how to combine multiple versions of single spreadsheet?

Well, the doomsday scenario has happened - two colleagues working on the
same spreadsheet fail to communicate. Each has updated a project tracking
sheet at the same time so we now have two new versions. Is there a way of
Excel combining the latest data out of each sheet?

To clarify:

Person X opens spreadsheet version A to update and creates version B
Person Y opens spreadsheet version A to update and creates version C

There is a lot of work entailed in updating the sheets but luckily persons X
and Y have their own projects so they do not update the same information.

Is there a way to combine B and C into a master version D containing all
updated information?

Thanks

Lee

0
me7986 (249)

"Lee" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> Well, the doomsday scenario has happened - two colleagues working on the
> same spreadsheet fail to communicate. Each has updated a project tracking
> sheet at the same time so we now have two new versions. Is there a way of
> Excel combining the latest data out of each sheet?
>
> To clarify:
>
> Person X opens spreadsheet version A to update and creates version B
> Person Y opens spreadsheet version A to update and creates version C
>
> There is a lot of work entailed in updating the sheets but luckily persons
> X and Y have their own projects so they do not update the same
> information.
>
> Is there a way to combine B and C into a master version D containing all
> updated information?
>
> Thanks
>
> Lee

This is for Excel 2003 by the way.

0
me7986 (249)

Multiple Exchange Servers
Is it possible to install ms-crm email router on more then one Exchange Server in the same domain that will work with a single crm server? Also, is it possible to install the email-router on 2 exchange servers that one of them is in a different domain and both of them will work with a single crm server that resides in one of these domains? Is there a change in this cases in verion 3.0 (vNext)? There is definately a change for v3. The support for multiple servers is much better in v3, but not sure how it will handle the multiple Domain question. For v1.x, it could work, but depends a lot ...

Summary sheet for multiple sheets (difficult problem)
Here's the scenario: people owe money to companies. We assign each of these people a number, and create a separate sheet for each of the many companies. We need to compile a summary sheet (within the same workbook). Here's a sample sheet (let's call it Sample Company, which is the name of the sheet): Name ID # Amount John Jones 555 500 Jim Smith 123 175 Mary Long 232 100 Thus far the workbook has about twenty sheets (not counting the summary sheet) each named after a company and additional sheets are added freque...

Multiple Payees
I am using Money 2002 v10.0 My banking institution sends its transactions inclusive of transaction fees. At the moment I am 'Split'ing categories to show the fees, which makes my budget look OK. However the bank fees are showing against the Payees and not the Banking institute, so my Payee balances are all out. Is there a way I can also 'Split' a transaction into multiple payees as well as multiple categories EG.. Paying the phone bill: Phone company $20.00 Bank Fee $0.50 Total Trans. $20.50 Although I only paid the phone company $20.00 it shows as $20.50. ALter...

Mails Combined
HI, I mistakenly delete all mails from Inbox and then found them on the deleted Items and selected all and ask to move folders back to Inbox. the problem is all mails were combined into one email and moved back in to Inbox as a single email. How do i go back to the original version. How do i uncombined all the mails in to individual mails from the right recipient? Please help ASAP.. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com ...

How can I create a chart to compare multiple data series?
Using Excel, is there a way to merge multiple charts with different data series into one to demonstrate a direct comparison of the data series within one single chart. I've got 4 charts of the stacked column type. magnoliak77 Tufte calls them small multiples, Cleveland calls them trellis displays. I call them panel charts. Take a look at the examples on this page. http://processtrends.com/toc_panel_charts.htm Another option is to stick with your 4 charts, however, you can size and align them. Here's a link to a simple macro that sizes and aligns all charts on a single sheet....

changing colours of multiple items in Publisher 2000
Does anyone have any idea how I can change the colour of multiple items on a page? It is so time consuming to have to select and change the colour of each item individually - it would be so useful to be able to select all the items I need and change the colour en bloc. Do the newer Publisher packages have this facility (2003, 2007?) What items are you trying to chage? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Fluffbrain" <Fluffbrain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B67BD6A-B0E8-45A9...

How can I copy a list from word into a single cell in excel
Data in word is presented as a bullet list. I have copied this data into a new doc and removed the formatting to leave just the list of items. I now wish to copy this data into excel but want it to appear in one single cell retaining its list format rather than continuous text Well, you can save it as TEXT and then read into WORD. If you really want it in one cell, you can then concatenate the values together using a formula similar to this =A1&B1 If you want a space between the data, use =A1&" "&B1 Remember that there is a cell length limit that you may come...

merge/combine workshhets
I need to merge about 75 worksheets into one spreadsheet on a regular basis - all have exactly the same format/layout etc back can vary in the number of rows Try this Jeff http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Jeff224" <Jeff224@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6790506-2888-4F4D-80EA-BB0D9F9B27A2@microsoft.com... >I need to merge about 75 worksheets into one spreadsheet on a regular basis - > all have exactly the same format/layout etc back can vary in the number of > rows Or http://www.rondebru...

Multiple calls for Campaign
Hello I am attempting to set up a telemarketing campaign by using quick campaign in Microsoft CRM 4.0. I have set up the marketing list with multiple contacts and created a quick campaign for this marketing list. While creating the quick campaign, I selected phone call to all of the contacts within the marketing list. However, a phone call task was not created for every contact within the list. Only one phone call task was created for the entire marketing list. How can I create multiple phone calls for each and every contact within the marketing list. Kindly advise. Thank you ...

Printing spreadsheets crested in earlier versoins of Excel
Hello - My computer and my wife's computer are networked. I have WinXP and Excel 2000 9.0.3821 SR-1 on my computer. She has Win98 and Excel 2000 9.0.2720. When I print a spreadsheet created in Win98 with an earlier version of Excel (I'm not sure which version), I get "squiggilly" vertical lines and numbers. When I print the same file on the same printer using my wife's computer it looks fine. What is the problem? Is there a way I can convert the file so it will print correctly? Thanks Drew As answered at your second post: Have you tried copying the conte...

Finding the combination that appears more times
Hi everybody i have a list on excel 2007 that displays the purchase of items on columns A:E, each column showing one (1) item I want to find what combination of items appears more times, especifically, which combination of four (4) is the favorite mix eg: A B C D F A C D E F B C D E F B C D F Z in this example, the winner would be (B, C, D, E) as it appears 3 times the main problem is that I have over 1,000 rows and trying with =SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIF(A1:E1,$N$1:$R$1)) por each combination would take forever... is there a simpler, quicker ...

multiple account registers
Been using Money for years, now I'm taking on my mother's finances and would like to track them in Money but in a separate account register. How can I do this, or other options for keeping her accounts separate from my own? In microsoft.public.money, Needinghelp! wrote: >Been using Money for years, now I'm taking on my mother's finances and would >like to track them in Money but in a separate account register. How can I do >this, or other options for keeping her accounts separate from my own? Use File->New->Newfile (or similar with an older version) to cre...

Difference in the listing of the New module addition in 2002 version
Hi, I have Excel 2002 at home and also at work. At home when I add a new module (using Insert module) Then it gets listed under "VBAProject (Book1)" and it is in the same tree node as "Sheet1 (Sheet1)", "Sheet2 (Sheet2)" , "Sheet3 (Sheet3)" "This Workbook". There is no separate "Microsoft Excel objects" folder. While at Work when I insert a new Module it gets added under a folder called Module which is basically part of the tree node "VBAProject (Book1)". Also at work I have a separate "Microsoft Excel objects"...

Free Spreadsheets
I am looking for free spreasheets in excel of any kind, any links other than microsoft template page. Any links will be appreaciated. Any links for spreadsheets..... Have you tried a web search for your topics of interest? Without a clue as to what kind of "free spreadsheets" you're looking for it's anyone's guess... Smitty "." wrote: > I am looking for free spreasheets in excel of any kind, any links > other than microsoft template page. Any links will be appreaciated. > Any links for spreadsheets..... > > you might try this: http://w...

Average IFS (Multiple Criteria)
I have used the following formula and it works prefectly, however, one of my columns contains % and I want an average not a sum. Is there a way to use AVERAGEIFS to get the average only if other cells contain certain criteria? =SUMIFS(AF$4:AF$169,$G$4:$G$169,$G174,$F$4:$F$169,$F174,$J$4:$J$169,"<=12/31/10",$J$4:$J$169,">=01/01/10") ...

Combining 2 Excel (xls) files
I have 2 xls workbooks with different sheet names and both with different range names. I would like to combine them both into one workbook so that I don't have to re-create all of the range names. Is there a way to do that? -- LAF ------------------------------------------------------------------------ LAF's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=9656 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=346017 Hi LAF- Open both files (let's call them A & B, and assume A will be your "combined" file). Working i...

Emails to multiple recipients not being delivered
Windows 2000 Server SP4 Exchange 5.5 SP4 We've had multiple complaints about people not being able to send to multiple recipients in the "To:" field. For example: John Doe, Jane Smith, and Mike Brown are all listed as the "To:" recipients of an email. Jane Doe gets the email but nobody else listed does. We have had a few people tell us about this problem. Somtimes all recipipients will get the email but sometimes not. Are there any settings in Exchange 5.5 that will prevent this? Thanks in advance. Mr. Mike On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 16:02:02 -0700, "Mr. Mike"...

Combining Publications
Can I combine two different publications into one? Suzi wrote: > Can I combine two different publications into one? ========================================= Personally, I would simply open two instances of Publisher (one document in each) / tile the two screens...and copy/paste. Maybe the following link will be useful: Combining Publisher Documents http://tinyurl.com/2lpj5w -- John Inzer MS Picture It! - Digital Image MVP Digital Image Highlights and FAQs http://tinyurl.com/aczzp Notice This is not tech support I am a volunteer Solutions that wo...

How do I lock down a mailbox so it can only send to a single addre
We have set up an account that several people will share, but only to send single mails to a single, fixed email address. Is there a way that I can lock this down so that mail cannot be sent elsewhere? Thanks in advance. John B On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 03:27:04 -0700, John B <John B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have set up an account that several people will share, but only to send >single mails to a single, fixed email address. Is there a way that I can lock >this down so that mail cannot be sent elsewhere? > >Thanks in advance. > >John B You would real...

Can I format an entire row based on the value of a single cell?
I would like to use the conditional formatting feature to format an entire row rather than just a single cell. For example: If the cell value = "Total" then the entire row is bold. select your range (multiple rows???). Then with A3 (say) the activecell in that selection: format|Conditional formatting formula is: =$a3="total" apply a nice format LTShelley wrote: > > I would like to use the conditional formatting feature to format an entire > row rather than just a single cell. For example: If the cell value = "Total" > then the entire row is bo...

Opening Multiple files in separate Excel folders
Can this be done? Hi what do you mean with 'separate Excel folders'? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Paul Dunn wrote: > Can this be done? Yes. Dim aryFiles Dim oFSO Sub LoopFolders() Dim i As Integer Set oFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") selectFiles "c:\MyTest" Set oFSO = Nothing End Sub '--------------------------------------------------------------------------- Sub selectFiles(sPath) '--------------------------------------------------------------------------- Dim Folder As Object Dim Files As Object D...

How to Combine Data in Different Columns
Hi Everyone I need help in this issue. I have tried many ways though some wer successful but they were not efficient. I have say 5 columns of data and the data could be on the same rows o all 5 columns or on different rows hence if I need to combine all th data of these 5 columns, I would have to sort or filter each of the manually and copy and paste to a different worksheet or column. This i very tedious and time consuming. I also tried to write a macro to loo for data in one column then put them into another column but i was no successful. However, experts like you guys shouldn't have ...

newb question
Hi all, new Outlook 2003 user here with a problem. Here's the issue: I have 2 email accounts in my life, a hotmail account, and my work email account. I've set them both up as seperate email accounts in Outlook, and both work just fine. But here's the rub: In order to connect to my work email account (which is set-up as an exchange server email account) I have to first connect using VPN software on my PC. I only really want to check my work email once or twice a month, so therefore I don't want to fire-up my VPN software every time I open Outlook. My hotmail, on the other...

Multiple Conditions
I am trying to populate a field on a form if certain conditions are met such as: If checkbox1 is true then display x If checkbox 2 is true then display y If both are true then display z If both are false then display w Any help will be greatly appreciated! Use Switch(), Choose() or nested IIf() expressions. See the help in Access for details an examples. If you actually have lots more checkboxes than the 2 in your example, you might get better results by redesigning the table: http://allenbrowne.com/casu-23.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for ...

Scatter chart for real-time tracking of a single cell value ?
Hi. I use Excel 2003. On a spreadsheet connected to a DDE data feed, I have a cell containing an integer number that updates and changes constantly during the day. I would like to chart the number in that cell in real-time second by second between certain hours of the day. I have been told that it may be possible to use a scatter chart to do this but I have not been able to make it work or to find useful help files. It seems to me that the problem has to do with charting a single cell rather than a range but I'm not sure. Any practical advice or pointer to a "how-to" web site w...