month) Jason In microsoft.public.money, jb1677@gmail.com ...

public lists
is ther a way to block outside (spammers) to send to group lists? Hi Mike, If you are running Exchange 5.5 only, then you could remove the SMTP Address from the Groups and nobody outside of your Exchange Organization would be able to send to them. If you are using Exchange 2000, then you could create a new Recipient Policy that only applies to distribution groups. You could then set it to give the distribution groups an email address of alias@domain.local instead of alias@domain.com. This will prevent anyone from outside from emailing those aliases. -- Thanks, James Burrage This posting...

keeping one cell constant
if the formula is A1*A2 on the first row and for each other row i want B2, C2 etc to always be multiplied by A1 how can i do this. At the moment if i copy the formula from 1 row to the next it doesnt how the first as the constant. pls let me know the formula i need to use Try this: =$A$1*A2 And then look up the difference between relative and absolute cell references in the Help files. -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! ------------------------------------...

Add exchange user
Hello Can anyone help with this problem. Reciently the exchange mailbox store databases crashed and I have replaced it with a new mail box store. However one client do not want to reconnect the user mailbox. When I try to add the user it tells me the operation failed. Thanks If I were you, I would ask this in the Exchange newsgroup: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/newsgroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.exchange.admin -- Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "Zakaria" wrot...

Deleting User Accounts
When a user account is deleted in the application of DYN GP, does the database account need to remain in the database or can it be deleted? If it needs to remain on the database, can the rights be changed to a db_reader instead of db_writer? For GP versions 9.0 and later, deleting the user in GP should also delete the SQL user. For earlier versions, it's possible to delete one without the other depending on your settings. In either case though, nothing in GP needs the SQL user to remain there, so unless you have some reporting or other products using that SQL login, you can dele...

Use cell value as cell address
Hello everyone. I have a worksheet "Main" of 39,000 rows in which column B contains a number between 1 and 7,500. Column C is an empty column I have added. The second sheet, "Names" in the book contains a single column - A - of 7,500 names. I want to get the value from the second sheet that matches the number column of the first sheet. In other words, if "Main" cell B3 contains 3780, I want to put the value from "Names" cell A3780 into "Main" C3. How do I do this please? Richard --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi tr...

Cell Colour
Hi there, I work at an engineering firm and a question has been posed. I was wondering if the NUMBER siting in a cell can influence the COLOU of the cell. I ask this because there is a spreadsheet of various readings, an certain readings (i.e. too low) means 'danger', so id like that cell t turn out RED. However if the value is 'safe' id like the cell colour t be GREEN. Your help would be much appreciated. Cheers -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You can use Conditional formatting. Select the cell. Select Conditional formatting from Format menu. Select '...

DIRECT X
C'mon, someone must be using DirectX under Visual C++ ? PLEASE What header files do I need to include when using direct show ? How do I get the examples in the DX9 sdk to run in MFC environment ? Specific example : Project "AmCap", what do I need to do to transfer the files SampleCSG.c / .h into my own MFC app ? 1) Exactly which header files do I need ? (presumabley they are different in MFC as compared to straight WIN32???) 2) What libraries do I need to include in the project? In desperation I even went as far as cutting and pasting the .LIB list from the AmCap example - so ...

How to evoke a macro from a cell condition?
I would like to run a macro automatically bqased upon a change in a particular cell's condition. As an example: Cell A1 contains the following formula: =if(b2>b4,"Sell",0) If A1 = "Sell", I would like to automatically run a macro. Is this possible? If not, can I automatically run a macro from a formula? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Paul You cannot run a macro from a function, but you can run code on a change in a cell, but you would need to test B2 and B4 here, A1 will not trigger a change Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal target As Range) Dim i...