How to create and use xlw file? Help!

Hi,

I had a huge file with numerous links.  It can not even auto-calculat
the formulas once I made a change.  I guess it is just too large.
Anyway,  I posted a message on another forum and someone suggested t
use xlw file so that when I open the xlw file I will open several file
linked to xlw file at the same time.  And that may do help.

I don't have any idea about creating and using xlw file.  Anyone know
details about it? Pls. help

Start by looking at

        Save a group of workbooks in a customized workspace

in XL Help.

In article <JJZ.12kmo5@excelforum-nospam.com>,
 JJZ <<JJZ.12kmo5@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote:

> I had a huge file with numerous links.  It can not even auto-calculate
> the formulas once I made a change.  I guess it is just too large.
> Anyway,  I posted a message on another forum and someone suggested to
> use xlw file so that when I open the xlw file I will open several files
> linked to xlw file at the same time.  And that may do help.
>
> I don't have any idea about creating and using xlw file.  Anyone knows
> details about it? Pls. help!
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
3/4/2004 2:11:56 AM
Got it! Thanks for your advice

create a roster

XLS file assocation issue
When I goto Associate a file type for a specific extension, it has it associated to Wordpad when it should be Excel. However, I am not able to change it as the "Always Use the selected program to open" is grayed out and I can't get it be selectable. How do I do it so I can associate the file type to always for Excel. Please advise. I wouldn't work with the associations to start. Instead, I'd let excel try to do it for me. Close Excel and Windows Start Button|Run excel /unregserver then Windows Start Button|Run excel /regserver The /unregserve...

Locating a downloaded file....
I am downloading a file from a website (Janome - sewing machine related) -- and it shows on the list of the downloads pop up window -- but I can't find it on my hard drive. How can I locate the file? It's not in the download folder. If I search for the file name - nothing comes up (I sure miss the old search process). I need to copy this file and move it to a flash drive -- in order to move it to an older laptop that no longer has Internet access - but runs my embroidery sewing machine. But I can't find the file. If I double click on the downloads pop-up -...

How do I include more Help options for really inexperienced users?
Things like on the forms (beside each label), how can i include a question mark symbol that, when the mouse hovers over it, shows the format needed for the data that should be input? e.g. contact number - 028 90 000000 You can easily do this with the Control Tip Text property. Open your form in design view and select the control which you want to show the format for. Open properties and go to the Other tab. Type in your example format in the Control Tip Text property. Steve santus@penn.com "laura" <laura@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57...

Task Create - Status

2007 pst files
I just installed the 2007 update of Office. Everything installed fine, however I can't open Outlook. The error message says there are errors in my Personal Folders.pst. and to use Scanpst.exe to repair it. I can't find the file. I did a search and also looked in the Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1033 folder - it's not there. How do I get the file and will this work with 2007? Thanks jan it should be located at following.. drive:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE12. -- Laura Rooke MVP - Mobile Devices wiersma7, you wrote on Wed, 13 Jun 2007 19:49:20 ...

using CList as a base class in an extension DLL
Hi all. I must be doing something wrong but cannot figure it out. I have a data class and a list class, in an extension DLL, declared like this: >#define DllExport __declspec (dllexport) >class DllExport CRate : public CObject { >public: > DECLARE_SERIAL (CRate) > CRate () { m_Rate = 0; } > CRate (const CRate &in) { *this = in; } > > const CRate& operator= (const CRate& in) > { m_Rate = in.m_Rate; m_Date = in.m_Date; return *this; } > > bool operator== (const CRate& in); > bool operator!= (const CRate& i...

Bug with cell merging in tables using Applescript

Using the highlighter
In the old Office programs you could highlight something in yellow (like you would with paper & highlighter). I'm using Excel 2003 and I can't find that option any where. Does Office still have this feature and where or how can I find it. I want to print a name & address list with some names highlighted. Please help! That was/is in Word, not Excel, AFAIK "Joan" <Joan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D37D9306-8502-4762-A858-4BC4B18C4CC6@microsoft.com... > In the old Office programs you could highlight something in yellow (like > you ...

Help! Trying to consolidate...
Okay, I have a spreadsheet with 52000 rows and 4 columns. In the first column, the same value is often listed. Example... No. Qty 302 18 0.87 15.66 302 5 0.87 4.35 302 10 0.87 8.7 303 11 0.7962 8.7582 303 20 0.7962 15.924 303 22 0.7962 17.5164 303 29 0.7962 23.0898 303 86 0.7962 68.4732 What I want to do is combine the No. and Qty columns, so that I only have one cell "303" but totalling the quanities listed. Can someone help? Have I made any sense? :) Thanks in advance - ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip....

Create external database

How to create pie chart with %

How to use PowerPoint template in my application
Hi all: I want to read some data from database then use PowerPoint template to create ppt file . How can I use this ? Thanks in advance ! Best regards . ...

Saving excelXP file to use on p.c with Excel 97?
Hi i need to save my files i create from my home computer using office Xp to my office p.c which is running office 97. I have tried it but everytime i save my file at work i geta message stating that the file was created on xp and some latest features may be missing. How i can save so i do not get this message or indeed if i can actually do it? Thanks in advance I don't think you can avoid the message - the important point would be to use features common to both - then you may get the message, but it would be of no consequence. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy Mena <etracing@netconnect...

when form created

Creating a Brochure

How to create Access macro shortcut

Quicken 2006 help
Hello, I just got Quicken Deluxe 2006 for Mac. It doesnt seem to have Vanguard as one of the financial institutions it can download from. Is this possible? Am I missing something?? If I am missing something please help. Monitoring my accounts from Vanguard is one of the main reasons i bought this thing. Thanks, Scott Maybe you should try news://alt.comp.software.financial.quicken? <scott.siegler@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1123297687.056063.20580@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > I just got Quicken Deluxe 2006 for Mac. It doesnt seem to have > Vanguard as one of the...

Creating an ad book