How to create a shortcut in Excel?

0
vcapko (1)

Hi Vova

To a macro?
To a sheet?
A shortcut on the desktop to a file?

Post back with more info and someone can help you

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1  XL2000-2003)

"Vova" <vcapko@gng.com.ua> wrote in message news:04c701c3cbbe$cc6a9e30$a501280a@phx.gbl...
> How to create a shortcut in Excel?

0
rondebruin (3789)
12/26/2003 2:59:19 PM
Vova wrote:

> How to create a shortcut in Excel?

One way (Excel 97):
  Insert >> Hyperlink

create a roster

A self Instruction Book On Excel 2003
I am trying to find a text book on excel 2003 that will show me how to use Excel and give me the data to put into the spread sheet. Some of the features I am looking for are, Amortization, Creating Macros and The function and Chart Wizard. If you could please include an ISBN# to locate the text to get me started on Excel 2003. John List of books at Debra Dalgleish's site. Some have CD's attached http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlbooks.html Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 2 Oct 2007 12:57:23 -0700, John <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to find ...

Task Create - Status

footer in excel #2
What is the easiest way to make a footer in excel that will print ON EVERY PAGE? EXCEL 2000 Page Setup Header/Footer Put your entry in Footer "LED1" <LED1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D226F524-7267-48D9-98AE-A1C768B6921E@microsoft.com... : What is the easiest way to make a footer in excel that will print ON EVERY : PAGE? EXCEL 2000 ...

ALT-TAB not working with excel 2000
My problem is, as in the subject, that pressing ALT-TAB to switch among the files opened in Excel 2000 doesn't work anymore. I tried to re-install withouth success. I can only use CTRL-TAB because you haven't multiple sessions running (as usual in Excel 2000) but only one task of Excel. So, it's impossible to use ALT-TAB. Unfortunately, CTRL-TAB isn't useful as ALT-TAB because you can't switch from the current worksheet and the last used but you have to pass cyclicly through the files opened... It seems to be related to the fact that the same worksheets had been opened...

Create external database

Excel Function Problem
Hi, Please consider me an excel newbie! I am trying to find out how to write a function that checks a 7 digit numerical string entered into cell i.e. 7030000 against 50 possible strings. (Im guessing this is a multiple IF statement thing). Once the condition is true it then takes the value from cell J7, adds it to the value in cell D7. The end result being that D7 now contains a value equal to its original value + J7. Any help given would be appreciatted Many Thanks --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You might look at the SumIF function. It will add values together if...

How to create pie chart with %

Backing up EXCEL
My EXCEL Files are (I think!) all in My Documents. I can back up My Documents to a CD, which includes EXCEL Files. But is there a better way to back up EXCEL? Red, If you mean the installed Excel program itself, you don't back that up, unless you back up pretty much the whole drive (so you get the registry, etc.) and restore it all too. Normally, if a program like Excel is lost, it's reinstalled from the original installation CD. It's unlikely that the Excel program has been installed in My Documents. Your Excel workbooks and templates should of course be backed up, to the...

excel with another reporting tool?
hi, I have only worked on vba macros where my input and output is both excel. Using macros most of the time it crashes and the end-user is then not comfortable with it. I wanted to go for a better solution. Not sure how go to about it. I was thinking of generating crystal reports. If i use crystal reports how is the format generated. I wanted to its feasibility study. Anyone who has done some work on this please go suggest. Will the end user have the authority to still edit the report. WIll it contain the formulas as we fianlly see in the excel. Please provide any infomartion that...

when form created

Can't open excel documents
When I try to open an excel doc is 'stalls' ... getting stuck on 'virus scan' dialouge at the bottom of the sheet. I can open excel w/o a file and save one, but when I try opening an existing one, Excel simply won't do it and I eventually have to contl.alt.del. it in order to continue. Any ideas? ...

Creating a Brochure

excel should make it easier to have a 1 to 1 plot area in chart
Sometimes I would like the plot area to have a 1 to 1 ratio, so each little square of the gridlines are a square. ie, the y- axis could be 10, the x- axis could be 10, so the plot area would be square, or the y- axis could go from -10 to 10, with the same x- axis, so the plot area would have twice the y- axis than the x- axis. I think the way microsoft has this place worded is misleading, cause it says "Post your suggestion." I don't mean to put anyone off. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most ...

How to create Access macro shortcut

Excel's Calculating Sequence
If I have a block of formulae , say, in A1:E10 and hit F9 is thare any particular sequence that the recalc is done ? e.g. by rows first and then columns etc. TIA Bill From the Help file: When are existing formulas recalculated? Excel recalculates those cells that are dependent on other cells that contain changed values. This type of calculation helps to avoid unnecessary calculations. Excel also calculates workbooks each time they are opened. Background calculation As calculation proceeds, you can choose commands or perform actions such as entering numbers or formulas. Excel tempor...

need opposite of MODE function in Excel
How do I find the number that occurs LEAST frequently in a range of numbers? This is the exact opposite of the MODE function, which finds the most common occurrence. For example, a column of numbers contains; 2 4 5 2 4 2 MODE will return "2" as the most commonj occurrence. I want to know that "5" is the least common occurence. Obviously, my column contains many more numbers so it's not easily to simply visualize and count them. Is there a way to do this in Excel? Thanks. Hi Kevin, You can do that with the Frequency function. data freq bins 2 0 1 ...

how do i turn on side by side in excel
i am comparing 2 large worksheets and i need to turn on the view side by side feature. it is currently grayed out Window>Compare side by side with is grayed out? If one or both of the workbooks are protected for structure and windows you cannot use the side by side feature. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 12:28:11 -0800, R Kaleta <R Kaleta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i am comparing 2 large worksheets and i need to turn on the view side by side >feature. it is currently grayed out ...

How to access Excel forum through Outlook Express
How does one access the Microsoft Excel forum through Outlook Express. Tools>accounts>add>news, your name, email (most use a bogus email to protect from spammers), then in step 3 under servers use msnews.microsoft.com then finish when you close it will download the different newsgroups and there you can select the excel groups you want to subscribe to. Most people that I know who have used newsgroups for a long time dislike OE since it is (albeit easy to use) rather limited as a newsreader -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Kenny Dee" <Kenny...