Marie78 (1)

excel resets charts SizeWithWindow and Zoom
I have a series of procedures which generate a lot of statistics and charts and set the charts' property .SizeWithWindow = False and the window magnification .Zoom = 100 Everything works fine and the charts are output as specified in the vba code. But after I close the workbooks and reopen them, excel has reset all the chart Views to Sized With Window (checked) and Zoom to 127%. Is there a way to prevent excel from resetting the View and Zoom properties? Thanks for any help or suggestions. ...

cube analysis add -in for excel and local cube
Hi Can we connect a local cube(.cub) file through the cube analysis add-in of excel? I got the error "Data source contains no visible tables" I have installed ptslite.exe and sql server 2005's analysis services ole db .msi and msxml6.msi. What else should i do? ...

excel start up #2
i have a working rota spreadsheet with dates in the columns and rota info below, how do i get it to show todays date info at start up With this file open and visible in the main Excel window, right-click on the little Excel file icon to the left of the File menu (assumes you are using xl2003) and choose View Code. Paste the following into the code area of the VBE that will open up: Private Sub Workbook_Open() Dim lngRow As Long With Sheets("Sheet1") ' amend sheet name as appropriate lngRow = Application.Match(CLng(Date), .Range("A:A")) 'amend column as ap...

Convert Numeric field to Date
Hello, I've seen similar questions to this but need some help/clarification. I have Access 2003 with linked tables to a DB2 database. The fields I am querying are numeric in this format 20070810 (yyyymmdd) What I am trying to do is display customer request date and actual ship date in mm/dd/yyyy format on one query. On another query I am trying to summarize item shipments by month. I know next to nothing about this. Any help with baby steps would be greatly appreciated. Probably easiest to convert the numeric value to a string, then convert to a date format for display. You say yo...

Excel error message #6
I have Office 2000 on my laptop with Windows XP. When I start, and again when I exit, Excel, I get an error message: "Microsoft Visual Basic Compile error in hidden module TBrun9" How do I correct this? David Look here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;272066 In article <1340701c3f712$da6bdd80$a601280a@phx.gbl>, "David" <macconsulting@prodigy.net> wrote: > I have Office 2000 on my laptop with Windows XP. > When I start, and again when I exit, Excel, I get an error > message: > "Microsoft Visual Basic > Compil...

HELP files not showing

The Windows Installer service cannot update one or more protected windows files
Ive decided to install the recovery console for XP home but whilst installing the .msi file I get an error "The Windows Installer service cannot update one or more protected windows files" The event viewer shows error 1933. I have run sfc /scannow but it has found nothing wrong, does anyone have any suggestions? -- AkumaC4 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ AkumaC4's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/214060.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-support/1332076.htm http://forums.techarena....

Excel 2007
Original post: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel/browse_thread/thread/23fa6398a8747c97/b01098814db13a95?lnk=gst&q=excel+2007+cut+off&safe=images# I'm having this exact same issue!! It's been driving me insane and the IT Help Desk people at my work are useless. Does anyone know anything about this??? I ended up figuring out that it only occurs when you change the font size of the text. Anything below or above the default 11, and it doesn't matter which font (I have tried default Calibri, Verdana, Arial and a few others). I have not tried chang...

no warning file in use
Hi. I've got a question about a shared Excel file stored on Windows 2000 server. This file is accessed by two different Windows XP end users running Excel 2002 on their machines. Recently these two different end users have been accessing the same shared Excel file simultaneously without the usual file lock or warning that the file is in use. Sometimes they get the warning, sometimes not. When they don't, they assume they have rights to save to the file, only to find later on that their changes were not saved. I'm having both check for updates so that their Microsoft s...

Can't find Outlook pst file anywhere
I have spent the whole day trying to find my .pst file. My computer crashed and I am trying to restore everything. All the files are on the harddisk. I have spent hours reading instructions on find the .pst file. I have done a search for *.pst on all my hard disk, making sure hidden files are searched and I have manually looked, repeatedly, in every possible folder the file may be in. The only issue I can see is that in 'Documents and Settings' there is an All Users folder, a Default User one, an Owner one and a My Name one, but the latter one is empty. The other three are not. I i...

Can't open Pub 2003 files in Pub 2007
Hi I've installed the 2007 Office Beta with the Technical Refresh. I am unable to open files created in Publisher 2003. BUT this only happens on one machine. Another machine with the same installation can open the files no problem. I've run the Office Diagnostics but all checked out ok. any suggestions? How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329820/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033...

why is outlook trying to open an executable file in locate link brower? #2
"Kyle Harmon" <kharmon3@nycap.rr.com> wrote in message news:... > In my MS Outlook 2002, every time I click on an url with-in my e-mail > outlook trys to open an executable file in the "Locate link brower". And > this only happens when I do not have a browers open. Is there a fix for > this? > > Thank You, > > Kyle Harmon > > > Navigate to your default browser's executible (iexplore.exe for Internet Explorer) and double click on it. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion in...

Excel Queries using Access data
Im trying to create a query from within Excel. When I select new database query and select a database which has no securtiy login/password, no problem, works fine. However, when I try to source the data from a database which I have created using user logins/passwords it says that I do not have admin privilages to use the database even though I am putting in the correct login/username in the popup window? Please can anyone help? I've had limited experience with this sort of thing but I've always had to strip out the protection on the Access Database and create a copy before suc...

Converting access tables to XML for use in .NET web app
I need to access tables in an .mdb file and convert them to XML for use in my ..NET 2.0 web application. Can anyone point me to any tutorials or references on how to accomplish this? (Note: I am using VB) Thanks! ...

new database file (mdb) created when an existing database is open
When I open an existing database and then close it a new mdb file is created in the same folder as the existing database. "salmosalar" <salmosalar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:233AC696-203C-4258-8EA6-755F5FD6877F@microsoft.com... > When I open an existing database and then close it a new mdb file is > created > in the same folder as the existing database. You probably have compact on close set as an option, and don't have sufficient privileges on the folder, or you are shutting down too quickly and not allowing enough time for the com...

Excel Formulas Not Updating
For some reason when I create a new sheet, my formulas do not get updated when I change the value of a cell that si used to calculate the formula (I have to double click on the formula and then I get the right value). This problem does not occur when I make changes to files that I get from other people Try Tools / Options / Calculation / Change to Automatic if on Manual Excel takes it's calculation status from that of the first file opened after launching Excel. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 00/02...

How do I link data from two different excell files?
I have two excell spreadsheets that need to be matched up and merge a certain field. Is there a statement that wou vlookup HTH, -- Gary Brown gary.DeleteThis2SendMeAnEmail.Brown@kinneson.com "twinclstar" wrote: > I have two excell spreadsheets that need to be matched up and merge a certain > field. Is there a statement that wou ...

Searching multiple excel documents
When searching for P.O. numbers in windows 2000 basic search command I enter the *.xls in the files or folders field, and i enter the P.O. number in the Containing text field but no xls documents show up. i've selected to search through all subdirectories and am positive the P.O. number is in a xls document, as i've cut and pasted it to test this. I've tried doing alpha numeric searches that are withing xls documents and this returns nothing aswell. doing a pure text search in all documents does return positive, so my search funtion does work for containting text. does wind...

Excel Formatting to look like Project
I was raised on Primavera Teamplay so project is somewhat new to me. I need to get updates on schedules from people designated as "project leads", I have listed these people in the "contact" column in Project. I can sort by that column than copy/paste to Excel....easy enough My problem is I would ideally like that "wbs structure" or I guess in project the "summary" task to remain formatted like it looks in project ... the indentions, bolding, etc. In Primavera this was fairly easy to do, by creating a report to export data to an ASCI file then import...

Converting Text months to sortable Numbers or Dates
I have a column with months as text (April, etc.). Trying to sort them in order, is there a way to convert them to dates or numbers in order to sort Hi Greg- No need to convert... Click in that column, then go to Data>Sort & click the Options button. Open the 'First key sort order' list and choose appropriately, the click OK in each box. HTH |:>) "Greg" wrote: > I have a column with months as text (April, etc.). Trying to sort them in > order, is there a way to convert them to dates or numbers in order to sort That works well when I have the months...

Excel 2007
The dynamic names I used to utilize in Excel 2003 to define the data range for charts in my worksheets don't work anymore, because excel modifies them upon saving the file : Filename.xls!DynamicNamedRange gets changed to [0]!DynamicNamedRange for all the chart series using this syntax. Is there another syntax I can use ? Any workaround ? If the data is in a Table (new XL2007 feature); the chart is automatically dynamic best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "jcollot" <jcollot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Insert PDF into Excel Cell?
I would like to do a MS Word mail merge using excel as the data source for a fax blast. However, I need to send a specific page to a specific fax number. I was thinking of setting up an excel document with [name, fax number, document] columns as the data source, and then merge with my word document. My concern is that each recipient get the correct (individualized) page, along with the cover sheet. Is is possible to embed a file (pdf or word) into an excel cell? That way, i could use the excel file to set up the merge (Name1, Fax Number1, Document 1; Name2, Fax Number,2 Document 2; Name3,...

EDI transfer to Excel
Is there a quick / Free way to transfer EDI data file into Excel ? Thanks http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=EDI+data+file+into+Excel&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=&aqi= Phil Wales wrote: > Is there a quick / Free way to transfer EDI data file into Excel ? > Thanks ...

I need to type numbers into an excel spreadsheet some of them begin with a zero some do not. How can I have excel show the 0 in the numbers that begin with 0. If I type 0236547 the number shows as 236547. I don't want all the numbers I type to begin with zero. I am using Excel 2003. Thanks very much for your help. Best regards, Dee use a custom format with how ever many digits you need, 000000 -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Dee" <Dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA60FC8A-C7CB-432A-B2B2-EEEBF86D2646@microsoft.com... >...

Possible to open word documents in Excel using hyperlinks?
Hi, I wondered whether it was possible to open office documents from within MS Excel using hyperlinks to the related files. The documents in question are MS Word format. Cheers Have you try it ? Ctrl-K Existing file ...... -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "DobieM" <DobieM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DFD72F1-0F21-4414-929D-4D9307997D68@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I wondered whether it was possible to open office documents from within MS > Excel using hyperlinks to the related files. The documents in question are MS > Wor...