How to create a formula with multiple contraints and answers

Please help! :)
I need a formula that basically says this:
If cell C7 is less than 80%, then C8 equals 0%
If cell C7 is greater than or equal to 80%, but less than 90%, then C8
equals 75%
If cell C7 is greater than or equal to 90%, but less than 100%, then C8
equals 85%
If cell C7 is greater than or equal to 100%, but less than 125%, then C8
equals 100%
If cell C7 is greater than or equal to 125%, then C8 equals 140%

Any help would be appreciated!
0
torky1 (2)

One way:

=IF(C7>=125%,140%,IF(C7>=100%,100%,IF(C7>=90%,85%,IF(C7>=80%,75%,0))))

Regards

Trevor

"torky1" <torky1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Please help! :)
> I need a formula that basically says this:
> If cell C7 is less than 80%, then C8 equals 0%
> If cell C7 is greater than or equal to 80%, but less than 90%, then C8
> equals 75%
> If cell C7 is greater than or equal to 90%, but less than 100%, then C8
> equals 85%
> If cell C7 is greater than or equal to 100%, but less than 125%, then C8
> equals 100%
> If cell C7 is greater than or equal to 125%, then C8 equals 140%
>
> Any help would be appreciated!

0
Trevor9259 (673)
3/4/2005 11:48:31 PM
=vlookup(c7,{.00,.0;.80,.75;.90,.85;1.0,100;1.25,1.40},2)
You may want to check out:

Format the cell to display as Percent--do not type percent values into the
formula.

You can replace the values in curly brackets with cell references. I'm using
a USA setup, so commas represent the next cell in a row. Semicolons mean
start a new row. You'll see examples on the website I referenced.

tj

"torky1" wrote:

> Please help! :)
> I need a formula that basically says this:
> If cell C7 is less than 80%, then C8 equals 0%
> If cell C7 is greater than or equal to 80%, but less than 90%, then C8
> equals 75%
> If cell C7 is greater than or equal to 90%, but less than 100%, then C8
> equals 85%
> If cell C7 is greater than or equal to 100%, but less than 125%, then C8
> equals 100%
> If cell C7 is greater than or equal to 125%, then C8 equals 140%
>
> Any help would be appreciated!
0
tjtjjtjt (488)
3/4/2005 11:55:01 PM
This formula eliminates the need to create a table:

  =VLOOKUP(A1,{0,0;0.8,0.75;0.9,0.85;1,1;1.25,1.4},2)

But if you have a lot of these formulas, it would save time in the end to
create a table to use with VLOOKUP.

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 15:35:01 -0800, torky1 <torky1@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Please help! :)
>I need a formula that basically says this:
>If cell C7 is less than 80%, then C8 equals 0%
>If cell C7 is greater than or equal to 80%, but less than 90%, then C8
>equals 75%
>If cell C7 is greater than or equal to 90%, but less than 100%, then C8
>equals 85%
>If cell C7 is greater than or equal to 100%, but less than 125%, then C8
>equals 100%
>If cell C7 is greater than or equal to 125%, then C8 equals 140%
>
>Any help would be appreciated!

0
anonymous (74719)
3/4/2005 11:55:56 PM
Goodness, I'm full of typos tonight. in the 100 should be 1.0.
See Myrna's post for the same thing with no typo.

tj

"tjtjjtjt" wrote:

> =vlookup(c7,{.00,.0;.80,.75;.90,.85;1.0,100;1.25,1.40},2)
> You may want to check out:
> http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html
>
> Format the cell to display as Percent--do not type percent values into the
> formula.
>
> You can replace the values in curly brackets with cell references. I'm using
> a USA setup, so commas represent the next cell in a row. Semicolons mean
> start a new row. You'll see examples on the website I referenced.
>
> tj
>
> "torky1" wrote:
>
> > Please help! :)
> > I need a formula that basically says this:
> > If cell C7 is less than 80%, then C8 equals 0%
> > If cell C7 is greater than or equal to 80%, but less than 90%, then C8
> > equals 75%
> > If cell C7 is greater than or equal to 90%, but less than 100%, then C8
> > equals 85%
> > If cell C7 is greater than or equal to 100%, but less than 125%, then C8
> > equals 100%
> > If cell C7 is greater than or equal to 125%, then C8 equals 140%
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated!
0
tjtjjtjt (488)
3/5/2005 12:05:02 AM
That's exactly what I was looking for!  Thank you!  I was headed in the right
direction, but was haviing problems with the placement of the parentheses.

"Trevor Shuttleworth" wrote:

> One way:
>
> =IF(C7>=125%,140%,IF(C7>=100%,100%,IF(C7>=90%,85%,IF(C7>=80%,75%,0))))
>
> Regards
>
> Trevor
>

> "torky1" <torky1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Please help! :)
> > I need a formula that basically says this:
> > If cell C7 is less than 80%, then C8 equals 0%
> > If cell C7 is greater than or equal to 80%, but less than 90%, then C8
> > equals 75%
> > If cell C7 is greater than or equal to 90%, but less than 100%, then C8
> > equals 85%
> > If cell C7 is greater than or equal to 100%, but less than 125%, then C8
> > equals 100%
> > If cell C7 is greater than or equal to 125%, then C8 equals 140%
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated!

0
torky1 (2)
3/5/2005 5:49:03 AM
You're very welcome.  Thanks for the feedback; it's nice to know it works
for you.

Regards

> That's exactly what I was looking for!  Thank you!  I was headed in the
> right
> direction, but was haviing problems with the placement of the parentheses.
>
> "Trevor Shuttleworth" wrote:
>
>> One way:
>>
>> =IF(C7>=125%,140%,IF(C7>=100%,100%,IF(C7>=90%,85%,IF(C7>=80%,75%,0))))
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Trevor
>>

>> "torky1" <torky1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Please help! :)
>> > I need a formula that basically says this:
>> > If cell C7 is less than 80%, then C8 equals 0%
>> > If cell C7 is greater than or equal to 80%, but less than 90%, then C8
>> > equals 75%
>> > If cell C7 is greater than or equal to 90%, but less than 100%, then C8
>> > equals 85%
>> > If cell C7 is greater than or equal to 100%, but less than 125%, then
>> > C8
>> > equals 100%
>> > If cell C7 is greater than or equal to 125%, then C8 equals 140%
>> >
>> > Any help would be appreciated!

0
Trevor9259 (673)

How to stop "Undo" across multiple spreadsheets
When I am working between multiple separate worksheets, Undo will work backwards across all of the worsheets that I have open. How do I get the Undo function to work only on the worksheet that I am currently on? ...

create a roster

Is there a formula to show $5,000,000 as $5M?
I am looking for an easy way to convert $M values to eliminate the 6 zeros. Thanks. You could try something like this: =IF(RIGHT(A1,6)="000000",A1/1000000&"M",A1) unless someone has a better idea.... Sheila "ExcelHelp" wrote: > I am looking for an easy way to convert $M values to eliminate the 6 zeros. > > Thanks. Another option: =TEXT(A1,"$ #,, ""M""") Another option would be to keep the value in the cell, and use a similar Custom format. -- Dana DeLouis Win XP & Office 2003 "ExcelHelp" <...

Task Create - Status

Incorrect formula
Would appreciate help with my formula. I only want the 1 to be added to L28 and L29 if they have a value greater than 0. this formula produces 2 even if all the cells have nothing in them, but I need there to be nothing in the cell if no values are in any cells. If the value of every cell in the formula was 1 then my answer should be 14 but if cell L28 is 0 then the answer should be 12, and if neither L28 or L29 has a value then the answer should be 10, but because of the =1 in my formula I get an answer that is 12.(or 2 greater than I want if values are in other cells) Help appre...

Check to see if a formula is correct
I want to do something like this Sub Macro1() If Range("A1") =(=B1 + B2) Then ' This is a formula Exit Sub Else Range("C1").Select 'Has correct formula Selection.Copy Range("A1").Select Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlFormulas End If End Sub How do I do this? Hi Try Sub Macro1() If Range("A1").HasFormula Then Exit Sub Else Range("C1").Copy Range("A1").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlFormulas Application.CutCopyMode = False ...

Inserting rows with Data, Formula's and Validation
Hi all, I posted this twice earlier today, but it hasn't appeared so if it triple post please forgive! I have a spreadsheet that starting at row 18 contains the following information A18=M$2 B18= Datavalidation indirect ($M$2) C18=IF(B18="No More Options",VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info")),1,FALSE),IF(B19<2,VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info")),1,FALSE),CONCATENATE(B19," x ",VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info")),1,FALSE)))) E18=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info"))...

Splitting one table into multiple tables/tabs
Hi I was wondering if anyone can help me split a table into multiple tables or tabs. If I have a table of 20 customers with various transactions over time all in one table. I'd like to know if it's possible to seperate the table into multiple tables based on the change in customer number and have them broken into multiple tabs without manually creating each tab and then cut and pasting. I really appreciate any help! Thanks! ...

Create external database

Formula Bar Problem
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi- <br><br>I have been having trouble with my formula bar. I have gone to &quot;view&quot; and selected the &quot;formatting pallet&quot; and &quot;formula bar&quot; options, but still it does not appear. What else do I need to do to make it show up? ...

How to create pie chart with %

when form created

Formula Help Please #3
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0024_01C3EA1F.730C0840 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I want to add a new worksheet and need to copy the formulas from the old = one to the new one. How do I do this? Thanks Jim ------=_NextPart_000_0024_01C3EA1F.730C0840 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-T...

Creating a Brochure

How to create Access macro shortcut

Multiple tables output to multiple sheets in single excel workbook
Hi all, Been a while since I've done any access dev, and I can't for the life of me remember how to do this. I have 3 tables I need to export to Excel, preferably in one workbook as separate sheets. Using OutputTo simply overwrite the file, and I seem to recall using transfertext to accomplish this, but it says the file is read-only after the first table is output. Do I need to create an export spec? If so, how do I go about this? Or is this simply not going to happen without using the Office library reference and all that jazz? TIA, SusanV Thanks Tom - I'll give it a ...

Formula Modification
Folks: (IF(ISERROR(MATCH(B1,A:A,0)),"No Match","Match") Column A Column B Column C 25 50 No Match 30 30 Match 26 28 No Match 55 60 I am using the above formula to compare two columns (A and B) for overlapping (common) data then put the result ("Match" OR "No Match") in a third column. So far this formula has work...

Old emails not displayed (Multiple PC's using same inbox)
I have 2 machines running XP and Outlook 2000. Both mahcines are setup to using the same Exchange Server email account. When i open outlook in one machine all mail are visable is the inbox, and new mail is received correctly. But if i opne Outlook on the second machine my inbox is empty. Any new mails will appear quickly then disappear. I cannot get the second machine to display old emails. If I leave the first machine off, all new mail will stay in the second machines inbox, but if I open outlook on the second machine all mail disappears and is shown in the first machines inbox. A...