How to convert amount in word format (Like 40.00 is Rs. Forty )

I want to convert a value of cell in word format,

Like i have a value in cell is 40000.00

(i want to convert it into Rs. Forty Thousand Only)

is there any formula in excel for this function

0
Dinesh1 (34)

See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html

--
 HTH

Bob Phillips

"Dinesh" <Dinesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I want to convert a value of cell in word format,
>
> Like i have a value in cell is 40000.00
>
> (i want to convert it into Rs. Forty Thousand Only)
>
> is there any formula in excel for this function

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
12/29/2005 11:13:20 AM
Yes, see:

How to Convert a Numeric Value into English Words
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q213360&

--
Gary's Student

"Dinesh" wrote:

> I want to convert a value of cell in word format,
>
> Like i have a value in cell is 40000.00
>
> (i want to convert it into Rs. Forty Thousand Only)
>
> is there any formula in excel for this function

0
GarysStudent (1572)

How to Convert UTC to localTIme(C# )

Format cells #7

Hyperlink behavior Word 2007: correct page but wrong part of page
I've searched a lot of place but have not even seen anyone else having this problem. Document is a multi-page Word 2007 form template with hyperlinks for navigation. In most cases clicking a hyperlink will take you to the correct page, and the top of the page displays. However on some pages, it either displays the bottom of the page and/or the top of the next page. Sometimes the cursor is in the first form field of the following page. With the template open, view field codes, show bookmarks and show text boundaries, I still can't see what might be causing this behavi...

Convert text to time value

how to convert date

CHm file format
Hello, I have seen your's reference on code project. I am new to CHM format and i need to create a CHM viewer. I have some queries regarding the same a) what is binary TOC and binary index ( I have been able to parse the HHc and HHk fie). How i should parse the same b) What are merged files. How i can read them c) How how CHI, CHw and CHQ files can be created. How reading of these files will be different form the reading CHM file. Please help me out by answering my queries. Thanks, Ritu ...

Excel: Auto converting text to numbers

Cell Formats (like StyleSheets)

How do I create the mirror image of any written word?
In any Word document, is there a method of creating a mirror image of any word therein? Your question would probably get a lot more help in a MS Word forum rather than this one (PowerPoint). WordArt and flipping would be one way, but without knowing the version you are using, it's hard to give much more help. When you repost in a more appropriate forum, give them some information about version and what it is exactly you are trying to accomplish. -- James Bart: "According to creationism, there were no cavemen." Homer: "Good riddance! Their drawings sucked ...

word 2007 won't reg key
newer dell computer with OEM vista home premium installed. unable to activate word using reg key stated on the computer. tried at least 10 times, but dialog box indicates error. did bypass activation & opened a few new word docs, but when i copied some old data files into word 2007 everything locked & unable to update. still using old computer & moving some data files to the new. able to get automatic window updates though. Thanks to Dell support, the number on the box was incorrect & had to use the number on the installation disk included in the package of i...

Built in excel 2007 formats via VBA
Does anyone know how to format a line using excel 2007 built in presets via vba, as the macro won't capture them? Thanks and regards, Mark To figure this out for yourself, see Case Study – Embedded and Linked Objects http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/vba/vba-embedded%20or%20linked%20objects.htm -- Tushar Mehta http://www.tushar-mehta.com Custom business solutions leveraging a multi-disciplinary approach In Excel 2007 double-click to format may not work; right click and select from the menu "mark Stephens" wrote: > Does anyone know how to format a line using excel 20...

Convert Access97 to 2000

Convert 2000 Calendar to web page

XML Note convert to DataSet

Format a concantated text string
Sorry if this is boring but I'm stuck. I have a cell that counts something, it also has a piece of text at the front of the count but I want the count to be formatted as currency and it won't. ="Major "&COUNTIF(C:C,"Major")*245 I've tried ="Major "& Format(COUNTIF(C:C,"Major")*245****) but I can't get it right and think it's a VBA command! Help please! Thanks Dean -- dkso@ntlworld.com http://www.dkso.co.uk/ http://homepage.ntlworld.com/dkso Thank you! Dean "Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretisca...

Convert

Problem converting from Quicken to M2005

Conditional formatting in Excel_Strange behaviour
Hi to everyone. I have a column in an Excel sheet , let’s say A1:A10 where A1:A10=1,2,3,4,5,6,0,ABC,9,10 and all the cells of A column have been declared as text. I would like to apply conditional formatting with multiple criteria as follows: 1) = not(isnumber(value(A1))) the cells to change in red color 2) = value(A1)=0 also the cells to change in red color (These conditions must be apply in all cells A1:A10) When apply these conditions separately it works fine and the cells 0, ABC become red at the same time. When apply these conditions in one line as follows: Or (value(A...

Auto Format
I am writing reference ranges in columns for lab tests and am having a problem. In the column i want to write: 10 - 20, but everytime i change to another column it changes to Oct 20. This is getting on my nerves. What do i do to prevent this? Format those cells as Text. Right click the cell or range of selected cells, select Format Cells, and then on the Number Tab, select Text. HTH "Richards" wrote: > I am writing reference ranges in columns for lab tests and am having a > problem. In the column i want to write: 10 - 20, but everytime i change to > another column...

My keyboard is locked up in a Word Document
I can't backspace or type any letters or numerals in a word document but the keyboard works fine in excel, etc. If this happens in new, blank documents, exit Word and rename the normal.dot file (normal.dotm if you are using Word 2007). To find the file, you can search for it in Windows; be sure to search hidden files and folders. If this happens with a particular document, only, it might be protected or possibly corrupt. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "SK Teacher" <SK Teacher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27CC9DD4-BE35-4E4C-B45...

Numbers converting to decimal

Controlling hyphenated words in columns.
Is there a way to set up linked columns so that words don't hyphenate? I have tried spacing, reducing font by a half point and adjusting the size of the column but it seems like a lot of work to set it up, then when printing sometimes the layout changes again. Tools, language, hyphenation. Or if you want the hyphenation turned off for this and all future publications, tools, options, edit tab. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "misskitty" <misskitty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...